Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sex,Coffee and Car Chases



Lonnie Johnson was the tall ,slender brown skinned employee at Hype Magazine that Sean Jackson and I saw flirting and sharing a little lightweight kiss with the late Edna Walton on the last day of her life... Edna's husband..Jimmy Dee had also visited him and busted his lip for him a few days before we found Edna's body in the trunk of her car with two .22 slugs in her temple and her pocketbook emptied of all cash.

He came up to me at work and asked to talk to me at a coffee shop around the corner from where we worked.

"What's goin on Lonnie...What will you have?" I asked.

"Just a large coffee, extra cream and sugar." he said.

"So what's up?" I said after I placed our orders...

"Kev...I made a big mistake....I knew I shouldn't have done it...Messin with a married man's wife...but I couldn't help myself...I got caught up man....Did you see her?" asked Lonnie Johnson.

"Yeah..Uh...I saw her many times." I said, holding my head down... She didn't look as good the last time I had seen her...Decaying in the trunk of her car with two bullet holes in her head I thought to myself.

"Man Kev..She'd wear those white frilly blouses....You could see right through em...Flowery bras....Smellin all good, Short skirts....and she was talkin to me...a guy like me!!! At first I couldn't beleive it..Then the next thing I know ..We goin to lunch all the time and she was payin at first....and then...." He said and trailed off...

"Then what?" I asked.

"Well..We went to a hotel....and lawd jesus...it was all over..Me and that woman did some thangs in that room that are against the law!...Lord Kevin...THAT woman was hell in the bed Kevin...And then...she told me that she needed money..if she was gonna keep on meetin me like this." he said.


"Money?" I asked.

"Yeah....We met about three times  and I think I paid her about $1800.00" he said holding his head down.... "It was worth every last cent..Lawd...but I still shouldn't have done it..She had a husband." he said.



"So you brought me here to tell me what everybody in the office has been gossiping about anyway?" I said.

"Nah Kev..Nah..There's more...." he said.

"Well,I should hope so." I said.

"Look...Her husband was young as you know....A Hot head..He was controlling and jealous and mean..Always goin through her phone, wantin to know where she was all the time...et al...She was gonna leave him...She had a little coke habit...She uh..got her ex husband...to advance her about two grand worth of coke...and she was behind on payin it back....I loaned her $600.00 the last day I saw her..." he said.

"Her ex husband?" I asked.

"Fast Tony...He works for a cat named Diamondback.." said Lonnie.

Diamondback!!! There was that name again!

"Fast Tony advanced her some of Diamondback's stash and she didn't pay back in time huh?" I asked.

"Yeah...They both were tryin to cover it up...she couldn't go to her husband for help...Fast Tony or Diamondback would've killed him...So she was gettin the money from me...She told me that some old man was lending her another part of the money she owed and that she was going to pay me back." said Lonnie.

"Thanks a lot Lonnie...you cleared up a lot." I said. I tossed a couple of bucks on the table and left...

This explained the text message she got from Fast Tony Costner ...The one she got while she was with Pork Pie Nelson that night...Diamondback wanted his stash or his money...She had it....or maybe she didn't have all of it...and Diamondback..a relatively new player on the block made an example out of her...He also took his money as payment...and gave Fast Tony a warning...This explained why he was so busted up the day I saw him.  I called Kool Kat....We had a date with Fast Tony!

II-


Clerow drove us to the Mermaid Club..He parked across the street from the club...Kool Kat and I got out and entered the bar....Fast Tony Costner and another guy were sitting at the bar...They saw us coming....

"So Tony....We meet again." I said..

''What do you want?" he snapped.

"It was you wasn't it? " I said smiling...

"What are you talking about?" he said.

''Damn man...your ex wife?  You killed your ex-wife over a two thousand dollar drug debt???"I asked.

"Hey man...people owe..people pay, but you don't know what you're talkin about." said Fast Tony.

"Let me try this .You just got out of jail...You run into your ex wife...She's looking good , you have sex...The mind blowing sex you remember was the only good thing about your marriage. You find out that while you've been gone she's developed a terrible habit...an expensive habit.and that she's only sleeping with you because she needs money and an advance..She knows that you work for a lightweight playa..So after pillowtalk and still in the afterglow you advance her 2G's of your boss's stash....Only problem is...She doesn't pay it back fast enough and your boss aint too happy with that....Am I gettin close?  Diamondback and one of his goons give you a beating and they go after her...That's why you texted her right? To tell her that he was looking for her and to hope to God that she had his money..." I said.

"Yeah you close...Too close as usual Kev....You shoulda stayed out of this." he said and pulled out his .22....

I tossed a glass of water in his face and dove to the floor, Kool Kat took cover and Tony ran out of the bar....Kool Kat and I pushed through the crowd of people and gave chase..

''Watch out Kev," screamed Kool Kat...

Tony Costner fired three shots at me as I left the bar..I ducked between two parked cars...

Kool Kat fired his big .44 magnum.. Tony returned his fire...Kool Kat ducked back inside... I fired three shots from my .38 smokeless... Fast Tony returned my fire and then ran down the street....He leaped in his Mercedes..

Kool Kat and I ran over to where Clerow was parked...We leaped in the car...

''Clerow...That's Fast Tony Costner ..He's on the move..Let's go." I said.


And thus began a wild Car chase through the streets of Philadelphia....In and out of other cars...just barely missing pedestrians...twisting and turning around corners.

Fast Tony was driving with one hand and shooting at us with the other hand...Clerow, who was an excellent driver was navigating the car brilliantly....
Kool Kat was aiming his .44 magnum at the car....

"I can't get a clean shot Kev." he said.

"Bring your hand back in....We don't want to be shooting like this while in a speeding car.." I said.

"Kev are you crazy? He's trying to kill us!" said Kool Kat...

"Clerow, pull up, hit the breaks!" I screamed..

Clerow hit the breaks...Our car skidded and spun around....but stopped without slamming into anything...

Tony Coster's car went up on the sidewalk straight through the window and door of an abandoned gas station, out the back door and into a light pole in the next block..
Tony flew through the windsheild of his car and landed on the pavement!!!

A crowd gathered....Clerow, Kool Kat and I walked over to him....He was dead!!!...His .22 was still in his hands...




''Wow...Doesn't look like Fast Tony will be speeding anymore." said Kool Kat.

"No..It sure doesn't." I said..Clerow smiled...

"Guess that wraps up this caper huh?" said Kool Kat...

"Well, almost...If that gun matches....The murder of Edna is all wrapped up....but I'm interested in Diamondback....The punk that made this happen." I said.

"Him?  he's a young punk." said Kool Kat.

"Yeah....and he needs to be taught a lesson." I said.

"Lead the way oh fearless leader." laughed Kool Kat.  Clerow smiled...

(Conclusion Next)

4 comments:

Swaggie said...

Dayyummmm! This was wild...

Tate 2 said...

Man...This got out of hand real quick...I had a feelin Edna's ex husband knew more than he was telling~!

Sunflower said...

You really brung the mayhem with this one! LOL! Good Story just the same.

albina N muro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.