Friday, March 7, 2014

Upgrade


We all sat in the conference room...Sissy sat at the head with me ,ADA Keith Wallace right next to her and FBI Special Agent Sharon Ferrell on the other side of her...
The reason why we were gathered here was because our case might just possibly have a break in it...My wife Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace, the primary in this case stood and pointed to a monitor...
"This case seemed like it was going nowhere for a minute...and then all of a sudden, it did...It was right there all the time...Look at the monitor....That is Lt. Cantrell's house..." she said... Sissy,Tyriq,Duke and Jimmy started laughing...

"No wait-" she continued..."Lt. Cantrell and Carol got there about 11:00 pm...They watched a movie, which ended around 1:00 am....There was no activity on the block..Nothing out of the ordinary....They probably began making love around 1:15 am or quarter of....One of the neighbors said that he was coming home from work at around 3:00 am and the Mustang was in his parking place...It was still there when the other neighbor's boyfriend left her house at 4:15 am....By now, Lt.Cantrell and Carol were making so much noise...that the two loud shots were muffled and heard only by the neighbor on the other side...That puts the time at around 5:20 Am...The killer didn't come in a car..The killer came on foot..." said Carlotta...

"Of all the people we talked to....No one recalled hearing a car of any type on the block during the morning...That's a small block...Somebody would have heard something....The killer took a bus..and the subway...Hop and me checked the camera footage on all of the local buses and subways running that morning...It took awhile...but look who we have on the Subway and on the bus...early in the morning.."said Jimmy...

We looked at the screen...It was the face of Bobby Lonigan's brother...Donnie Lonigan!!!

"There was no sign of breaking and entering...We had already determined that the victim knew his killer, Who else would he have let into his house early that morning, but his brother?" said Tyriq...
"It gets better..we did some checking into his brother...He graduated from Howard University,matricualted to Harvard University, graduated with honors and right up the corporate ladder to this shadowy Multi-National company in Afghanistan...and what is in Afghanistan?"asked Duke.
"Oh My God...Poppies...Heroin....All the heroin you can put your hands on."said Sharon...
"That's right...Donnie Lonigan was pulling in 100k a year on the regular...Then he hooked up with Sally Reynolds, a pretty and ambitious Black Attorney and her very connected friend...Tate Clancy....These three went into the Heroin Business...She had had contacts in Hong Kong...The dope went through Hong Kong through U.S. Customs and into New York and down to Philadelphia...."said Carlotta...
"From there, Donnie started selling to the local independents around here and he ,Sally and Tate began pulling in millions....Only problem was ...Local Stash man ,William Bonnie was feeling the squeeze..He couldn't sell his product anymore...Nobody was buying and Sally was even offering to cut Big Bro's gang,The Ant Hill Gang in on their high grade heroin....That's when William Bonnie made a side deal with Bobby...Find out who is putting the new dope on the street and kill them.We found transfers ,bank transfers from Bonnie to Lonigan." said Hop.
"And Sharon...you were right...He discovered that the person putting the new package on the street was his brother...The brother that he had put through college, the brother that he had did everything he could to make sure that he never had to be part of the life...He couldn't kill him...He tried to talk to him, but that didn't work...So he decided to give him up to the feds....He'd rather see him in jail, but alive, rather than dead..."said Sirena..
"And his brother got word somehow that he was talking to the FBI and killed him to keep that from happening."I said.

''That's a great story, but how do you prove it?" asked Sissy.
''We don't have to prove it..All we have to do is prove that Donnie killed Bobby.."said Carlotta. Hazel entered the room just then...
''We have a ballistics match....The bullets that killed William Bonnie and Gary Lockwood came from the same gun that killed Bobby Lonigan...and judging by the splatter and the way the bullets entered the body of all three victims...You're looking for a left handed killer.." said Hazel.


"Keith can you get us a search warrant for Lonigan's office and his hotel room?" asked Sissy...

"I can do it..It'll take about an hour." I said.

Sally Reynolds was being charged with Accessory to murder...She had already made bail and been released..I hope I had enough time to get them both before they left town...

II-
FBI Special Agent in charge, Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins got a warrant from the U.S. Attorney for the office suite of that multi-national company quicker than my warrant....She, Sirena, Hop and Duke,along with FBI agents raided that office..
They took files, Laptop computers and ledgers...No arrests were made, but they found evidence to bare out the heroin transactions of Donald Lonigan, Sally Reynolds and Tate Clancy...

III-
I went with Sissy,Carlotta,Tyriq, Jimmy and 5 uniformed officers to the condo where Donnie Lonigan was
staying ...when we got there however we heard the sound of a bed squeaking, the headboard ramming against the wall and good lovemaking .....

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuu...OUUUUUUUUUUU Daddy give me that long stroke....yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss."

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH baby, give it to mmeeeeeeeeeeeeee....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"Ohhh Donnie, I love you soooo much, I was so horny ,sitting in that police station waiting for you to bail me out....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"I'm here now baby...put it onnn me...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

"ROCK ME DADDY, ROCK MEEEEEEEEE....until I scream for air to breathe..."

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I think I'm about to explode...."

"Ouuuuuuuu,don't cum yet daddy, just hold on a little longer...ouuuuuu  mama is almost there...almost there.....almost there....ouUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,I'M ABOUT TO BLOW MY LOADDDDDDDDD! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

The bed stopped squeaking...

Sissy looked at Carlotta ,Tyriq and Jimmy, who had their heads down and sheepish smiles on their faces...

''Is it alright to knock now?"she said sarcastically....None of them said a word...I cracked up and just shook my head...

Sissy knocked on the door.

"WHO THE HELL IS IT?" came an angry voice..

"POLICE!" said Tyriq...

"GO GET A WARRANT AND LEAVE US ALONE!" came a female voice..

Carlotta looked at the uniforms...

"Knock it down!!!....POLICE!" she screamed and the uniforms knocked the door off the hinges...

Carlotta,Jimmy,Tyriq,Sissy and I walked in....along with the five uniformed policemen....Guns drawn!!!

Donnie sat up...

His lady friend screamed and ducked under the covers...

"You'd better have a warrant!" he said.

''But of course Papi" said Carlotta.
Carlotta dropped it on his bed...He picked it up with his left hand to read...Something I noticed immediately....Hazel had been right on the money!

Jimmy went into the night stand and pulled a .45 pistol out....!!!!!!

"Jackpot!" he said and a uniformed officer put the gun in plastic bag...

"Donald Lonigan, you're under arrest for the murder of Bobby Lonigan, William Bonnie and Gary Lockwood...You have the right to remain silent....If you give up this right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...You have a right to an attorney ,if you don't have one, one will be provided to you...You do understand these rights?  You're a lawyer...I'm sure you do." said Tyriq as he handcuffed him and turned him over to the uniforms...

Sally Reynolds sat up in the bed...She had on flaming red bikini panties and a matching bra...I looked at her and smiled..

"Catch you later." I said...She smiled at me and winked...

We didn't arrest her...At least not today.
IV-
The gun was a match!  Donnie Lonigan was convicted of the first degree murders of Bobby Lonigan, Gary Lockwood and William Bonnie and given three life sentences...He was convicted on federal charges of drug smuggling and distribution and given a life sentence also...

Sally Reynold was eventually arrested on federal charges of conspiracy and sentenced to 15-25 years...

Their mysterious partner, Tate Clancy was found shot to death in a hotel room in Hong Kong...To date, his murder remains unsolved.

EPILOUGE:
DEA Agent Carol Redding, true to her word met with Sissy, Sirena, Sharon, Hazel ,Angie and Carlotta for lunch at a Tony eatery that Saturday...


The girls were catching up on whatever it is they had to catch up on, marriages, sex...what have you...Around the time I thought they would be finishing up...Duke, Tyriq and I entered the eatery...
Upon seeing us, they all smiled...

''Hey guys, what are you doing here?"said Sissy...

"I have a surprise for you Carlotta...." I said.

Carlotta looked stunned...

"You've already proposed to me, we are already married...What kind of surprise could you have?" she said.

''Go outside and see Top."said Tyriq.

''Yeah,I guaruntee you'll love it." said Duke ,smiling.

Everybody paid their bill and we all walked outside...

The Red Mustang that had belonged to the deceased Bobby Lonigan pulled up to the curb...Jimmy had been driving..Hop had been riding in the passenger side.
They got out....Jimmy tossed the keys to Carlotta. Her eyes got as wide as saucers...

"AYEE MIOS DIOS...WHAT IS THIS?" she said,putting her hands to her mouth..
"You like itttttt? It's yours...It was impounded and then it went to the Police Auction....I bought it right away." I said.

She kissed me ,long and hard....

"OH MY GOD...I LOVE IT!!" she said.

"You were due an upgrade...and I know you're more of a sports car girl than you are an SUV kinda girl...So...Since you admired this car so much..I bought it for you." I said.

"OHHH,I LUV IT!!!" She said...

"Well don't just stand there...Take it for a spin..."I said.

"OHHHH THANK YOU,THANK ,THANK YOU...I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH.." she said and kissed me again...a little longer, softer and sensual....I was kind of embarrassed, everyone seeing us kissing like that.
she whispered in my ear..."I am going to love you so good when we get home...Mami is going to really take care of you.." Which made me blush...

"Boss Lady, Sharon,Sirena, Angie, Hazel come on...let's take it for a spin." she said and they ran down the steps and got in the Mustang and pulled off, laughing and screaming like teen aged girls...
DEA Agent Carol Redding walked over to me and whispered in my ear...She had seen the entire exchange between me and Carlotta up close..

"You think Ed and I were making noise the  other night...I wouldn't want to be your neighbor tonight...She's going to have you screaming her name." she said and winked at me...

I looked at her and busted out laughing...She busted out laughing too!




2 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice Ending....Sissy's sarcastic remark-"Can I knock on the door now?" to her detectives had me in stitches..

Yvonne Anderson said...

Loved this ending...It was sweet..This story had a lot of humor to it...My suspicion about the killer was right also..