Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Arrangement


After giving Millionaire Shipping Magnate and socialite Paul Jordan and his lover, Brendan Boxley multiple cups of coffee, Sissy and I observed as Carlotta, Rico and Jimmy interviewed him...It had been a long night and they had been talking to them both throughout the night....Hop and Sirena and some uniform policemen were still on the ship interviewing the crew and the partygoers.Duke was with his wife,Hazel at the M.E.'s office and Angie and some uniforms had gone back to the scene of their murder and was at the catering company.
His loft was beautiful, reminded me of the one I used to live in....Ironically ,there were photos of his wife, The dead woman we found in the river,Michelle Jordan all over the house....Explicit photos of her in bathing suits, panties and Bras...even nude...It gave the impression that he was over doing it a bit...People who had been at the party and who knew the couple said that they were the perfect couple...but some people did tell us that at times the couple's public display of affection was a bit over the top.

"So Tell us again, what happened." asked my wife, Carlotta...

"I'm telling you....I was at the party with my wife...We were having a good time...Then at around a quarter to nine, I got a text...it was from Brendan...and I quietly slipped out ..I quietly left the boat and I've been here ever since...I didn't know Michelle was dead until you guys busted in on us and told me." he said...his head in his hands....

"I understand that your wife used to be with the Catering Company that serviced your party...She also did a little bit of modeling when she caught your attention." said Tyriq...

"Yes...she was too gorgeous to be catering...She showed me some of her photo shoots....She was just working at that catering company so she could cozy up to one of the rich and famous and get sponsered or married..Michelle was very ambitious..." he said.

"And you married her?" asked Jimmy...

"Uh yeah...We had an uh arrangement..."he said.

''What kind of arrangement?" asked Carlotta..

"She uh came over here once ...We hadn't locked the door and she walked in on Bren and I.." he said..

He was a tall athletically built man with a nice tan and blonde hair just like Brendan....A man who could have had any woman he wanted..

''She knew you were gay?" asked Tyriq.

"If she didn't before...She knew it when she walked in on Brendan and me that afternoon!" he said.

"And she still married you?" asked Carlotta.. Tyriq and Jimmy laughed...Sissy just shook her head and turned around to keep them from seeing her laughing.

"It's all true...Yes, She knew....I wasn't ready to come out of the closet yet....I'm still not..." he said.

"I wish he would...I'm tired of hiding and pretending...I want us to be out and free."said Brendan...

Paul ignored him and continued talking to Carlotta..

"As I said...I wasn't ready to come out of the closet yet and I needed someone ,someone hot to agree to be my wife to make me look ,you know....straight...She was perfect...So I got a lawyer to sign a pre-nup...She agreed to be my wife for 5 years and in the end..She'd get five million dollars...plus, promotion for her modeling career....She only had one more year to go...She was already close to the end...The same lawyer was going to handle our divorce, I had already lived up to my end...As you know...Today, she's a major super-model...Why would I kill her?" he asked..
"I can think of five million reasons why..Maybe you no longer wanted  to pay her..."said Carlotta...

"No...No...It was locked in stone...I would have had to pay her in full...regardless...We were married four years...Why would I kill her??...Plus..believe it or not...I loved Michelle...She kept my secrets..and she was allowed to do her thing ,as long as it was kept discreet..Which she did...I didn't have a problem with my wife detectives....My lawyer is coming down here...She'll verify everything."he said.

II-
I whispered to Sissy....

"I believe him for some reason...Those are real tears...Not fake...He really did look shocked and surprised when we told him that she was dead..." I said.

Sissy, a great detective herself nodded..

"You have a point counselor...I don't like him for this...No, I believe him...Hazel and her team dusted this place and checked it for Blood, DNA and any other evidence..They didn't find anything and they are examining that big Trophy in the foyer that we took to see if it's the murder weapon.." she said.

"Oh My God..Look who his lawyers are Siss...We haven't seen them in awhile." I said smiling...

Sissy took one look and she smiled too...

"Olivia?? Olivia Bennett??" said Sissy, who hugged Olivia and smiled...It was very Uncharactoristic for a Lieutenant of Homicide and me, An Assistant District Attorney to hug a defense lawyer...But we knew them from their days in the Public defenders office...
I had gone up against Livy as we called her a few times in court...Always prepared ,always smart, always tenacious...I developed a budding respect and later friendship for her...

"Hey Keith, Heyyy Sissy...Long time no see...I'm in Private Practice now...You know my niece...Attorney Beverly West...and this is my husband...Private Investigator, Donnie Ray Alexander..I'm Olivia Bennett-Alexander now! I is a married lady now" she said  jokingly and showed Sissy her ring.

"Ohhh, You got married girl??? Good for you and look at that rock!!!" said Sissy shaking their hands...

''Hi Ms. Sissy." said Beverly...

Sissy hugged Bev...

''Hi baby...look at you...Last time I saw you..You were just starting out in the Public Defenders office....Livy,she looks just like you.." said Sissy.

"Heyy Guys. What's it been... a week?"Joked Donnie Ray....He and Kevin Morris had actually worked together and helped Sissy,Duke and Angie bring down a major crime boss and crack a triple murder...

''Yes... How about that!  Thanks again for your help on the Sonny Boston case.We usually reserve our praise solely for another Private Investigator."laughed Sissy..

"That would be Kevin Morris......He's good people, He helped me get started here...I used to be a Homicide Detective in New Orleans where I'm from." said Donnie Ray..
''We like you already." I said laughing.."So Olivia...This is your client huh?"

"Yeah...yeahh...From my days at my other law firm...before we get started here..Let me talk to your wife..." she said...

"She's in there with your client."I said....

Sissy motioned for Carlotta to join us....

Carlotta knew who Olivia was as soon as she saw her...I wasn't aware that they had ever met. She smiled sweetly and the two women embraced.

"I remember you...You used to work in the public defenders office."she said smiling..

"Yes...and do you remember a long talk we had one day about a certain ADA who had a thing for you?"said Olivia smiling sheepishly...looking at me...


Carlotta smiled...

"Yes...I do..You made me feel so relieved because I liked him too and I thought it was hopeless until I talked to you." said Carlotta.

''And now you got him girl!!!Good for you."said Olivia.

"Si....Thank you sooo much for that pep talk...but you didn't come here for that." said Carlotta.
"No I didn't...I have the contracts Michelle Jordan signed five years ago and the divorce papers she was going to sign next year...I worked out this arrangement for him when I was with my former law firm...Before I went into private practice."said Olivia.


Donnie Ray looked at me...He smiled..

"That's your wife man?  She's Natural Police....She keeps you on your toes doesn't she?" he laughed..

''She sure does..But you being married to Olivia...know how that goes right?" I said.

"Yeah man...I love it..."he said.

We both laughed and gave each other dap.

III-
Beverly West and Olivia showed the detectives the five year old legal agreement set up that promised Michelle Jordan ,a modeling career and five million dollars as long as she married him legally and made appearences as his wife...This proved that she knew about his homosexual lifestyle and agreed to be in effect,his "beard"  At the time of her death, she was within a year of completing the contract...

"Everything he told you is true...He would have had to pay at any point now..." said Beverly....

''Plus, I think I have proof that he's not your man" said Donnie Ray.

"You do?" said Jimmy...

''Yeah"said Donnie Ray who was setting up his Laptop...
Just then, Detectives Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins came in with a Tablet....
"Hey guys check this out." said Sirena.

On their tablet and Donnie Ray's Laptop was the same time sealed video of Paul Jordan leaving the boat at nine o'clock just as he said and speeding off in his car...Another video of him picking the car up from the valet..

Donnie Ray, Sirena and Hop had apparently checked his phone provider...He got a text from Brendan at quarter to nine as he said and he left promptly...

"We talked to the guy at the gate who verified his story guys...He and Brendan arrived here a little after nine and never left." said Hop.

Hazel and Duke arrived next....Duke was holding the Trophy....Hazel addressed all of us..


"I believe this is yours sir."said Duke as he returned the trophy...

''Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Olivia.Bev, Donnie Ray!!" said Hazel, embracing all three...Then she looked at Sissy and me..

"This is not the murder weapon....He's more than likely not your killer." said Hazel.

"Oh well guys...Let's pack it up...It's been a long night...Let's get some breakfast ..I know a place around here, great food.." said Sissy...

I looked at Olivia...

''All in a days work for you Livy." I said.

Olivia smiled...

"It was nice seeing you again Keith.." she  said.

"Hey counselor...We don't take these things personal..Why don't you join us for breakfast?" said Tyriq...

Olivia looked at Beverly and Donnie Ray..
"Why not? Let's freak everybody out..An ADA and his homicide detectives and us, defense attorneys eating together" she said...We all laughed and headed out..

"Thanks Livy"said Paul Jordan as we all walked out..

"That's what you pay me for Mr. Jordan." she said smiling...

"I hope you guys catch whoever done this." he said.

IV-

I waited for everybody to pull off and I pulled Carlotta to me..
"You've got me kind of hot" I asked..

"Nothing surprising about that...You're always hot."she said..

I kissed her passionately.. She returned my passion....

" Hey...We can eat breakfast anytime...Come here..." I said and pulled her to me and kissed her some more..I opened her blouse and observed her blue striped print bra...

"Papi...We are at somebody's condo..We can't do this here.." she said laughing and still kissing me...

"Damn girl..Watching you in Detective mode really turns me on..."I said.

"Watching me period turns you on.." she said in between more kisses..

"Damn right...You Think Paul and Brendan would let us use one of their rooms for a few minutes? We did clear them?" I said smiling..

I fumbled with her bra and kissed her some more....She smiled..

"Uhhh I don't think so...I think they want to get back to what they were doing.." she said and she buttoned her blouse back up...

''Come on...I'm hungry...let's get some breakfast...and then maybe we can go home for a few hours and I'll give you lunch." she said seductively and winked..

I hugged Carlotta....I loved her so much!

She looked at me...

''Funny about those two huh?" she said.

''What about them ?" I asked..

"He obviously loves Brendan.....But I feel...he loved his wife too.."said Carlotta.

"I think he did....Funny about love huh?" I said.

"Yes,funny...I loved you from afar all that time and you never knew it and you were liking me and I didn't know it...but everybody around us...Rico,Sirena, Boss Lady and Ms. Olivia all knew.." she said and we continued kissing.

"Yeah...and luckily..We found each other.." I said.."Now let's find us some place private so we can find each other again.."I said kissing her sloppily...

"What am I going to do with you?" she said,smiling...

"We'll think of something."I said and we both laughed.

(TO BE CONTINUED!)



1 comment:

Brenda said...

WOW! IT WAS GREAT SEEING LIVY, BEV AND DONNIE RAY in this installment...They were all in the last Kevin story too! Nice touch!