Wednesday, January 14, 2015

American Dream

Today we were riding in my partner, Detective Monica Talbert's Car.... It had been awhile since I had driven a car on the street...and I have to admit..It felt good..We were headed to visit Mrs. Rita Jefferson, the widow of Nestor Jefferson, the man we'd found shot to death in Penn Park a day ago...

I had spent the night with Monica...It had been so good..I didn't want to leave...but I had to get up and be out of her apartment before daybreak if I was to be at my apartment by a reasonable time to get to work...

When I got to my place, I discovered 4 missed messages from Nyla...I switched on my monitor...As expected ,they were video messages....She was wearing next to nothing in all of them, her body just glistening, as though she'd just gotten out of the tub and rubbed down in baby oil...

I had to admit..She did look hot and if I wasn't in a relationship with my new partner...I might have been tempted to make a booty call...But now..All I was was disgusted at her lame attempts to get me back, especially when she knew I knew she was still sleeping with my ex-partner from the Special Victims Unit...Detective Wally Becker..

Monica was driving...She looked over at me..

"You okay partner?" she asked...

''Don't you already know?" I asked smiling..

"I wasn't in your head this morning...I've noticed that you haven't asked me to stay out lately.." she said..

I rubbed her free hand...

"That's because I don't mind....You being in my head is a way to keep you closer to me."I remarked...Totally shocked that I had even uttered something like that..but it was true..

She smiled the sweetest smile I had yet to see from her..

"Awwwwwwww..." she said.

We turned off on 76 and headed to 476, which would lead us to the suburban neighborhood outside of King of Prussia where the Jefferson's lived...

II-

The Jefferson's home was beautiful and that was an understatement...It was state of the art and his wife, Rita Jefferson looked like a model....I didn't get it...This man had a good well paying job where he was celebrated...well liked and respected...Had a beautiful state of the art  home in the suburbs...and a sexy wife...No children yet, but I'm sure he was working on it...Had money in the bank, good credit.... Hell he wasn't living the American Dream...HE WAS THE DAMN AMERICAN DREAM!!!   So how did this guy wind up dead in the park in Philadelphia and possibly having an affair with another woman? I mused as I looked around...
Monica rubbed my hand...She had heard my thoughts...

"That's what we are going to find out partner...but uh....don't mention the other woman at all..We don't know who she is or if there is even an affair." she said.

"Wow...I'm supposed to say that." I said cracking up...


"I'm fair..." she said.

Rita Jefferson offered us coffee....We sat down with her...She was a pleasent woman...

"Nestor was spending a lot of time in the city...Staying overnight...It started a few months ago...He said it was work...His boss...Well, We are friends with his boss and his wife and he said that Nestor was working on a big project....but he never was specific just what it was and I didn't ask..." she said.

"Did Nestor seem as if anybody was causing him any problems? Was he nervous about anything the last time you saw him?" I asked.


"No...and in fact...He walked out of here whistling some mornings...He was very happy...I had no indication that anything was wrong..." she said.

"You guys were alright?" asked Monica..

"Yeah...Sure...He was my husband...I loved him..." she said.  "His funeral is in two days...I-I've got to make preparations....I'm sorry I can't be of anymore help...but I just don't know anything more.." she said.

"Well Thank you for your time Mrs. Jefferson and we are so sorry for your loss...We'll keep in touch." said Monica.
On the ride back ,Monica looked at me...

"She was basically telling the truth, but when I asked her if the two of them were alright...She hesitated...She wasn't completely truthful...She was holding something back..." she said.
"You mean you couldn't hear it?" I said.

"Not completely....She was pushing whatever it was back in her sub-conscious so far that it was very hard for me to hear." she said.

I was confused...

"You mean people can do that?" I said.

"Yes...some people can push something so far back in their sub-conscious that I can barely hear it...They don't even realize it.. You aren't one of them....Yes..I'm wearing a bra..and yes it matches my panties...  Women are better at hiding their thoughts than men are.." she said and laughed..

I blushed... She cracked up laughing....

"Wow...I guess my thoughts are really embarrassing..." I said.

She smiled...

"Embarrassing to who? Me or you? Actually...I'm used to you now...They're kind of cute...Like you." she said.....

Damn..I was starting to fall in love with this girl...I imagined us in the nearby future having an American Dream like existence...A house...maybe a kid...I wondered if that was possible...

"Of course it's possible....Wow...I almost feel like you're proposing to me.." she said.

"Is it possible for me to learn to push my thoughts far back like that?" I asked..

"I'll try to teach you....but it's not easy..." she said.  She leaned over and kissed me in the lips...

"You are soo sweet.I've never felt like this about any guy ,especially not this soon." she said.

"Me neither" I said and looked at her and smiled..

"You are so simple...Smarty.." she said and we both laughed...

III-
I dropped Monica off at the Precinct ...I went back to Diamond Investments to talk to Nestor's boss...
Jack Redding...

Jack Redding was tall, well tanned, Athletic build with a very expensive tailored suit that fit him to a tee and a great smelling cologne...He had a mouth full of perfectly white teeth...A kilowat grin and a bullshit type personality to go with it..

He shook my hand and we sat down...

"Detective...Any help I can be...Just let me know..." he said.  "We all loved Nestor around here...My wife and I socialized with he and Rita all the time...We had just had dinner a few weeks ago at this really hip Bistro in Camden.." he said.

"Astro's?" I asked.
He looked surprised...

"You've been there?" he said.

"I was there last night with a friend..."I said.

"I love your tastes Detective.." he said.

"We talked to Mrs. Jefferson earlier today...She said that Nestor was working on a big project...and it caused him to have to work long hours and stay in the city overnight." I said.

He got on his intercom....

"Katy...bring me Nestor Jefferson's case files." he said.

A shapely Assistant came into the office with several of Nestor Jefferson's case files..

"These are the things he was working on...They did cause him to work longer hours and here we have his expense reports...He was staying at these hotels ,that the company was paying for..." he said.

"Can I make copies of these files?" I asked..

"Normally,I'd ask for a warrant..but if it helps you solve Nestor's murder...I'm all for it.. Uh Katy make him some copies...." he said.

One hour later..Katy returned with copies...

"Uh sir..If you don't mind me asking..Where were you on the day Mr. Jefferson died? I have to ask.."I said.

"Me? Oh.Uh..I was home..In bed." he said.

Something about the way he said that made me feel kind of uneasy...This was a time I had wished that my partner had been with me..

IV-
I met Monica at the local diner..Since she knew what I liked...She had already ordered for me...

"You look like you've been busy partner.... I checked the wife's financials...Her credit cards, debit cards and bank account are as dull and unassuming as his...She didn't even have a life insurance policy on him....He had one on her...a normal one... I checked her movements and they all seem normal....I talked to the neighbors.... On the night Mr. Jefferson died...She did have a visitor..A male visitor who didn't leave until 4:00 in the morning...A neighbor was letting her cat out and saw the man leaving...We don't know who the man was..." she said.

"Soooooo..All wasn't perfect in the Jefferson home...He may have been steppin out and the Missus was steppin out too...Welllllllllllllllllll now." I laughed..

"So..What have you been up to?" she asked...

"I went back to Diamond Insurance..Talked to the boss..He gave me the same spiel...Jefferson was hard working, well liked and was a hard worker...He gave me case files and I went to all of these places and talked to a number of people...It was all legit...He really was working hard and he stayed at all of these hotels on the company dime...but here is where it gets cute...He wasn't staying alone..."I said.

Monica's eyes got as large as saucers.....

"Whatttttttttttttttttt?  Awwww suki suki now..." she said.


He had non-reimbursable expenses on his expense accounts that were just classified as "Miscellaneous"...So I checked his credit cards and debit cards again...On all of these nights..He paid with his own cards for his guest.....A blonde female......And after checking the surveilience tapes of one hotel...I finally got a scope on her..." I said.

I pulled out a still photo I had made of the woman...and showed it to Monica...She was Blonde, very pretty and always unassumingly trying not to look at the camera...

"We have to run it through Facial Recognition." she said.

"Did that...I got nothing...She's not in the system at all...Not a parking ticket...Nothing..."I said.

"So close and yet so far."she said.

Just then Detective Wally Becker walked into the diner....He saw us and walked over to our table..

He wasn't a happy camper...

"You know...I don't know which one of you put my tracking device on the Lieutenant's car, but that wasn't cool....Not cool at all." he said.

"And it was cool of you to clone my phone and put one on my car and my partner's car?" I said.

"That's beside the point...Apparently you had quite a night...You were everywhere I was...What were you doing following me?" he asked..

"No....I was home." I said.

"You weren't home...Nyla called you..." he said.

"I had company."I said.

"You couldn't have been home..I tracked you.....Ohhhhhhhhh, you put that tracker on another car?? Ohhhh Alright, cool....Okayyy...Very smart..." he said.

He looked at Monica...
"I just don't have a chance with you do I? Not a chance?" he said.

"Not a chance." she said.

"Well when you layin up in your apartment in your panties ,all alone and horny. Don't call me." he said.

"Trust me...I won't." she said...Amazed at his extreme hubris...

Finally he pulled his smartphone out...

"Just for that...I'm takin your number out of my phone...your work number too."he said...

"Wow...I guess you showed her huh?" I said and laughed...

"I'll try not to be too heartbroken."said Monica...

He stomped his foot and stormed out of the diner...

I cracked up laughing so hard,I nearly fell out of my seat...

Monica rubbed my hand softly....

"He is right about one thing though...Right now...I am kind of horny.....How about you?" she asked and winked.

I looked at her and smiled..

"Almost like you uhh read my mind" I said and smiled salaciously at her.

"Shut up!" she said and led me by the hand to my flying car.

V-
We wound up at my place......

We stood in the middle of my bedroom kissing each other passionately....both breathing deeply...

I unzippered Monica's dress and slipped it off gently...

"You were curious about my bra and panty set....Now you can see it.." she whispered in between kisses..

"Yesssssss...Wow...I like these..."I said as I unhooked her bra and looked at it and she slid out of her panties....

"Oh hush up smarty.." she laughed.

I had already taken my shirt off and slid out of my trousers....


We kissed and fondled each other a little more and wound up on my bed...

I entered her softly and gently , she trembled a little bit as we began to slowly and softly rock back and forth....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate...Nate...you are just what the doctor ordered....ouuuuuuuuuuu." she moaned as we made passionate and sweet love....

Two hours passed by...My bed was squeaking and the headboard was slamming against the wall...

Monica was trembling...tears were flowing down her cheeks like a river, mixed with sweat....She was climaxing...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE YOU NATE...I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she screamed out as she began to climax violently almost...Tears just streaming down her face...mixed with sweat....

I was stunned.... Did she just say that??

"I-I-I LOVE YOU TOO BABY!!!...I LOVE YOU TOO......WOW!!!!..." was all I could mutter... as we continued to make sweet ,tender love...

Tears flowed down Monica's cheeks as she began to shake violently...I exploded like a gusher once again...

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate...you make me feel soooo gooood baby!"she moaned...holding me for dear life...

At long last we wound up in the shower together...Kissing and slobbering over each other as hot soapy water ran down our bodies...I entered her slowly and softly and held her in my arms as I softly and gently thrusted inside of her...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness.." she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Monica....my goodness...can you feel any better? damnnn!" I exclaimed..

We continued doing this until the water grew cold...but by then we were both climaxing....The experience seemed as though it was magnified 100 times for me...Monica later told me she had felt the same way..

I wrapped her up in one of my terry cloth robes and walked her into the bedroom, kissing her passionately until she broke our embrace...

"Let's stop before we wind up back in bed...We have to get back to work..." she said smiling..

She was right.

"What have you done to me girl? I was never like his before?" I asked...watching her dress..

''Me neither...I'm as by the book as you are...I just..I just feel so free with you." she said.

Finally, we both got dressed....I watched Monica doing her hair.... I had bought a straightening comb and all of the hair products she liked ,so that she could do her hair at my place....

"Wow we've been gone a long time partner...Over two hours" she said as she did her hair..

''Try three hours." I said..

"Three good hours" she said and rubbed my arms.

"You think people will know that we uh were missing this long and uh think things??" I asked foolishly.,while putting my arms around her and kissing her on the cheek...She smiled and rubbed my arms softly...

"Only if they are telepathic mutants like me and I think I'm the only one on the force." she joked..

"Mo...Did you uh mean what you uh said? I mean I know it was in the throngs of passion."I said.

"Yes..I meant it..." she said without hesitation. ..We kissed again for a few minutes....

"I meant what I said too..." I said...

"I know you did...Nate..I hear most of your thoughts..Some I wish you could keep to yourself...but I can feel your emotions...and you've been telling me you love me everyday without saying it..I know how you feel about me...and I feel the same way..." she said as we headed for my flying car...

"Wow..This is all so fast." I said.

"It scares me too...Wow!..."she said.

"We still partners?" I asked..

''Sure...We got a murder to solve..." she said.She took my hand in hers and began to rub it softly...

"That felt great....You out do yourself every time...Now relax..."she said and kissed me passionately...

"We got a murder to solve.." I said in between kisses...

"That's right." she said as she slowly slipped out of my embrace..

VI-


As we flew back to the precinct....I had never felt more alive, more electric in my life...This was truly a different experience for me...

We walked into the squad room...Nobody gave us a second look...Lieutenant Cotton walked over to us..


"You two are working this case hard...." he said.

That's not all we were working hard, I thought...
 
Monica, who read my mind just then busted out laughing...


Lt. Cotton smiled...


''See ,you two like each other and you obviously work together well and to think, you didn't want a partner Nellis.. See? " he said.

He had no idea just how much we liked each other...I thought...


"Yes sir.." I said..."We were interviewing people in his case files and checking the wife's financials.." I said hoping he didn't see through my story...We had done all of that earlier before lunch.


"Good..Good..Well while you were out...We got a hit on that woman in the photo you ran through facial...We checked the DMV...Her name is Mona Scott and this is her address.." he said.

"Thanks Lou.." said Monica nervously....

"Oh and that little pissant ex-partner of yours Nate,Wally Becker had the nerve to be looking in my lady's window last night...I caught him...Apparently my car was parked next to Monica's and the jackass put a tracking device on my damn car thinking it was you Monica....I read him the riot act...He's lucky I didn't write him up...He won't be bothering you anymore." he said.

"I saw him at lunch...He took my number out of his phone.." she said.

"I can imagine how heartbroken you are..." said Lieutenant Cotton with fake sarcasm...

We all busted out laughing...

(TO BE CONTINUED)





11 comments:

James Perkins said...

"Yes...some people can push something so far back in their sub-conscious that I can barely hear it...They don't even realize it.. You aren't one of them....Yes..I'm wearing a bra..and yes it matches my panties... Women are better at hiding their thoughts than men are.." she said and laughed..

I blushed... She cracked up laughing....

Now that was funny! A subtle reminder of Monica's mutant powers

Toni said...

Another good outing!

Angie B. said...

These two are such a hot couple!

Sunflower said...

I like the fact that none of the other ESCAPADES charactors intersect in their world...These people's stories are apart from them all..

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY DAMN PANTIES!

Lisa said...

I love these two...

Halo said...

Not only are they cute, but the background charactors are interesting and compelling as well..

Then there is the mystery!

Vanessa said...

The mystery is compelling...but it appears to be taking a back drop to Monica and Nate's love affair...Good Stuff!~

Cheryl said...

This is another one of your stories that I don't want to end..Am enjoying it so much!

Brenda said...

I'm loving this story!They may overtake Donnie Ray and Olivia as my favorite couple.

John From Cincinatti said...

I love this Blog..Just started reading...