Monday, January 12, 2015

Mister Talbert And The Future Mrs. Nellis

PHILADELPHIA , 2040

My partner, Detective Monica Talbert woke up first......I slowly began to stir....I woke up and looked into her beautiful brown doe eyes and saw her long hair hanging....I smiled brightly..
"Good Morning beautiful.."I said, yawning...

"Good Morning handsome.." she said and smiled...

We had been spending the night at my apartment three nights a week and at her apartment, halfway across town the other two nights...We gave each other two days off from each other...but then again..we called or texted each other...

On the weekends I picked up my son...We didn't see each other at all...Those seemed like the longest two days..I couldn't wait to see her at work...She told me that she felt the same way..

It wasn't just about sex...We found that we were interested in a lot of the same things and we could laugh and talk for hours upon hours....We liked playing Chess, Backgammon and Checkers...But when playing with someone who could read minds...it was damn near impossible to win.

She taught me to disguise my real thoughts by thinking of something else...which was usually how incredibly hot her body was..

Even during that time of the month when we couldn't have sex..I'd find myself dropping by her apartment with soup ..We'd talk, watch TV and just kick it...She told me that she loved those times the most...

Nyla ,my ex-wife had noticed the change in me.....

"Something different about you." she said.

"Oh really?"I replied, the last time I returned my son to her...

"You're seeing someone...You don't seem so thirsty....You don't stare at my breasts or my legs...You're gettin some new strange aint you?" she laughed...

I said nothing...

"Who is she? Some cop from your precinct?" she asked.."I don't care...I think you should move on..."she said.

"You obviously have." I said.

She smiled snidely.....

I shrugged...No one was supposed to know that Monica and I were sleeping together...and so far..No one at the precinct even suspected...

"It is isn't it??...Uh Huh...I know." she laughed...

"You don't know anything.." I had said. "Who are you seeing?" I asked..

"Nobody." she said...I knew that was a lie...

"Okay..Nobody special.." she said..

"That's more like it.." I said.

"Nate?" asked Monica as she sat up in the bed......

"Huh?" I said...

"I'm catching feelings..." she said.

"Who is he?" I joked...

"Oh shut up silly...it's you..." she said.

"We said we weren't going to do that right?" I said...Secretly happy that at least she said it first...

"I know...and I didn't want to...I have tried...And don't act like you aren't catching them too.." she said.

She was a telepathic mutant who could read minds and feel people's emotions when they were  close to her...and there was no way she couldn't know how I was feeling when we were making love..Something we had been doing a lot of since that first time right before New Years Eve..

"You're right...I am feeling them...So what does this mean?" I asked..

"I think this means that we should be exclusive....I'm not seeing anybody and I uh...kinda don't want you to uh see anybody else either.." she said.

I smiled brightly.....

''Happy now? "she said snidely..


"I haven't been seeing anybody and you would know if I did..." I said. "Can't hide anything from you." I replied..

"No you can't" she said and reached over and hugged me and kissed  my cheek...

"So...I'm MISTER TALBERT NOW, RIGHT?" I said..

She sighed...

''Yesssss...You're Mister Talbert." she sighed...

I kissed her in the lips...

"So...uhhh...Are we like a couple now?"she asked...

I put my arms around her....

I kissed her neck...She giggled....

"Yeahhhh kinda like that....See I told you ,You are the future Mrs. Nellis..." I joked..

"Okayyyy ,Mister Talbert..."she said and joked..as we kissed each other passionately...

I gently stroked her breasts...

"Why are you so intrigued with my boobs...?" she asked in between kisses...

"Because they are so prominent.."I joked...

"There's more to me than that." she said in between more kisses...

"Yes lawd...I know..." I said..

"Oh shut up...you are sooo nasty." she joked..

"So I think we should celebrate...You should uh reward Mr. Talbert.." I said.

"Ohhh , Alright...If I gotta..." she said with a sexy pout that turned into laughter as I rolled over on top of her...

I stared down into those gorgeous brown doe like eyes of hers and I entered her slowly and gently..I wanted to savor this experience, I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and began blowing softly into my ear....then she began kissing me, soft,short kisses...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind slowly....while continuing to stroke her masterfully....


"Ouuuuu Nate...Nate...ouuuuuu damn baby...you feel sooo good." she cooed.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh god Mo...Mo.......so do you...ummmmmmmmmmmph." I moaned.


We made sweet passionate and intense love for about an hour and a half... She felt as though she was climaxing several times....then in a huge wave....I climaxed furiously and hard....not yelling , but shaking mightily.....then taking a deep breath and collapsing on top of Monica....drenched in sweat....She looked up at me and gave me a juicy and wet kiss....

"We got to get up baby....Get our showers and get to work..." she said.

"Wow...You called me baby.." I joked..

She kissed me again...

"You are my baby....Now."she said


We each kept clothes in the others apartments...toiletries as well.....She had a seperate drawer in my apartment for her underwear and toiletries and I likewise had one in hers...Neither one of us entertained that much ,so it wasn't obvious...

We both showered and dressed and went our seperate ways... Arriving at the precinct at different times..

And no one was the wiser...

II-


Monica was already there when I got there....She passed me a steaming hot tumbler of coffee..

"Good Morning Partner..." she said with a beautiful smile...


"Mornin partner." I said and smiled...

Just then...Detective Walt ''Wally" Becker walked in...He was my ex-partner from Special Victims Unit...The one who was sleeping with my ex-wife...To say we had had a falling out was an understatement...I had tried to break his jaw...

We were both suspended for a week...

He apologized profusely...but I could never see myself as his partner ever again....I asked for and got a transfer to Homicide...

He stood by my desk...

"Uh Heyyy Nate..." he said.

"What is it Wally?" I said..

"I -uh...I uh was just stoppin by..." he said..

I couldn't read minds...but even I could tell he was lying...This guy didn't just stop by..He wanted something..

''What do you want?" I asked.

"Hey uh look..I uh need a favor." he said.

"You got some nerve askin me for a favor.." I said.

"Look that thing with Nyla..It wasn't nothin....It just kind of happened..Neither of us meant for that to happen..We were drinkin..I would have never...Man,I don't even talk to her no more.. In fact..I have been texting your partner..."

My eyes perked up...

"Monica?? Detective Talbert??" I said..

"Yeah..I'm kind of uh interested in her...She hasn't returned my texts or my calls...I was uh wondering if you could uh put a good word in for me ,ya know?" he said.

"A good word? From me, for you??" I said...I laughed..."You have got to be kidding..First you take my wife..Now you want my partner?? , Why don't I just lend you my toothbrush and my boxers?" I said..

"Awww come on Nate..Don't be like that...When are you gonna forgive me?" he asked..

"Try never...There she is over there...Talk for yourself." I said.

He walked over to Monica...He had flowers... This was going to be interesting...I thought and worth a good laugh..

"Uh, Hey Monica...Detective Talbert.." he said and passed her the flowers..."These are for you." he said.

"Thank you...but uh why don't you give them to someone else?" she said giving the flowers back to him..

"Awww come on...I've sent you like 20 texts and emails and you haven't responded to a one of them..."he said.

"So I take it either you can't take a hint or you're pretty stupid." she said.

"Heyyyy..I'm tryin to make a move here...I'm interested in you...I've been interested in you for awhile now. I was thinkin maybe we could uh go on a little lightweight date, some dinner..maybe a movie  and uh you know..work some things out from that point on.." he said,smiling..

"Well...I'm not interested in you....You slept with my partners ex-wife." she said.

He looked at me...

"Damn Nate...You told her that? Can't you let things go?  It's over.." he said.

"Ending someone's marriage is not something someone just lets go." said Monica..

"What are you the moral detective?" he asked...

She smiled....but didn't answer...

I never told her who had slept with my ex-wife..just that another detective in my old unit had slept with her...Her power to read minds and hear thoughts and feelings had pierced right through Walt..

"Uhh Apparently it's not...You're still sleeping with her...In fact, you slept with her just yesterday and you really just want to sleep with me, isn't that right?" she said...

He was stunned...His bottom lip began to shake...

"How-How-How-How-How-How in the hell did you know about me and Nyla yesterday???" he stuttered....

I didn't even know about that....Now I was really interested in their conversation...

"Nate...Nate..She's lying...I -I-I aint been with Nyla..." he said...He wondered ...How did she know?

She must live near by,Must have seen me leavin there early this morning...

In truth...Monica didn't live anywhere near Nyla...It was all in his thoughts...

"Take your flowers....and don't ever text or email me again you dog...I would NEVER date someone like you!!!....You're not to be trusted.." said Monica..

Several female uniformed officers who overheard the conversation smiled and high fived each other..

He looked at me....

"Nate ,I swear....I-I." he said....Stunned that he was found out...

"Man, get out of here.." I said.

''Awww come on Nate." he protested.

Just then Lieutenant Frankie Cotton Jr. walked in the office...
 "Wally, you don't have enough to do in Special Victims Unit?? Leave my detective alone...Besides, you two have a murder to investigate ,out in Penn Park." he said looking at Monica and me.

Wally stomped his foot in anger and disgust...He had been embarrassed thoroughly....He took his flowers and stormed out....

"Well don't go away mad...Just go away." laughed Lieutenant Cotton...He knew all about Wally and my ex-wife...A lot of detectives did and most of them looked down on Wally whether he knew it or not.


"We are on it boss." I said as we rolled out...

"Sorry you had to find out like that Nate..." she said as we got in my flying car...


"I'm good...I've suspected as much, though I couldn't prove it....Now I know..." I said and kissed her on the cheek..She tried to move away...but I pulled her to me and kissed her in the lips.....

"Natttttttttttttteee..Come on now...We are on the job...We can't be kissing.." she said blushing...in between another soft kiss...

"You're my girlfriend now...Can't a guy show his girl a little appreciation?" I asked...

She smiled and rubbed my hand softly....

"Yes Mister Talbert,I suppose you can." she joked.

"I knew I was going to be Mister Talbert." I joked..

We both laughed at the little private joke between us!

"Yes , you did say that." she giggled..

III-
We jetted out to Penn Park....

"Ouuu, this is beautiful...When it gets warmer...maybe we can have a picnic here..Just the two of us." I said.
"And risk being seen?" said Monica.
"Yeah...you're right." I said...

"Don't feel bad...There are plenty of places we can go where we won't be seen or known." said Monica ,softly rubbing my hand...

We arrived at the crime scene where several uniformed officers and the coroner already were...


I put on latex gloves and kneeled down and observed the body of a white male...about my age...He had been shot four times in the chest and once in the temple over his left eye....blood was everywhere...

"Well the cause of death is no mystery....He died from multiple gunshot wounds.." I said.

A uniformed officer passed Monica his wallet...

"His name is Haley Boggs...He works for Slipp Skip & Tripp Insurance...They've been around a long time...." said Monica..

"Yeah since the 20th Century...Look at the tight groupings here in his chest....who ever shot him, shot him from a good distance...and the killshot to the head...Precise... We are looking for someone who is a marksman...or a professional hitman.." I said.

"Professional hit Nate?   Look at how many shots.....This looks personal partner...I'm just saying.."said Monica..

I looked over the body....

"You could be right...a Pro could get the job done with one shot...Two at the most...but let's pursue both angles.." I said.

'Oh of course." said Monica.


" There's his cell phone in the grass..." I said.  My cyber eye had zeroed in on it....

Monica picked it up...She too was wearing latex gloves....She checked it...

"He was calling 911 for help at around 10:30 pm last night..." she said.


"Hmmm...so judging from the time...and the victim's body temp or lack of it..We can estimate that he was killed around  or after 10:30 pm last night.. Anybody see or hear anything ?" I asked an officer..

"We have a homeless man...He saw somebody in a tan jacket, tan jeffcap and black jeans and white sneakers running out of here around 10:45....but he didn't get a good look at the face...He didn't hear any shots either...Neither did the other people we interviewed..." said an officer..


"Which means our killer may have used a silencer.. Your professional hit theory is looking better and better partner." said Monica...

Something about the way she said that surprisingly got me aroused...I knew she could already sense it and I was kind of embarrassed...

She rubbed my hand and whispered in my ear....

"Really?  All I did was agree with you...and that turned you on? Relax..."

We both laughed...


"Okay...Release the body." I said...

IV-


Hours later...I was sitting in the squad room when my smartphone rang...It was Nyla..

What did she want?

"Hello?" I said.

"Nate...Who told you I was sleeping with Wally yesterday?" she asked..

"Were you?" I asked.

"Yes...so how did you know?"  she asked.

"Is it important?  You are still lying to me...and trying to get me to come over and you're still sleeping with him..."I said.

"If I cut it off with him...Will you come back to me?" she asked...

"Nope!" I said.

There was a pause...

"Damn that was fast...Whoever it is you are screwing has really got you twisted...Is it that good?" she asked snidely...

"Actually it is...." I said....

There was another pause....

"Well...Why did you go blabbing your business to your new partner...Still crying about our break up huh?" she asked.

"How do you know I told my new partner about you and Wally?" I asked.

"He said he came up to Homicide to apologize to you and make nice with you and your new partner reamed him out about sleeping with me..Like it's any of his business."she said.

I laughed...

"His business....My new partner is a female...He didn't tell you that did he? Of course not...He came up here with flowers trying to put the moves on her...He's been trying to put the moves on her for awhile now...and she told him she couldn't trust a man who slept with his partner's wife..."I said.

Another silent pause...

"Well how did she know we slept together...yesterday?" she asked..

"I don't know...I guess he let it slip...Look I gotta go..I got a murder to investigate."I said and hung up...

I knew somebody that wouldn't be getting any loving tonight!


Monica had just returned to the office...

"Nate..We got a problem.." she said.

"What problem?" I asked..

"Our Vic...I checked his financials..all of these credit cards and debit cards are phony...This bank doesn't exist and this drivers license is phony...His name is not Hayley Boggs....That's a phony name...and he doesn't work at Slipp,Skipp and Tripp Insurance"she said.

"What?  Well who is he?" I asked..

"That and who killed him is our mystery." she said.


(TO BE CONTINUED)




10 comments:

Toni said...

These two are sooo cute together,I love them!

Angie B. said...

These two are adorable...I think I'm really going to like this series.

Sunflower said...

Love this storyline...These guys are so cute!

Lisa said...

Loving this storyline...It's science fiction, but it's so different from any science fiction I've ever read.

Halo said...

These two are adorable...You've created another great series and great charactorization...

Vanessa said...

Set in the future...but could be going on right now!Love it...

Rita said...

I'm in the minority here...Even though I like the charactors and thought it was a good story...Monica's mind reading would be a serious pain in the ass after a while..Privacy of thought is the last refuge...I'm just saying.

Swaggie said...

I can't believe this...but I actually agree with Rita...

Cheryl said...

I like these two...I think they are cute..But their secret is going to get out...You can't hide things like that for two long..Plus they are constantly stealing kisses and making goo goo eyes at each other..People will see that and figure it out..

James Perkins said...

Great story...Becker is hillarious...More of him.