Friday, April 17, 2015

Everything Felt Right With The World

We all sat in the FBI surveilience room ,looking at a face on the monitor...It was the face of Carver Haskins..The same hooded figure seen at Tyriq, Jimmy and Carlotta's original murder scene and at Sirena and Hop's murder scene and running out of the M.E.'s office the day before...

"Looks like you guys have your first suspect" said Sharon..."It's surprisingly circumstantial..You don't actually have him doing anything...But him being at all of these scenes is more than a little of a co-incidence."said Deputy FBI SAC, Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins..

"I always thought you federalli's had such cool play things."remarked Detective Pete Driscoll...

"After yesterday's embarrassing fiasco..I'm surprised you're still talking to us."said Detective Duke Baylor.

"Ahhh,it wasn't your fault.." said Detective Driscoll.

"Yesterday wasn't a complete bust....I did pull DNA off of the saliva on this discarded cigarette...If you guys can catch this guy and we got a match..you got your man."said Hazel..

"Yeah Haze...but all we can charge him with, that we can prove is attempted arson.."said Jimmy...

"He was at my scene and at Sirena's scene...Like Sharon said, that has to be more than a co-incidence..."said Carlotta..
"Maybe...But we don't have his DNA or prints on the stolen cars...All we have is a punk who says he stole them for him...I'm sorry but his word alone...A three time loser isn't enough to convict this guy."said Tyriq...

"Wow, you guys sure know how to deflate a balloon don't you...This guy was in the system...Two assaults and one sexual assault..All dropped though...but he looks like our guy for now..He's all we got.."said Sissy.

"I hate to say it..but the case looks weak....right now...We need a connection to our victims." I said.

Just then our two newest detectives...Sirena Pile and Tony Hopkins walked in...

"I may have that connection you guys are looking for." said Sirena..

Sissy smiled like a proud mother...

"You do?" she said.

"Yeah,but I can't take credit....That goes to my partner here...Hop." she said...

"Well, it's like this...I was pretty much sure that our murder was not connected to yours Carlotta,So I started back tracking going through this guy,Phillander Bostic's history...He had no children of his own..but he had been married to a woman, Antoinette Haskins...for ten years...and she had a son..."said Hop.

"This is where it gets cute...That son? Carver Haskins...Who went to high school with your victim, Carlotta...Brian Thomas...They graduated the same year...and he also went to high school with your victim,Detective Driscoll, Shawn Bellamy..." said Sirena...

"Apparently Shawn Bellamy was quite popular with the boys.."said Hop..

"Yeah...I knew that...She and uh Brian Thomas...Your victim were pretty hot and heavy...They were uh friends with benefits as I stated...years ago..." said Detective Pete Driscoll..

"Well then you're going to love this...She was also ,according to three people we interviewed...Friends of Carvin Haskins....Sleeping with him also...Same arrangement....For her..but not for him...He was in love with her ,obsessed his friends say.....So you can imagine his shock and disappointment when he skipped track practice..Came home early and caught his step-father-OUR VICTIM, Phillander Bostic in bed with her ,going to town.... There was an argument, a knock down drag out argument in which Phillander beat Carvin Haskins up in front of her and buck naked...  Carvin Haskins called his mother who was at work and she came home and raised holy hell.....That was the end of Phillander and Antoinette's marriage..She put him out..As she should have, the nasty dog!"said Sirena..

Carlotta laughed...

"Okay Sirena...We get it...You are taking this personally." laughed Carlotta...

"I'm sorry...It's just that my dad cheated on my mom with one of my girlfriends...I uh was kind of having a moment. I know how Carvin must have felt."said Sirena..

Her husband Tyriq whispered in her ear...

"Why don't we uh go somewhere and uh pretend we are having an affair?" he said..

Sirena giggled..

"Oh hush up silly..." she said and hugged her husband.....

"You know I love you right?" said Tyriq...

"Since the day you first laid eyes on me...I know."she giggled..and kissed him softly...


"You just blew this case open..You two connected the dots...You provided motive...Haskins has held on to all this anger for years....Against the woman that betrayed him..a woman he was obsessed with, the guy she was cheating on him with and his step-father...His job record is sketchy..He lived with his mother and an aunt and he was never able to hold a job.....a couple of minor arrests...This is the guy."said Detective Driscoll.

"Sounds good to me." said Jimmy.


"Me too!" said a smiling Sissy....

"Only problem is...Where is he? He's not at the only two addresses we had for him...Both his mother and his aunt are dead." said Duke...


"I might be able to get that information for you....Chica..Sirena...Want to go and get a drink?" said Sissy smiling...

"A drink? NOW? " I asked...

Carlotta laughed...

"After all this time...you don't know what Boss Lady is talking about?" laughed Carlotta...


I smiled...

"Ohhhhhhh, Got'cha...Come on Detective Driscoll...you'll like this." I said.

II-

Detective Driscoll and I sat outside of  Minks..a very pricey and expensive establishment...Sissy,my wife Carlotta , Sharon and Sirena were inside...

The man they were waiting for was a player known only as Pink.. He had some kind of history with Sissy...He took one look at her and nearly lost his mind...


"Long time no see Pink..."said Sissy...

"Gotdamn Sissy...Can you get any finer? Lawd...I sure wish you had let me hit that back when I wanted to..." he said smiling..and ogling Sissy's sexy body..

"Couldn't do that Pink...Then we wouldn't have the uh relationship we have..."said Sissy, smiling..

"We don't have a relationship....Not the kind I want." he said.

"I'm married now Pink.."said Sissy...

"Yeah,I heard...When you gettin a divorce?" he asked..

"Stop ittttt!" laughed Sissy...

"I'm serious."said Pink...

"I know you are."laughed Sissy.


He looked around...Then he smiled..

"I'm glad people don't know you're a cop...Me talkin to you all out in the open like this wouldn't look good for me.."he said..

"I brought some friends....This is my girl Carlotta." said Sissy..

"Hola" said Carlotta..

"Ohhh lawddd!!" he exclaimed...looking at her lustfully...

"And this is Sharon and Sirena.."said Sissy..


He was practically drooling..

"Good Gawddd" he said ,sounding like James Brown..."They cops too?" he asked..

"Carlotta and Sirena are my detectives and Sharon is FBI..And before you ask...They're all happily married. " she said..

"Lawd have mercy....FBI? This is serious huh?" he asked...

"I'm searching for a killer Pink...White boy...hired a guy, a bust out to steal cars for him...might have bought a silencer...and a Glock off the black market...YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT PINK?" asked Sissy...

He smiled..and winked at Carlotta and Sharon..

"Sayyyy uh hypothetically speakin,I uh might know a guy who uh,er ruh did all that....He uh isn't too well off, He uh has no place to live..He uh squats in some developments...Homes that uh er ruh aren't finished yet..." he said.

"And you hypothetically didn't sell him the gun or silencer did you?" asked Sirena..

"Me? Not even hypothetically....I uh may have uh steered him in the uh direction he wanted to uh go in ..hypothetically speaking."said Pink..

"You got an address?" asked Carlotta..

"Yeah...I can do that...Uh Anything else I can do for you lovely ladies??" he asked,smiling salaciously at Sissy...

"Buy me and my girls some drinks...And Pink..Here is my card....This is your get out of jail free card...Anything below a felony...you can call me."said Sissy..

"Thanks Siss...You're all heart..Hey Bill...a round of drinks for my lady friends here.." he said..

"You got it Pink!" said Bill..


Sissy, Carlotta,Sirena and Sharon drank up....

"Thank youuuu Pink!" they all said in unison...

The love sick gangster just laughed...
"Nothin like a good C.I." said Sharon who high fived Sissy..
"That and a tight fitting red dress will get a girl far." laughed Sissy...
Detective Driscoll and I sat in a car a block away listening to the entire conversation...

"Man...you guys are something else...I don't know how you or Jimmy can concentrate with all these hot babes around..."he laughed...

"Well one is my wife...and Sissy,Sirena and Sharon are like my sisters...I don't think of them like that."I said.

He looked at me side eyed...

"Okay...not ALL the time!" I said and we both high fived each other and busted out laughing...

There was a knock on the window...It was the girls..


"We have an address..." said Carlotta...

"Great...We need to move fast...before this guy sets up somewhere else..."I said.

I looked at Detective Driscoll...

"Ready to go fishing?" I said.

"Oh yeah.." he said.

III-


So here we were ,back where we started...In front of the development where the first body was found...These homes were still under construction...Still not inhabited yet...It was a perfect place to hide out...Who would be looking for you here?


Hop was on the street...

Carlotta,Tyriq,Jimmy , Pete Driscoll and I were in an old beat up car with tinted windows a few blocks down....


Duke, Sirena and five plain clothes cops had found a house and had set up inside..along with Sissy and Sharon and three FBI agents.


It was 5:30 am...I desperately needed coffee...

And then...There he was!!! Carver Haskins...Same Black Hoodie....Jeans, White Nikes..He walked right past us...He had a tumbler of coffee and what looked like a hoagie wrapped up...He walked into one of the houses in the development...


Hop gave us the high sign...It was time to move...


With precision...Carlotta cocked her shotgun...

Detective Driscoll looked at her and smiled..

"You know how to handle that?" he asked ,smiling wryly as he cocked his glock..

"I can handle a lot." said Carlotta.
He smiled...."I'll just bet you can." he said.

Hop, Jimmy,Carlotta,Pete Driscoll and Tyriq headed towards the front of the building..


Hop knocked on the door.....

Tyriq yelled- "POLICE! COME ON OUT HASKINS..WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST!"

There was silence...Tyriq nodded..

Pete Driscoll and Jimmy kicked the door in and entered first...guns drawn as Carlotta,Hop and Tyriq followed..

There was the sound of rumpling and running...

Haskins ran out the back door....

Duke, Sirena, Sissy,Sharon...Plain Clothes cops and FBI agents surrounded him!!!!...He was no fool,he tossed his hands up...


 He tossed his hands up and allowed Duke to handcuff him and read him his rights...

Detective Driscoll walked over to him...

"Mr. Haskins...I've been wanting to meet you for a long time buddy....a longgg time." he said...He then looked at Sissy..
"Lieutenant !!! Is there anytime you're not ever bodaciously HOT??? My goodness ,even on a stakeout you're hot!  You and all of your girls..." he said.

Sissy cracked up laughing...but did not answer him..

IV-
Carlotta, Sirena and our guest, Detective Driscoll went into the fishbowl with Carver Haskins...He looked and smelled like he hadn't changed clothes in a month...Same black hoodie, same jeans,same white Nike sneakers...

"You're in a lot of trouble Mr. Haskins...We got you for three murders.."said Carlotta.

"You got a whole lot of nothing?" he spat arrogantly...

"Really dude?  Then why are we even here? Why did we roust you from your early morning meal?" said Detective Pete Driscoll...

"I don't know..You tell me?" said Carvin Haskins...

Sirena opened up a folder and tossed several glossies of him leaving two crime scenes...

"That's you...Couldn't dodge all of those cameras....And we have a witness who will testify that you hired him to steal two cars...one used in two murders and one you used a few days ago when you set the trash can on fire at the M.E's office to destroy evidence...and oh yeah..we got a photo of you and one of the cars high tailing it out of there too." she said.

"You may have destroyed the DNA on the socks...but we got your DNA off the cigarette..and since you're in the system...we got a match...That places you at the M.E.'s office as well as two murder scenes.."said Detective Driscoll..

Carlotta placed the gun and the silencer on the table....



"We got a ballistics match that ties this gun we found in your abode to three murders ,our two and one in Cherry Hill.....I think the jury will have heard enough by the time they see all of this." she said.

He knew he was caught....Dead to rights...He looked around the room, finally he just sighed....

"Hell....I've been goin through hell ever since I caught Shawn in bed with my step-father...It was bad enough she was screwing Brian and wasn't hiding it...but my step dad? You don't know how long I've carried this rage inside of me..Yeah I killed her...and I don't feel sorry for it...I should have never have gone to that high school reunion..Too many bad memories.....I saw her there and she was all married and snooty and tryin to act like none of that stuff mattered and I couldn't take it anymore...I stalked her...I followed her for a month and when the time was right...I lit her ass up...Then I killed Brian..I found out about him workin double shifts and he was next...I didn't feel really good until I lit my old man up...I'd been wanting to kill him for years and finally after I did..I felt so relieved...Everything felt right with the world." he said.


"Everything felt right with the world?" asked Detective Pete Driscoll incredulously...

"Yeah...My world anyway." he said...He looked at Carlotta...

"Detective?" he said.


Carlotta gave him a tablet and he wrote out a very detailed confession of all three murders....

Detective Driscoll stood up and walked out into the hallway...


"Well guys...I'm satisfied...as he said, Everything is right with the world...I closed my case and you guys put your two cases down...This was the most fun I've had in a long time..Hangin out with you guys and workin this case... James my boy...You got a good thing goin here...Hot wife..Hot Lieutenant and hot partners.."he said looking at Sissy,Carlotta,Sirena and Sharon..



Jimmy smiled..

"They're like my sisters Pete...I don't look at them like that." said Jimmy...

Detective Driscoll looked at me...



"He said the same thing yesterday....You guys are better men than me.....Or maybe you're not!" he said..

Duke and Tyriq busted out laughing...


Detective Driscoll watched as Carvin Haskins was marched out by two Police Officers and taken to central booking...

"Kind of feel sorry for the guy....Comes home and catches his old man in bed with his girl...Who was already cheating on him...He was right, he shouldn't have gone to his high school reunion...Nobody would have blamed him." he said.

"Yeah...and maybe three people might still be alive.."I said somberly...

"Well Look...I got one more night here...Why don't we all come out for drinks..You guys like Aqua Bar??I've been there.." he said.

"We love Aqua Bar"said Carlotta...


"Good ...First round is on me!" said Detective Driscoll...

"Pete, you're still my dude!" laughed Jimmy.

EPILOUGE-
Carvin Haskins was convicted of two counts of first degree murder under special circumstances and sentenced to die by lethal injection...He was tried in absentia in New Jersey and sentenced to life, no parole..

It was a couples night at Aqua Bar....

Eddie C. and Sissy sat at one table.
Carlotta and I at another...
Tyriq and Sirena at yet another table..

and Duke and Hazel, Sharon and Hop in a booth across from all of us..


It didn't take Detective Pete Driscoll anytime to find us all..

"Heyyyy guys..Thanks for coming...Where is my dude?" he asked..

"You mean Jimmy? Here he and Angie come now and they brought a surprise.."said Carlotta..

Jimmy and Angie walked in with another person...

"Pete ,I want you to meet a friend of mine...We were undercover together when she was Plain clothes..She just got promoted to Detective recently...This is Detective Megan Stewart, Narcotics.."he said.

"Pleased to meet you Pete...Jimmy has told me a lot about you." she said.

"None of it's true." he said and laughed..

We all laughed...

He looked at Jimmy and raised his beer..

"Still my dude Jimmy." he said.

"Always man." said Jimmy..

Carlotta whispered softly in my ear...

"You're still my dude too!.."

I kissed her on the cheek..

"Always babes.."I said.






2 comments:

Toni said...

GREAT STORY AS USUAL!

Angie B. said...

LOVED IT!