Monday, May 18, 2015

Man Walks Into a Pizzeria


"Chris...This place is beautiful." said my wife Sepia to my friend, Chris Thompson who was smiling sheepishly as we all sat in his new pizzeri that had just opened in he and his partner, Chess's new shopping center, which was a few blocks from their original one...

''Why thank you baby, coming from you, that's a huge compliment." said Chris..

His buddy Chess smiled....Despite the fact that the two of them owned Apartments, condos, two shopping centers and several other businesses..This was the first thing that Chris and one of his partners..had opened on his own...Chris's Pizza..

It was the grand opening...Me,Kevin Morris, my wife Sepia....My good friend, Attorney Robert Foxworth and his wife,Bonita..my wife's business partner in a lucrative real estate company were also in attendence...

Along with us was our friend, Eva Corona..who was holding our baby, Kimberly..
Eva worked for me...She had become my girl friday...relaying messages from me to my assistant,Harry Charles, and my second in command, Sheila Jackson and her husband, Sean Jackson...of Morris Communications....They were all present as was my friends, Clerow and his wife,Corrie and their two children...Owen Todd,Lockpick Johnson,Peeping Tom and Kool Kat and Chelsea....

"Congrats Chris...nice joint you got here.."said Kool Kat..

"Thanks Kools..Kev...Thank you guys for coming out.." said Chris Thompson..

Chess's wife Rell  was in attendence and she welcomed Donald Smooth, their other partner and his wife and kids into the Tony little Pizzaria and seated them...

My company's attorneys Conrad and Jill Nelson walked in next...along with Mabel Jenkins,her sisters,Victoria and Anita Jenkins and Attorney Chance Howard and Cole,Nicole Butler, Paris and Blake and Cherish...Pastor Struthers and his wife, Basil Robinson and his wife and Cock Robbins and his wife also walked in and sat down...

"Wow" said Chess...

"Yeah, this is the original crew right here...Remember how this neighborhood was when we all first moved here Kev?" asked Chris..

"Yeah and each of us improved it to some extent..Made it better....You guys with Apartments and Condos...My wife and Bonita with new homes and renovations and Clerow and Owen, the same..."I mused...

"Free Pizza for all of you guys." said Chris...

"You can't do that, yall will go broke on your first day.."came the crusty voice of Gus, the bartender and owner of Josies...Where we all hang out from time to time.."

"Gus baby..you came!" laughed Chris Thompson...

"I said I was... Congratulations Chris..you finally got gainful employment " joked Gus as we all busted out laughing...
Honey Brown and her husband B-Flat walked in next....

"Honey Beeee." said Chris Thompson , who hugged her...She squealed with laughter...

"Nice joint Chris...Nice..." said Honey Brown...

Chris and Chess sat with Sepia and I...

"So Kevin...We would like to run a sattelite feed in here so that we can get your 24 hour music video station on our flat screen curved television monitors and we also would like to run your radio station too.." said Chess..

"No problem...Meet with me tomorrow and we'll have some guys set you up  within a day.."I said.

Chris patted me on the back...

"My man...I knew we could count on you Kev." said Chris..Chess  and Donald Smooth smiled...

"Tell your wife to sit down Chess...I'll serve the rest of the pizza's.." I said.

"Yeah man..me too." said Clerow..

In time the rest of the people we knew..The musicians, The cops, the other lawyers would find this place...but it was nice that we were all here...Like Chris and Chess said, the original residents of this vastly improved neighborhood..

I loved my friends....

II-

So why on a beautiful early spring day like today when I surrounded by friends and good hot pizza would trouble come walking into the door...

A white man in a rumpled trenchcoat and a black fedora walked over to the table where I was sitting with my friends...

"Excuse me everyone...Are you Kevin? Kevin Morris? "he asked..

"Yes...and you are?" I asked..

"Marlow...Marlow Smith...Could I have a word with you in private please?" he asked..

"Okay."I said...

I got up and walked with him to an empty booth...Kool Kat,Clerow,Owen Todd,Donald Smooth,Chris Thompson and Chess all looked at me.. I smiled to let them know everything was okay..

We walked to an empty booth and sat down..

"You don't know me...but I know you....I have associates close to the streets...and they tell me you are the best person to do what I need done."he said.

"Sir..I'm a businessman...I own Morris Communications..."I said.

He smiled..

"How cautious are you...That's good... I also know you moonlight as a Private Investigator...and I need you in that capacity.."he said..

"Oh? To do what?" I asked.

He put a glossy photo on the table...The woman was young, shapely and very attractive..She was also Black, which made me wonder what connection to this old white man could she possibly have...

"That is my fiance...Ola Blue." he said...

"Your fiance?" I said with somewhat disbelief..

"I am afraid she's run off and I need you to find her for me..." he said.

"She's run off and you still want to marry her?" I asked..

"It's complicated between us.." he said.

"Yeah..I gathered.."I said..

"I just need you to find her so I can talk to her...I've heard that you're good at this type of thing.."he said.

I smiled..

"I don't know who you've talked to..but okay...I'll look her up..." I said.

He passed me a piece of paper..

"Her last three known addresses, her social security number and her car license plate number...That;'s all I have...oh and this." he said passing me another envelope..
It had 5G's in hundreds in it...

"Whoa...you really want this babe found."I said.

"Yes..and I would like this handled discreetly." he said..

"That goes without saying..."I said.

"Thank you...Here is my number...memorize it ,then destroy this paper...Call me at this number when you have something."he said and shook my hand...

"Okay Mr. Smith...I'll see what I can do.." I said.

"Thank you Mr. Morris." he said and got up and quietly left...

My wife Sepia walked over to me..

"Let me guess..A new case huh?" she asked.

"Yeah..He wants me to find his fiance.." I said.

"Ohhh, an easy one huh?" said Sepia..

"It would appear to be..." I said..

but nothing was ever easy with me..

III-

I don't know why...but everytime I got a new case and got a nice downpayment...Sepia and I wound up back at our house in our bedroom making sweet love...

It was like a ritual...

"OHHHHHHHHHHH Kevin...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned as I slipped her clothes off in the middle of our bedroom floor and began to kiss her with long,slow,sloppy kisses...

"You feel so good baby." I said in between kisses...

"Another case??" she asked in between kisses...My mouth had now made it's way to her breasts..

"Of course." I said.


We continued to kiss...We were now completely nude....I lifted her up and began to thrust into her mightily...
I slowly lifted her up on the dresser drawer and plowed into her something fierce...


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDDDD KEVIN...OUUUUUUUUU" she screamed as I plowed away.
We eventually wound up in the bed or rather on the bed making love with a wild abandon...This went on a good four to five hours...before we both finally climaxed and collapsed in a heap of sweat on top of each other...


"Ouuuu Kevin....that was sooo good...I think you're trying to put another baby in me." said Sepia...

"One is enough for right now.." I said smiling..

I rolled her over and began kissing her some more....and it wasn't long before our bed was squeaking again under our weight and our headboard was slamming against the wall of our bedroom..Once again..Sepia and I were making sweet love..

IV-
The next morning,I awoke to the smell of pancakes...

Sepia was downstairs with the baby in a stroller, cooking...

I walked downstairs in my bathrobe...I was yawning...

She passed me a large manilla envelope...

"This was in the door this morning..."she said.

As I waited for her to put the plates on the table ,I opened the envelope...It was obviously from Marlow Smith...

More photos of Ola Blue.. In a bra and Bikini panties in some hotel room...In Josies...
At Aqua Bar , At Stoleys and at Minks...all the local places..I wondered who took the photos...They were very good ..So good that I wondered why he didn't hire the photographer...I put them back in the folder and sealed it...

Sepia and I sat down and ate our breakfast and drank tumblers of coffee...


"You going to work today?" she asked..

"Actually...I am..Sean,Sheila and I have a couple of business meetings that I have to be at...and I told Chris and Chess that I'd personally get some guys over to their pizzeria."I said.

After we ate,I washed the dishes and cleaned up...I kissed the baby and Sepia..and helped her strap the baby into the car seat...I kissed her again ,passionately before she got in her car...

"Ummmmmm if we keep this up...We won't make it to work today..."she said after she eased out of my embrace...Relax lover...There's more from where that came from tonight."she said and smiled..

"I hope so." I said and waved as she and Kimberly drove off...
I was at work a lot more now of days..especially since the secret headquarters of Morris Investigations was located in the basement of the building that housed Morris Communications..

I attended the business meetings and then with Sean Jackson by my side ,went to the sub-basement headquarters of Morris Investigations...I called Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson, Owen Todd and Clerow and had them meet me there.

"Big Cheese..what's the big case?" said Lockpick Johnson...

I showed him the photos of Ola Blue..

"I've been hired to find her fellas.."I said.

Clerow ,Owen Todd ,Lockpick Johnson and Sean Jackson's eyes popped out of their heads...

"LAWDDDD!" they all said in unison...

"Eyes back in sockets, Tongues back in mouths guys...These photos don't mean anything until we find her."I said.

"Who is the client Kevin?" asked Peeping Tom.

"Some Guy named Smith...Marlow Smith..It's his fiance...He's afraid she's run off." I said.

Peeping Tom's face went blank...He got the look you get when you've seen a ghost...

"DID YOU SAY MARLOW SMITH?" he asked..

"Yeah...You know him?" I asked..

"Old white guy...Trench coat...Fedora..??"he asked..

"Yeah that's him..."I said.

''Sounds like you Tom."said Lockpick Johnson....

Clerow ,Owen and Sean busted out laughing..

"He was CIA....I knew him..."said Peeping Tom ignoring them....

''Wow..."I said.

"Did you ever ask yourself what an old white guy like him would be doing engaged to a hot young and Black chick like this?" asked Peeping Tom..

"The thought did cross my mind...but stranger things have happened.."I said..

"Yeah well it can't be good..."said Peeping Tom...."And one other thing Kevin...the man who called himself Marlow Smith is either lying about his name or I was bamboozled.."he said.

''Why is that?" I asked.

"Because Kevin...Marlow Smith is dead and he has been for 15 years!" he said.

(TO BE CONTINUED-)



4 comments:

Toni said...

Kevin's Back..Yayyy!

Swaggie said...

The man is back! Always love his stories!

Anonymous said...

Just throwing my panties!

Angie B. said...

What Kind of mess has Kevin gotten himself in now?