Friday, July 28, 2017

Guppy

A new day dawned on the city....If Bert Caulken thought that the investigation into the dead girl found in the oil drum in the basement of the property his family once owned was going away...It wasn't...It was all over the news...The girl's face...Her name, The story of the bitter rivalry between Him and Julio Garcia...The story of how he blackmailed him into leaving his girlfriend when Caulken learned that he had impregnated another girl and questions about Caulken's relationship to the girl and possible culpability...

He spent the morning at a press conference denying everything, saying he had no idea how that oil drum got there or how long after he left the property it had been put there..

His political opponents were laughing and having a field day with this..His numbers were dropping...He was threatening a lawsuit against the Philadelphia Police Department for planting un proven claims against him...

Meanwhile...At "Copland" we were all up early,looking at a Photo of the woman who tried to blackmail Captain Cantrell the night before into shutting down the investigation...

Sharon directed us to the photo of the woman on the monitor...

'' Her name is Samantha...Samantha Stevenson....She is an Attorney with a Super Pac...A Super Pac that has deep pockets...Bert Caulken is one of several candidates they are funnelling money too...and once I traced the money trail..We find  that a lot of it is from places like Russia, North Korea and Iran..." said Sharon...

"The FBI is now taking a closer look at her.." said Sharon...
Jimmy laughed...

''Caulken must be going nuts..."he said.

"Wait until they find out the money is gone..Back where it's supposed to be.."said Hop..


''And the emails are gone too!" said Sirena...

''They have no leverage..."said Sissy..
''And we've got nothing on Caulken...Nothing." said Carlotta.

"No Murder weapon...No Eye Witness...Nothing...We need a confession and that's not forthcoming."said Tyriq.

'We did this big investigation and we're rolling goose eggs...We are no closer today to putting a charge on Caulken than we were the day we found the body." said Duke.
"But we got her!! She's An Attorney...She doesn't have a sheet....This kind of thing could put her in jail and get her disbarred....She might be willing to trade information for immunity from prosecution." said Angie..
''Excellent point Ange..She can give us Caulken and Miller..Obstruction of justice, extortion...conspiracy...We may not get him for this murder...but we can at least put him in the cooler for that!  The wheels of justice sometimes turn slow...Sometimes we just have to take what we can get." I said.
''At any rate...Let's take her." said Sissy.

II-
A few hours later...Sissy, Sharon and I were sitting in a car ,directly across the street from the apartment complex Samantha Stevenson lived in...
"This is definitely the place..and that's her car over there.." said Sissy..

"Duke and Angie and three policemen went up to her apartment...She's not there.." I said.


Then Sharon's phone rang..It was her husband...

"It's Tony..." she said.

''Sirena and I spotted her....She's leaving a coffee shop and she's headed your way..." he said.

"Hop and I are following her...Call it Siss.."said Sirena..

''Stay on her...Chica, Rico, Jimmy take her at the door.." said Sissy...

"Roger that." said Jimmy...

''And herrres Sammmy!" said Tyriq..
Just as she walked toward her front door...She saw Carlotta standing there with handcuffs...

''Hello Jill or is it Samantha?" said Carlotta...

"Who are you? what is this?" said Samantha Incredulously...

"This is you getting busted.." said Tyriq...


"Couldn't have said it better myself.." said Jimmy...

''What?" she said..



Upon seeing Hop,Sirena, Angie, Duke and three police officers ,plus Sissy..

She smiled..

''Well I'll be damned.. Sissy Van Buren and the Magnificant Seven....Ed Cantrell is a fool after all....He made the biggest mistake of his career...

I walked over to her with my Iphone mini and played her the video and audio of her entire conversation with Ed Cantrell last night...

"OR YOU DID!!" I said.
Suddenly her smart alecky smile left her face completely....
''We got you for Obstruction of Justice, Extortion and Conspiracy...You're a lawyer, you know the deal...That means disbarment for you and at least 10-15 years in prison...We got you cold.."said Sissy..

"Hi, I'm with the FBI...we raided the Super Pac you work for this morning...We arrested 27 people...27 people who are going to explain to a grand jury how they are getting money from Russia, North Korea and Iran and using it to fund candidates...Oh and we erased all of Captain Cantrells emails and we closed down your dummy account and transferred that money back into the Policeman and Firemen's fund..So add federal charges to this too and you're looking at possibley another 10-15 years after you do your initial 10-15."said Sharon...

She began to cry and then she vomited...

"Ohhhhhhhhh watch my shoes baby!" said Duke..

"Can we work out something?" she asked..

Tyriq looked at Jimmy,Carlotta and Sirena..

"They don't usually deal in the street...They usually deal after spending time in the fishbowl..." he said.



Carlotta,Jimmy and Sirena agreed..

"You give me immunity from prosecution...No Jail time, No disbarrment..I'll give you both of them, Caulken and A.J. Miller..They put this together...The murder of that girl...I wasn't even born yet...But I heard Caulken tell Miller to make the case go away...he said it was a long time ago and he'd like to forget it..I'll testify to that!" she said..

Sissy looked at me..

''Well Keith,it's your call.."she said.
"She's a guppy and I want two big fish!" I said.. "Throw her back into the water...She gives us them, I won't prosecute her...I'll make the deal.." I said.

III-
And in the office of Attorney A.J. Miller.. An Angry Bert Caulken was furious..

"I DON'T BELEIVE IT!!! IT'S ALL OVER THE NEWS....CANTRELL WOULDN'T BEND!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND ,WHY ISN'T HIS WIFE THROWING HIM OUT?? WHY AREN'T THEY TALKING ABOUT HIM???" he screamed..

"I don't know...Something must have gone wrong!" said A.J. Miller.

"It sure did...Hello A.J. Always nice to see you ." I said.

"ADA Keith Wallace..To what do I owe the pleasure?" said A.J. Miller..

"The pleasure is all mine.."I said.. "You don't know how long I've waited for this day..."I said smiling..

"Bert Caulkin, A.J. Miller, you're both under arrest for Conspiracy, Extortion, Obstruction of Justice, among other things..."said Sissy..

''What? You're crazy Wallace.. I don't believe this...I'm going to jail?"  No..No..No..You got nothin.." said A.J. Miller.

"If we didn't have anything, we wouldn't be here." said Sirena..

'Noo.I don't believe this...I can't believe it" screamed A.J. Miller..
 ''Suck it up Cupcake..We got you cold." said Hop...

Sirena and Hop handcuffed A.J. Miller...


Carlotta and Duke handcuffed Bert Caulken...They read him his rights....




Tyriq,Sharon,Angie and Jimmy watched as they were walked out..

We never charged Culken with murder...but he began to spill his guts as he was walked out..

"I-I-I never meant to hurt Goldie...I was young and horny and I wanted some so bad...She had on a sexy romper...Her huge breasts were just sticking out...I begged her...I tried to kiss her and she kept rejecting me kept rejecting me...Then she told me she was pregnant...pregnant with his child..that rat bastard  Julio...I flew into a rage..I struck her with a hammer...I kept on striking her until she was dead...I couldn't believe I had killed her...I killed her in the parlor...My dad...My dad helped me roll her body up in the carpet and take her down to the basement where he and my uncle stuffed her in that oil drum and we put it in the back of the basement...and we made a vow never to talk about her or what we did again..Lord have mercy on me...I just forgot..I forgottttttttttttttt..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all these years....I forgottttttttttttt....And it was like she kept coming back, haubting me....haunting meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!"
He was having a complete breakdown in front of us all...

And with this confession..We had him for the murder of Golda Diaz...I didn't expect him to ever confess..I was going to lock him up for conspiracy, but now we had him for murder...This bust paid in spades..

Somewhere in the great beyond...Golda Diaz was smiling..

She was avenged at long last!!!
''We did read him his rights didn't we?" I said dryly..
Carlotta smiled..

"Yes Papi, we did!" she said..

EPILOUGE:

 Samantha Stevenson was not disbarred and no charges were brought up against her...She testified against the 27 members of The Super Pac she worked for...and they all got up to 25 years in federal prison...She testified against A.J. Miller, who was disbarred and sentenced  to five years in  state prison..That was a long time coming..Because he had no prior record...I expected him to be out in about two years...

She didn't have to testify against Bert Caulken..He was convicted of Obstruction of Justice, Extortion and Conspiracy and two counts of 2nd degree Murder..He was sentenced to 25 to life in Prison...

With her testifying done..Samantha was free to go...She had dodged a big bullet and I'm certain our little guppy knew it!

With the case closed...We all could relax...We decided to stay at Copland, the remainder of the weekend...


Duke and Hazel spent it in their room..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,oh my god Duke..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu" she screamed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hazel..."he moaned..

As did Tyriq and Sirena..


They were silent, but their bed was squeaking loudly...




The same with Sissy and Eddie C... And Sharon and Hop....They were loud and expressive and their beds were squeaking..



Angie and Jimmy were standing up on the rooftop...Making out like two teenagers..

.Making out like two teenagers..





"Ummmmmm Cupcake I love you.." said Jimmy..

"I love you too Jimmy." she moaned..
Carlotta was about to undress...

She looked at me..

''Well the other night you said you expected to cum in one hour...Let's see if I can get you so excited that you do.." she said...Smiling.
"What is the fun in that?" I said and we both laughed...

The end of one of our most bizzare cases!


11 comments:

Toni said...

GOT EM ALL!

Angie B. said...

GOT EM!

Sunflower said...

Nice Wrap up as usual!

Lisa said...

Keith you really know how to play em....They not only closed a 45 year old murder case....but they busted a criminal enterprise they didn't even know existed!

Halo said...

I'm glad they took down the bad guys and didn't ruin that young girl's life...She was clearly a pawn...Who they would have gladly sacrificed if need be...She did what was best for her..

Vanessa said...

I think they should have taken her down too..She blackmailed Cantrell like a pro...Though I know she didn't set it up...They used her as a pretty face to be their face...and they never would have gotten all of the evidence without her.

Brenda said...

Thus the title, Guppy....Samantha Stevenson....as guilty as she was in being complicit was just a Guppy...a small fish in the larger ocean...What god would it have done them to ruin her career and cme down on her hard with 30 years in prisom, while the larger evil was allowed to run free...Keith Wallace was smart..He allowed her to turn in evidence on the 27 people involved in the Super Pac, plus the slippery A.J. Miller and last but not least,Murderer Bert Caulken...Keith Wallace got all of the big fish, the major playas and a misguided young girl's career was salvaged...No jail time or disbarment! That's a win-win for everybody!

Cheryl said...

Still she should watch her back...A.J.Miller repped a lot of sleazy clients...He might be looking for payback.

Rita said...

I thought about that too Cheryl!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!