Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Comfort and Joy


Kool Kat and I stood outside of the church during Brenda Green's funeral...I was surprised at the large turn out she had...Considering , she wasn't the most well liked person in our neighborhood, yet she had a large family and they had friends and associates and so they filled Pastor Struthers church..Of the people I knew, only my  wife,Sepia, Sean Jackson, Sheila,  Robert Foxworth, Bonita , and Kool Kat  attended the funeral.

They were only there because they did like Willie Green...the husband.  To my surprise...he cried like a baby during the entire funeral...Deacons Larry Weatherford, Basil Robinson and the pastors wife had to take him to the basement to help him get himself together....

"Ah know a lot of people didn't like Brenda and she could come off rough...but she wasn't all bad, there was times when she could be ....well be ...half human." he cried and wailed.. I seriously wondered about that...I had never seen or heard her when she didn't have a smart remark or a cross word for someone, including him and after she pushed him out in the street ,butt naked just two days before...He is the last one that I would imagine being sad over her passing...But , I didn't live with her or sleep with her...What did I know?

Belinda Rhodes came down into the basement and held Willie in her arms...Those huge breasts of hers engulfed his head...For a split second, I imagined my head taking Willie's place in her bosom....I smiled at the wicked thought...






"Ohhhh Willie...now you hush up now....don't cry......She wasn't no good...she never appreciated what she had in you...as good a man as you is...ohhhhhh Willie..." she moaned as she rocked him back and forth...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Ohhhhhhh, Ahhh knowwwwwwwww...but I miss huhhhhhhhh sooooo much...I'm all alone ...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned..

"It's alright...It's alright sugar...if you need anything...and I mean anything.....you don't hesitate to pick up yo phone and call me..and I'll be right there..you hear?? If you need ANYTHING!" she said again...
My wife, Sepia, Bernadette,Bonita, Sheila, The Pastor's wife, Rita and even Kool Kat did double takes and gave her the serious side eye...She smiled sweetly at us and then said...

''Willie is my good friend...I'm just offering him some comfort."

Kool Kat smiled and whispered in my ear...

"Hmmmmph...I'll bet that comfort is more than just casual conversation."

I laughed so hard, I had to walk outside the church...Kool Kat followed me, which brings me to the beginning of this story...

"Look Man...when I heard that Fat Sam Collins got hit..I figured it was some street mess...He got a lot of enemies...Man, his enemies got enemies...So I asked around...I asked Fathead's people....Wasn't none of them...I asked the Diaz Brothers, same thing...and I even asked the gambler,Stephen Bristol...Nada..None of them had nothing to do with it...He wasn't that important...But now Willie Green's wife done got hit and the papers is saying that some kind of "Lipstick killer " is on the loose...so it makes me wonder Kev." said the big man.

"We've had the same train of thought big man....but yet this doesn't feel like some crazy serial killer you feel me? It feels like it's personal...close to home." I said.

''Well, Fat Sam was hittin on Willie's wife."said Kool Kat.

" YOU knew about it?" I asked incredulous.

"Aww hell Kev, everybody knew about it..." said Kool Kat.

"Willie was with Dollar Bill and Ralph Scallion all night that night." I said.

"Yeah I know...I was in Bottom of the C with Chelsea that night and I saw him." said Kool Kat.

"And when his wife got clipped...He was helping my wife change a flat tire...Him and Gus." I said.

"Okay, so it aint Willie...besides, he aint the killin type, he so easy going and I can't see him orderin a hit or payin for it." said Kool Kat...

"I know...but what if these two had some dealings with somebody else? " I asked.

"Man, take a number, Didn't nobody like Brenda Green....The size of this funeral surprises the hell out of me."said Kool Kat.

"Yeah ,I know...I was thinkin the same thing and we know that any number of people could have offed Fat Sam Collins...No, it's got to be someone who would benefit from both of them bein out of the way." I said.

"Only one it would be is Willie Green and we know it can't be him right?" asked Kool Kat...

"Yeah man.." I said.

II-





After the funeral, Sepia and I were in our bedroom....Sepia was undressing and preparing for bed...I was sitting looking out the window...It was a few minutes before midnight...The streets were quiet....I saw Belinda
Rhodes walking towards Willie Green's house..She appeared to be calling him on the phone...Then she rang the bell.. Willie came to the door in his pajamas...

"Belinda...what are you doing here this time of night?" he asked.

"Willie ,I was worried about you being all alone in this house now...I was just worried sick." she said.

"Aww...that was so kind of you...I'm gone be alright ...Thanks anyway." he said.

"Willie, I been knowin you for years and for years I've been trying to let you know how I've been feelin about you...I feel as though I might as well let it all out now..." she said.

"Gurl, what you talkin bout?" said Willie...

"Willie, I want to comfort you..." she said.

"Well uh...You did that at the church..." said Willie..

"Willie, stop playing....You know what I mean...I want to comfort all of you...every inch that needs comfortin...I know you need more than just a kind word." she said...

"Well....Well uhhhh, ahhhh....Lawd Jesus girl...woooooo..Look at them things....What you doin out here this time of night with no bra on gurl?? Close yo coat up.." said Willie...

"No Willie...I want you to feel them...I've seen how you've looked at them , at me over the years...Now is your chance to feel them and more." she said as she rubbed his hands up against them....

"Gurl look, we shouldn't oughta be carrying on like this out here in the street...people will talk." he said.

"I don't care...Willie, please...don't make me beg...take me,....take all of me." she said.

Willie looked around...I ducked down....I didn't want them to know that I was looking out the window...

"Well ahhh...Uhhh.I could use some of that uh comfortin.." said Willie...

"Well let me come inside, you can have all of the comfortin you want Willie..." said Belinda...

"Ohhhh Lawddddd..." said Willie..

Belinda looked at his pajamas which was now standing out like a stiff log...She smiled.....

"Ummmmmph, I knew you wanted me as much as I've wanted you...." she said, marveling at Willie...
 "Ouuu Willie...Look at YOU...My,My,MY...you is certainly blessed down there...my goodness." said Belinda, just shaking her head and smiling.

Willie seemed embarrassed and tried to back away from the door...Belinda pulled him to her and they embraced in a long sloppy wet kiss....

"Honey you've got NOTHIN, to be shy or embarrassed about, ouuuuuu, my goodness, Brenda didn't know what she had, I sho wouldn't have been pushin you out in the street naked ,with all you got going for you...my,my,my....whoooooo.." exclaimed Brenda, still looking at Willie's now massive erection, which he was trying unsucessfully to hide in his sheer silk pajamas.

"Belinda please...stop , stop talkin like that..." said Willie...

"Willie, please...stop pretending that you don't want me....I know you do...your body is telling me that you do..and I certainly want you...alllllll of you." sighed Belinda....

"Ohhhh Lawdddddd.." said Willie..as he pulled her inside and closed the door...By now my wife Sepia was looking out the window and had seen and heard enough..

"I knew it..I knew she had the hots for Willie...Bernadette told me and Bonita that Belinda Rhodes was just being a good Christian...Hah, Aint nothin Christian gone be goin on in that bedroom or where-ever tonight." said Sepia.

"Oh listen at you." I said...

"Listen at them..." said Sepia.

Just then we heard from across the street...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWDDDDDDDD..."


"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmphhhh, Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu....rock me daddy, rock me...rock mama gooooooooood..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."


"OHHHHHHHHHH , OHHHHHHHHHH...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."


"Ohhhhhhh Willie, I love you so muchhhhhhhhhhhh...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."



"My Goodness...I didn't care for Brenda Green ,I'll admit...but at least they could have waited until her body was cold in the ground." said my wife Sepia...

I just laughed..I was no closer to figuring out who the "Lipstick Killer " was...but at least I was being entertained in the meanwhile.

(To Be Continued...)

19 comments:

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Looks like old boy sure got over his
"grief" real quick-lol!

Lisa said...

Dayyyummmm they couldn't wait could they? The night of the funeral!!!!
LOL! Good one Keith!

Vanessa said...

I'm with Sepia...They could have at least waited awhile before they got together...They make it obvious that this is what they wanted to do all along...or at least sister girl wanted to do this!

Halo said...

Wow, Belinda is kind of scandalous! This backstory is really starting to heat up...I almost don't care who the lipstick killer is..lol.

Toni said...

Belinda knew what she wanted and it doesn't look like she wasted any time in getting him...But the night after the funeral ????Damn! LOL!

angie B. said...

This is off the chain...She goes right up to dude's house right after the burial....Now that's bold!

James Perkins said...

That poor guy doesn't know what hit him,LMBAO....

Brenda said...

Wellll! I guess I should have expected that, the way Belinda was so Johnny on the spot when brother man got kicked out of the house nekkid the other day! LOLOLOLOL!

Cheryl said...

This was so good...I almost wanted to cry the way Belinda was just offering herself to Willie...Apparently, She's always loved him...Can't wait til the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my panties at you! This was hottt!

Sunflower said...

I must say ,this story is not only intriguing, but you have cut down considerably on the violence...I like the fact that Kevin is using deductive reasoning in figuring this out....

The romantic back story is very good..The romance between his main suspect and the neighbor..I'm waiting to see if this plays out with the main story.

Yvonne Anderson said...

Wow...I didn't see that coming! I think it says a lot that Belinda is always right there...I've got my ideas, but I'm going to keep reading and keep them to myself.

DBH said...

Keith, how do you think up this stuff..This is good..It's kind of different from all of your other Kevin stories...

Sean said...

Love this title...It sure fits-LOL!

Tate 2 said...

Should I toss my boxers?? Mannn this story has certainly gotten my attention...Wow!

Jazzy said...

What a nice way to get over your "grief" LOLOLOL...You are crazy fam!

Samuel Bastion said...

Comfort And Joy was an appropriate title....LOL

Captain Jack said...

That Willie Green is a mess!LOL!

Swaggie said...

Man...This is good...Better than I thought it was going to be...You never let me down homie!