Tuesday, June 7, 2011

His Alibi



Within an hour after the murder of Fat Sam Collins, I did what I knew Homicide Detectives would be doing next...I found the guy who operates the security cameras in the parking lot..."Jumpy" McClean and asked if I could take a look at the video...If Fat Sam Collins was killed in that parking lot...The video cameras would have picked up everything...Or so I thought!

We rolled the video back and forth and here is what I got...Sometime around 12:30 AM Fat Sam wandered out into the lot...He appeared to get a phone call....Then he put his phone in his pocket and walked out to the street....All the camera got was the back of him.....He appeared to be looking down into a car....when he took two bullets to the head....He should have been dead before he hit the ground!   I can't even make out what kind of car it was...And then the question is....How did his body wind up in the parking lot?? He was shot on the street!!!!  I had nothing....

The next day, after church...I went to Willie Green's house...The police had already talked to him I know and his wife, Brenda  wasn't in the best of moods...

"Look Mister so called private eye, why don't you go and mind your own business...we don't have to talk to you...We done talked to the cops already." she spat..

"Shut up Brenda...and I mean it..." said Willie as he walked into their living room.

"Ouuu daddy ,I love it when you TALK all assertive like that...It makes me moist....I just might give you some." she laughed....

Willie looked at her as though he wanted to kill her, but he did nothing...I felt sorry for him..married to such a harpy.

"I know what you want to know Kev....Yeah, I knew that Fat Sam was trying to make time with my wife..She enjoys telling me who trys to hit on her...but I didn't do nothin to him." he said.

"Damn right he didn't...you too scared to do somethin to him...thas how I know Willie didn't kill him." she spat.

"Oh really...well how about you? I saw his hand up your dress last night." I spat, surprised at my sudden anger and sorry that I'd said that in front of Willie.

"Yeah, you did...and I removed his hand...He was just drunk, talkin that same ole ,same ole he always talk...I didn't want that broke ass , bad breath smellin bum anyway." she said.

Willie was in a rage...I could clearly see how he might have killed Fat Sam Collins...I wouldn't have blamed him.

"Kev, Last night...I was at" Bottom of The C" workin....I worked until midnight and then me, Ralph Scallion and Dollar Bill poured ourselves some drinks and we sat and shot the breeze until at least three in the morning..you can go ask em yourself." he said.

"I believe you Willie...." I said.

"And you saw me...I was still in Josies when you and your people left." added Brenda.

"Brenda?" I asked.

"Yeah?" she snapped.

"Why did you push your husband out into the street naked yesterday?" I found myself askin...

"I was just playin with him...I told him that the cops was at the door for him and when he got to the door, I snatched the towel and pushed him outside....that was funny as hell...hahahahahahahaha.."she laughed maniacally.

I looked at Willie....He shook his head and shrugged and I shook my head and just left.





"Yeah Kev...He worked until midnight and me , Ralph and him opened up a bottle and we drank it and talked until early in the morning." said Dollar Bill..I had decided to check with them anyway and had driven to the "Bottom of the C" establishment.

"Yeah Kev...Willie was here all night and never left once." said Ralph Scallion....

That cleared Willie Green...So who killed Fat Sam Collins?? Maybe it was a mob hit...He was involved with the drug boys from time to time.....

I was about to get in my car to drive home when my Blackberry went off....It was Sepia....

"Kev...I'm with Bonita , I'll be home in a few hours okay?" she said.

"Cool...I'll see you at home." I said.

II-

I was driving home ,when I saw police cars all around my neighborhood....and Homicide Detectives ...I got out of my car and made my way through the crowd...and to my horror....Brenda Green was laying on the sidewalk at the corner of the block ,very, very dead with two slugs in her head and a pool of blood running down the pavement and out into the street...on her blouse was purplish red lipstick with writing that said-

"BITCH"



It was the same type of writing that was on Fat Sam Collins...Now I knew that the killer of both of them was the same person.....Once again...I had to know where Willie Green was when this happened....I drove to Josies....I saw Gus outside sweeping up....

"Hey Gus.." I said as I got out of my car...

"Hey kid..." he answered..

"You seen Willie Green?" I asked.

"Yeah...The cops just came by here and picked him up." said Gus.

"They did?" I asked.

"Yeah...somebody clipped his wife." said Gus.

"I know...that's why I was lookin for him." I said.

"Well Kid...He's got an airtight alibi if you're thinkin what I think you're thinking." said Gus.

''You a mind reader now?"I said to Gus.

"Yeah kid...and Willie didn't kill his wife.." said Gus.

"Oh no...and you know this why?" I said.

"Because your wife is his alibi." said Gus.

"My wife??" I asked.

"Yeah...She had a flat tire...Me and Willie changed the tire for her...Ask Bonita...She was there with us." said Gus.

Wow....Two people dead....a loveless harpy of a wife and a guy who was trying to make time with his wife and the main person who should be a prime suspect has two airtight alibis...Something was amiss here, but I was stumped..I didn't have a clue.





(To Be Continued...)

5 comments:

Toni said...

This is something...I aint even got a clue who's behind this..

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Maybe Brenda and Fat Sam was double dealin some drug boys....This looks good..

Swaggie said...

Is a new Playa in town? That's what this looks like to me...

Vanessa said...

This looks good Keith,I'm clueless as to who is doing this...Willie sure is whipped or hen pecked or somethin.

Brenda said...

Looks like another good one Keith!