Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Contract With God


"The Doors of the Church are open...Is there one? Is there one? " said Deacon Larry Weatherford as the organ began to play louder and more intense....I was sitting there sweating bullets..and not intending to move...Then Reverend Struthers stood up and stretched his hand out-

"I don't know...Maybe you're not worried about where you spend eternity....Maybe you figure you'll come back next week and do this.....Listen to me...I know that one of you...maybe two or three of you ,might not be back here next week or ever....Your time will be up....Might be up by the end of this day...It aint promised to you...Won't you come? Won't you give your life to the one who offers you eternal life...Our Lord and Savior ,Jesus Christ!!! "

That got me to thinkin...Maybe I should go up there...Just for insurance sake...I was a man with a bullseye on my back.....Then Deacon Weatherford said-

"Why go someplace where you aint invited? Aint nobody invited you to Hell.....But you have been invited to spend eternity with the Heavenly Father..won't you come? Won't you come?"he said....

That's when I stood up....My fiance, Jennifer stood up too...She was crying.....

"Oh Basil...Go on honey, Go on...do what you feel? You need me to walk with you?" she said.

That's why I love Jennifer....She's been my ride or die ever since I met her.....She saved my life and she gave me a reason to want to stay alive....I'll get to that later....I stood up and people began clapping and cheering and I took one step...then two...and then finally, I walked down the aisle where another Deacon shook my hand and hugged me and yet another one slapped me on the back....

Pastor Struthers smiled and said-

"Satan just lost another one....We got another soul...Another warrior for Christ."

This was met with fervent applause and handclaps.....I was whisked downstairs where I was assigned a "Spiritual Counselor" who would meet with me twice a week and go over the Bible with me and get me prepared for Baptism and church membership....

"Uh brother...we've had some problems with our Baptismal pool and it is being repaired, So on fourth Sunday, We will all be having a dual Baptism with Shiloh Sanctified Baptist Church around the corner." Said Pastor Struthers..

"Oh, that's uh cool with me...as long as I get it done." I said.

Four weeks? I might not be alive in four weeks...If I was to die...At least I made some steps ...steps that would land me in the right place.... I deserve some Heaven after the Hell I made my life...

First off, My name is Basil Robinson....I used to be a drug dealer...A big time dealer....It started when I was working as a porter on a train...I used to work on the Acela train in between New York City, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. I sold Cigarettes and Cold Water and Sandwiches
on the train...I was making pretty good money....A guy...a guy from New York named Brad Richardson saw me...Took a liking to me and interested me in a "Big money scheme " he said could bring us both a lot of dough...

He gave me a "package" This package had a high grain of Cocaine in it....He gave me the name of contacts in Philadelphia, where I'm from, D.C. and New York who were interested in buying the "package"....The arrangement was for me to meet them, make the sale and meet him where he told me to meet him...Not too much risk. I did as I was told and pretty soon I was taking home my pay and a little extra dough.

I was industrious...I soon started talking to folk in Philly...My own folks. I got Mr. Richardson more customers and soon I was bringing in more dough...I met a few people in D.C. on my own and expanded his and my end even more....After about a year of doing this...He told me to come to New York...

"I wanna introduce you to an important man." he says...That important man was his boss. A man known as ''Geechie Dan"of Brooklyn. He took me to meet Geechie Dan...Told him what a good and enterprising little hustler I was and Geechie Dan soon told me...

"You've been doin good...Put yourself together a team of your own....They'll work for you...I'll give you my good dope..They'll move it and I'll give you points on the packages....If you do good , you won't even have to work on those damn trains anymore." He said.

He was right...In a year, I made so much money, that I quit working on the train...I bought myself a fly new car, A condo in downtown Philly and had a small street team that did my collecting for me and supervised the cats on the street moving my stuff...I even had a crooked guard at the prison moving stuff for me....

I was living large for awhile....I wasn't around the stuff or any weapons...and like the legendary Chris Thompson...a high school friend of mines...I kept a low profile and kept quiet...Police didn't then and still don't know that I even existed...And I sat back and raked in the dough...I had women, I went on vacations to Vegas, Miami, Los Angelas, The Caymen Islands...the works...and never had a problem...

Then ....I had a problem....A cat named Freddie who worked for me was stealing...Not stealing lightly, but a lot...He was a big coke head....I had some guys rough him up and I fired him...but it wasn't enough...Geechie Dan and Mr. Richardson wanted me to make an example out of him..Kill him! I wasn't no killer...I didn't sign up for that and the thought of having to do that made me sick on my stomach...Plus I knew the guy... They told me to hire someone to do the job and not to think about it....I couldn't do it....So I told Freddie to get out of town.

Freddie did what I told him...but he went to New York!!! Wrong place...There, a hitman named Jack Daniels killed him....I felt awful about this...I decided then that I just didn't have what it took to be in this kind of business...So, I sold all of my connects...Just like my boy Chris did and I
moved back to West Philly and got my old job back on the train...I was out the game!

Not that easy....Geechie Dan said that there is no way out..."You're in this game for life...only way out is death!" He and Richardson put Jack Daniels on me....Only Jack Daniels got himself killed
here in Philly in some unrelated mess.

They hired home grown hitters, Elephant Jones and Gorilla Lewis to take me out...I hid out in Newark with my cousin. Strange thing...Elephant Jones and Gorilla Lewis have vanished off the face of the Earth! Nobody knows what happened to them...I mentioned them to my friends, Kevin Morris, Kool Kat and Clerow and they all looked at each other and laughed...They assured me that I wouldn't have to worry about those two ever again.

Then Geechie sent a cat named Spade down here to Philly to look for Elephant Jones and Gorilla
Lewis. He came down here with the hitmen, Johnny Boy Peters and Elephant Jone's equally lethal brother ,Tornado Jones...They wound up gettin theyselves killed by a hitman out of Patterson named Tom Collins, who just got himself shot to death last week.

I aint had nothing to do with none of that....Pastor says that when God is for you, No weapon formed against you will prosper...I sure hope so....Everybody Geechie done sent after me, done had an unfortunate accident...But I'm not stupid...The law of averages says that nobody lives forever and everybody's luck runs out.....Sooner or later somebody is going to get lucky and get me...I want to get married, I done got out the game...I want to be an honest man....Trouble is...I
might not live long enough to do either...Geechie still has a contract on me.

"You look worried son." said Pastor Struthers.

"Pastor...I aint been a good man...I might be in a little trouble." I said.

"With the law?"he asked.

"Nah, I wish...In the streets." I said.

"Relax....Everybody done something.Lord knows I have...My problem was women....But son, once you give your life to the Lord, you'd be surprised how things work out..He aint bring you this far to let you go." said Pastor Struthers.

"I hope you're right." I said.

"Sure I am son....You protected...You got a Contract with God now." he said.

Interesting!


(To Be Continued.......)

6 comments:

Swaggie said...

Damn, this looks good bruh!

Tate2 said...

This is tight fam, can't wait to see how this goes.

Jazzy said...

Interesting concept fam!

Anonymous said...

I'm liking this one. Very interesting

Sunflower said...

Great!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Man, you never cease to amaze bruh!