Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deep Sea Fish Tale


"Ellis...This is Mary..I need you over here now." said Mary.

"Oh you need to see me now, huh?" said Ellis.

"Yes...I'm horny....Your brother just can't do it...He's in and out and done so quick I can't believe it....At least you're good for getting me off." she said.

"Listen to yourself...You're just with him for his financial potential...and you just use me for stud service...you got no shame girl." said Ellis.

"None at all...you comin over or not?" said Mary.

"No I aint...Meet me on the boat...His boat...He won't be there.." said Ellis.

"Okay..I'll be there in an hour." she said and hung up.

Sean, Clerow ,Peeping Tom and I had picked this conversation up off of her Blackberry. We were using the triggerfish device. A brilliant machine that could pull conversations off of Cell Phones, Blackberries, Androids and the like.
It could also pull text mesages off of phones too. It was of many spy devices Peeping Tom still (illegally) had in his possession from his days as a CIA agent.

We picked up this conversation from Ellis's phone to his brother, just minutes later-

"What are you sayin Ellis?" said Brian.

"I'm sayin that your girl is planning to meet me on your boat..and not to look at the ocean...She's playin both of us...If you don't believe me..at least humor me and show up...If I'm lyin..You aint lost nothin but time." said Ellis.

"My time is valuable." said Brian.

"Who's aint? Just get down to the boat...she'll be there." he said.

"Alright...don't be jerkin me around." said Brian.

The day before, I had nearly forgotten all about Big Brian Carson , Mary Salinas and Ellis Carson, when I happened to see Ellis in the new sportings good store in Chess and Chris's new shopping center.

"Ellis?? Ellis Carson huh?" I said as I extended my hand to shake his. He hesitated at first , then he shook my hand.

"Oh...From the boat the other week ago huh, yes...You're uh..Kevin right?" he said.

" Yeah..Yeah..Fancy seeing you here?" I said.

"I'm going on a short cruise with my brother tomorrow." he said.

I was surprised....When his brother had offered us all a return cruise on his boat..I never got the idea that he was including Ellis.

"You guys are going so soon?" I asked.

"Yeah..We are gonna do a little fishing...That is one thing that we both love and have in common." he said.

"Oh yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah." he said.

"Well Where is your fishing gear?" I asked. I noticed that all he was buying was skin diving gear, wet suits , and flares...I found it curious that a guy going fishing was buying this kind of gear.
He must have suspected that that was indeed what I thought because he said next-

"We are doing some deep sea fishing.."

''Deep sea fishing?" I asked.

''Yeah..yeah..my old man taught us ...we been doing this together forever." he laughed as he paid for his gear.

"Well Kevin..It was nice seeing you again....I'll tell my brother I saw you." he said as he paid for his gear and left. Me? I was buying a baseball cap and an Eagles jersey... I made my purchase and got in my car and pulled off.. I thought nothing of our encounter.

II-

Later on today, I saw Cock Robbins washing his car in front of his house..I stopped my car and waved...He was on his Blackberry, he looked a bit worried.

"Heyy Cock..What's up? " I asked.

"I'm trying to get in contact with Brian...We got practice tomorrow." he said.

'Tomorrow? Tomorrow is Saturday." I said.

"Yeah...We got practice tomorrow morning...We got a game Sunday." he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm sure." said Cock.

"I saw his brother Ellis yesterday and he said that they were goin out on the boat..Goin to Maryland to go Deep Sea Fishing." I said.

''What? DEEP SEA FISHING? Brian can't even swim, let alone go skin divin..." said Cock.

"I'm certain that Ellis said that they were going deep sea fishing together." I said.

"Him and Ellis? Let me tell you somethin Kevin...They hate each other..They were just bein civil that night on the boat about a month ago... Brian even suspects that Ellis might have tried to put the moves on his girl....Even she don't like Ellis....Nah...Them too wasn't going on that boat nowhere, you can believe that...And their old man died when they were six....I don't know what Ellis told you..but he sold you a bill of goods." said Cock Robbins.

I suspected as much.

"Come on Cock, let's go to that Marina" I said. Cock Robbins got in my car and we drove to Penn's Landing....To nobody's surprise...The Boat was gone!!! Ellis and Brian had apparently gone somewhere.

''Let's Stop by Mary's house and see if she knows something." I said.

"Good Idea Kev" said Cock.

We drove to Mary Salinas house. We didn't get any response when we knocked on the door. We called her cell phone and it went straight to voicemail. Odd! I asked her neighbors if they'd seen her.

"She drove off about two hours ago...she didn't say where she was going, but she seemed in a hurry"said one woman.

Cock was totally confused...He had no idea that Mary was dealing from both sides of the decks...I didn't have time to fill him in either. We drove to Brian's house. The guy who lived next door to him told us that Brian had gotten a call that had upset him a few hours ago and that he had jumped in his car and tore out of his house. The neighbor said that he didn't know what he was upset about.
There was no sign of Brian's car! All calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail...Mary was missing, the boat was missing and so was Ellis...All of a sudden, something looked very,very wrong and very very disturbing.

We waited a day to see if either of them or the boat would show up...but there was no sign of either of them! The next day, Sunday came and Brian did not show up.. Cock Robbin's team played just well enough to win, 16-14...Had Brian of played, the score would have been much higher.

Once again...Sepia and I drove over to Mary's house. Her neighbors hadn't seen her...Her Mother and Father, Older sister, younger sister and older brother had not heard from her either. I told them to call the police and file a missing persons report. It had been two days since these two had been seen.

I called Clerow and Sean Jackson , who were at Penn's Landing... Nothing...No sign of the boat or Ellis , Brian or Mary! I told them to go on home...There was nothing more we could do.... That night...Cock Robbins sat on my step drinking a bottled water..

"Kevin...This looks screwy man....I mean...Ellis told you a bold faced lie..." he said.

"Not to mention...We were monitoring phone calls....Mary called Ellis and they made a date to meet on Brian's Boat." I said.

"Meet on Brian's Boat??? For what??" asked Cock Robbins.

"Cock...They've been having an affair behind Brian's back...I don't know how long...but I caught them at it...a month ago on the boat when I went back to get Sepia's purse." I said.

"Whatttttttttt? You don't say?" said Cock.

"I do say and not only that...Ellis called his brother and told him that she was planning to meet him for sex on his boat and for him to come down to the boat and see it for himself." I said.

"Oh my God." said Cock.

"That's why Brian got in his car ,upset and tore outta his place...."I said.

"Mary thought she was going to have sex, so she tore outta her place huh?" said Cock.

"Yeah...somethin like that...Sean and I caught him nosing around the boat a few days ago while Mary and Brian were having sex...He had a gun...I think he was settin one or both of em up for something." I said.

"Then we gotta find Ellis before it's too late." said Cock.

"It may already be too late." I said.

(Definitely To be Continued....)

No comments: