Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer



I sat outside of her condo and snapped photos...Photos I hoped I would never have to use...but photos I could use just the same...Photos of Ray Kind and her, arm and arm...going inside of her condo...and hours later, Ray Kind...leaving her condo....

Laura...Laura Como...who I once loved....A Federal Judge....consorting with Ray Kind...the mastermind of several jewelry store heists...one which resulted in three people's deaths....A man who had jumped bail once before and was captured after an extensive FBI manhunt was now free on bail and awaiting his trial...which could be anywhere from six weeks to six months....because of her...because she granted him bail... and here she was sleeping with the defendent...I'm sure this was ethically and morally wrong on so many levels...

Yet...because of the past we once shared...I  hoped I wouldn't have to use these photos against her..It could ruin her career...I wanted more than anything to wipe that self satisfying smirk off of Ray Kind's face...but I wondered was it because he was a bad man or because ...He was with her???

II-


I remembered the last time we had made love....It was in San Diego...a warm summer night ,years ago....She had already broken off our engagement because there was another man...she had broken my heart...I had left town, to join the Marines...she had left to go to college.....I was now an NCIS investigator....I had just cracked a murder case at a Naval base in Southern California and I was cooling my heels in San Diego for a little while before I returned to my next assignment...We just happened to run into each other one night....She was a US Attorney with the Justice Department by now... and living in San Diego..We had had much to drink at two or three bars and we wound up at her beach side house that she was renting...


Our lovemaking was slow and deliberate. There was no rushing or need for it. This wasn't an affair. We were not married to other people and sneaking around. We lived in different cities, Her in San Diego and me in Richmond,Virginia at the time...Different parts of the United States with completely different degrees of commitments. We have not figured out how to blend our lives, in fact, according to her, that wasn't going to happen...she was still in love with whoever this mystery man was...This was just a one for the road...one last time arrangement...Maybe she felt like she owed me...because we knew each other back in Philly...I don't know.

Her body was glistening as she stepped out of the tub,she was stacked..a brickhouse as Lionel Richie would say. I wrapped her wet but hot body in a towel, and we slow grinded to the beautifully appointed king-size bed overlooking the beach and city of San Diego, California, that takes your breathe away. I'm talking and whispering and laughing as I step out of my clothes...My erection just raging..She looked at it and her mouth just opened...''Oh My God Kevin...Oh My goodness...you are huge!!...Ohhhhh myyy" she gasps. I love the way she looks naked..every last curve... I love the way she smells.

I walk her over to the bed whispering how much I missed her, She seems lost in thought,like she wishes I wouldn't say that. She kisses me, deeply,passionately wrapping me in her arms tightly. I move my hands up and down her sexy body as if I am remembering something , reconnecting. I pull her close... She is already wet. I'm as hard as a rock...

"Ohhhhhh Kevin...Oh Godd...I want you inside me now..." she moans.

I know that and I enter her and begin to thrust deeply. I catch my breath, she wraps her big legs round me as if I was falling off a cliff. We quickly get a nice deliberate rhythm. I just want to go hard and fast, but she slows us down. I can barely stand it. I slow it way down with deep, long strokes that make me feel like I'm losing my mind...

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ohhhhh Kevinnnnnn..ouuuuuuuuuuuuu." she moans.

We make sweet love well into the early morning...we both climax in each others arms furiously....She's crying as we both come...

"What is it..What's the matter Laura?" I ask...

"Oh Kevin..this was so good...so damn goood....but we can't do this anymore...I'm sorry." she said.

''What do you mean?" I asked...

"Kevin ,I can't." she said.

"Is it this guy?  The one who broke off your engagement?" I said.

''Yes...YESSS....We still see each other...We still love each other ...He still comes out here....We are trying to work things out. I shouldn't have done this." she said.

"What is there to work out? He dumped you ...I'm here, I'm here now...We can get married..We can be together Laura.. You and me." I said.

"No Kevin...No we can't...I'm...I'm sorry..." she said.

"So this is it huh? This is goodbye?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry Kevin....You're a good guy....Really." she said.

"But not the right guy huh?" I said.

"There's somebody out there for you....She doesn't even know it yet...you'll find her...it's just not me." she said.

I got out of bed... I went in the bathroom, washed up slowly , Slowly put on my clothes and looked over at her...I shook my head...She pulled what was left of the sheets over her as if she was blocking me from looking at her naked body any further.

''Have a good life Luara..." I said as I walked out the door....That was the last time I saw her...Close to 12 years ago.





III-






After I was certain that Ray was gone...I entered the condo and went to Laura's room...I rang the doorbell...
I heard her from inside the room...

"Ray my God...Didn't you get enough? You are such a horndog." she said ,only to open the door and see me standing there....She was stunned and in her nightgown....She was very embarrassed.

"Kevin....Kevin?  I uh er wasn't expecting you." she said.

"I know you weren't....I suppose you were expecting Ray huh?" I said.

"Kevin, I don't like the tone of your voice.." she said.

"Laura...Laura how could you?? Him???  I didn't know he was my competition back in the day....but I know who and what he is now and you must know too...He's a criminal...and you were the judge that was hearing his case...and you freed him and God knows what else you've done with him." I said.

"Okay...Okay...I'm not going to have this conversation with you.....Whatever I've done with Ray is none of your business." she said.

"You've been a fool...and that's kind of my business...Whatever feelings I still have for you, I would hate to see your professional career ended because of what you're doing...You know this is wrong..It's wrong on so many levels." I said.

"He told me that you have been persecuting him for no reason...That you blame him for your friend's death..He wasn't responsible...He barely knew those guys..." she said.

"Do you hear yourself??" I asked.

"Kevin, are you persecuting him because you want to see justice or is it some sick revenge?? Because I chose him over you?" she asked.

"Is that what you think?" I asked...

Just then....My android went off....It was Clerow!

"I gotta take this call." I said.

"It's a done deal boss...Lt. Sissy Van Buren came by Josie's looking for you...the DNA was a match...Ralph
Penny is our man...He's the serial killer..She's got the warrant...If you like..It's about to go down in about an hour.." he said.

"Thanks Clerow...Good work." I said and hung up.

I looked at Laura one last time....

"Have a good life Laura...I hope you know what you're doing..." I said and left.

IV-

Kool Kat, Owen Todd and Clerow were waiting for me when I arrived at the High Rise where Ralph "Pretty" Penny, the lawyer lived...


"Yo Kev...He just went in about a half hour ago with a babe..." said Kool Kat.

Lt. Sissy Van Buren, three Detectives and six Uniformed Philadelphia Policemen arrived minutes later and we followed them inside and up to the penthouse floor...

As we got to his room we heard the bed squeaking and the sounds of lovemaking..

"Unnnnnnnnnn..Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ouuuuu dadddy give it to me...ohhhhhhhhhhhh"

"Come on girlll...give it meeeeeeeeeeee...ohhhhhhhhhhhh...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." came the  sounds..

Sissy Van Buren knocked on the door...

It was quiet...Then came a voice...

"WHO THE HELL IS IT?" said Ralph...

"Police Ralph...We have a warrant for your arrest." said Sissy Van Buren...

''Arrest?? For what??" he screamed....

"Let's try murder in the first degree, three counts...Open this door." she said..

There was an eerie quiet....Then the sound of a woman screaming and then the sound of glass shattering...

The cops broke down the door...The woman was screaming and pointing  at the window....

Ralph "Pretty" Penny had jumped out of the window nude and plunged 22 floors down !!!!!! His  naked body crashed into the top of his SUV on the street in front of the building.!!! People on the street ran for cover and screamed!!!

''Damnnnnn!" said Owen Todd...

Kool Kat , Clerow, The uniforms and the Detectives were all stunned...They weren't expecting this...

Sissy and I looked at each other...

''Wow Kevin...You've helped us crack some spectacular cases...but never with such  a splash." she mused..

I looked at her-

''Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." I mused.





(TO BE CONTINUED....)

16 comments:

Toni said...

OMG This was awesome...At one point ,I was ready to cry...for Kevin, what he lost so many years ago with Laura..and his betrayal by her now..
Incredible storytelling!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing two pairs of panties at you!

Tate 2 said...

Man....this one left me speechless!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

WOW! was all I could say!...Dude jumps out the window naked?? What an ending...Didn't see that coming at all!

Sunflower said...

Excellent Story...one of your best in a long time!

Brenda said...

Loved it! Great story...all the way around...

Halo said...

WOW! Great story....I almost cried.

Lisa said...

Incredible Story...Great storyline...Can't wait to see how this all pans out between Kevin and Laura...Will he turn her in to get back at Ray?? Does he need to win that bad? Can't wait for the next installment.

Vanessa said...

OH MY GOD! This was sooo good Keith..I'm loving it..The Love story from Kevin's past...The Revenge angle..The whole thing...

Sean said...

Wow..Why aint you writing for HBO?

Swaggie said...

WOW!!! Damn ,the ending just blew my mind...Dude jumped out the window naked! I know that must have hurt!

Tate2 said...

LMBAO @Swaggie's remark...Great story...I've been jilted by a girl before and just like that...right after some mind blowing sex..I feel Kevin...I could certainly understand if he wanted to pay her back by exposing her relationship with Ray...But I don't think he will..We'll see though...and wow ,what a way to wrap up the serial killer case!!!

Jazzy said...

Incredible story Fam! Loved the storytelling with the music and all!

Samuel Bastion said...

Had me on the edge of my seat!

James Perkins said...

Truly one of your best! Wasn't expecting that ending...Can't wait until tomorrow's installment.

Yvonne Anderson said...

I'm loving the entire storyline..including the love triangle between Kevin-Laura -Ray...Where does Sepia fit in ,in all of this!