Wednesday, December 20, 2023

She Left Me!


 THURSDAY MORNING-One day later..


Laverne's husband sat in a coffee shop, just one block from the Bridge Building..




He poured his flask of Whiskey into his tall cup of hot steaming coffee.... He sat and he fantasized about his wife's attorney, Yvette Jones-Lockwood...


 Yvette Jones Lockwood -She always dressed sharp.....She was making the kind of money to afford it...



He imagined himself kissing her big full lips..

Opening her blouse.....



He imagined the kind of fancy flowery bra someone like her would be wearing..


and the kind of matching flowery panties she'd have on....


He imagined flipping her over and she begging him for it..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU LENNY, GIVE IT TO ME!! GIVE IT TO ME DADDY!" she cooed..

Her sexy body being baby soft, she smelling like a newborn baby...she being as wet as the ocean...him losing his mind..

"OH BABY, HERE I AM, TAKE ALL OF IT!" he cried out..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM..OUUUUUUUUUU LENNY!" she cried out..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VETTIE...UMMMMMMMM GIRRRLLLLL!" he cried out..
and them making love for NINE TO TEN HOURS, until they both were spent...

And Yvette resting on top of his chest, sleeping soundly after a good lovemaking session and


and him taking a swig of Irish Whiskey afterwords.


It was all a fantasy.....




Yvette was his wife's best friend and she wouldn't touch him with a twenty foot pole...Plus she was married to the man who was really acting out that scenario, Night After Night.



Gary Lockwood, an Investigator for the D.A.'s Office, One time cop...Lucky Devil...He'd love to trade places with him for just one night...

The train pulled up...He watched Yvette and her team and all of the other attorneys who worked with her, head for the Bridge Building, where they worked.. 

 

 ''We ready for tonight troops?" asked Yvette.

"I got us an 8:30 Pm appointment in Night Court like you asked." I said.
"All 12 of those charactor witnesses are on their way here this morning."said Bee Bee.
"Bee and I have questions written up for them." said Sofia.
''And Jade and I contacted the Bail Bondsman." said Kahlil...
"I did background checks on all of them..."said Jade.

"Damn I'm impressed....Vettie your team is like a crack military unit."laughed Virginia.


"I play to win....I plan for every legal contingency..." said Yvette.


''Spoken like a true military commander."laughed Virginia's husband.



From Across the street Lenny stared salaciously at Jazzy, Kayla, Jessica, Karen, Natalie, Brooke, even Zoey and this new girl, Renee' 
 

"We are going to store our polyanna gifts at Renee and Tyrell's house."said Jazzy...
 

''We'll exchange gifts after dinner, it'll be great." said Dabnis.

"This will be so much fun...and we'll have a lot more room."said Kayla.
"I understand you two girls will be helping with the set up.." said Ray.

"Yes...Olivia, Beverly and Alfreda will be cooking and I guess the rest of us just have to show up." said Jessica.
"I'll bring Beers." said Chip..


''And B.L. and I will bring Wine."said Karen.
"This is going to be so nice..."said Natalie.
"I can't wait." said an excited David...
"We can't either...I can bake... Maybe I'll bake a Cake for the occassion."said Brooke.
''A Rum Cake...That'll be sooo cool." said Sean.


"You High fallutin lawyers shouldn't be drivin and doin all that drinkin..."laughed Zoey, imitating Lt. Tragg.

"One thing is for sure...He won't be around.." laughed Lem..

"Anyone gets loaded...We have sleeping bags and a huge living room...You can spend the night."laughed our future hostess, Renee..
"Here , Here."laughed her husband, Tyrell.

"Most of us live walking distance...We'll be fine."laughed Tony..


"Nobody is going to get that loaded...We won't let you." assured Paris...



They all were laughing and talking as they entered the Bridge Building..and went to the elevators.




''Lawd Jesus they got some fine ass women workin in this building..And they're all married..Damnnnnn!" he said still sipping his whiskey laced coffee.









II-


COURTROOM D- 8:30 PM  TUESDAY NIGHT!


The Judge in this case would not be the Judge in the actual case....

Lt. Tragg was not there... Night court was too low profile for him...No witnesses...No media..and a bunch of  Judges  and ADA's who were mostly older Judges and ADA's about to retire...It was lightweight. It was in session from 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays...We were quite fortunate to get a date.

Our Team, Olivia and Beverly and their team and Jessica and Chip and The Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Team had been using Night Court an awful lot this year to get our clients out...but sooner or later the ADA's were going to figure out what we were doing and show up.... This is why Ms. Yvette had us prepare as if this were a regular arraignment...just in case.


 

 









 




















Yes sooner or later the ADA's were going to figure out what we were doing and show up.


The ADA that did show up was not going to be the ADA that tried the case...He had only the basic out line of the case at hand... He basically wanted to go home...So he didn't really put up much of a fight.


 Bee Bee and Sofia  presented 12 charactor witnesses ,


Despite this being a Capital Case ,Laverne Leal Having no priors and her being a well known Attorney  helped her immensely...She was released on his own recognizance. Without bail..and surprisingly without having to wear an ankle monitor..


Yvette and Jade cheered and hugged a very surprised Laverne Leal..

Kahlil and I smiled at the Bail Bondsman...
''Sorry Bro." I said.

''That's okay...You guys are pretty good lawyers....Ha ha....You get em off with no bail...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" laughed the Bail Bondsman...

"I know you want to get some food and go home and get a hot shower and get some sleep." said Yvette.


"Yvette,I don't want to go home...Not to him..." said Laverne... "He didn't bother to come down to Central Booking....He didn't even tell you I was arrested until damn near midnight...I sat in that smelly interrogation room for seven hours....and an additional eight until you guys showed up..And where is he tonight? Drunk....Probably in some bar with his hand up some woman's dress.....All he wants me for is sex, nothing else...No Yvette, I can't go back to him." said Laverne ,almost pleadingly..

''Alright...We'll get you some food...but not at Sam Mother's...Even this late hour, I don't want to risk running into Lt. Tragg...He'll find out you've been released tomorrow or maybe Saturday....I've got an extra bedroom...You can stay with me... Tomorrow while your husband is out.. Bee Bee and Sofia and Jade will go with you to your home and get your things...and I'll ask Olivia of you can hang out in the apartment in her sub-basement...."said Yvette.

"You're a good friend, Vettie...I love you." said Laverne, hugging Yvette.



We all went to a late night diner...It was open 24 hours...Not far the Club Stoleys that some of us went to.


''We haven't been here in a long time Bae." said my wife, Bee Bee.
"Not since the last time we all went to Stoleys....When was that, April?" I asked.
"Yeah...we turned Brooke and Natalie on to Stoleys remember? They had never heard of it."said Sofia.
"Yeah , we gotta bring, Renee and Tyrell here." said Kahlil..



We had Burgers, Fries and Milk Shakes...

While Ms. Yvette, Jade and Laverne had something else.

"I know when he leaves...I'm going to have a Uhaul Storage truck meet me and take all of my stuff out of our house.. I've got a storage unit staked out....I'll bring the rest of my things to Olivia's house." said Laverne.

"You sound like you've been planning this for a long time."said Yvette.

"This has been a long time coming Vettie..."sighed Laverne.




They had Steak and Eggs and Hash browns...


and coffee.



Tender was the night.


III-

WEDNESDAY MORNING!

The next morning after Lenny left for work..


Two Uhaul trucks drove up....


Laverne with help from Bee Bee and Sofia packed an overnight bag for her and helped her get the rest of her personal things..and load them into the two Uhaul trucks.

"I thank you ladies for helping me....I know this is above and beyond your duties."said Laverne.

"We don't mind and we totally understand." said Bee Bee.
"Yes...we understand...It was the least we could do." said Sofia.

"Okay...We've loaded the last of your stuff..." I said.

"The Bed was yours? Wowwwwwww, wait until he comes home." laughed Kahlil.


"I don't care what he thinks..." said Laverne.




We took her things to a storage unit....and then we drove her to Olivia and Beverly's house.


Where she settled into the sub-basement apartment that so many of our friends had bedded down in.

And then we drove her to our building..



THE BRIDGE BUILDING!

We met in our conference room...
"Vettie , thank you for everything...I have to thank Olivia for putting me up..." said Laverne.

 

 "You're a friend....Now about your case......we are going to give you some things you can use at Olivia's house, where we want you to keep a low profile for a few days.." said Yvette.

"Yeah...this is standard for all of our clients." I said.
"This is a Portal...We will keep you updated on your cases progress everyday by this.. So you don't have to come up here again." said Bee Bee.



Passing her the portal.



''Write this number down...It can't be traced...This is a burner phone...If you need us...Call this number...Don't call our business phones or our personal phones.." said Sofia.

passing her the Burner phone.


''You guys don't play.."laughed Laverne.

''We prepare for every contingency..."said Kahlil echoing Ms. Yvette.
''And that is why we win...I went to discovery....The Bra and Panties found at the scene were tested...The DNA in the panties and the bra are not a match for you...They're not a match for Calvin Lumpkin either... I mean his DNA is not on the saliva or semen found in the panties. So more than likely they were placed there ......The Hotel didn't report him having any other visitors.. That gun had it's registration number scraped off... It's a street gun, linked to several robberies, more than likely purchased illegally by the shooter....No fingerprints or DNA was on the gun..It was wiped clean." said Jade.

Virginia smiled.. "She's thorough aint she?" she said.
Laverne began to tell us about what went down between her, Calvin Lumpkin and her husband, Lenny...

"I went home....that day after being up here with you all...



"Hello Lenny." I said to my husband... He was as usual, half drunk...He had come home early and started hitting the bottle.


"Hey girl, where you been? I called your office....They told me you weren't in..." he said.



Pouring himself a drink and a drink for me  and an extra one for him...


"I was at the Bridge Building, down by Penns Landing, visiting Yvette Jones....Remember her?" I said.


"Yeah I remember her...How's she doin? she still at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt?" he asked.


''Yes, only she's made Partner and she has a suite all her own down there......She's got four attorneys on her staff, one investigator and one Office manager...All are people of color, Black, Puerto Rican, Arab, Asian....She runs the whole show....I was quite impressed...The asked us to meet them for drinks at the NO ID BAR this Friday Night."I said.


"That's that uh hipster joint , down by Penns Landing......I'll go with you...This ought to be good for a laugh." he chuckled as he swigged down tequilla...

"You know...drinking this Tequilla and looking at you gets me as horny as hell." he said.

"You're horny when you wake up in the morning."I laughed.... I could still barely walk..


after the doggie style thrashing he had given me that morning in the bathroom....

The Doorbell rang......


"I'll get it." I said.. I opened the door and to her surprise..

"OH MY GOD!" I said startled.


''Well don't just stand there....Let me in....I come bearing a gift or two..." It was  Cal Lumpkin, I hadn't seen him in three years...

"I know it's been awhile...but I found out you were in Philly, where by the way I am staying for the time being... I've got a big case and I had to come see you...Wish you a merry Christmas and bring this peace offering..." he said.

"It's a Partridge.....I didn't have a Pear tree.....but I did have a Partridge.... Merry Christmas.." he said , smiling...



"Hey Man, get that bird outta my house.." said Lenny....



"Uh Cal, I'm I'm Married now! This is my husband, Lenwood J.Leal....Lenwood this is Calvin Lumpkin.." I said.. I was nervous as hell, Lenny had been drinking and he was very volatile when drinking.


"I know who he is...You told me about him.....Now like I said, Get that Bird outta my house....I aint gonna ask you again...You've said Merry Christmas....Now you can go!" said Lenny...



"Damn Man, you aint gotta be all like that..." said Calvin Lumpkin....



"Is you gonna leave or do I gotta go get my gun?" asked Lenny, who was getting angrier by the second..

"Cal please, please...just go..." I begged him...


"Alright...Alright...Damn man....Merry Christmas Laverne." said Cal, taking his Partridge and leaving...



A little later Cal sent me a  text....It had the address of his hotel room and his phone number...He said to drop by for a little Christmas Cheer. At first I wasn't going to go but my curiosity got the best of me...


24 HOURS BEFORE- SUNDAY NIGHT!


I took a drive down to the Marriot in town..

I had Cal Lumpkins's address on my smartwatch...

I knocked on his door....It was ajar...That was strange...I hoped I wasn't walking in on him and another woman....but he would never be that careless...

I was stunned by what she saw....


Calvin Lumpkins was lying on the floor of his hotel room...face up.....His lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling... his chest full of blood...he appeared to have been shot several times.....He was very, very dead!!!!



His Partridge.....The bird he was going to give me as a gift....Had also been shot dead...




On the floor, a .22 caliber handgun lie  in a corner... I was no fool... I immediately got out of that room....I didn't touch anything....except the handle on the door. I swear, that's the truth.." she said.


"Any chance Lenny saw your text from Cal?" asked Yvette..



"I don't think so... we made love that night...My smartwatch was still on....I know...that's TMI.."laughed Laverne.




Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and I all smiled.

''You didn't take it off at all?" asked Jade.


"When we were done I layed it on the night stand.....


"But Lenny was dead to the world, drunk...When he sleeps like that...Nothing wakes him up."said Laverne.


"Hmmm" said Yvette, a little critical.



IV-

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON-

"SON OF A BITCH!" screamed Lenny Leal upon returning home to find it empty.......

"SHE LEFT ME!" he said...shaking his head....

and looking at his empty living room.


and across town...


in his office.. Lt. Tragg got the news....


"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??? SHE WAS ARRAIGNED AND RELEASED YESTERDAY,,,WHATTTTTTTTT????" he screamed...




Naturally he went to our old headquarters....He still thought we worked there..


and naturally we weren't there....He waited angrilly for an hour.... at the locked door and dark office, before storming angrilly out...


We weren't home either... Tonight we were at Olivia and Beverly's house for dinner..


"Olivia, everything is delicious.. You and Ms. Alfreda and your husband are excellent cooks....Thank you so much for putting me up...I won't be in your hair long.. I'm just searching for some new digs." said Laverne. 

"Oh you're welcome...If you like, I can put you with my realtor...Her name is Sepia Morris...She's excellent..She sold all of us in this room our houses." said Olivia.
 
"Yeah , she is really good." said Donnie Ray.


"I imagine Lt. Tragg has found out you were released without bail..." said Beverly...
"And if I know right....he's probably at your old office Yvette, looking for you guys." said Nelson.

"You think he'll come by your house tonight?" asked Josie.
"Why not? He stops by here all the time." said Paris.

"Well he's not going to disturb our dinner.." said Bresha, defiantly...
Her husband, Tony just laughed....

"No he's not!  I'm with Bresha...We are going to enjoy our food...and if he does come around here..We don't have to answer the door.."said Alfreda.

"You guys aare too funny." said her husband Rockland, who was helping himself to dessert....Ice Cream and a nice hot slice of  Apple Pie..




"It would be criminal to be interrupted , with all of this good food." said Laverne.


 

 Yvette laughed.... "I'm imagining him at our old suite , standing and waiting...The lights are off and the doors locked...What a goof!" she said.

"What does he hope to acheive by coming to our house and yelling and screaming and whining?It's not going to change anything...she was arraigned and released on bail like half a million criminal suspects in the city who have half way decent attorneys." said Gary

"He likes to stand and stare balefully at you while you beg him to leave...and leave when he's good and ready." I said.
"Well he's not doing that tonight...He didn't find us at work and he surely won't be at our homes." said Bee Bee.
" You got that right." said Sofia.
Kahlil ,like Rockland, scooped some ice cream and placed it on his apple pie./
So did Jade...

Her husband  Danny Ho said... "If he does show up...He's violating C&D...I'll call the Sherriff." he said.




"Please do..A night in the cooler would serve that pain in the ass just right."said Virginia.

"I don't know how he keeps a job....Somebody amongst the higher ups protects him." said Jetty...


Jessica peered out the window...

"Aye Mios Dios, speak of the devil....He's across the street, ringing your doorbells." she said.

"I don't believe this guy....He rang your doorbell, Keith and Bee Bee, then he went to yours Sofia and Kahlil and now he's at yours Ms. Yvette.





"VETTIE!! FRONT AND CENTER!! I WANNA TALK TO YOU!! COME OUT!!" he bellowed.

but there was no answer....

"Hmm they don't appear to be home.. I'll see if they're across the street at Olivia and Beverly's house...


"OH MY GOD...HE REALLY IS A NUISANCE!" said Laverne,





He rang the doorbell and then began bamming on the door...We could see him on Olivia and Donnie Ray's Doorbell Monitor...



"OLIVIA!!! OLIVIA!! FRONT AND CENTER , IS YVETTE THERE? SEND HER OUT I NEED TO-
OH MY GOD..." he said.



Two Philadelphia Sherrif's cruisers drove up.....No one in our house had called them...but one of our neighbors could have called them....That's probably who did.

"Let's Go Artie...you know the drill..." said one officer..

The other officer handcuffed him..



"Come on guys.....can you give me a break?  Cop to Cop? COME ON!!!!!!!" he pleaded...



"Come on Artie let's go! " said the Sherriff's officer.....As they put him in the backseat of one of the cruisers...

We all howled with laughter at seeing this.


He spent his night and the next two nights in "The Cooler"



And Laverne's husband, Lenny spent his night..


In his near empty house...




(TO BE CONTINUED)


5 comments:

Sunflower said...

WOWWWWW! What an ending! Very dramatic! Loved it!

Toni said...

Well What did he expect? He's at the bar making a nuisance of himself with all of the (VERY MARRIED) women there and coming on to her closest friends...She had to have known about him for a very long time! This was inevitable.

Angie B. said...

Lt. Tragg never learns does he? He is more unhinged than ever now! LMAO! "Come on guys give me a break! Cop to Cop!"

Anonymous said...

That sex fantasy Lenny had about Yvette had me throwing my panties and bra into the sky!

James Perkins said...

In this whole time his wife is arrested and about to go on trial for a murder he probably committed out of a jealous rage and he's fantasizing about sexing her lawyer....What a guy? And he's surprised she's moved out and left him.