Tuesday, December 19, 2023

One Dead Man And A Dead Bird Too!

The Marriot- SUNDAY AFTERNOON

 "He took six slugs to the chest, center mass...Death was probably swift..." said a Crime Scene Investigator..

''Shot the bird too!" observed another Crime Scene Investigator.

"Damn!" said another Crime Scene Investigator.


"This was a crime of pure rage.....He was shot six times....and the killer reloaded...He's been dead about five hours." observed Dr. Hazel Baylor...


''And cruelty....Why did he shoot the bird?"asked Dr. Marcy Martin...



SUNDAY NIGHT-

We had done a little laundry that afternoon after coming from Super Brunch at Josie's... We couldn't wait for Laundry Day....


We were in Bee Bee and my kitchen playing cards....The girls were folding clothes...



and drinking another


six pack of Modelos..

."This is good Beer...I like it!" I said.
.."I've loved it since college...Actually...Sofia turned me on to this." said Kahlil.
"Sofia has been turning you on since High School Kahlil."laughed Bee Bee..
Sofia laughed heartedly.....

They had done a pile of laundry and were folding clothes also..






"You really like that Modelo Beer don't you Kahlil?..." said Bee Bee, folding clothes and making her next move in the card game...

"Truth of the matter, I've always like Modelo and Corona…."said Kahlil..

"I told you....He loves a Spanish Woman and he likes Spanish Beer. What can I sayyyy" said Sofia..

And they enjoyed a hot passionate kiss..

 "You two are sooo cute."laughed Bee Bee..
"Hey..We are cute too?" I joked..


"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.." said Bee Bee...
Bee Bee kissed me...

"Yes honey we are cute too!" she said...and kissed me passionately too..

"Your move." said Bee Bee.
 '' I'm out ."said Kahlil..
 "I m out too! I said..
"I call." said Sofia...

"Ouuuuuuu look at your hand." said Khalil...

''Shhhhhhhhhh" laughed Sofia.

Our neighbors, Jessica and Chip were also there and folding laundry...

''We aren't going to have any laundry if Beverly has another Laundry Day.."laughed Jessica.,
as she folded her laundry...

"That's okay...We can go for the food." laughed Bee Bee.





"Not a bad idea." said Chip, drinking another beer.


Ms. Jade came over with Chinese Take Out...

"Dig in everybody.." she said.


"That's what I'm talking about..." I said..

as we folded more laundry..... A nice restful Sunday Afternoon...



We had no idea if the drama that was taking place downtown at that very moment.



II-


"Ewwwwwwwww, looks pretty bad....This fellow took six shots to the chest.... small caliber weapon....a .22 ....Which means a woman did this." said Lt. Tragg....
''A woman did this based on the fact that a .22 was used?" asked Dr. Hazel Baylor , who not only despised Lt. Tragg, but personally thought he was the most brainless , sexist cop in the department and didn't hide the fact that she hated working with him...




"Look he was shot in the chest, six times....anger, rage, overkill...and look what we found here..



a bra and a pair of panties on the floor behind the bed....obviously the woman was here....and the fact that the bird was shot too...very emotional....Only a woman would have killed like this..."he remarked.

"You know...I wonder what the Philadelphia Police department did without you all  these years."said Dr. Marcy Martin sarcastically....



"You Ladies forget....I am an Academy Honor Graduate and I AM THE DETECTIVE HERE...NOT YOU!" said Lt. Tragg.... "Alright boys....if there is nothing else...get him out of here...Girls, have that Autopsy report on my desk ASAP!" said Lt. Tragg.


Hazel and Marcy looked at each other and smirked..

As the body of Cal Lumpkin was put in a white body bag, zipped up and strapped to a gurney and rolled out of the hotel...

MONDAY AFTERNOON-THE BRIDGE BUILDING
A Distraught Laverne Leal walked into our suite...She was lucky, we were all in the conference room..
"Vettie, guys...I am so lucky to have run into you....I'm in trouble....I need a lawyer...I'm in trouble."said a distraught Laverne Leal...It was the first time I had ever seen her blow her almost trademarked cool vaneer. She had been crying profusely, Her make up had been smeared on her face..

We were all in the conference room..


 

 "Laverne....Laverne honey..what's the matter?" said Yvette..

"I'm afraid  I'm going to be arrested for murder and I'm innocent...I didn't do it." Laverne pleaded..

"MURDER?" I said incredulously...
"Oh My GOD!! MURDER? WHO???" asked my wife, Bee Bee.
"Aye Mios Dios" said Sofia...
"Oh My GOD!! MURDER? WHO???" asked  Kahlil...
Jade said nothing, she sat stoically...

"Calm down, what happened?" said Virginia calmly...



"Last night, I was in town....I stopped by the Marriot...I was just going to stop by Cal's room...See what he wanted right?  Only when I got there...He was dead...Somebody shot him several times and shot his bird...He was dead!! I got the hell out of there....I exited down the back steps...Vettie I'm scared,."said Laverne.

''Did you touch anything in there?" asked Ms. Yvette.


"Besides the door knob...No!" said Laverne..

"Even though you exited down the back stairs...You were seen coming in the front lobby." I said.



"And your prints are on the door knob...." said Bee Bee.



"You didn't go near the body or touch that did you?" asked Sofia..

"Oh No No...I saw the blood and ascertained he was dead and I got the hell out of dodge..."said Laverne.



"Good." said Kahlil. "I wish more people would have that kind of foresight when they run up on situations like this." he continued.

"What you should do is go home....You haven't been arrested or charged with anything...Go home and tomorrow go to work as you normally would...You have my number on speed dial..If you are arrested or even taken in for questioning...call me..we'll be down.." said Ms. Yvette., "Keith, Kahlil...get us a date at Night Court...and get in contact with our Bail Bondsman friend...Jade, Bee Bee, Sofia, get a list of charactor witnesses....Laverne write down names and addresses and phone numbers we can use....It's best to attack this thing early...we are going to operate quick and fast.....Have you been home? Where is Lenny on this?" said Yvette.

"I told him about it...and he laughed....Can you believe that? He laughed...He said "If you aint done nothin, you got nothin to worry about..." He can be such an asshole sometimes..' said Laverne, nearly in tears...


"We're on our way to the courthouse now Ms. Yvette." I said.

"I'm callin that Bail Bondsman we use.." said Kahlil.

"We are going to call these charactor witnesses right now."said Bee Bee.
"She gave us 12 good names....That's 6 a piece..."said Sofia.
"I'll do background checks on all of them as quick as possible...We've got a lot of time to do it" said Jade..


"Vettie, your kids are something special." said Laverne...


"I know , I thank God for them everyday......" said Yvette...


Virginia passed Laverne a cup of coffee and a glass of water-

"Here sit down, drink this coffee...and drink some water....relax..." she said.




"Thank you." said Laverne.



III-


HOURS LATER-


There were police cars outside of Laverne's house...






Lt. Tragg was there with handcuffs....

"Laverne Leal, you're under arrest for the murder of Calvin Lumpkin.....You have the right to remain silent...Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...You have the right to an attorney, if you can not afford one, one will be supplied to you...do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?" he asked.


"I'm an Attorney, I think I understand them." she said ,peering at the armed policemen around her and looking at the reporters and television people snapping photos of her...



"Okay boyz, take her away..." said Lt. Tragg as the cameras popped..


her husband, Lenny stood in the doorway, expressionless.... He went back into the house.



He poured himself a few fingers of Tequilla and then he got on the phone.


He called Yvette....






"Hello." said Ms. Yvette, who was at home...


"Vettie....The cops just grabbed Laverne...About a couple of hours ago....They charged her with murder...She told me to call you....So uh I did!" said Lenny....

"Thank you...Alright...First thing in the morning...We'll be down at Central Booking.."said Yvette.
She was exaspearted that he had waited "A couple of hours" to finally call her. She was getting ready for bed.

"Heyyy Vettie..Uh...what you wearin right now huh? Probably a short sheer night gown considering the time of night it is....What color are your panties?" asked Lenny.

(CLICK!) Yvette hung up..


"That was Lenny...Laverne has been arrested...For Murder...Lenny is drunk!" said Yvette.


''Wow...that was quick, even for Lt. Tragg." said Gary.



He leaned over and gave Ms. Yvette a wet sloppy kiss...She returned his kiss with a slow passionate kiss...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU ARE MY SWEET GIRL!!!!" Gary moaned...taking her into his arms..


They fell across the bed, kissing and smooching like it was going out of style..

"Hey Gary?" asked Ms. Yvette..

''What Baby?" he answered.

"I love you, you're my guy!" she whispered...

"Awwwwwww that's so nice....cause I love you too! Ummmmmmmmmmmm" he moaned..




and slipped her panties off slowly....


She rode him quietly on the side of the bed....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND, YOU ARE SO DAMN BIG
AND HARD!" she said..

"IT'S ALL FOR YOU!" said Gary...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! THANK YOUUUUU!" she cooed..
"VETTIE!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH , UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" was all he could manage to moan.

"It's alright..It's okay...." she whispered.

Their lovemaking got crazier, hotter, steamier......

Gary flipped her over and entered her.....She was as soft  as a newborn baby, smelled good and very wet.. Gary was nearly losing his mind....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU ARE MY SWEET GIRL!!!!" Gary moaned.

"I like being your sweet girl..." whispered Yvette... as she had one of three intense orgasms....Her head turning from side to side...her body trembling, and emotional tears streaming down her face...
Gary was in heaven for the next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS......



Yvette rested on his chest, peacefully afterwords....as they both drifted into a nice post coital bliss.


The next morning...Gary ambushed Yvette in the bathroom...

"Baby, I gotta get dressed..." cooed Yvette..
"I know...I just needed a little more..." whispered Gary...



as he spread her legs and entered her...doggie style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!UMMMMMMMMM  OUUU YOU NASTY DOGGGG!!!" Yvette screamed as Gary thrusted away madly.....She had another intense orgasm....which had her banging her hands on the counter...and trembling out of control......

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD!" moaned Gary....until he came with wild abandon...



They wound up taking a shower together.......




IV-


The "Fishbowl" The nickname detectives gave their interrogation room..

Attorney Laverne Leal was in the kind of trouble she never expected to be in.....She was usually coming down here to see a client...Not a client herself. She wondered why Yvette and company hadn't come sooner..

She had been in this detention room for 8 hours or more...She had been denied coffee and water, food too!  She had been badgered by Lt. Tragg and other detectives..



She exercised her right to remain silent and crossed her arms and said nothing....

This room smelled like Body Odor, Bad Breath, Stinky Feet and even urine... The Trash cans needed to be emptied... She felt like she might vomit soon....



Lt. Tragg came back the next morning with a change of clothes, a nice tailored European styled suit...Shoes a banker would wear, A beautiful fresh fragrance....Every single hair in place, fingernails perfectly manicured and heavily made up...He was a detective out of central casting..

He sat down and began to talk quietly...

"You're in big trouble...We know you two used to be engaged.....we know you broke it off in D.C. two years ago and you've gotten married to someone else... We know from Cal Lumpkin's schedule that he brought that bird for you....As a peace offering...Now what went wrong?   We've got you on camera and witnesess , who saw you eneter the lobby....we also heard there might have been another woman up there with him...We found panties and a bra on the floor by the bed...Are they yours?" he asked.




showing her the panties and bra set found in the room.


"Those aren't mine." said Sharon quietly....That was all she'd say...




He placed the gun on the table..

"This was left at the scene... Naturally wiped clean....and the registration number neatly filed off... Is it yours?" he asked.

"Nope!  I'm a Lawyer....I know better." she said.



"Look, let's cut the crap...I KNOW YOU DID THIS.....It was a crime of passion....only a female could have done this...You came there at his urging....We know he sent you a text with his address telling you to stop by for some Christmas Cheer...You stopped by unanounced and either another broad was there or YOU SAW THE PANTIES AND THE BRA AND YOU FREAKED OUT...Shot him and the bird!! ISN'T THAT HOW IT HAPPENED MRS. LEAL?" he shouted dramatically.... "This was a very emotional killing ,very emotional....Only a woman would have killed like this..."he remarked.

 "Beautiful....Beautiful....Beautiful Synopsis..Lieutenant." Said Yvette, clapping.

''What did Law Enforcement Do before you came along?" I said.
But my wife Bee Bee and Sofia were in no joking mood..

"That's the most sexist, stupidest sumnation I have ever heard." said Bee Bee..
"It's an insult to women everywhere...The nerve." said Sofia.
Kahlil just smiled and shook his head..
So did Jade.



"Lieutenant can we have the room?" said Ms. Yvette.. She had two Thermos's...

"There is hot coffee in this one and Hot Soup in the other one."she said.







"Thank You Vettie..." said Laverne as she drank the coffee and slerped the soup...

"Ummmm this hits the spot.." she said.


"You can thank our  friend Olivia for the Coffe and the soup." said Ms. Yvette.,
"That's home made soup by her office manager, Alfreda.  
"Alfreda is an excellent cook."said Yvette.


"Thank you Vettie....I've been here since around 5:00 pm yesterday."said Laverne.



"I didn't find out you had been arrested until close to midnight...Your husband called me then and told me you had been arrested." said Yvette.


She looked a little surprised....Then sad..






We knew she knew Spanish and we knew we were being listened to, so in Spanish we told her that we had A Bail Bondsman, A Night Court Appearence set up and Charactor witnesses... We spoke to her in Spanish..

She smiled...then in English she said.

"Vettie, I love these four....I remember when you were talking to their parents and going around to get them to sign offer sheets....I knew they were special kids...and look at them now...Under your tuteledge they've become fine attorneys....I love em." she said, smiling at us...

"You just sit tight...We are going to get you out." said Yvette.
Jade knew Lt. Tragg was outside watching and not so secretly listening to everything said.. The Spanish had totally confused him... She waved at him through the two way window..
He furiously stomped his foot.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

6 comments:

Toni said...

It never ceases to amaze me that there is an obvious suspect and Lt. Tragg arrests the wrong man and is going with his ridiculous theory that a woman had to have done this..He won't hear any other theory.

James Perkins said...

How does this guy, Lt. Tragg keep a job?

Anonymous said...

Great sex scene as usual..Had me tossing my panties up!

Angie B, said...

Lt. Tragg is a sexist knothead....

Sunflower said...

Lt. Tragg simply will not listen to anyone give him another perspective, especially a female lawyer or doctor....It would have to come from a white male over him.. He's riding with.his ridiculous theory that a woman had to have done this..He won't hear any other theory. An emotional woman did this...What a rigid jackass.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Have to agree with you there Sunflower.