Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The End Of Neglect


 The "Fishbowl", the nickname, the detectives gave to the interrogation room... smelled like urine, vomit, filthy sweat socks and a combonation of other things...


Blake Daniels sat quietly while Lt. Tragg grilled him... He winced at the horrible smell....It was hot in here also...He needed Water, Coffee....anything....



Lt. Tragg pointed to the gun on the table.

"It passed ballistics, it is the murder weapon and your fingerprints and palm prints are on it....You killed Victor Damone...I know he owed you somewhere upwards to 2 Million dollars in unpaid legal fees for three cases you represented him in last year....Two of which you lost....Not too good a lawyer eh?" he said and laughed..



"I didn't kill him...That's not my gun...I've never seen that gun before in my life and that's all I am going to say.." said Blake Daniels..


''And that's all you have to say." came the voice of Attorney Laverne Scott..

"LAVERNE!!" he said....surprised to see her...He hadn't seen her in weeks..


"Hi Blake..." said Yvette...We brought you some legal counsel...Olivia, Beverly and crew.." she said.

"Hello Liv..." said Blake. 

"Hello Blake."said Olivia.
 
"Fancy meeting you here." I said, trying to manage a smile..


"Yes...Fancy." he said and smiled.. "Hi Beverly." he said.


"Hello Blake." said Beverly.
"Hi Blake" said Nelson...


"Hi Blake." said Josie...



"Hi Blake." said Bresha.



"Hello girls" he said softly.. He thought Olivia's niece Beverly and her two female attorneys, Josie and Bresha were three of the sexiest, yet sweetest women around. 

"What is this...Old Homes week?" asked Lt. Tragg snarkily....

"I thought you had to do 200 hours of uh Sensitivity Training before you could be back on the streets." said Beverly...



"For your information I've done 175 hours already....and with just 25 hours to go....I put myself back on the beat and not a minute too soon... I've got Motive, Opportunity and a murder weapon with his fingerprints....and you guys got no way to defend him except insanity or what is this you call it.."Diminshed Capacity...Heh heh heh..." he laughed.,

"I see you've learned a legal term...How sway." said Olivia.



"If you don't mind, can we have the room please?" asked Laverne Scott
..who just a few months ago had herself been arrested and charged with murder by Lt. Tragg. There was no love lost between her and him.



He stared at all of them balefully for a minute.. then calmly left the room..  They knew there was a listening device in the room.


"I haven't heard from you in a few weeks...I realized you've been pretty busy...." said Laverne..."When I heard you'd been arrested..I called Yvette....but she and her team are in the middle of a big case in Federal Court ,so I called Liv...." said Laverne..


"Thank you Laverne....Thank you Yvette and Olivia...."said Blake.

"My guys are teamed up with Wrongful Conviction/Conviction Integrity Unit and the Innocence Project on a big federal case...We go to court in a day or two... Liv agreed to pinch hit for us..." said Yvette. 

Olivia made the shush sign and pointed to a small listening device near the floor..
 "You just sit tight...we are going to get you arraigned and out of here as fast as possible.." said Olivia, who knew that as a fellow attorney, Blake knew not to say anything about the circumstances of his case..

I pointed to the listening device.....
Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha saw it and wisely said nothing.









"Take care Blake, you'll get through this." said Yvette.


"Thank you all and especially thank you Laverne." said Blake.

''Oh you're quite welcome.." said Laverne..smiling seductively...

Giving him a wet sloppy kiss......that lasted a lot longer than anybody suspected it would or should.



Lt. Tragg watched as Laverne, Yvette and us all filed out of the "Fishbowl" and headed back to the commuter train..

Laverne stared back at him....She totally despised Lt. Tragg..
"You gonna night court him Olivia?" asked Yvette., once we were outside...

"Yeah, that's the quickest way to get him out...and the next session is tomorrow night..."said Olivia.
 
"I'll call our Bail Bondsman friend and have him ready." I said.


"We forgot to tell Blake to pack an overnight bag, that he'd be staying with us.." said Beverly...
"We gotta get him out first Honey bun." said Nelson.

"If we night court him..We'll get him out..." said Josie.

"We've got to work fast." said Bresha.


"Olivia, uh can I stay too?   I know you're not running a hotel but-" asked Laverne.

"I'm certain he won't mind....I saw that kiss you laid on him...."laughed Olivia.

"I saw it too...Come on ,let's get out of here and grab some breakfast." said Yvette.


We all got on the train and headed back to Yvette's building....


II-

We all found ourselves at the Bridge Building...

 In their Ultra Modern Cafeteria , that was like a five star restaurant.....Having lunch with our friends.

"It's great to have a place like this to eat...isn't it husband?" said Olivia, sitting on my lap..
 
"Yeah, a place we can eat in peace. and that has so much good food." I said.


''Well it was good while it lasted....but I don't mind eating here....The food is good."said Beverly.
''It's almost like being on a date." joked her husband, Nelson.

"It Looks date Like, but the food is a lot cheaper in price."laughed Josie....
"Yeah how about that?" said Paris, her husband, who was taking classes virtually today....

Bresha was so glad to be able to eat with her husband today....
Tony was equally glad to be able to eat with her....He couldn't keep his hands off of her.


They were kissing passionately.....


 



 "Liv, you and the guys can hang out upstairs in my suite the rest of the day if you like and can go home with us after dinner." said Yvette.



"Thanks Vettie, but we'll be leaving after lunch....We are cooking dinner at our place tonight." said Olivia.

"Oh Okay...... You guys ready for trial tomorrow?" she asked her four young charges.

''We 're as ready as we'll ever be.." said Keith Jones.
"Our client is squared away in the hotel down the street and knows to be in court tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM. She'll be meeting us here." said Bee Bee.
''We are ready for Voir Dire ." said Sofia.
"And we've got all of our witnesses prepped." said Kahlil..

"They're as ready as they'll ever be." said Jade.

"Good...I know Jessica ,Chip, Karen, Brooke, Natalie, David and Sean are ready.." said Yvette.


"They're ready Ms. Yvette." said Virginia.

Her husband, Jetty squeezed her tight..

 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I'm ready too!" he moaned..


"Horn dog, you're always ready.." laughed Virginia.

''So....You and Blake Huh? That night you didn't come out with us....He was your visitor huh?" said Olivia with a smile.
"Yeah.....We've been attracted to each other for years...but outside of a mild flirtatious glance., there was nothing....I was married and he respected that. Then when I got in trouble and he heard I'd left Lenny....He stopped by and we uh kinda got together at long last." said Laverne.
"So you two are a thing now huh?" asked Yvette.

''Well not really? I stayed with him for about two weeks after the trial in his condo...before getting a place of my own.  We've talked maybe three times since then...but we've both been busy with court and litigations...I know I have.. and we haven't really seen each other until now." said Laverne.


''Well your divorce has been finalized now and you're free as a bird." said Yvette.


"Nice Liberating feeling isn't it?  That's how I felt when I divorced my first husband." said Olivia.




"Yes it kinda is." said Laverne.


While at the table behind us....

"What I like about this place there is always such a combonation of good meals we can eat..."said Jazzy..
 
"Variety is the spice of life. Good Food and Good Company."laughed Dabnis.


"After work...when we get home...You wanna stop by Bridgets Jaz ma taz? She's got some new pieces in." said Kayla..
"Yes Lawd...by all means....Stop by there..." said Ray...



"Hell, I'll drive you."laughed Dabnis.

''They are more excited than we are." laughed Jazzy.
"Yeah I know. We are just going to look...We might not buy."laughed Kayla.. 

While at another table...another conversation was going on-


"We ready for trial tomorrow?" asked Jessica.
"Yeah we are ready." said Chip..


"I don't expect this trial to last more than four or five days."said Karen.


''Me neither.."said Natalie who was sitting on her husband's lap...
"I've got my opening argument ready..." said David...
"I'm ready for Voir Dire. So is Keith and Kahlil." said Brooke.
"Good ,then we are all ready to go." said Sean.


"I am sooooo glad we don't have anything going this week."said Zoey...

"I am too!" said her husband Lem.

"We can Netflix and chill tonight and cuddle up." said Renee.


"I especially like that."said her husband, Tyrell.


"You know you're going to have my clothes off and on the floor within the first half hour." giggled Renee.





 THE NEXT NIGHT- 8:00 PM  COURTROOM C.


In Philadelphia, Night Court only operates two nights a week....Tuesday and Thursday, Tonight was Tuesday...and fortunately...We got an arraignment date of 8:00 pm. 

Lt. Tragg was not here tonight... Night court was too low profile for him...No witnesses...No media..and a bunch of  Judges  and ADA's who were mostly older Judges and ADA's about to retire...It was lightweight. It was in session from 7:00 pm- 10:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays...We were quite fortunate to get a date.


The ADA that did show up was not going to be the ADA that tried the case...He had only the basic out line of the case at hand... He basically wanted to go home...So he didn't really put up much of a fight.

We presented 22 charactor witnesses , all from the courthouse.



Blake Daniels, a respected Corporate Attorney , naturally had no criminal record whatsoever...and we argued that he was not a flight risk....

He was released on his own recognizance..without bail..and surprisingly without having to wear an ankle monitor..

"Olivia, Beverly, Donnie Ray, Josie ,Nelson and Bresha...I can't thank you enough....what a horrendous two days...." said Blake Daniels, newly freed ,awaiting trial and very happy... 

"I told you we'd get you out....We are going to take a chance and go to Sam Mother's.....I know you're famished...Then we are going to drop you off at your condo...For your safety and more importantly for your peace, you are going to stay with us in our sub-basement apartment for the duration of the trial."said Olivia.



"I've seen your basement apartment...I uh visited Laverne , when she was staying there...Very nice, very comfortable.." he said, smiling sheepishly...He didn't know if we knew that or not.
 
"Come on, let's get you some food man..." I said.


"Let's get out of here."said Beverly...
Nelson looked at our Bail Bondsman..

"Sorry Pal." he said.


"Hey it's Okay....It's fine with me..." said our Bail Bondsman, waving and leaving..

Josie and Bresha were with their husband's tonight...


"Let's go...I'm not hungry, but I could use a cup of coffee." said Josie.
"Yeah, I could too." said her husband, Paris.

''Well this was the eady part." said Bresha.
"Yupper..." said her husband Tony...



We all went to Sam Mother's Diner... It was 9:30 pm....Too late for Lt. Tragg to be coming in..

Blake was famished and quaffed down a dinner of Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas and Carrots..

While we all had steaming hot cups of coffee...


We took him to his condo and hung out while he showered and shaved and put on a fresh suit and fragrance and packed an overnight bag or two... He left his car in the condo's indoor parking lot...




We drove him to our Office/Duplex....

Beverly passed him a key....

"Nelson and I already gave you fresh sheets and pillow cases..." she whispered..


He smiled...

"Thank you." he said.  "I'll see you all in the morning." he said.

"He might!" I said and smiled...
"Stoppppppppppp" chuckled Olivia....
Nelson chuckled too....



Sean opened the door and walked downstairs to our sub-basement apartment... and to his surprise...

"Hello Blake, I'll be your room-mate.....I hope you don't mind..."said Laverene, lying across the bed...


His eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets... 

"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he exclaimed...."No I don't mind at all." he said..His trousers standing out like a circus tent.....


Laverne noticed and smiled....

"I told Olivia you wouldn't mind..." she said.



III-

Tender was the night...
In the sub-basement of our Office/Duplex....
Laverne sat on the bed in a pink net neglige'
"Oh Laverne....I'm soo sorry I haven't called you....I don't want you to think that all I was about was one night of sex and that was it... I will be more attentive in the future...I promise.." said Blake..


"You can start making it up to me by getting undressed and making love to me.." whispered Laverne...
She had gone to Bridget's with Jazzy, Dabnis and Kayla and Ray earlier this afternoon while we were in court and bought this negligee, the bra and the panties...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABBBBBYYYYYY!" he moaned as he absorbed her butter soft kisses...."YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOD!" he said..

"AND YOU'RE SO DAMN HARD AND BIG!" she said, unzippering his trousers and fondling and softly stroking his engorged and erect penis...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LOOK AT YOUUU!" she said.

"LOOK AT YOUUUUUU!" he said, sucking her huge breasts...
"Ummmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuu Blake, Oh my Godddd....YOU ARE A BIG BOY...WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she exclaimed....

"You've got two hands..." he exclaimed...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSS...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she exclaimed...
as they continued to embrace as he carefully took his clothes off... He smelled great, she noticed , like he'd showered and changed before coming here....Not like a man who had been locked up for two days..
He unhooked her bra, which she was still wearing..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOD LAWD!" he exclaimed.

and slipped her panties down.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GIRRRRRRRL!!" he moaned...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm let me put this ass all on you.." said Laverne as she moved up and down on him on the side of the bed......

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWD!" he cried out , nearly going insane..
She rode him slowly, sweating profusely.....her body trembling...tears streaming down the side of her face....her head moving from side to side....She was having an embarrassingly quick orgasm.....

Blake's eyes were nearly rolling into the back of his head....No way he was going to neglect this woman again...
The sex got hotter, steamier.....Laverne had her second orgasm of the night......

"UMMMMMMMMMM  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BABYYYYY!" she cried out..
He spread her legs and entered her from behind...while she stretched out over the dresser drawer...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! OHHHHHHHH BLAKE, YOU NASTY DOG YOU!!! WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" she cried out..


Soon they were on the floor really going at it.....

He entered her on the bed slowly....

"OHHHHHH...OHHHHHH MY GODDD!  BLAKE!" she cried out.. She was  sweating profusely.....her body trembling...tears streaming down the side of her face....her head moving from side to side....She was having another embarrassingly quick orgasm.....her third....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WOMAN!!! " he cried out......as the bed began to squeak and rock back and forth...the headboard shaking and rattling....
They made sweet sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS

"I'm never going to lose touch with you....I'm never going to neglect you again..." he said trying to catch his breath as he came like a gusher....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWD!!!" he cried out...He came so hard, he thought he might be dying..

Laverne had one last intense orgasm....that left her stunned...and her left foot shaking long afterword...



Both of their bodies were drenched in sweat.....

"Thank you....Thank you for coming to see about me...and getting me these great lawyers..." he said...

"You're welcome....Thank you for the orgasms....wouuuuuuuuuuuuu." she said..

They both laughed as she lie on top of him and they drifted off to sleep...



IV-

THURSDAY MORNING!

Lt. Tragg was livid, Learning that Blake Daniels had been arraigned and released...and on his own recognizance at that...He had been released two nights ago.

"WHAT IS THIS COURT SYSTEM COMING TO? HE'S A MURDER SUSPECT DAMNIT!" he bellowed.


He rushed over to his condo....He was not there and no one had seen him there, he was told.


"He's at Liv's....or at least they know where he is." he mused..





At this very moment... Laverne and Blake were in the shower of our sub-basement apartment with hot soap and hot water flowing over their bodies, enjoying a sweet kiss...

While four floors up...We were enjoying breakfast..





"Dig in everybody....everything is ready..." said Alfreda...








There were eggs to order, Hash Browns, Crisp Bacon and Butter milk Biscuits and gravy.....


''We missed Breakfast yesterday, but we weren't going to miss it this morning....Ummmmmmm Ummmmp, this looks like some fine good eatin." said Blake Daniels...smiling...
"Oh My God Liv...Do you guys eat like this every day?" asked Laverne Scott. 

"As much as possible...when we aren't in court..I remember so many missed meals when I was a young Public Defender...I always said when I started my own law firm, my attorneys and staff were going to have a good breakfast to start the day off with." said Olivia.
 
''When I was a Homicide detective in New Orleans, I had to eat when I could...You know always on a case...Late night stake outs...but not any more." I said.


"This is the life eh Donnie Ray?  Me and Nelson missed meals to as Public Defenders...Having to be in court at 8:00...getting out at 12:00 sometimes .."said Beverly..
"Or 1:00 and missing breakfast and lunch...This is pure heaven." said Nelson.

"Bresha and I didn't have any experiences like that...but we are grateful for this." said Josie.

"Well Law School was like that...Depending on what time our classes were...We could very well miss a meal or two..  There was a little diner in Bayside that we all ate at...." said Bresha.

"I'm aware of it...Dangerfields... I eat there with a few of the students...when I lecture at Middleton....I'm going to take you with me the next time I lecture Bree.." said Olivia.




Alfreda pulled out a tray of scrapple...



"I made scrapple yall." she said...

"AWWWWW FREDA, NOW YOU'RE TALKIN." I said...
"AWWWWWWW MRS. C." said Nelson, whose mouth was watering..

"Ummmmmmm Ummmmp, this looks like some fine good eatin." said Blake Daniels...smiling...

"Ms. Alfreda is a hit with the guys."laughed Laverne...

''She is ,isn't she?" said Olivia smiling.


We had just started eating good when we heard the doorbell ring and a loud knocking on our door..



Our doorbell monitor screen revealed , who else, Lt. Tragg.



"OLIVIA, BEVERLY!! FRONT AND CENTER.....I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!!!!  ANSWER THIS DOOR.." he bellowed.

''We gonna answer that Liv?" asked Nelson.
"No, we are going to finish our breakfasts." said Olivia.
"So much for his sensitivity training." quipped Beverly, as we all laughed and continued eating our food.


(TO BE CONTINUED)

6 comments:

Toni said...

Another good outing Keith

Angie B. said...

I am simply loving this story Keith

Sunflower said...

Loving the continuation of Blake and Laverne's story...

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties to the rafters

Judith said...

@Anonymous-But of course..

James Perkins said...

LMAO!