Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fish In The Net


I sat in Dunkin Donuts by myself enjoying a hot steaming tumbler of coffee when Attorney Chance Howard, Robert Foxworth's young protoge walked in with two dossiers...He ordered a large coffee and joined me at the booth I was sitting in...It was early morning...Just before people would be starting on their way to work..

''What'cha got Chance?" I asked.

"This is the background checks you wanted on Anthony Carter and Cordell Rodgers." he said.

"Good, Good." I said as I drank my coffee and read them...

"Kev..I don't understand....Aren't you workin for Anthony Carter?" he asked.

"I was...He's paid me for my uh "services"... I just wanted to know who I had been dealing with, that's all." I said.

Chance Howard smiled..."That's called bein cautious right?" he laughed..

I looked up and smiled at him..."Yeah, you might say that...I call it staying alive ." I said.

We both smiled... My Android went off.... It was Clerow!  He and Owen Todd had found the car dealership that Sonny Byrd used as a front and had led Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson to it...They had broken in and wired the place for video and sound...
In addition to Man-Man's car...We could listen in to what happened there and what happened there was very interesting....

At least five major -major area players came by to set up arrangements for drug purchases...The conversations were with Man-Man...None were with Sonny Byrd himself...and from what we had gleaned...a Major shipment was due sometime this week...

"What's good Clerow?" I asked...

"We found the warehouse boss....Me, Owen and Sean Jackson was there and we got photos..good photos you can use." He said.

"Any activity?" I asked...

"One truck came in...but no sign of any of the guys we saw on the other videos and tapes..." he said.

"No sign of Sonny Byrd?" I asked.

"Nah..Just Man-Man." he said.

"Good Work...Stay on it." I said.

"Got'cha..."He said and hung up.

''Wow..Looks like you got somethin cookin." said Chance Howard.

"Well a little somethin somethin...Won't help me find my killer though." I said.

"Well ...I'll be goin...I got to catch up some sleep..I'm off today." he said...

"Okay Chance..Thanks for the legwork bruh." I said.

"Anytime..Hope that helps you Kev." he said as he got up and walked out...

I continued to pore over the dosiers on both Anthony Carter and Cordell Rodgers...

II-


A few hours later ,I was on my way to Peeping Tom's house in Northeast Philadelphia..He said he had something good for me to hear and see....I knew what that meant...We had finally caught Sonny Byrd himself on tape!!!

It was better than even I could hope...Here he was on video at his Used car Lot with Man-Man and four of the five playas who were buying heroin and coke from him...

"Okay boys...the shipment is coming in tomorrow..You know where to pick it up at...Best Heroin and Coke this area has ever seen.....I'm importin it from a guy named ..and get this.."Bahama Joe" in Newark,New Jersey and he's gettin it from overseas off a boat....Now it's been stepped on a little..So your guys are going to have to cut it and mix it with quinine or whatever you're usin...but I got it for ya baby." he said.

"Hey Sonny...Man, people been o.din left and right on that junk." said one guy..

"And? " said Sonny...

"Well, I can't sell it if I aint got no customers." he said...The whole room broke out in laughter...

"Them hop heads will tell their friends it's the ultimate blast...They too stupid to know that they dyin from it....They'll always figure that they won't be the one..." said Sonny Byrd...

They all laughed again....

"Okay Sonny..We'll be there tomorrow..What time?"

"We want the drop to be at noon...Broad daylight....Nobody will be expecting that." he said.

Peeping Tom looked at me and laughed....

"My friend...I think you got him...You got him and a few fish in this net." he laughed.

"Yeah..He doesn't realize it...but I'm probably saving his life...I think I know who my killer is." I said.

"It aint him and his henchmen?" asked Peeping Tom...

"No...it was never him....but it's all about him though." I said.

III-



The next day....A truck drove up to the warehouse and acting on an anonymous tip that was given to them...The DEA and the Philadelphia Police Drug Enforcement Unit moved in and seized enough Heroin and Coke to juice up a quarter of the city....They arrested 25 people on the scene and later on in the day, All five of the major players and several of their associates were picked up too...



Man -Man was arrested also ,along with three other men...but the man himself,Sonny Byrd was nowhere to be found!!!!!

This was both good and bad...With The arrests and the raids....The bad dope was off the streets..but Sonny Byrd, who I had no love for and who was now in the wind was still out there..a target for the killer I was trying to take down...

We got one last call from the Used Car lot...

''Hello"

''Yeah Hello you lousy son of a bitch..What's goin on down there in Philly?" asked the angry caller...

"Hey man..I'm tryin to find out myself..." said Sonny Byrd...

"Man..it's bad enough all of those folks got popped by the feds...but somebody was runnin their big mouths and The FBI in Newark popped Bahama Joe in Newark! He was our latest connect...." said the voice.

"Hey none of my people was talkin..maybe it was somebody in your house."

"The man was in his drawers ..in his boxers and the Feds rolled up on him and arrested him...Got his whole stash...Now we got people up here short...First that bum Johnny Porter..Now you...We gone have to come to Philly and straighten this out!"


"Well come on wit it then....Don't talk about it...be about it..I aint afraid of you guys." said Sonny Byrd..

"Okay Big Shot...I'll be seein ya."

"Wait..Wait! I didn't mean that.heyyyyy...sayyyyyy."

Click!"
Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson,Owen Todd, Sean Jackson, Clerow,Kool Kat and I sat around the table at his house laughing our heads off.

I suddenly stopped laughing...

"What's the matter Kev?" asked Kool Kat.

"Man this makes matters worse." I said.

"How come?" he asked.

"They sending a hitman to take Sonny Byrd out....Which will complicate things...." I said.

"How so?" asked Clerow...

''Sonny might go to ground....He was hard enough to find as it was...and I need him either off the street or on to lead me to my killer..Now we gotta deal with two gunmen."I said.

"It might work itself out." said Kool Kat..

"It might or it could be an even bigger mess." I said.

"We still gonna bait the trap?" asked Sean Jackson...

"Sure am...and we gotta do it fast..." I added.

(Conclusion Next....)

1 comment:

Arthienterprises said...

Thank you for sharing this post.I hope you will post again soon.Kind regard fishing net