Thursday, July 25, 2013

"I'm Gonna Kill You So Good"

I ran into the mine shaft with Slim Shady on my heels...He could run...Like me ,he was a former marine...It was getting dark in here...I had to slow him down...I found a piece of plywood... and when he got close,I cracked him in his chest, then cracked him across the legs and then broke it over his head...

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sweet lawd..Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned as he fell to the ground...

I continued running...

"I'm gonna kill you so good." he said as he chased me... I was a good distance away and I could see that he was severly injured...bleeding profusely from the nose and lips...and wincing in pain with every move...I sailed a rock from a distance that beaned him in the head...He fell to the ground...

"Awwwwwwwwwwww...Owwwwwwwwwww......damn it...just wait...just wait til I catch you....I'm gonna kill you so good.." he moaned in obvious agony...I had done a number on him...

He had been so cocky...so sure of himself and like most of my adversaries...He had overplayed his hand...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawd... Agrhhhhhhhh...I'm gonna make you pay for this....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned...

He was leaving a trail of blood...

"You need medical attention man." I said.

He fired another wild shot in my direction...Like the other three...It missed...

I had been counting bullets...but then I heard him reload... Damn it!.. I started running again...and so did he...

He was a hell of a man, I have to give him that....One of the toughest guys I'd ever fought...

I saw some wooden steps and ran up them...and there he was , with that gun aimed at me...

"It's all over buddy...I figured you'd run this way...Don't you know I know every inch of this place? give it  up." he said.

I picked up a peice of wood and hurled it at him...He shot it...and then I beaned him with another rock and
ran back down the steps....

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...Ohhhh good lawd! that hurt." he moaned...

By the time he got up off the ground...I was rounding another corner... It was darker now...I had to listen...To listen for his footsteps...

II-


Funny what you think about when your life is in danger...I thought about my wife Sepia...

I was quiet for a long while....The thought of a normal quiet life was appealing...for a minute...I think Sepia was reading my mind...
She put her arms around me and said...

"And see ,that's why I married you, that's why I stayed with you more than just a week....I knew from the day I met you that you were going to be an exciting man and that I'd never be bored.." she said.

"Neither in or out of bed." I said.

"That's right." she said and gave me a wet sloppy kiss.


I kept running... I sat down to catch my breath....I don't know where  Slim Shady was.....I smiled thinking about Sepia...I sure missed my wife and was more determined than ever to see her again!!

I was thirsty...I could sure use some water right about now...I was hot and thirsty and hallucinating...I found myself thinking about Carlotta's cousin, Detective Mercedes Rodriguez..

But!" she said...
"But nothing!!!...One day you're going to be a Lieutenant and have detectives under you, following your wise lead...These are the type of cases you'll tell em about that you cracked...that made you great...And I wouldn't be saying this ,If I didn't already think that you're a great detective." I said..

Tears began to stream down her face...I was surprised...This tough as nails, wise cracking detective was crying???

''What's the matter?" I said.

"I'm...I'm frightened for you...I don't want you to get hurt.." she said.


"Baby,I do this for a living." I said.

I smiled thinking about her.....Then finally, I thought about Sissy....My good friend ,Lt.Sissy Van Buren..

She pulled me to her and hugged me for a long while...That soft body of hers.. Those sensuous curves almost made me want to stay in this embrace a little longer, but I couldn't..
"There was a time when I didn't worry about you or hardly care about what you did...Shame.. You start liking somebody and then you start caring about them." She said.



"And worrying..."I added and smiled..

"That too." she said and we both laughed.



I had made up my mind that I was going to live!!!...My life was not going to end here, like this...Never to be seen again...never to be heard from again...To be a mystery...Uh Uh...Not like this...It was time to end this game right now!
III-


It had gotten quiet...I knew why...He was a hunter...He was listening ,waiting for me to make a move...Like he said...He knew this mine shaft...I crept along until I came across some more steps and a rickety little bridge that led  across a huge divide to an opening in which there was daylight....I crept across the bridge and then I looked down...The drop was about steep...I treaded lightly and just like I said...As soon as I got to the other side...There he was at the end I had just came from...!!!! He had waited me out...


"It's all over Kevin...You'll never make it out of here...The drop is too far down..." he said as he snickered and headed across the bridge after me...


I unholstered my .22 from my ankle holster....


"You forgot something Slim....This!" I said....


His eyes got as wide as saucers....


I fired twice...One shot hit him in the shoulder....The second shot hit him in the leg...He fell backwards...


"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I don't believe it!!!...I don't believe this!!!....I'VE BEEN SHOT!!!!!" he screamed... He struggled to get back up....I fired one more time...It entered just above his heart....Blood was now splattering out of him..He backed up and the bridge collapsed with him on it...!!!


"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed as he fell  down, deep into the shallow stream....!!


I heard his body hit the stream and saw his lifeless body lying there...Eyes wide open...Dead as a doorknob...Water becoming redder by the second.....just splashing over his lifeless body!


I had survived...and the criminal career of Christopher "Slim Shady" Cummings had come to an end... He'd kill no more!!!!


IV-


I called The New Jersey State Police and told them what had happened...How he had kidnapped me in Philly and took me here to kill me...They were well aware of who he was...


I hinted that he had told me there were more bodies in this mine shaft....


In the coming days...They unearthed 79 bodies... All murder victims , and dating back two decades...Who knows how long this monster had been killing?  How fitting that he met his end at his dumping site!
V-


I drove Sim Shady's Cadillac back to Philly and parked it in front of Philly Pierce's girlfriend's house...up on the pavement and left it there...He'd find out about it..


I had Sepia pick me up in her car with a spare pair of keys...She drove me to my car....




"Wow Lover...You killed that hitman...Is it over? " she asked in between wet sloppy kisses...

I grabbed Sepia and held her close to me...


"Yeah...pretty much." I laughed...

"Let's go home and catch up." she said smiling....

"I couldn't think of a better idea." I said.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)




1 comment:

Sunflower said...

Wow...Incredible writing...Loved the dream sequences where Kevin is thinking about the women who care about him...Sepia, Mercedes and Sissy...Very violent ,very intense...yet touching at the same time.