Friday, July 19, 2013

The Wire

Our new home was beautiful...I liked it better than my old loft, which I had just sold a week before..Carlotta and I had been in our new home for two weeks...She was ecstatic..

"First time I've lived in a house since I lived with my Parents and my sister." she said.

"Me too..I've always lived in apartments...We are homeowners babes." I said.

"You and me...Yuppper!" she said and put the baskets of clothes down....

I pulled her to me and began kissing her...Long, sloppy ,wet kisses...

She returned my passion...I eased her over to the sofa and slowly mounted her ,kissing her like it was going out of style...We eventually rolled on to the floor....

We both laughed.....

"Don't you want to hear the rest of the story?" she asked in between kisses, some initiated by me, some initiated by her...

I managed to sit myself up...and catch my breath....

"Yeah..I do...how bout afterwords?" I joked..

"And you talk about them!!! You are all over me.." she said...Then she looked at me slyly...

"But I'm not complaining..." she said and we continued kissing for a few minutes...

"Okay...wow...I don't want to get too worked up..We got to put these clothes away...Tell me the rest of the story.." I said.

Carlotta kissed me on the side of my neck and giggled....

"Okay, I'll continue with the story ,because it gets good now." she said.

II-

ROBBERY-HOMICIDE DIVISION , EARLY SUMMER 2010

The next morning when I arrived with two tumblers of coffee, to my surprise...my partner, Detective Tyriq Pile already had a cup... and sitting at my desk was Detective Serena Harris..

He looked almost embarrassed when he saw me come in...So did she...She immediately stood up...So did he, which I found hillarious...

"Oh I'm sorry...I'm at your desk..." she said.

"Oh Heyy Top...uh..I-I- was uh discussing particulars of the case with uh...uh.. Serena,Detective Harris." he said.

I smiled...Sure you were Rico I thought, but did not say...

"It's okay...You can sit there..I'll give this extra coffee to Sgt. Ho..." I said.

Other cops and detectives were slowly starting to come into the office to replace the night shift guys.. It was then I heard a familiar  voice...

"Top-Top..What's good Baby?" came the unmistakable voice of Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor...

I hugged him...I hadn't seen him in about a year....

"Dukeeeeeeeee, how you doin papi?" I said...

"They treatin me well in Homicide...I'm on loan to Special Investigations for awhile...That's why I come over here..I hear you and my boy, Tyriq are on Felton and you got my undercover, Serena workin with you." he said.

"Yes..We got a meet with Felton tonight..." I said.

''We got to get her wired up properly.." said Duke.

"I hope you guys do a better job than what you did with me." I said.
"Please tell me that Duke and Tyriq didn't wire you up girl?" said Serena...

"Well not personally, but the person they got ,got me a bra that was way too small ,that popped open during my undecover sting...It's a miracle ,I was still able to pull it off successfully...and the dress they issued me was too tight and too short.." I said.

"So that's why they call you Top?" she said.

"Yeah." I said.

Serena laughed...

"Men!..They had an old white woman wire you didn't they? uh Detective Mooney, Jill Mooney right?" she said.

''Yeah...you too?" I asked.

"Nooo...I wouldn't let her near me...She's nearsighted....She needs to retire... I wear my own clothes and my own bra...I don't allow them to pick..." she said giving Duke the side eye... He laughed sheepishly...

"Relax...I brought my Lieutenant and her detective with me...They know how to wire women properly. And for your information...Detective Mooney retired a month ago." he said.

It was then that I saw her for the second time in my career...Boss Lady....Lt. Sissy Van Buren...!!!!

 She walked in the office with Detective Angie Belton...

They both knew Rico...


"Hey Lou.." said Tyriq..

"Hey Rico..." said Sissy.

''Ricoooo Suave!" said Angie..

"What's up Baby?" said Tyriq laughing at her nickname for him...

''We came to help Detective Harris get wired..." said Angie....

"How's Sgt Ho treating you?" laughed Sissy...

Just then Sgt. Danny Ho walked out of his office-
''Well I'll be...Lieutenant Sissy Van Buren, how long has it been?" he said.

"Heyyyy Danny." she said and hugged him warmly...

"He was one of my best detectives, helped me out immensely when I first took over Homicide..." she said...Then she looked at me...

"Carlotta?? Detective Carlotta Rodriguez?? I met you last year...I've been reading the dailies...You've got quite a clearence record..." said Sissy.

 I smiled.. I was honored that she knew who I was..

"She's one of my best....Keeps this one in line." he said smiling, looking at Tyriq who was engrossed in a conversation with Detective Harris.

Sissy eyed the two of them...

"Are they dating? I wasn't even aware they knew each other." she said.

"They just met a few days ago...Couldn't stand each other...Now all he talks about is her...Every minute and she comes over here before I even got in today with coffee for him and they been at that desk all morning..." said Sgt. Ho..

Sissy ,Angie and Duke cracked up....

"Wow..Mr. Smooth ,Mr. Sexual Chocolate is in love? Lawd help us." said Angie Belton who looked at me funny...

"Carlotta..Did you go to Girls High?" she asked.

"Yes...I did.." I said.

"You got an older sister named Carmen?" she asked.

"Yes." I said.

"I went to school with her..She was in my graduating class...I remember you..." she said.

I smiled...

''It is a very small world isn't it?" I said.

"It is.." she said.

"I went to Girls High too...Oh My God...Girl, we have got to hang out and talk...We are all family." said Sissy.


"Yes...I look forward to that." I said..


''Ahem...Oh Partner!!!..Give Detective Harris a break...They have to wire her." I said.

Tyriq looked sooo embarrassed...I had never seen him like this before...Finally that gruff interior of his was cracking...

"Oh..Oh sure..Go right ahead." he said.

Duke followed them out of the office ...Boss Lady turned around...

"Where do you think you're going?" she said.

"The bra is in my car...I was going to get it." said Duke...

"Nice try Duke...Get back to work..We got this." said Sissy..laughing out loud...

Angie and I  also laughed...

Sgt Ho shook his head...
''Duke, you aint changed a bit man...You're  still insane." he laughed..

"Hey ...I had to try...Top! ,Rico.Danny..Be Easy babe!" he said as he left....

Tyriq laughed and shook his head...Duke was his closest friend on the Philadelphia Police force..They had roomed together in the academy and  had been patrolmen together and had made detective together...Just like me and Jimmy.

III-

Tyriq sat quietly at his desk....I stared at him...We hadn't said anything in close to an hour..Just sitting ,looking over case work....

Finally ,I broke the silence..

"We are going to get Felton this time papi...He's got no one to forewarn him about anything.."I said.

Tyriq smiled...

"Yeah...This is going to feel good...Finally puttin that creep in braces....I had a great time last night Top.." he said suddenly changing the subject...

"Oh really ?"I said...Smiling...

"Yeah...Serena and I..I mean.... Detective Harris and I went to Minks....then I took her to this new spot..The Aqua Bar...We danced and drank well after midnight...and Top...I wouldn't tell anyone else this but you...because I trust you...We uh er spent the night together." he said.

"Wow!!! Really? Your place or hers?" I asked.

"My spot...It was the best sex I ever had in my life.." he said.

"Shouldn't this be a story you should be telling Duke? I mean I don't mind...but I'm not used to guys telling me this kind of stuff." I said and then laughed...I playfully patted him on the shoulder..

"Go ahead." I said..

"Top...I really like this woman...She went home right and four or five hours later ..She came back to my place...Said she didn't want me to oversleep...I thought that was so sweet of her.. I showered and shaved and got dressed and we left together...Got coffee at Sam Mother's joint and came here and just talked for hours...before Sarge and you and the others came in.." he said.

"Wowwwwww...You two went from hating each others guts to damn near a relationship....I want that kind of relationship one day...minus the hate." I said laughing...

"If you'd stop mooning over ADA Wallace and go say something to him..Who knows??..Maybe you two might hook up one day." said Tyriq...

"Me and Him? Never in a million years." I said.

"That why you turn so many dudes down Top...You waitin for him?" asked Tyriq..

"Or someone like him!!...But on our level." I said.

"Just do me one favor...Please don't go out with ADA Foster...I can't stand him...Only reason I put up with him at all is because him and Duke are friends..."said Tyriq..

"Rico...You never have to worry about that...I can't stand him either...He has been trying to get into my panties since I was a patrolmen riding around in a car...He'll never get any of this." I said.

"Good." said Tyriq.
"Somethin I should mention to you also that my C.I. told me." I said.

''What's that Top?" asked Tyriq.

"Our boy, Gerald Glenn Felton has a sweet tooth....He's sweet on Serena...Said he was going to tell her who he is and retire from a life of crime...after of course he pulls one last score...Plannin on going to school, getting a bachelors degree , the whole nine yards Rico...He's in love with her undercover alias..If she can draw him in...We got him...We got him cold and we'll have enough back up there to put him down if he tries any gunplay like a few nights before." I said.

Tyriq had the strangest look on his face...

"Wow...He's in love with who he thinks she is...I think I'm in love with her.." he said.

"What? You hardly know her?" I said.

"I know, that's what so strange about this...Top...Between Me and Duke and your boy Foster, We've run through a half a dozen women...on just this force alone...But I'm tired of that...I'm ready for something real..." he said.

I rubbed his back...

"You're a good guy Rico...I hope she's not playin you...I hope she's for real...I don't want to have to hurt her."I said.

Tyriq rubbed my hands softly...

"You're a good partner and a friend Top." he said.

IV-

Boss Lady and Angie returned to the office with Detective Harris within a few hours.....

Tyriq took one look at her and his eyes nearly fell out of his head..

"Wow!  Youu...You look great!" he said.

Serena smiled....

"Not usually what I hear before I go out on a sting, but I'll take it...Thanks Angie, Lieutenant." she said.

Boss Lady smiled..

"You're welcome....Now go get that perp." she said with a smile.

Serena and Tyriq walked over to the corner of the office and began talking quietly...Both all smiles and giggles...I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Detective Angie Belton pulled me to the side..

"Carlotta..I've known Rico and Duke...Since the academy...We all came up through the ranks together...Rico used to be somewhat of a player....This is a sweet girl, This Detective Harris...She really likes him...I mean really likes Rico...You shoulda heard how she talked to Sissy and me about him...Told us they went out for drinks last night...Spent the night together, She went by his place and woke him up this morning so he wouldn't over sleep...She's gone!" said Angie...

''Well thank goodness..because he told me the same thing...Told me he thinks he's in love with her!" I said.

"What? , They just met!!" said Angie..

''They got some kind of weird chemistry, some kind of strange love goin on." I said.

"Oh yeah..Strange love huh?  As bad as I want to be in a relationship...that over there!!! Those two scare me girl." said Angie Belton...

"Who you tellin?" I said and we high fived each other and laughed..

V- 

 "So basically, now we come to the part where we make the sting..." said Carlotta....

I smiled...
"Wow ,this is so interesting how all of you guys were just meeting and working on this case.....Jimmy,Duke,Sissy,Angie....You had no idea that you all would be working together one day did you?" I asked...

"You made that happen babes." she said and gave me a nice soft kiss...

"Yeah....I picked you all by your clearence records and ability to close cases....I was especially glad you were on that list.." I said...

"I was especially glad you picked me..." said Carlotta...

''So you really liked me all that time and you never acted on it huh?" I asked with a sly grin...

"You never made a move on me either." she said.

"You're right...I'm glad I finally got the courage to do it." I said.

"Me too..." she said....then busted out laughing...

"Knock it off....Tell me the rest of this story." I said.



(CONCLUSION NEXT)




6 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

Keith and Carlotta are so cute as a couple...Just love these two..

Cheryl said...

I'm enjoying this story! It's nice that Carlotta is telling it..She has an interesting point of view.

George S. said...

All this for a wire? I mean okay..but admit it...This story was just filler to introduce other charactors and to move the story along!

Angie B. said...

Always a know it all in every crowd! It was a nice story Keith..I enjoyed the dynamic of all of these charactors working together for the first time and not realizing that they are destined to work in a special unit one day!

Toni said...

Hard to believe a case hardened undercover Special Investigations Detective would fall for anybody so hard and so fast...but OK..I'll give you that...Tyriq doesn't strike me as the playa type..But I'll give you that too...The way I understood it..Keith Wallace, Duke, Soloman Foster and Robert Foxworth were the ladies men....and with the exception of Foster, All of them evolved or met the women that tamed them....Bonita Turner, Hazel Hunter and Carlotta Rodriguez..

Speaking of Foster...He was kind of hooked on Angie Belton...I doubt that he knows she is dating young Jimmy Barlow...That would be a good storyline...Him discovering that...I'm just saying.

Keith said...

You've read my mind Toni...I have been planning a storyline where Foster finds out that Angie is indeed involved with Jimmy...Don't know when you'll see it, but that is something that I have planned for the future.