Thursday, January 8, 2015

An Appeal To Humanity


The Zip drive was indeed an eye opener.....It had photos and videos of a pretty brown skinned Black girl...She looked happy, she looked about 23 or 24 years old....Then there was newspaper clippings about her...Apparently..She went missing from Rector's Bar on Christmas Eve..2012, never to be seen alive again...

Her skelatal remains were found in a wooded area in upstate Pennsylvania in the Spring of 2013....with two nice bullet holes in the skull... Her murder was never solved...

There were medical reports attached to the Zip Drive... Apparently at the time she vanished..She was
three months pregnant....

Why was Shawn Washington in possession of this? What was her being pregnant to him?

I asked Eva Corona about it...She knew nothing...

I got the answer when I talked to his family members...

The woman identified as Greta Morgan was his first cousin...They were just days apart in age and closer than siblings...

His Brother, Sister and mother told us that he took it hard when she vanished and spent all of his spare time trying to solve her disapearence...

They found her body and he was devestated...

I decided it was time to visit Sissy.

II-


Sissy and I stood on the rooftop of the C.I.D. building with two steaming hot tumblers of coffee and talked..

It was a brisk and cold morning...but Sissy liked to stand up here sometimes and think...

"Kevin that pistol you gave us was a godsend...It had Tony Locke's prints on it and the ballistics turned up a match for at least three cold cases we have on our books...One was Carlotta,Tyriq and Jimmy's case from last summer, Another was Sirena and Hop's case and still another was one of Duke's cases...They're able to close three cold cases thanks to you...We have an APB and a Bolo out for Tony Locke..." she said.

"Tell Hazel, his blood on the wall at Shawn Washington's apartment...She can get a DNA match too." I said.


Sissy looked at me and smiled....

"Hazel is checking the ballistics on Greta Morgan...We didn't handle that investigation..It was the State Police..We are waiting for them to send us their reports...At any rate..Carlotta,Rico,Jimmy,Sirena,Duke and Hop have been turning the city upside down looking for Tony Locke...They've checked the hospitals and all of the Mob doctors we know about who might have patched him up...We'll get him and get to the bottom of this.." she said.







"What about that man in the photo?" I asked..

"He's State Senator Gerald Lonigan...Very well connected...What does he have to do with this?"asked Sissy.

"Greta Morgan worked for him..."I said.

"He was questioned in 2013 by the State Police and cleared of any wrong doing...He was vacationing with his wife ,who was herself pregnant at the time."said Sissy..

"Okay, but he was in Rectors the night Shawn Washington was last seen."I said.

"And so were 1000 other people Kevin...You can't go after a man like that unless you have solid evidence...He's a career ender...Very well connected.." she said.

I frowned a bit..

Sissy gave me that sexy pouty look of hers...

"But.....If you get me something I can go on in that way that you do...I'll gladly lock him up..."she said.

I kissed her on the cheek...
"Be careful...." she said.

"Aren't I always?" I said.

III-
"What are you going to do...ask me for the address of every low life client I've ever repped?" laughed Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander....She and her pretty niece, Beverly West...Also an attorney and I were having lunch at a very Tony Diner....

"You must admit...Both of you did have some doozies.."I said.

Beverly giggled..

"That seems like a lifetime ago.." she said.

Olivia passed me a piece of paper...

"That's three known addresses for Ronnie Lawrence..." she said.

"Thank you baby..."I said.

"I kind of owe you." said Olivia...

"No you don't...We are friends...Anything I can ever do for you two ,just let me know."I said....and removed her hand that was going for her credit card...

"Your lunch is paid for...both of you..."I said.

"Awwww thank youuuu."they both said in unison and kissed me on both cheeks...

I giggled like a school boy.

IV-
"Sean Jackson, Lockpick Johnson and Peeping Tom got inside the Senator's condo and his private office and wired em both for sound and video and they cloned his phone so that we can listen and observe him.." said Clerow ,when I returned back to my headquarters...

"Good..You heard from Kool Kat and Owen Todd?" I said.

"They on their way." he said.

"Okay, good..You and Owen...go pick up Sepia and the baby...I got an address on Ronnie, our galloping drug dealer...Kools and I are gonna take him.."I said.

"Okay Boss....I'll keep monitoring this line until they get here..."said Clerow..

"Good Deal." I said.

V-
Olivia's information was right on the money....Walter "Kool Kat " Jones and I sat outside Ronnie Lawrence's tony condo...

He walked up within minutes of us arriving...I got out and walked over to him...I was wearing a brand new tailored suit..and very expensive matching shoes...

Upon seeing me he smirked..

"You dress too well to be a cop..So who are you? That Private Detective that's been askin people questions about Shawn Washington??"he said.

"I am.." I said.

"If I were you...I'd leave this alone." he said still smiling...

"Why? Because of Tony Locke?" I said.

"Yeah..He would be enough to make me back off..." he said.

"Seen him lately?  He aint in such good shape on account he got shot last night."I said matter of factly...

His entire demeanor changed...


"Hey..Look..If I'm caught talkin to you...I could die." he said...

Kool Kat walked up to him and pushed his gun in Ronnie's ribs and cocked it..
"If you don't talk to us..you could also die...Now let's get off these streets..Invite us inside." said the big man.

Ronnie Lawrence looked terrified...

"Is he serious?" he wimpered...

"I'm afraid he is...Let's go inside." I said, and by now he saw that I had a .38 smokeless in my hand..

We looked around and we all walked quietly inside his condo....

It was beautiful inside...

"Wow...Nice spot..This must cost you a mint Ronnie."said Kool Kat.

"I manage." he said...


I smiled...

"You know Ronnie...Do you know State Senator, Gerald Lonigan?  Of course you do...You two drink together....And for a long time I wondered what would a well heeled guy like him be doing associating with a low level Heroin dealer like you?  You have a number of arrests on your sheet...and each time you got popped...He had his personal assistant, a woman named Greta Morgan get the services of Robert Foxworth, Olivia Bennett, Beverly West, Chance Howard, Nelson East....All very good attorneys to defend you and get you off...One time...they couldn't....and you did your five years like the good soldier you were and came out and went right back on his payroll...Didn't you?"I said.

"Heyy now wait a minute." he said.

"Easy" said Kool Kat...

"You and the good Senator are quiet partners.....Everybody knows on the street that you're the man when it comes to Heroin.....You got all the corners in this part of town and you got the hot product...
You've made a fortune for a number of years very quietly and you've bank rolled Gerald Lonigan's campaigns....The money trail was pretty murky...but I figured it out... I know that you're the part owner of Nappy Headed Lou's Bars and Rectors....Kind of like a silent partner huh? and you launder your dirty money through both bars...Pretty smart..." I said.

"So if you know all this how come you aint arresting me?" he asked...
"Cause we aint cops fool."said Kool Kat.

"Shawn Washington" I said.

"What about him?" he asked.

"He was your boy...your childhood friend...."I said.

"Yeah,so what?" he said.

"So when he came to you asking you if you could hook his cousin, Greta Morgan up with a job, you more than obliged didn't you? After All, he knew about your connection to the State Senator didn't he?"I said.

"Yeah..He knew.." he said.

"Stop me if you've heard this part...Senator Lonigan liked the way Greta looked...Her curves had curves and she really could rock a mini-skirt...He had no problem hiring her...And soon she rose through the ranks to become his "Personal Assistant" didn't she?  I suspect she earned it staring at the ceiling didn't she?" I said.

Both Kool Kat and Ronnie laughed...

"Only problem...She comes to him one day and tells him she's pregnant and it's his baby....Now he's got a big problem....The Senator is engaged and his fiance is also pregnant and he's in the middle of a re-election campaign...News of this will ruin him...But Greta won't let it go and she threatens to go to the press and not only tell of their relationship, but his relationship with YOU and he can't have that..So Greta goes missing one Christmas Eve...Her remains are found in May....Wayyyy upstate somewhere....The State Police investigate, but get nowhere ,case goes cold..Fast forward to the future....Her cousin, Shawn, your boy has never been able to let go of what happened to her...HE does some snoopin of his own and he tells you and the good Senator that he knows the deal...She was pregnant with his baby and he had his enforcer ,Mr. Tony Locke take care of her...You and he quarelled openly on Christmas Eve, You told him to leave it alone...but he wouldn't shut up about it...and oh well...Now he's uh missing...Presumably dead...am I sounding familliar?" I said.

(All of this information was information Shawn Washington had compiled and put on his Zip Drive,he had done a pretty thorough investigation.))

"A Nice story...but just a story." he laughed...

"Kev walk outside...Let me appeal to his humanity." said Kool Kat, putting his gun away and cracking his big knuckles...

I shrugged...

"Okay man." I said..

"Nooo..Wait..WAITT!!!!!" he screamed...

I turned..

Kool Kat smiled...and whispered to me..

"Works Everytime.." he said..

I laughed...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: