Wednesday, March 11, 2015

As Good As Gone

This morning,I sat at a table in a Tony downtown Philadelphia Bistro alone...I wished my wife,Olivia was with me,but she was in court...Curtis Orwell's murder trial had begun and Olivia was in court defending him ..She said she felt kind of funny with Beverly not being with her...
 Beverly had finally coaxed Anita Brown out of bed and was meeting with her and the mayor and the mayor's team of lawyers on an almost daily basis.

Beverly said that she felt funny not having her Auntay with her ,when she was facing such a pack of wolves...but from what I observed the few times I dropped by our office where they were meeting, to see her..She was holding her own.

Olivia's case was going well..The state's case was basically circumstantial and with little real evidence...While Olivia had the drug evidence...Charactor witnesses for Curtis Orwell and the deceased murder victim's past criminal record on her side...

Unsavory stories about City Treasurer Bob McCloud were starting to come out in the trial and her client's belief that this was orchestrated to get him out of the way...and discredit him was starting to be heard by the jury, despite the ADA's motions to have this surpressed... The judge surprisingly allowed it to be heard.

As a result..Our office had been broken into twice and both times...the culprit went away empty handed....Nothing related to that case was in our office or our domiciles...

Which explained why I was in this tony bistro eating breakfast and pretending to work on my laptop today...

City Treasurer Bob McCloud was sitting just three seats from me...I was working on my laptop as was several other patrons...I had Orange Juice, Coffee and Scrambled Eggs and Bacon, with toast and jelly in front of me..

I also had a little gadget called a Surveillience Mike...that I got from fellow Private Investigator Kevin Morris and his main man,Peeping Tom...

I had it hidden under my newspaper....It had incredible pick up...I had it aimed at City Treasurer, Bob McCloud's table..He was meeting with the shadowy...Forrest Longley..

Bob McCloud looked clearly irritated...but so did Forrest Longley...

"What did you call me here for McCloud?? I like to keep a low profile.."said Forrest Longley...

"Yeah, and I want to stay out of prison...Did you find the documents?" he asked..

"No..I broke into the courthouse documents office...Whatever they have is not there." he said..

"What?  Did you check their safe deposit boxes?" he asked..

"Did that...It's not there either." he said.

"Damn it...Then she's got a P.I. and he must have it with him..."said McCloud..

"One thing I know..She's a damn good lawyer...She may be close to gettin this guy off."said Forrest Longley..

"And I can't have that...We planted enough evidence in that room for Tragg to make a decent case...and it looks like he messed that up." scoffed McCloud..

"You should have let me snuff Orwell...I hated killing Alvena..I wanted to sleep with her." said Longley...

"I couldn't have Orwell killed...With the story he had written about me and the accusations he was making..how would that have looked?" said Bob McCloud..

"Well you got problems...His lawyer is using all of that stuff at trial and it appears to be swaying the jury...The ADA who you hand picked is good...but this woman,this Olivia Bennett-Alexander is real good." he said.

"Yeah,she is..I remember when she was a Public Defender...She was very thorough.."he said.

"You want her gone?" asked Forrest Longley..

"No...Nooooo...She is no threat to us...Find out who her P.I. is...Take care of him and then if she gets Orwell off...He goes too."said McCloud..

"Her P.I. is her husband...She's married to a guy, an ex-homicide cop from New Orleans..I don't have a photo of him..but he's usually with her in court...Haven't seen him around at all."said Forrest Longley..

"Then Mrs. Alexander is soon to be a widow..." said McCloud who passed Forrest Longley an envelope full of cash.....

"It's as good as done..Heh ,Heh,Heh." said Longely who got up and walked out....

City Treasurer Bob McCloud paid his bill and he and an aide also walked out...

I smiled...Neither one noticed me at all..I was nameless and faceless...

Beverly walked over to me..



"I got several photos of both of them."she said.
"And I have a conversation that is so incriminating ,your Auntay is a lock to free Curtis Orwell.."I said.

"Put this is your bag and go straight to your Auntay."I said giving her the laptop and the mike...



"You going to be okay D.R.? she said...

I pulled her to me and hugged her...

"I been doin this a long time Shortcake..I'll be fine." I said.


Beverly smiled and walked down the back steps as I instructed...

Her boyfriend, Attorney Nelson East was waiting for her in the garage in his car as I instructed and drove her home...

II-

I walked out of the front of the bistro...I felt like I was being watched and followed...I wasn't wrong..

After about two blocks...Forrest Longley walked behind me...He had a pistol...He stuck it in my side.

"Donnie Ray huh? Thought you were slick...I saw you in there.." he said.

"I know you did.."I said calmly...

He went through my pockets....He checked my wallet...Then he took my phone out...Or what he thought was my phone...It was a burner phone... My phone was in my car...A few blocks away...He tossed it on the ground and stepped on it ,smashing it...

He then took my gun...A 40.caliber..

"If you took any photos of us in there...They're gone now." he smirked... He had no idea that he was as good as gone..Beverly had a recording of their conversation and photos...He had seen me...But he didn't know her or notice her.. He also must not have noticed my laptop or mike was missing.. I counted on that...He wasn't looking for her and Nelson...He was just looking for me..He was good at what he was paid to do...but I was better.

"Okay...Now I want to know where that information is on the Orwell Trial?" he said.

"What information?" I said..

"Smart ass huh?" he growled..

He hit me with a sap...I felt excrutiating pain..I fell to the ground...I struggled to get to my feet..

"You gonna play dumb huh?  I can do this all day wise ass. "he said.

"Ohhhh You're talking about the court notes huh?" I said..

"Damn right..Where are they?" he said.

"Did you try our house?" I said..

''Oh ,still the smart aleck eh?" he said and went to hit me again...I blocked his swing and kicked him as hard as I could in his privates..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  SWEEEEET MOTHER OF...ARGHHHHHHHHHH.." he moaned as he bent over and dropped his gun on the sidewalk..

I hit him with an uppercut that lifted him off of the ground and then I added two lefts and two rights that sent him into a pile of trash cans that fell over on his head...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, ummmph....." he moaned...

By the time he got himself from up under them....I was gone and had his gun as well as mine...Blood trickled down the side of his head...

His nose was bloody and is face was badly swollen..He looked like he'd been in a fight. He didn't know whether to grab his jaw or his privates...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..ummmmph...sweeet ...ohhhhhhhhh..You're a dead man Alexander..ohhhhhhhh" he moaned as he got up off of the sidewalk and hobbled to the corner looking for me....


III-

Beverly went to see Anita Brown...They had more to work out as far as the divorce or seperation was concerned..

But upon getting there she found the door locked....The front window was opened...

She could hear the sounds of lovemaking...



"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ohhhh Anita what are you doin to me?"

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my god, this is so good...Ohhhh my goodness,Cecil..ummmph..I missed you sooo much Cecil..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..ohhhhhhh baby,yesssssssssssssss...Anita...Lawd have mercy woman..ouuuu."

The bed was squeaking something crazy, the headboard sounded like it was about to come off...

"Girl,I just needed to see you...I missed you..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawd.."

"Oh Cecil I missed you too baby...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."



The sound of kissing and heavy breathing could be heard....

"Ohhhhhhhhh baby..."

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu darling..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Anita...Anita ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"Sock it to me Cecil...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Get right....get right baby..ouuuuu!"

"LAWDDD girl, put it on me....."

"Ohhhh CECIL...CECIL...GOOD LAWD CECILLLLL!"

Beverly looked around and she saw a car that said... CITY OF PHILADELPHIA....She walked over to the man who was standing by the car...

"Hey...I'm the attorney for Anita Brown." she said.

"Oh yeah? I'm the Mayor's driver.."he said.

"The Mayor is up there?" asked Beverly..

"Yeah..Been up there for the past four hours..."he said smiling weakly...

Beverly shook her head....

"Guess they won't be getting divorced after all." she said.

"Oh they gettin divorced..This is just break up sex..." he said.

"Break up sex?" said Beverly ,a bit perplexed..

"Come on...This aint your first rodeo girl...We all been there." he said.

Beverly smiled..

"Yeah...I guess we have." she laughed..

IV-

Olivia and I were kissing passionately in our bedroom...

"Ummmmmm thank you for the work you did...This information will surely get the charges against Curtis dropped.."she said in between kisses..
"It's always pleasurable working for you.."I said smiling broadly..

Olivia said nothing..She smiled..

I watched her as she sat on the side of the bed and took her panty hose off...

I unzippered her dress and helped her out of it...


She smiled..

"Donnie Ray!!!Calm down....your eyes are practically popping out of your head!!..." she laughed...

"Can't help that!" I said...Kissing her neck and her back and turning her to me and kissing her long,softly and tenderly....She put her arms around me and began kissing me..

We stopped for a minute and just stared at each other....I was trying to catch my breath....

I pulled her to me and began kissing her again..She slowly unzippered my trousers and unbuttoned my shirt...

"Beverly was worried that something was going to happen to you." she said, kissing my neck..

"Nah...I had everything under control....Mr. Forrest Longley will soon find himself under scrutiny..I sent his gun to Homicide...I'm bettin between them and the FBI..They'll link him to several murders and get him off the streets."I said in between breathy kisses..

Olivia put her index finger on my lips..

"Stop talking...."she said and smiled.. "Breathe.." she said.

I laid her down on the bed...and once again.. I stared down into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers and I entered her slowly and gently..I wanted to savor this experience, I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and began blowing softly into my ear....then she began kissing me again, soft,short kisses...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind slowly like I always did when I made love to her......while continuing to stroke her masterfully....

"Ouuuuuuuu...Oh My god Donnie Ray...Ohhhhhhh my goodness..ouuuuuuu.."she moaned..

"Damn girl.."I uttered...

"You couldn't wait could you?" she asked..

"No I could not..."I said..

Her head turned from side to side...Her arms began to stiffen..... She began to shake...tears rolled out of her eyes down the side of her face.....

The bed which hadn't been squeaking before was now squeaking something terrible...The headboard was rattling....

 Olivia and I made sweet passionate and intense love for close to five hours...I couldn't seem to get enough...

And while all of this good ,sweet loving was going down...The die was being cast in this strange case...Some of the players were as good as gone!
 City Treasurer McCloud was meeting with an angry Forrest Longley...who sat in his apartment.

"What the hell happened to you, you look like you got hit by a tractor trailor."said McCloud getting a look at Longley's face..

"It was that P.I. Donnie Ray Alexander...I had a bead on him.." said Longley, who was sitting in his apartment with an ice pack on his privates and a cold steak on his swollen jaw and eye...

"Looks like he had a bead on you..."said McCloud..

"I'm gonna take care of him...I'm gonna shoot that son of  a..."said Longley...

"No you're not!! Not unless you have to...Call our guy, Lieutenant Tragg..Tell him you were assaulted by Mr. Alexander.." said McCloud.
 "I can't go down there and make a statement...The minute the coppers see me, with my record, I'll be locked up.." he said.

"Relax....Just make the call...Call Tragg directly...He's a jackass...He won't check out anything...He'll come over to that guys house with a throng of reporters and make the big arrest...."laughed McCloud.

"Yeah,but if I don't come forward..Even Tragg will realize the whole thing is bogus..He won't hold Alexander on that weak crap...and with his wife being an attorney,He'll be sprung in no time..."said Longley...

"Yes...but that will give you time to break into their office again and have another look see...You might find something...The office manager goes to lunch with some guy everyday at one..Wifey and her little niece will be bailing Mr. Alexander out...See what I'm saying?" said McCloud...

"Okay...I'm on it...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." he moaned..

"No women friends for you tonight eh?" laughed McCloud...

"Go Ahead laugh...but I swear..I'm still gonna make Alexander pay for what he did to me...Ughhhhhhhhhhhh..I'll bet he's screwing his pretty attorney wife right now.."snarled  Longley, while holding the ice pack on his privates...

In fact...Olivia and I were in fact still kissing and making sweet love...as they spoke...
 Ouuuuuuuu...Oh My god Donnie Ray...Ohhhhhhh my goodness..ouuuuuuu.."she moaned..

"Damn girl.."I uttered...as we continued to make sweet love..





(TO BE CONTINUED)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES AND BRA TO THE CEILING! YESSSSS!

Turned Up said...

This episode made me a little warm.

Rita said...

I knew that Donnie Ray and OLivia would be in bed sooner or later.

Toni said...

Wow! There was a lot going in this episode and I'm not just talking about the sex.

Angie B. said...

My head is spinning...The Mayor and his wife, The Corrupt City Treasurer and his guy and Lieutenant Tragg...I've always thought of him as an a-hole, but still figured he was an honest cop....Is he one of the conspirators too?

Sunflower said...

Angie B.- Lt. Tragg isn't involved in the conspiracy...They are just using him to keep order...He is nothing more than a clueless functionary...

Lisa said...

I'm not sure if the mayor isn't mixed up in this himself...This is a very tangled web.

Halo said...


Not only is a lot going on...A lot is about to go down...Tomorrow is really going to be eye opening.

Vanessa said...

Off the chain as usual! The Mayor and his wife are funny...He's not involved in this conspiracy...The only thing on his agenda is his wife.LOL!

Cheryl said...

Eye Opening episode..and interesting observations...It's really about to get nasty now!

Tate 2 said...

Looks like the kid gloves are off..It's about to go down...Enjoying this so far..Can't wait until tomorrow.

Brenda said...

I'm liking these stories with Political Intrigue.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I like that you've changed it up...For years Kevin and Sissy and her detectives battled street crime, Drug Kingpins,Russian Mob,Chinese Gangsters and such...I like that you're dealing with crime from the top of the power curve...