Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Leonardtown


The next morning...We drove up in Kool Kat's Escalade....By "We" I meant,my partner, Walter "Kool Kat"Jones, one of the most dangerous men I knew..and the man who should have been with me at Penns Landing the night before when Donald Wardlow and I faced down Chino Rivers and his goon, "Smack", my wife, Sepia, my daughter, Kimberly and our friend, Eva Corona....

"So where are we going again Kev?" asked Kool Kat...

" A town called Leonardville....It's right outside of D.C. and it's already programmed on the GPS.." I said as the big man picked us up...

He smiled at my wife Sepia and the baby...

"Hi ya doll."he said..

"Hi Walter." said my wife...

"I was talkin to the baby...but Hi to you too doll" joked Kool Kat...


"Ohhhhh so you got jokes eh?" laughed my wife, Sepia who had become good friends with my childhood friend, Walter...They both had that same type of biting street humor.

"Hello Mr. Walter." said our friend, Eva Corona...Who was holding and tending to the baby and sitting in the back with Sepia and Donald Wardlow..

Kool Kat smiled a flirtatious smile at her...

"I'm not a mister baby...I'm a Kool Kat...Call me Kool Kat..." he said smiling..

"Okay...Kool Kat." she said with her heavy spanish accent..
Sepia pretended to suck her teeth..

"Call him Walter...That's what I call him."laughed Sepia...

The Big Man and I chuckled as we pulled off..

II-

Leonardtown is a town in and the county seat of St. Mary's County, Maryland . The population was 2,930 at the 2010 census. Leonardtown is perhaps most famous for the national oyster-shucking championship that occurs annually at the St. Mary's County fairgrounds.

Historic Leonardtown includes both a large public high school and a public middle school Leonardtown Middle School as well as a Catholic high school and an elementary school.

 Leonardtown Elementary School, offices of the county government, and St. Mary's Hospital which serves the healthcare needs of the county. The College of Southern Maryland maintains a growing satellite campus within city limits. An upscale home development located in the Breton Bay area is just outside of town, notable for both its country club golf course and swimming pool.

Leonardtown's population is growing due to the town's proximity to Patuxent River Naval Air Station and the Washington, DC metro area. Several new ethnic restaurants and an upscale supermarket opened during 2006 and 2007. Two recently constructed hotels are open for business within city limits.

An old order Mennonite farming community is a few miles to the northwest where community members sell furniture, crafts, produce, and other homemade/home grown products. The Leonardtown Wharf waterfront park opened as a public attraction for both locals and tourists in May 2008.

 Kool Kat was a good driver and he got us there in a little under three hours...

I had done my research well...We let Sepia, the baby and Eva off at a local mall and agreed to meet within 90 minutes for lunch...

"Okay Boss man where to next?" said Kool Kat...

"Well when I flagged Thelma Shift's credit cards..They showed a lot of activity in this area..." I said.

This wasn't Philly...This was a small town...So it took us a little less than a half an hour to show her photo and the photo of the baby to several people and get an address...

It helped that my hair was freshly cut and I had on a very expensive business suit and matching shoes...I looked like an attorney or a businessman...

III-

We found the house quickly and we, luckily for us observed her leaving an apartment complex...We followed her in her car to the daycare in which we observed her taking a baby boy out of the day care and driving him back to her apartment complex...


Donald Looked at me....

"Okay Kev..I got it from here...I'm gone just go inside and talk to her." he said.

"You got it man...We'll sit outside..."I said.

"Thanks Kev, Walter." he said.

After he was inside Kool Kat looked at me and smiled...

"This was some pretty tame stuff Kev..You usually call me when things get heavy..." he said...

"I know man...I suppose you heard about last night?" I said...

He smiled..

"That wasn't heavy...I heard you knocked the stuffing out of Smack and your boy beat the clothes off of Chino Rivers.." he said.

"Yeah...Word gets around..." I said.

"Nah...They made bail..." said Kool Kat..

"Bail? They had them on two murder charges..." I said.

"Somebody bailed both of them out...Paid their entire freight...and they was in the bar all beat up talkin bout how dead you gonna be next time they see you..."laughed Kool Kat..

"Guess they didn't get enough huh?" I said.

"Nah....It was just talk..I seen what you did to Smack...He don't want no more of that...and Chino is a punk...Aint no way he's going to challenge you...especially if Smack don't back his play..."said Kool Kat..

"I wonder who paid their bail and why?  Also..Why Chino needed all of his money back so soon." I asked.

"Another mystery huh Kev?" asked Kool Kat...

"Yeah man...Those two are under indictment for two murders...They aint going far.." I said.

"Speakin of mystery...Who is that cool guy?" asked Kool Kat...

A tall athletically built Black man with sunglasses on and a leather jacket entered the house with a key..

Kool Kat and I looked at each other..

"That there didn't look good Kev." he said.

"I know right...? I got Donald wired...let's listen and see how this plays out." I said.



"Donald....I know how you must feel..I've taken good care of you all's son and I told her that this wasn't right...but I had to do this.." said Thelma...

"Thelma how can it be right to take somebody's child from them?" said Donald...

"There is more to it than that...She and Slack are in trouble..I had to do this so that your son would be safe..."said Thelma...

"Trouble??What kind of Trouble??"asked Donald..

"Slack..That no account negro she's shacking up with was slinging...I know you know that right?" she said.

"No I didn't..but he aint look like he was working.."said Donald..

"Yeah well he apparently owes his boss ,Albert Slayton some money..a lot of money and he's been hiding out...He don't leave that house...He stay in the basement..She works everyday...He's afraid to leave the house..He messed up a package...They got a contract out on him...He's got two of his goons looking for Slack...Chino Rivers and Smack..."she said.

"They don't have to worry about those two...Me and my friend busted those two up last night and turned them over to the cops.." said Donald..

She looked at him like he was crazy...

"You and your friend?  You? You busted those two up? Negro please...Smack would break you in half..No Offense..but he's a stone cold killer.." she said.

"He's in jail...besides what's that got to do with you and my son?" he asked..

"Slayton is a psychopath...He's not above hurtin me and this baby to force my daughter to give up Slack's whereabouts.." she said.

"Aw Thelma...that's crazy...Besides..Nobody knows where you are."said Donald.

"How did you find me?" she asked..

"I hired a Private Investigator..." said Donald..

"And you don't think he can do the same thing?....I'm about to move out of here ?"she said.

"TOO LATE MA!" came the voice of the tall man with the leather jacket...

Thelma and Donald turned around...

"Heyy man..Look, my baby boy aint got nothin to do with this.." he said..

"Not my problem....." said the man...

He then heard the click of another gun...a 357 magnum that was stuck in his back...

He turned around to see Walter "Kool Kat" Jones....
"It can be your problem ace."said Kool Kat...

I had my .38 smokeless stuck in his neck...

"Hand over the gun...drop it quick or you'll be dropped quick."I said.

He did as he was told..

"You guys don't sound like locals.."he said.

"We aint..We're from Philly..As I suspect you are also."I said.

"Then you know about Albert Slayton...He runs things on my end..He's not to be messed with.."said the man..

"I'm not to be messed with...Did you bail those two losers out that I beat the snot out of last night?" I asked.

"Yeah...and I killed em for screwing up...They was supposed to kidnap my man Donnie  here and torture him until he gave up the location of Mom Dukes and the baby here...Since we can't seem to find that coward Slack who owes us money..Noo they tryin to collect they money and got the snot beat out of them by you and your boy here. Allie gave me some dough ,told me to bail em out and then to kill both of them for screwing up...And I mean they screwed up big time...The cops wanted them for killing two other people One was a guy who owed em and the other was a rival juice guy from another crew...The boss told em just to lean on em...but those two wanna be gangsters, wanna be all gangsta wild and killed em...We can't have people like them shining a light on us..They had to go..I agreed with the boss." he said as Kool Kat tied him up..

"Oh you did huh?...and I suppose you just followed me down here right?" I said.

"Yeah...it was easy..Once I found out you was the private eye he hired and all."he said.

"Well guess what else is easy? I'm wearing a wire...And you just easily admitted to two murders and you just implicated your boss in a murder conspiracy...How bout that?" I said..

He looked like he had swallowed a canary...

"I guess I should uh stop talking right now huh?" he said.

"That would be my play."said Kool Kat ,who was now laughing...

IV-

Kool Kat and I turned the thug, whose name was Calvin Butts, a local West Philadelphia player with a long rap sheet, including manslaughter over to the Maryland State Police...

Captain Hanover of the Maryland Criminal Investigation Division smiled as he approached us afterwords..The next day...We had stayed overnight at a nearby motel...

"Which one of you is Kevin Morris?" he asked..

"I am sir." I said.

"You are held in very high esteem by law enforcement in Philly...I have two people who want to talk to you on the phone..."he said ,still smiling..

"Hello." I said.

It was Lt.Sissy Van Buren of Philadelphia Homicide...

 "Kevin..You are a godsend...Those two charactors were bailed out the other night and sometime yesterday morning we found both of them with their throats slit in an alley in South Philadelphia and here you've caught their murderer in Maryland a day later..and got him on tape confessing...Only you...Oh my God...Thank you soo  much." said Sissy.

"You need to pick up his boss, Albert Slayton...He's the mastermind behind the whole thing."I said.

What I didn't know was that as I spoke...Detectives Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace, Tyriq Pile, Jimmy Barlow and Edwin" Duke "Baylor had gotten a warrant for his arrest and along with three uniformed policemen had already picked him and four of his lieutenants up..





"Oh we know that!!!.He's done..We got him and some of his cronies last night for Conspiracy to commit murder, two counts..His career is over, We have warrants for 39 of his close associates also..We are in the process of rounding them all up.....Somebody else wants to say hello to you."said Sissy...


"Oh Okay." I said.

It was FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Hopkins...

"Hi Kevin... Love youuuuu." said FBI Deputy SAC Sharon Hopkins..

"Heyy girl..Love you too.."I said smiling..

"We are sending some agents down to pick up Mr. Butts and bring him back here..We got him for Interstate flight and two counts of first degree murder..Nice work Kevin..."she said.

"Thank you..Always glad to be of help to the Philly PD and the FBI..." I said and laughed....

V-
Hours later...Kool Kat,Sepia and the baby,Eva Corona ,Donald Wardlow and I headed back to Philadelphia..

"So Mr. Donnie, what is going to happen with your son?" asked Eva..

"For the time being...Thelma can watch him...She's taken real good care of him....I will be visiting on a regular basis..." he said.


"You still gonna marry my mom?" asked Sepia..

"Yeah..Aint nothin changed about that." he said..

"What about your son?" she asked..

"I'm going to be visiting him...When I can.." he said.

"You're going to be doing a lot of driving."said Sepia..

Kool Kat looked at me and smiled...

I said nothing...I just smiled and nodded off as we headed back up the highway towards Philadelphia..

(TO BE CONTINUED)



14 comments:

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Sepia realy doesn't want this guy to marry her mom does she? LMAO!

Toni said...

For all intent and purposes this story should be over...Kevin found his baby and the girl's mother and all of the bad guys are either dead or in custody...But this is about his mother in law and this guy...I feel there is more to this!

Angie B. said...

Oh it's definitely more to this...The Gangster story was just a side step...The real drama is whether this young guy is going to marry Sepia's mother.

Vanessa said...

He can't be serious....A young guy like him with a new baby..Going to marry a woman 17 years his senior..Literally old enough to be his mother..Who is serving a life sentence in prison...The sex can't be THAT good!

Rita said...

Vanessa, you took the words out of my mouth..I was thinking the same thing.

Lisa said...

Same here, He won't have much of a future with Sepia's mother..Can only visit her once a month..Have to make love to her in a trailer,with everybody knowing what they are doing...How long will it take for that to get old?

Halo said...

I suspect that there is going to be a change of events..

Cheryl said...

Something else is going to happen..because like you said..The gangsters are dead or in jail and that never was the real story!

Brenda said...

It wouldn't be a "Keith" story without a twist of some kind..Can't wait until tomorrow.

Sunflower said...

If nothing else..my curiosity has been peeked!

James Perkins said...

Sepia wants to kill this guy...It's all she can do to hold off slugging him!-LMAO!

Tate 2 said...

Sepia's mama must really have put somethin on this guy..HE's serious about marrying her.Got dude sprung!

Swaggie said...

Aren't relationships between Therapists, Guards and prison employees and inmates against the rules anyway?

George S. said...

@Swaggie you are correct...This is why I don't think they are going to go through with this marriage.