Friday, September 2, 2022

Sorry Charlie

Sepia and I were having coffee the next morning..
"Dear heart, you said these guys were good, They knew the alarm codes and the safe combinations?" asked my wife, Sepia.
''Yeah, I never seen guys like these...The other crew was pretty good too!" I said.
"They had a lot of information don't you think?"asked Sepia.
"They were buying information from this Russian guy, a former Banker /Gangster from Moscow named Sergey Ivankov.He once led Moscow's most influential gang, based in Orekhovo district. In the early 1990s, at the peak of his career, Silvester controlled more than 30 banks and all the city's markets and his fortune was counted in billions of rubles. Pretty cool for a man who used to be a tractor driver. He was run out of Moscow...A combonation of good police work and rival gangs with a price on his head.. he settled in London for awhile and eventually made it to the United States.. He keeps a low profile...FBI, U.S. Marshalls and Immigration have been looking at him for awhile.  He's not the big deal here that he was in Russia. He no longer controls the banks or heads a big gang...He does have a few millions in an off shore account..He has a small operation that scopes out jewelry stores,banks,the homes of some of his famously wealthy associates and he sells the designs to the highest bidder or shot caller who hires a crew...They take down the joints and he and the shot caller split the profits....It's such a huge profit that the seven way split is more than worth it..Unfortunately...He is deceased now..." I said.


"Real estate Companies have that kind of information.. For well heeled clients and businesses..They hold on to alarm system information and safe combinations....Bonita and I hold on to that type of information for a few of our clients...Not all..Check those Jewelry Stores and those two homes....I'm betting they have a real estate or securities company in common and somebody at those places was selling information for a price... I could be wrong of course...but it's worth looking into..."said Sepia matter of factly as she finished her coffee.



I pulled Sepia to me...


I kissed her passionately....

"I wish I had time to take you upstairs and make love to you..." I said.

''I have a house to show today.. Stoppp, you're wrinkling my dress..." she giggled..
"You know, you're smart...you'd make a great detective..A great partner.." I said.

" I'm already your partner...for life..." said Sepia.



"That's right...You are." I said and hugged her.....


"Mmmmmmmmm let me go before I change my mind and take you up on that offer to go to bed.." she said...


I put two of my operatives and a couple of my administrative assistants on it and within one hour they found what I was looking for.. All ten jewelry stores that got robbed and both homes, including the Monoham house of the other night all dealt with  Raymond Securities...This company kept their safe combinations and Alarm System codes on file for insurance purposes..

A couple of my other operatives and administrative assistants studied the phone calls that went out of this office on certain days...and a lot of calls came from one particular phone number to a cell phone registered to the late Sergey Ivankov...

The calls came from a woman, Zina Ivankov.... His niece... Her bank account showed a huge increase in funds ......and her lavish lifestyle didn't seem to match that of the other employees..


I sent the information to Lt. Danny Ho...







He along with Sissy, Carlotta, Jimmy and Tyriq


arrested her promptly, thus ending a source of information and intelligence for Charlie Parmenter..


As could be expected... He was livid!


"COWBOY, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I PAY YOU FOR INFORMATION.. I PAY YOU TO KEEP ABREAST OF WHAT IS GOING ON....YOUR LIEUTENANT HAS MADE ANOTHER MAJOR ARREST AND YOU KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT....HE FOUND THE GIRL, CAKE BATTER'S NIECE WHO WAS SUPPLYING HIM AND I WITH INFORMATION ON SCORES.. HE ARRESTED HER AND YOU KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT! WHAT THE HELL DO I PAY YOU FOR?" he bellowed.

"He's been real cagey lately, leaving the office and not saying where he's going.. He must have another informant...He must..." said the voice..

"HOW ABOUT RUDY LUBBERS?  ANY WORD ON HIM??" asked Charlie Parmenter..

"I've turned this city upside down...I've leaned on all my snitches...Nobody has heard hide nor hair from him...I think he's left town."

"WE CAN'T TAKE THAT CHANCE!   FIND HIM!!! MAKE THAT PRIORITY AND THEN KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR LIEUTENANT!! FIND OUT WHO HE'S TALKING TO....IT'S GOTTA BE SOMEBODY ON THE STREET!! NO WAY THE COPS WOULD GET ALL OF THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT A TIP!!" said Charlie Parmenter.

"Okay Charlie....I'm on it baby!" came the electronically scrambled voice,.


 (Click)


We heard the entire conversation....Charlie was slipping...And electronically scrambled voice or not.. I now knew for sure who the dirty cop was.. There was only one person it could be..


Rudy Lubbers


was in a comfortable cell in the basement of the Criminal Investigation Division....He had a nice king sized bed with soft sheets and pillow cases and he received three hot meals from the cafeteria upstairs...
He had a television in his room with cable..  A lot better than being in the "Cooler" or County Lock Up.
The best thing was..Nobody could get to him... No one knew he had even been arrested,



Danny Ho and I were setting up a sting operation to nab our dirty cop.


 

 II-

The OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY JILL JONES-


"Don't you have some work to do Detective?" asked ADA Jill Jones..

"You slept with him didn't you?   You slept with him so he could rub it in my FACE!!!" said Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker.


"HE TOLD YOU THAT?" asked ADA Jones.


"HE DIDN'T HAVE TO!  HE COMES IN, WHISTLING, GIVING EVERYBODY COMPLIMENTS...NEW SUIT...NICE FRAGRANCE....EVERYBODY IN THE OFFICE KNEW HE GOT LAID!" snarled Lenny.


"HE DID? WOWWW!" she said and laughed hysterically at the effect she had on Lt. Tragg.


"IS THAT ALL YOU GOTTA SAY ABOUT IT??" he snarled..


"Yes, that's all I have to say about it...Now go away!" said ADA Jill  Jones..


"You're driving me crazy, you're all I can think about... Jill please give me one more chance.."he begged..


Just then Sepia walked in....

"I'm sorry...Am I uh interrupting something? " she said.

"No Not at all, Detective Brecker was just leaving.." said  ADA Jill Jones, getting up and grabbing her things.



"You have a small house to show me?" she said..


"Yes...It's in the price range you specified and not too far from where you live now...It's close to Olde City..I think you'll love it." said Sepia.

"You're almost finished law school huh?" said Jill.

"One More semester and I graduate..." said Sepia.


"Let me know if you have any problems studying for the bar..." said Jill.


''Thank You."said Sepia.


Detective Sgt Brecker stood there ,so angry he was shaking...


When his phone rang.....


"Cowboy....I heard from our boy, Rudy Lubbers....He wants to meet tomorrow at Noon....He wants plane tickets to anywhere and some cash......He said he'll leave town and won't be back....Meet me at the diner... I'll have the briefcase for you....I told him I'd send a "represenative..and 30 K ,plus airline tickets to Hawaii....He's dreaming! Hahahahahahaha...Inside is the gun, it's not traceable...He's up near the horse stables.....Do it quickly and quietly.....and get out of there...
The police won't find his body for days...If they find it at all...Hahahahahahaahah!" said Charlie Parmenter ,who could order a murder as casually as one might order a Danish or pastry at a diner.

"I'm on it." said Lenny Brecker.



And at my secret headquarters for Morris Investigations...


We had picked up the entire conversation.


And at the diner he likes to go into... Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker went inside ,sat down  with Charlie Parmenter and had what looked like an innocent meal...It was the first time Charlie Parmenter had ever met with someone in this diner..These arrests were clearly un nerving him...




He walked out with a briefcase that had the gun... Totally unaware that sitting across the street in a car with tinted windows...


I was snapping photos of the whole thing...
And Lt. Danny Ho was sitting next to me..

"I'm very disappointed....I thought he had a real future... He was a little rough around the edges..but I never thought he was dirty....I always thought he was natural police...good police." said Danny.


''I know how that feels, when one of your own goes bad or rather is bad!"said Lt. Sissy Van Buren , who was in the car with us...


III-


At Home....

"I showed a house today to Assistant District Attorney Jill Jones...She's a real sweetheart...." said Sepia.
''Oh Yeah?  I've seen her around.. Lt. Tragg has a thing for her, I hear." I said.
''He's not the only one.. that detective who he got into the fight with at Cricket's murder scene has a thing for her too!  He was in her office begging for it when I showed up for our appointment...Jill,You're driving me crazy, you're all I can think about... Jill please give me one more chance.."he begged.. Apparently he isn't as in with her as he made Lt. Tragg believe...You know what I think?" asked Sepia.



I smiled.. "No what do you think?" I asked her..



"I think she gave him some once...just one time and it blew his mind...He can't get over it and she doesn't want to be bothered anymore...." said Sepia.

"I would think anything over Lt. Tragg would be an improvement." I said, smiling.
"Well people like what they like and anyway, she probably wasn't too pleased if she heard that he blabbed it to everybody at the crime scene that he and her had sex....You know how people talk...It probably got back to her. What if she didn't want Lt. Tragg to know?"asked Sepia.
''Well Anyway...I KNOW WHAT I LIKE!" I said ,staring at her raffishly...
''Me...Naked!" she said.
"That's right." I said..

"Is your offer from this morning still open?" she asked, laughing..

"Yes. It most certainly is." I said..

''Then what are we wasting time here for?" she said, smiling at me and taking me by the hands up the stairs.


We engulfed each other in deep throat kisses...
'Ummmmmmm.." I moaned as we helped each other out of our clothes..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cooed.

I slipped her panties off..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu you're matching.." I said..

"You always notice.." she laughed...

"That's my job!" I said..

"Oh it is?" she laughed...


Sepia unzipped my trousers and softly caressed my engorged and erect penis..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyy Kevin.... I need to take care of that..." she whispered softly in my ears...

"Yesssss..You do"I agreed...and slipped her dress up over her head....She unzipperd my trousers and fondled me gently....

"You are soooo nasty." she laughed.. "It doesn't make any sense...you being this huge and this hard.."she added...

We embraced in a passionate kiss once more...

"I can't believe you still want more after what we did last night..." she said..
"That was last night.....This is now!" I said..

"That's right... Horn dog...You always want it.." she said...

"Yes I do.."I said quietly...

"You are soooo nasttty!" she replied..
I placed her on the bed and began humping her across the bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband, "she said...

I didn't want to stop...
I lifted Sepia up and began long stroking her....She was beyond soft, very wet and smelled very good, almost baby soft...I was delirious with lust...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned as I stroked and thrusted into her mightily...

I picked her up and sat her petite body on the dresser drawer...I again entered her warm, wet center and began kissing her passionately....Her soft lips nearly driving me delirious...


A Good TWO HOURS seemed to just evaporate....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kevinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"said Sepia, who's entire body was shaking...She was having an intense orgasm....I could tell...Tears were flowing from her eyes and she was holding on to me for dear life...


I laid her across our bed.....I began to move inside of her slower and slower....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...I'm losing my mind.,.."I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she cooed softly...

A Good EIGHT TO NINE HOURS went by.....Neither one of us could seem to get enough of each other...

Our bed was squeaking out of control and our headboard slammed against the wall...

Sepia was once again having an intense orgasm...Shaking, trembling..Head turning from side to side, tears flowing from her eyes....



''Oh my god..oh my god...oh my godddddddddddddddd, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeee!" she squealed....as she positioned herself on top of me and rode me hard and fast..

Finally, I began to cum and cum so hard....my body was trembling and shaking....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"I yelled out....


Sepia continued kissing me passionately.....

It wasn't long before we were engaged and making love a second time.... ANOTHER THREE HOURS
went by before we both came...


Sepia lie on top of my chest....trying to catch her breath....I held her in my arms...We dozed off to a deep relaxing sleep.


IV-


The Edge of Town....

The Horse Stables where the Urban Cowboys used to hang out.. People still kept their horses there..
Me and my operatives were able to get there and set up our Micro-Video and listening devices...We had a day to do it...


We had Rudy Lubbers call Charlie Parmenter and set up the deal....We knew Charlie wasn't going to show up himself...He never did..He was going to send his murderous represenative...A cop from Robbery-Homicide who fed him information and cleaned up his messes for him...


There were a few horses in the stable...Other than that...It was quiet.....


The Neighborhood was quiet.....Wasn't a soul anywhere in sight... Not even a car around... This was the perfect hiding place....


An unmarked police car drove up.....


A man quietly walked inside....

''Rudy...Rudy you here?"


Rudy appeared from a distance...Or so it appeared..

"Where is Charlie?" he asked.

"You know he doesn't show up in person." came the voice...

"You got the money and the plane tickets/" asked Rudy...

"It's right here!" came the voice ....



The man pulled out a gun with a silencer and fired about seven shots into what he thought was Rudy Lubbers...but was actually a department store manequin, wearing his clothes...The head fell off the mannequin and the rest of the Mannequin fell down...


"What the hell is this?  This some kind of trick?" said Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker.

"It was... The Joke is on you Sgt. Brecker or should I call you by your nickname..."Cowboy?" I said..

"Drop the gun, let me see your hands." said Lt. Danny Ho...

"Gun and Badge please!" said Lt. Sissy Van Buren, taking his service revolver and his gun with the silencer and his badge..
''We searched your locker and we found your other gun....It was a ballistics match to the murder of "Cricket" and the murder of "Cake Batter" as well as the murder of that stick up kid.... I'm glad you decided to use a different gun for this job." said Hop.
"Lenwood Brecker, you are under arrest on three counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder...You have the right to remain silent...anything you say can and will be used against you...You have the right to an attorney....If you can't afford one, one will be provided for you...Do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?? Of course you do... I'm sure you've read em to people you've busted." said Sirena.


''We got this whole thing on tape and some other interesting conversations , you and your boss had...Don't worry....He'll be joining you soon... You killed my friend Cricket...I hope you do every single day of the time you're gonna get. You had us all fooled with that fight you purposely started with Lt. Tragg, Cricket suspected a set up and he fought you back... knocked your tooth out.... We found it at the crime scene...So you purposely started a fight with Lt. Tragg, so that there would be a justification for your blood and DNA at the scene... That was thinking on your feet..." I said.

"But it's cost you... ADA  Jill Jones wants nothing to do with you and your future with her looks pretty dim now anyway. And Just so you know, Rudy Lubbers has been in my custody for the past 48 hours...You didn't know...I wanted it that way....That way you couldn't tell your boss and he arrange for Rudy to have a little accident in lock up.... I'm sure he'll be pleased to know what you had in store for him.." said Danny Ho.


"You were a good cop....Why? Why did you go rouge? Why did you work for a guy like Charlie Parmenter??" asked Sissy..

"The Money.....I spent years bustin guys when I was in Vice, who spent more for lunch than my monthly take home pay...Charlie doubled my monthly take home pay for information at first...just a telephone call, then unfortunately....things got a little dirty....The murders and all..but look, I didn't kill any innocent citizens...Everybody I killed was a criminal....Nobody will miss any of em..."said Lenny.


''Get him out of here!" said Danny Ho as he was led out by three uniformed cops.


Some Hours Later-


Charlie Parmenter was actually on the plane...A Plane headed for Miami..He had put his overnight bag
up and had sat down in his seat and closed his eyes...When he was tapped on the leg....

He opened his eyes..


"Mr. Parmenter...I'm a Private Investigator....My name is Kevin Morris...We finally meet in person. I've been assisting in the investigation of you....I  have some people here who would like to talk to you.."I said, smiling..
"Hi Charlie, today has been a long time coming... I've got two witnesses and a lot of hours of recordings that ties you to a lot of crimes....You're under arrest for Conspiracy to commit 10 jewelry store robberies, 2 home invasions , 1 truck hijacking and three murders..... By the time the jury hears all of the charges against you....They'll have heard enough..." said Danny Ho.
"Charles Edward Parmenter , You're Under arrest, Any and everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..
You have a right to an attorney, If you can't afford one, which in your case is highly unlikely...one will be provided for you...Do you understand these rights as I'm reading them to you?" said Sissy...

He nodded.
Duke handcuffed him...

"This has been a long time coming Charlie." he said.

"Sorry Charlie" said Angie..

Angie led him off the plane as other passengers gawked...and into the arms of five uniformed officers


"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS....I'M BEING ARRESTED,,"he said as he was ushered off the plane..



They never believe they are being arrested or shot, I thought to myself...


EPILOUGE-


Rudy Lubbers was as good as his word... He turned States Evidence against Charlie Parmenter and was given full immunity...He walked out of the  courtroom a free man...


Charlie Parmenter's entitled attitude didn't endear him to the jury and he received the death penalty for ordering the three murders....

He was shocked at his sentence and was hauled out of court cursing up a storm and threatening his lawyer and everybody else he could think of...

Disgraced former cop and murderer of three men, Lenny Brecker didn't fare any better.. He too got the death penalty, despite his attorneys arguing that prior to his criminal activities...He was a good cop who took many bad guys off the street..... The Jury didn't want to hear it...

Both he and his former boss, Charlie Parmenter arrived at The Greene Correctional Institution


where Pennsylvania's Death Row is housed ,the same week. 

Zina Ivankov got 3 years in a federal prison for selling confidential information to her uncle and Charlie Parmenter.. She did a year and a half and was paroled... She dropped out of sight after that.


SAM MOTHER'S DINER-

''That was nice of you, buying a headstone for Cricket's grave Kevin." said Sepia.
"It was the least I could do..The kid deserved better than what he got.  I wanted to punch that Lenny Brecker right in his face when he tried to justify what he did...Like he didn't kill anybody worthwhile." I said,
''Well we don't have to worry about him... He and his old boss are probably in cells next to each other on death row!" said Danny Ho. ''Thanks again for your help Kevin....I couldn't have made this case without you." said Danny Ho.

''Kevin and I worked a case years ago... "The Black Dragon Case" He's very good." said Danny's wife, Jade Lee.






Our Breakfasts arrived.. we had just started eating good when "Mr. Warmth" himself, Lt. Tragg walked in with Assistant District Attorney Jill Jones on his arm... Naturally he stopped by our table.

''Danny, I gotta hand it to you...You did a great Job, Took that entire organization down, piece by piece, cleared your three murders...and put that ratfink masquerading as a cop away.....Good Job!!! Damn Good Police work!!! That's what I'm talkin about!" he said.
Jill Jones smiled...The two of them headed to the counter....


"Imagine that!" I said.


''Ahhhh I'll enjoy that while it lasts....In a month he'll be trying to take over one of my cases again..."said Danny.





Sepia and Jade and I cracked up laughing....


FOR FAST FREDDY (RIP)

No comments: