Thursday, May 20, 2010

Amateur Night


I again woke up in Patty's bed....I looked up and she was staring at me, smiling.....I said nothing.


"I could sure get used to this...." she said.


"Used to what?" I said, already knowing exactly what she was talking about..


"You and me..." she said....


"Oh really?" I said....


"I mean we've seen each other on the streets for years and I never had a clue you was interested in me...." she said.


"Nah?" I managed to say....


"No...then at my birthday party you come pressin all up on me and all.....I was really surprised.. and then you got me here and I was really ,REALLY surprised........I am liking this.." she said.


"Well, I'm glad you're satisfied.....I gotta get up...gotta go now.." I said.


"Awww, you gotta go again?" she said.


"Aint you got a job to go to? I gotta go apartment huntin...amongst other things ." I said.


"You coming back tonight?" she asked..


"Yeah...if I don't find nothin.......If I do find somethin...maybe you can come by my place." I said.


"You know I'll be there with bells on." she said...


"I'd prefer you be there with nothin on." I laughed.....


"Ouuuuuuu you so nasty..." she laughed.



I had things to do...Apartment hunting wasn't on the top of my list...I had just told her that... I drove up to the Hospital to see Chick....Chick had been in the hospital with two gunshot wounds for three days now. His uncle ,Fathead Newton , the real target couldn't get there to see him...He was in hiding...and even I didn't know where he was....Ralph Mole ,Roscoe and others were hunting!


Chick had shot and killed one of his shooters and the other two were still at large....Make that ,one was still at large....The body of one 31 year old Ralston Covington, Jamaican National and wanted by the FBI for a contract killing in Detroit was found in a drainage ditch outside of Philadelphia, riddled with bullets....Which meant only one of those "Jamaica Boyz" , the driver was still living... Two hitters dead and not one of the targets ,Fathead,Ralph Mole ,Roscoe or Chick had joined them... Baby Doc was probably livid at this moment and Marco Gervay was probably getting the brunt of it.


As I suspected...Fathead had placed several of his operatives inside that hospital in various disguises to make sure that nothing else happened to his nephew....I knew many of these guys from the streets and they knew me....I decided against trying to see Chick...These guys had no way of knowing if I was friend or foe...No need to stir the pot up...I was just glad Chick was still alive.


I decided to go to the Mermaid Club, Joe Neptune's joint and have a couple of beers. Unlike Josie's, Gus's joint...which was a classy place....The Mermaid Club was full of bust outs and riff raff from time to time...To my surprise...Baby Doc and Marco Gervay were sitting in the bar.

They had no idea that Fathead's people knew that they had a contract out on them...and that they were literally sitting ducks......


Baby Doc seemed livid, just like I figured he'd be.....


"Two of my shooters are dead and not one of my targets have been killed....." he screamed.


"Baby Doc...Calm down...you talkin too loud man......Look..the kid got a lucky shot off....and Ralston?? Man, his enemies got enemies...Maybe somebody saw him that knew him and got to him." said Marco.


"Yeah? Well aint nobody seen Fathead for days or Ralph Mole or Roscoe....It's almost like they know...and they got no reason to know do they?" said Baby Doc.


"How they gonna know? Me and you is the only ones who know about it mane" said Marco.


"Well find that other guy..What's his name? Ny..."asked Baby Doc.


"Nyron...Nyron ,that's his name.." said Marco.


"Yeah..Find him.....tell him to finish the job.....We might not find Fathead..but if we kill the nephew, he'll definitely have to show his face...and when he does...pow...it's all over for him..."said Baby Doc.


"Yeah, once that fat bastard falls....Ralph Mole and Roscoe will probably fall in line...might even get em to work for us." said Marco..


"If they don't...they die too!" said Baby Doc.


"Okay...I'll contact Nyron and I'll send "Lunchmeat" Peterson down there to back him up." said Marco.


"Lunchmeat"Peterson?? When did that old rummy get out of jail?" laughed Baby Doc.


"About a year ago....He drink a little, but back in the day..he was one of the most feared hitmen in Philly and South Jersey..." said Marco.


"Yeah...My dad used to talk about him....That was before our time...Well , anyway..get on it." said Baby Doc...


"I'm on it man." said Marco.


I couldn't believe these two.....Back when I was in the game...this type of conversation would have never have been spoken in a public place...like a bar ,with people sitting around....These guys put the "A" in Amateur.


I walked out of the bar and got on my cell phone....I called Roscoe and told him what I'd just heard....He was silent...then he laughed....I laughed too!


That night....around midnight....Nylon Jennings, Jamaican National...wanted in Detroit and New York City for several contract killings and drug trafficking, walked down a quiet hospital hallway in an orderlies uniform..He was headed for Chick Peters room....He walked past an exit....He looked around...He went to draw a gun....He felt some cold steel in his rib cage and he was told to walk down the exit stairs.....That was the last time he was seen alive.


A few days later..I read in the papers that his nude body and the nude body of Herbert "Lunchmeat" Peterson was found in a burned out railroad car in Deleware of all places.....riddled with bullets... I laughed and snickered...


"What you laughin about Kool Kat?" said Chris Thompson as we both stood outside of the apartment building where I had just purchased a unit...


"Nothing...just readin this story about these two naked gangsters found in a railroad car."I said.


"You didn't have nothin to do with that did you?" asked Chris as his partner, Chess came out of the buildin...


''Who me? Nahhh, come on Chris...I'm out the game...just like you and Chess." I said.


Chris gave me the side eye, then smiled..Chess just looked at me with a blank stare, but said nothing.


"I'm serious....I aint in nothin...but that damn sexy ass Patty Everette." I said.


"I heard that." laughed Chess....


"Okay man...cause things is kind of hot...Baby Doc and Fathead are warring." he said.


"Damn, you don't say?" I laughed.


"Man, everybody knows it...Streets is talkin....So I'm giving you a word of advice, cause you my boy..Stay out of that mess..." said Chris.


"Will do.. You know me Chris...I'm not a playa anymore... I'm a lover..." I laughed.


"Yeah okay Kool Kat....Be easy babe!" he said as he got in his car....


Chess tossed me the keys to my new apartment....


"Enjoy!" he said.


That night, after I got some furniture from rent a center..I sat down , ready to watch some TV in my new place when my doorbell rang. I answered the door and there was Patty, wearing a trenchcoat and some black stilettos.


"Well , what a surprise." I laughed...


"Let me in..I've got an even bigger surprise..." she said.


I let her in and she opened her coat.....She didn't have on a stitch of clothing under that coat....


I began unzippering my trousers....


"I've got a big surprise for you too." I laughed...


"Ouuuuuu, I like that." she cooed.....


It was going to be a busy night....I thought.


(Conclusion Next...)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kool Kat is about to make me have an orgasm!

Brenda said...

Why am I not surprised! Great story Keith and great new charactor!

Vanessa said...

Kool Kat is just too kool for me!
I love him.

Swaggie said...

Fathead and the boys are making a strong statement, but how long before Baby Doc and Marco figure out someone is giving Fathead and crew information?