Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Best Part Of Waking Up!


Rell and I were in a deep sleep....Our baby girl was in a crib across the room from us...Next door..our baby boy was sleeping peacefully....It was a dull sound at first....I thought I was dreaming....then I woke up and realized that my Android was going off....It wasn't a phone call though...It was my silent house alarm...somebody was breaking in!!!!!!  Lockpick Johnson had installed a back up system for the regular system, so that if somebody beat the first system...the second one would still go off....Someone apparently had.!   I peeped outside my window and I saw a car parked directly across the street from me with tinted windows...

I was careful not to wake my family.  I slipped on my trousers and my shirt and grabbed my .45 and headed downstairs...I grabbed my android and called Donald "Smooth"....

"Hello....What's up Chess?" he said...He too had been sleeping..

"I got houseguests man...." I said.

"Huh? What?" he asked.

"Somebody is breaking in as I speak and there is a car across the street." I said.

''Sit tight Chess...I'm on my way." he said and hung up.

The culprit was at the back door.... I crouched and waited for the door to open.  When it did...I stuck the muzzle of my .45 right at his adams apple.

"Freeze....Kind of early in the morning to be paying someone a social call isn't it?" I said.   "Now drop that heater and lay face down on the floor." I said as I took his gun and his tools and another gun and a knife off of him... ''Gee Boy scout...you came prepared didn't you?" I laughed... The man said nothing.

Within a few minutes...Donald Smooth and one of his associates marched the two guys who had been in the car to my back door...

'We got em Chess...They got an arsenal of guns in that car." said Donald Smooth.

"Tie em up and gag em...." I said.  I turned to the one who was trying to break into my house....

''Who sent you?" I asked..

He said nothing.....Just then the hulking figure of Walter "Kool Kat" Jones appeared in the door way....

All three men's eyes got as large as saucers.....

"A guy named Goldie  man....It was Goldie...He gave us this address and paid us...He told us to kill everyone in the house....It was Goldie...I swear." said one of them.

Kool Kat hadn't uttered a word....Such was his fierce reputation on the street.. Kool Kat looked at me...

"Hey man, you got any more of them cookies?? They was good." he said.

Donald Smooth and I laughed...

II-






I decided not to waste anytime with these three cretins... I called the police and turned them over to them for B&E....Donald Smooth, Kool Kat ,Owen Todd, Donald's "associate " and I knew who "Goldie" was...Goldie was Stevie Gold, A low rate West Philadelphia hood....The kind of guy who "arranged" things for the highest bidder..Usually murder and kidnap...He also was a loan shark.

Kool Kat took the door of his apartment off the hinges...and Owen and Donald Smooth put the muzzles of their guns in the sides of his two henchmen...

"Heyyyy what the hell is this?" said Goldie...

"It's explanation time you cheap punk." I said as I aimed my .45 at his head and charged towards him....


''Do you boys know who I am?" He said as Donald Smooth and Owen Todd entered behind me...He hadn't seen Kool Kat yet.

I grabbed him by his collar and slammed him into the wall....He still had that stupid toothy grin on his face.

"Do you know who I AM?  " I asked...

"Yeah...Yeah..You're Chess, Chris Thompson's boy." he said.

''So why did you send hitters to my house?" I asked.

''Who me? Come on....I would never do a thing like that.." he said , still smiling that nutty smile of his...

Kool Kat ,who was now in the room had heard enough...He passed me his gun.

''Watch laughing boy here" he said

"Huh?" I asked , a little confused...

''Wait a minute Chess, let me try something." he said...

He cocked my gun and shot Goldie in the shoulder....

"ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH, you crazy son of a...." he yelled in pain as blood poured down his side and onto the floor and he slumped over his desk.

"Alright now Goldie.....Next time Chess asks you a question and you lie...I'm gone shoot yo foot off...Then after that I'm just gonna kill you." he said with no hint of a smile..

They certainly knew who Kool Kat was and what he was capable of...and now all smiles were gone..

One of his Henchmen fainted...The other one began urinating.....

"Hey man...get a hold of yourself " said Owen Todd....

"Okay...Okay....A West Oak Lane player by the name of Bruce Studden put the contract out on you and Chris...He can't locate Chris...but he knows where you live and work...I just supplied him with guys....First time, two of my guys got shot....And I guess the second group I sent didn't do any better huh?" he said.

"Guess not....Okay Goldie...Here's the deal...You're out of business  as of right now....Give Bruce his money back or whatever...I don't care...Tell him you work for Chris and Me now....I want information on him..Where he lives, Where he eats and drinks, the book!" I said.

"Okay...Okayyyyy...just get me a Doctor....I've been shot.." he said.

"You'll live." said Donald Smooth.

"Don't get your blood on my suit...This is an expensive suit." said Kool Kat.

Once we were all in the hallway, I pulled Kool Kat to the side....I was half laughing and half serious.

"I know Kevin doesn't let you get down like this." I said.

"Nah...Kev would've had a heart attack if he had witnessed that last play...but with these street dudes, you gotta play hardball sometimes, let em know you serious.....but Kev is still my dude." he laughed.

Donald Smooth and Owen Todd left too... As he was leaving, Owen Todd looked at the guy who had urinated on himself and said-

"You know man....They sell Depends at the WAWA, but you look a bit young to have to be using those."

The guy shrugged...Goldie, who was still holding his bleeding shoulder yelled to one of them..

"Get on the phone and call a Doctor..and you...get a mop and clean that piss up and then after that...you fired...Don't come round here no more...You're embarrassing....People all over the city gone be laughing at me..I gotta reputation to uphold." he snapped.

We heard that as we were walking down the steps..We all laughed.

III-





We met with Chris Thompson at Jakes Hot Dog joint later on that day and told him of the early morning activities...Naturally he laughed.....

"Sorry about your troubles Chess...It's really me that Bruce wants....But I'm impressed with the way you guys went about getting the information....I got a scope on Killer Bruce anyway...A cat I used to know from the neighborhood told me where he might be." said Chris.

"Oh yeah?" I said.

"Yeah, he gave me a couple of adresses. Looks like tomorrow, we pay Mr. Studden a little visit." said Chris.

"I'm down with that." said Donald Smooth.

"Me too." I said.

(To Be Continued...)

2 comments:

Swaggie said...

Wow...To think that they got that close to Chess....That was close..

Tate 2 said...

Kool Kat is no joke...LOL! Wow...Loved this installment. Chris Thompson didn't show up until near the end...That babe has really got him sprung..Interesting twist.