Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Frisky...



Usually my partner, Chess would be telling this story, but he and his wife Rell are about to welcome their second child into the world...So me, Chris Thompson will be telling this story... Me, reformed gangster...Now, successful and semi-honest businessman... We own several apartment and condo units...a juice bar , a couple of gyms and a few other small businesses...We financed a very successful shopping center that houses several of our friend's businesses... All under Chess and I's umbrella company...C&C Brothers Inc.  Needless to say...I'm making more money now than I ever did when I was hustling.(Ie-selling drugs)

I was sitting in a coffee shop having my third hot steaming tumbler of coffee and waiting for Donald "Smooth", perhaps the only friend I know of that's been with me longer than my main man, Chess...  It wasn't long before Donald Smooth walked in and sat down with me at my table...He passed me an envelope...An envelope filled with money...What I called "Lunch money"

This lunch money was from the one illegal activity that Chess, Donald and I were still involved in...A high stakes card game that we ran from time to time....We didn't need the money...We were making money hand over foot, but we were investing our company's money into our family and our businesses...This money was untaxable and free and fun....

"Did you give Chess his end?" I asked.

"Yeah..I stopped by his house first and I deducted my end....The rest is all yours daddy." he said..

" Cool beans...." I laughed...

"Rell is big...she's ready to have that baby any day now." said Donald as he headed to the counter to order some coffee...

My partner, Chess had been so busy with his pregnant wife and his small son that he hadn't been around the office or the card game lately.... Even I hadn't been with the card game..Donald "Smooth" was running it.. I spent my days meeting with contractors and construction guys, who were working on two properties we had bought and were turning into condos...After meeting with them..I spent the rest of my afternoons in Josies, shooting the breeze with Gus and Honey Brown....

I had moved into a new apartment building recently...One that Chess and I bought and were renovating... I still hadn't bought a house yet and I was still subject to move at the drop of a hat... Chess used to just look at me and shake his head and laugh..

"Chris...Chris daddy, when you gonna settle down?" he'd say.

'I'll sleep when I'm dead." I'd reply.

''Aint nobody said nothin about sleep..I said settle down..with one woman, a house...a couple of kids." he said.

"One of these days Chess..No time soon." I laughed.






''So what's up for today?" asked Donald ''Smooth"..

"Chess wants me to go meet this woman, a Rita Davis something or other about purchasing the Apartment complex across the street from me..." I said.

"Across the street from you?  That burned out joint?" asked Donald "Smooth"

"It's not burned out...It's just been empty for about a year and the punk kids broke out some of the windows..We got a crew comin in to put in new windows and gut the place...When we get through with it...You won't recognize it." I said.

"Yeah? ,Well that'll be an improvemant..I'm sure.." said Donald...I just smiled.

II-

I next drove into center city and picked up a few tailor made suits, I had waiting for me and then I stopped at the dry cleaners and picked up a few suits that I had in there....I then stopped by Fathead's office and shot the breeze with him and Roscoe and Ralph Mole...Finally, I drove over to Rita Davis's office.

Rita didn't look anything like what I expected , which was an older and white woman...Rita was a sister and she was fine...Had curves on top of curves...Attitude too!  As soon as I walked in...She looked at her watch.

"You're late Mr. Thompson." she said.

"And you're fine.." I said with a smile.

''Save that okay..If you don't value my time, you don't value my business." she snapped.

"Okay..Okay...How late am I?" I asked.

"About two hours." she lied...I was actually ,maybe a half an hour late.

"Okay...well I'm very sorry I'm late...I had a few other things to take care of...I'm a very busy man myself." ,I lied.

''Where's your partner?" she asked.

"Chess?..He's with his wife...She's about to give birth." I said.

"He set this deal up and he's the only reason I'm going to do business with you." she said rather tersly..

She had no idea who I was, or rather who I used to be....Nobody and I mean nobody ever talked to me like that...There are cats on the block this very day that wouldn't dream of raising their voice to me like this broad was doing...I just chuckled to myself.

"What's so funny?" she said.

"You are." I said.

"Why am I funny?" she asked...

''No reason...Let's get down to business..I have the papers here in my briefcase." I said as I laid out everything.

"I've already met with your attorney...Conrad Nelson." she said.

"Good..." I responded.

"That's a nice suit...Italian isn't it?" she asked.

"Yes it is." I responded...

"Those shoes....They look like they cost about a G." she said...

"You're close..." I said...

"And that cologne smells very good Mr. Thompson.....Hmmmmm...You dress too well to be just an average ghetto real estate guy." she said.

"Who said I was average?  and aint nothin ghetto about me." I said in all seriousness.

"I've seen your type before...Most of my life....You're a drug dealer aren't you?  You and Mr. Chess are buying this property to launder money aren't you?" she asked.

"You know baby..you ask a lot of questions.....The wrong questions....but to answer your question...No..I'm not a drug dealer...and haven't been for years...Mr. Chess was never one...We co-own C& C brothers , a legitimate company...You can look it up." I said.

"Oh I did..I checked you both out.....No record, Legit company, owns a lot of real estate.....but you more than Mr. Chess just has that street look about you...That hustler look." she said.

"Is that going to stop you from doing business with us?" I asked.

"No...I'm just makin an observation.." she said.

"Okay...heres a pen..." I said and passed her my pen.....

She looked at me, frowned and signed the papers and I presented her with a cashier's check as agreed.

"Pleasure doin business with you.....Hey, look....we got off on the wrong foot tonight...Why don't you let me make it up to you...Some Dinner, Some drinks....Uh...There's not a Mister   Davis...is there?" I asked.

"Wow...you ask that last, after you make your pitch huh?" she said and for the first time , she laughed...

"Well is there?" I asked.

"No..Not at the moment....not that that would be any of your concern..This is just a business date...We aint gettin frisky..cause I don't play that." she said.

"No..I'm sure you don't." I said....

Liar!!!!

(To be continued....)

6 comments:

Sunflower said...

Nice to see Chris and Chess back..and nice to see Chris telling the story for a change...

Tate 2 said...

I was wondering when Chris and Chess would be back in a story..This particular story appears to be different...No gangster stuff.

Anonymous said...

I know my panties are going to flying soon..I can't wait!

Brenda said...

@Anonymous- I see you can't wait...So excited, you left a word out...LMBAO!

Swaggie said...

Yeah she lyin...Straight lyin..lol!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I KNOW how this is gonna play out!LOL!