Thursday, January 5, 2012

Guy Walks Into a Bar....






Peepin Tom and Lockpick Johnson had got inside and wired the dive bar 'Desperations' for sound and video..which enabled me and my associates, Kool Kat, Owen Todd ,Clerow and Sean Jackson to monitor the action inside the bar and listen in for conversations....

My wife Sepia and Robert Foxworth's wife Bonita rented a room directly across the street from the bar in a seedy little joint...Under the cover of the night...Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and Sean Jackson set up an
operations room....Complete with Flat Screen monitors and electronic equipment as well as high powered cameras... They disguised themselves as Movers, so as not to arouse any suspicion....Owen Todd and Clerow acted as security....Sepia and Bonita were only seen once...As the ones who actually rented the room..After the first day, neither of them ever came back to the room...

Owen and Clerow always let us in from the backstairs....Tonight, Kool Kat and I joined the crew in our room.

"Well guys, what have you got?" I asked.


''Oh Plenty Kev"said Lockpick Johnson.

"The customer comes in....He makes small talk with the bouncer at the door...a guy named Slackjaw Thompson, according to Kool Kat....Slackjaw leads him to the back room where he checks the money..Tells him he's good , then nods to Petey Boy who motions him to go outside...While he's outside...A guy walks  down the street and passes him the package with the dope...Apparently ,this guy gets a call from a cell phone saying -''It's all good, walk up the street." , Which would mean nothing if we didn't have the video to show him handing off the package." said Peeping Tom.....

"I've got some still photos of everybody coming and everybody going...." said Sean Jackson...

"True...but nothing to tie Petey Boy to anything ..He never touches the stuff and we don't have him saying anything....He just tends bar and nods." said Clerow.

"So we know the dope is coming out of there..but what about the re-up?" I asked.

''Well we got your boy...somebody that fits your boys description walking in there with a briefcase, getting an envelope from Slackjaw , nodding to Petey Boy and leaving....Never talking...." said Owen Todd..

"I need more...something to tie them both to the murders..." I said. " Good Work anyway guys...Just sit on this place...Come on Kools...We got an errand to run ." I said as we left them there.

Kool Kat and I walked downstairs and out of the alleyway to his car...

''What's up Kev?" He asked.

''Gotta go see my favorite attorney..See what he's got for me." I said

II-





At Robert Foxworth's office, he and Chance had the information I wanted on Detective Ray Stanton....

''Sissy give you any resistance?" I asked with a smile..

"Not when I told her it was for you...Naturally she wanted to know why you wanted information on one of her detectives...I told her about your case and your suspicions....She uh er walked away and I er uh momentarily xeroxed this open file and brought it back here to you...." said Robert Foxworth...

"Good old Sissy...Man , you know I love your wife Bonita...and I didn't know your second wife...but Sissy was a keeper...You should still be married to her." I said.

"Yeah, I know...Everytime I see her I feel like kicking myself." said Robert Foxworth.. "Anyway..your boy is a decorated supercop...Decorated for bravery three times, graduated tops in the academy, took criminology courses in college...the whole nine...As a Detective, he worked Narcotics...Served with the DEA joint drug task force...Had the highest number of arrests period...Took down some major, major players in his day too."
he continued.

"Damn ,just like that other cop ...Remember Dave Gillespie?" I asked.

''Yeah..the one who's partner was bangin his wife and who killed his partner and an innocent guy and a girl?"asked Robert Foxworth.

"Yup....These two guys are just alike....Somewhere down the line they both went bad....I imagine after you've spent years busting guys who spend your monthly take home pay for lunch, you get a little jaded..." I said.

"He's been under suspicion for about a year now....a lot of evidence has vanished from out of property....Guess what kind of evidence?" asked Robert...

"Dope and Coke" I said.

"Yeah and shell casings....." said Robert.

"Yeah...and now both of my stick up boys are dead....before I even got a chance to talk to em." I said.

"Yeah.....Here's his photo...." said Robert.

"That's him...that's the one who took the call and threatened the witness and he's the one who frequents the bar...Desperations." I said.

"That dump? I thought they closed that place a long time ago." said Robert....  I looked at him and just shook my head...  ''Wait a minute...What witness?" he asked.

''Some guy I met on the street called the police to report what he had seen in the projects the other night..only he didn't know he was talking to the actual murderer...Stanton threatened him and his family." I said.

"This witness give you a name?" asked Robert.

"Nah...." I said...

"Well....then  I assume he's never seen who he was talking to huh?" asked Robert....

"I'm sure he didn't...." I said.....Then my eyes got large.......Robert and I both looked at Chance Howard who was reading the paper...

"Counselor....I like the way you think." I said.

"Hey Chance...come here." said Robert..

III-






Chance Howard ,dressed in jeans and sneakers and a hoodie, walked into the bar with Owen Todd at his side for protection...He saddled up to Petey Boy and began to talk...

"Hey Look, My name is Daz.Can I see you in private?" he asked.

" That supposed to mean somethin to me? Huh? Private???....Nah..I'm busy." said Petey Boy...

"I think you might want to talk to me in private..." said Chance.

''Look Daz or whatever your name is.....You talk to Slackjaw...We don't do that upfront youngin...ya feel me?" said Petey Boy..

''Well How bout murder? You do THAT upfront?" asked Chance...

"Murder? Okay....Tommy...take over the bar.....Let's go to the back kid..just you..." he said.

"Uh-Uh..I'm comin too." said Owen Todd..

"No you aint." said Petey Boy...

Owen opened his coat and showed him his .44 magnum...

"I insist." he said.

"Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....Can't argue with that?" said Petey Boy.... Owen and Chance walked to the back where Slackjaw and another thug frisked them both... Of course they weren't wired...they didn't have to be..We had the entire joint wired already...We could see and hear everything...

"We know about your little operation in here...I don't care about that..I want your boy..." said Chance..

''My boy?" asked Petey Boy.

"Your cop pal who killed my friends...Ray Ray and Ricky Rector....I seen him kill Ray -Ray and I know he killed Rick....They was stick up kids...I warned em that they was in over they head up here...but they wouldn't listen..but he aint have to kill em like dogs...." said Chance.

"You seen him do Ray Ray?" asked Petey Boy..

''Sure did." said Chance.

"So what do you want?" asked Petey Boy...

"Tell me where he lives or how I can get next to him." said Chance.

"You gonna do a cop? You ? HAhahahahahahaahahahahaahahahah." laughed Petey Boy...

"You give him up...or I give this spot up.....One or the other...." said Chance...

"You gotta lot of balls kid, comin in here." said Slackjaw , who was going for a gun...only Owen beat him to it and put the muzzle of his .44 to his forehead...Chance put my.38 smokeless, (which I had loaned him)to Petey Boy's nose...

"Okay...take it easy...take it easy....cool it kid.....Look...this is his home address....and he drinks in that bar over on the east side....The Aqua club...it's upstairs on the third floor of this address....That's all we know..When we need him, we call him there...." said Petey Boy.

''Good...don't try no funny stuff either or We'll be back."said Chance as he and Owen walked out and down the street, four blocks away to Kool Kat's car.....

"Worked like a charm Kev." said Chance...

I laughed ...."Good work kid....Good Work... Kools...Owen..drop Chance off at his house...I'm going back to the room." I said and got out of the car.

I walked back to the apartment we had rented across the street from the bar.......

Clerow, Sean Jackson , Lockpick Johnson and Peeping Tom were there....

''Boss, it worked like a charm...As soon as Chance left, they got on the phone.. listen to this said Clerow as Peeping Tom ran the tape...

''Yeah Ray...Ray...This is Petey Boy.."


''What's up?"  


''What's Up? What's up is you gotta major problem son...Some punk kid...calls himself Daz....Says he saw you whack Ray-Ray.....and knows you whacked the other one, Ricky Rectum or Rector...He's comin for ya at that old Aqua Bar..You know? The one upstairs??? I told you that you shoulda lured them two somewhere and then have done em?"


"Look, how was I gonna do that...Those two moved around...I had been in those projects waitin on them all day...I lucked up and run across this one dartin through the courtyard and I snuffed him....I took the other one out on the boat and popped his ass...No witnesses..Heyy ,is this a clean phone?"


"Now you ask? Of course...It's my phone in the back room...Nobody but me and Slack spend anytime back there..."


"Good ...Thanks for lookin out....I'll be waitin for this punk kid when he gets here... "


"Tommy took a photo of him and another guy that was with him from his phone...I'll have him send the photos to your phone."


"Good ..I'll be waiting..."


''And Ray..No witnesses. Do it clean this time."


'Won't even be a body...I'm a cop remember? I know how to take care of these things.."

Click!

I looked around at my crew.... "Pack up guys..We got everything we need...." I said.

Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson, Sean Jackson and Clerow immediately began disassembling everything and preparing it for the van that was parked in the driveway.....

"The DEA will love this stuff." I said.

''You don't trust the Philly cops?" asked Lockpick Johnson..

"Not with this...I don't know how deep this runs...Let the federalis..take these clowns down....and as for Detective Stanton..Well.. He and I have an appointment." I said.

(Conclusion Next)

No comments: