Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Moving Day



Three weeks after that disasterous dinner , Clerow and Harry Charles rented two U-haul trucks and moved Conchita's stuff to the new house that she was renting to buy from Bonita and my wife, Sepia....Robert Foxworth, Chance Howard, Owen Todd and Sean Jackson were already at the house, along with myself...We unloaded the trucks and took the furniture and belongings inside and arranged them just the way Conchita wanted them....Sepia, Bonita, Bernadette, Corabeth , Sheila and Anita had picked up take out platters of Pancakes, sausage, Eggs, bacon, Hash browns and hot tumblers of coffee for all of us guys who were moving and helping out.. They were helping out too...inside.

"I can't thank you guys enough for all of your help.  I would have never of gotten this done this fast by myself." said Conchita.

''Sure you would ...I told you that I could have handled this by myself...you didn't need all of these people." said Dale Evans....  (Yes...He was there too...doing more talking than actually working.)

Owen Todd, Clerow and I shot him a side eye.....Robert Foxworth and Sean Jackson just ignored him...

"Dale...I don't want to hear what you would've done....okay?  These people are doing it now...In fact, why are you even here?" said Conchita....

"I picked up your keys from Miss Bonita...You probably forgot didn't you?" he said as he tossed her the keys.

''Oh!...Well thank you." said Conchita.


"I want John to have a house already set up for him when he gets here...with his stuff...." said Conchita.

''Yeah , everything for John!" smirked Dale... Conchita and Sepia just glared at him and walked away.

II-






Just then a gray 2011 BMW pulled up in front of the house....Inside was a  six foot four, brown skinned Black man with wavy hair  and an ear ring in his left ear....It was John...The man I'd seen in the video....

Conchita's eyes lit up!

"John....What are you doing up here?  I wanted to surprise you?" she gushed...

''Surprise me? You texted me yesterday about this." he said.

"Text you?  I didn't text you." she said.

''Sure you did...When I get a minute...I'll show you." he said... My brother is coming up with the UHaul..He's just a block or two behind me." he said.

"Oh Johnnnn." she gushed....''Hey Guys...This is my fiance John.. John, this is my girl, Sepia...she used to babysit me back in West Orange....and this is her husband Kevin.....and his friends, Sean, Owen, Clerow, Robert , Harry and Chance.....This is Bernadette, Harry's wife, Sheila, Sean's Wife, Corrie, Clerow's wife and Anita....Chance's girlfriend and Corrie's younger sister and Miss Bonita and her husband, Robert.." she said.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance." He said..

He seemed like a pleasant enough fellow.   I looked around and I noticed that Dale Evans was nowhere to be found!!!!!! I walked down the street...His car was gone too...I hadn't even heard him pull off!

John's brother, George pulled up in a U-haul a  few minutes later and we began unloading his things and helping them set things up....It wasn't hard work...but it did take up a Saturday...

After we finished...John and George shook our hands....

"Hey Kevin...Thanks for all of you and your friends help....You know, I used to live here...Any place to get some cold beers and some hot wings?" He asked.

Robert, Sean, Clerow and Chance all smiled....

''Boy do I know a place just for that." laughed Harry Charles....

"Hey ladies...We are gonna take John and George to Josies....You guys are welcome to come." I said.

"No, you go on..We have girl talk to do." said Sepia....

With that, we all sighed a sigh of relief...This time , we didn't actually want them to come, but I felt as if I should at least make the offer...

With that , Clerow, Harry,Owen, Sean, Robert Foxworth, Chance and I all got in our cars and led John and George to Josies for some beers, hot wings ,pizza and Football....





As we headed there...I noticed Dale's car heading back in the direction of the girls....I wondered why he was going back there...I wondered where he had gone to?  I certainly understood why he didn't want to meet John...I just wish he wouldn't torture himself so...




At Josies....We all ran into Chris Thompson, Donald Smooth and Chess....Upon seeing us they all broke out into laughter....

''Boys afternoon out eh?" Laughed Chris...

"You know it." I laughed...

"Hey Gus...Two Pizzas and two orders of 16 assorted Bufallo wings....and drinks for all of us...On me." laughed Chris.....

"Hey Thanks man." I said as we all introduced John and George and sat down at two large tables.  We watched two different football games on the two flat screen tv's that Gus had recently installed.

Kool Kat wandered in with Lockpick Johnson a little while later...They came up to me as I was at the bar ordering beers..

"Hey Kev....You know that guy ...that last client of yours? " he asked...

"Yeah, Dale ..What about him?" I asked.

"I saw him at the locksmith's yesterday..." he said.

''Oh yeah..He was picking up the keys to Conchita's place." I said.

"Nah...He got those keys from Bonita...He was having keys made." he said,

"Having Keys made?" I asked.

"Yeah and I wondered why, since ,you know..she told me that it wasn't nothin up between them." he said.

"Hold up...she told YOU, that there was nothing up?  How do you even know her?" I asked.

"Well..she was in Ciros one night and I was there and we got to talkin...and then I run into her in the Aqua Bar and she looked like she had a little game, so you know...She and I got to talkin some more and then I seen him with her and I remembered that you was doing some work for him...and I uh asked her if they was kickin it and she said no...they was just friends.." he said.

"Don't you have a woman?" I asked.

''Yeah, but I aint got a ring on my finger." he said.

I just laughed.....Kool Kat was too much...

''Anyway..if I was you Kev..I'd keep my eye on that cat...He worries me." said Kool Kat.

Dale was starting to worry me too!

(To Be Continued...)

4 comments:

Sunflower said...

This story was so nice and peaceful,I nearly forgot that this is a Kevin Mystery......I know that this is just a set up for mayhem to come.

Brenda said...

Nice little story..Nice to see most of the Escapades family in it...and nice touch that the sinister element is right there in the backdrop!

James Perkins said...

Dale definitely bares some watching!

Vanessa said...

LOL...Kool Kat is a mess...LMBAO!
"You better watch that dude Kev."
LOL!