Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winken,Blinken And Shot!



Robert Foxworth and I were enjoying a delicious New York Strip Steak and Baked potato at a nice bistro near his office a few days later and talking...

"Well Kev, how is the great investigation of one John Scurlock going?" he asked.

" He doesn't say much on the phone, but two suspicious looking guys have come by and he has given them an envelope stuffed with money...He doesn't talk in the office, so I don't know what he says to them.  He pretty much goes to the office...Goes to a bar, stops off at a strip club and goes home...Same routine everyday." I said.

"He married? Got any kids?" asked Robert.

"No...neither." I said.

"Well he's loaded...I put Chance and the new guy, Cole on all of that financial information you and your crew turned up....Lord Jesus man...He's been bleeding this company and two others he's involved in dry for close to five years...No wonder Lisa and Gary wanted to see the actual books....This guy is a mechanic the way he has changed the numbers around and moved things from different accounts to his private accounts...and he has several...in the Cayman Islands, the Bahamas...you name it... You got enough to get this guy a long stretch in a federal pen....The embezzlement, the tax evasion...the deception...You got it all Kev..." said Robert Foxworth..

''How about murder? I'm talking about three murders here possibly?" I said..

"Nothing here like that." he said-"But enough to take him off the street for up to 25 years at least." he added.



I poured some wine and pondered just what I could do.    I had located the former accounting company and talked in length with several people there about Scurlock....They all seemed frightened of him and wouldn't tell me much.

My android went off just then...It was Sepia...

"Hey Babe what's up?" I said.

"Kev...You'd better come home...It's important." she said.

''What are you doing home?" I asked ,but she hung up.

''Everything alright?" asked Robert Foxworth.

"No..it's not...Sepia drove to work this morning..she didn't say anything about going home....Call Kool Kat..tell him to meet me at my house...Tell him I said to park three blocks away...He'll know what I mean." I said.

"Oh okay Kev...You want me to come with you?" he asked...I smiled at my good friend...

"Nah Robert... Just call Kool Kat." I said.


II-



I drove up to my house.... I had a .22 in the small of my back, my .38 smokeless in my shoulder holster and another .22 strapped to my ankle under my left trouser leg.   I put my key in the door...Just then, a familiar looking man in a black trenchcoat and a big floppy hat put a pistol in my back...He took my .38 smokeless and then reached around and took my .22 out of the small of my back....

"Quiet..don't make any fuss...I might just get nervous and fire my gun." he said.  I noticed that he blinked a lot....

I said nothing...I walked inside and another man...His identical twin had a gun on Sepia...She was sitting on the couch looking scared. He kept winking..What was with all of this winking? Meanwhile his brother kept blinking...These two were creeping me out!

"What's this about?" I asked.

"I think you know...Mr. Kevin Morris, private investigator....You been askin too many questions..." said the one who kept blinking


"Kev...they walked up on me when I was at the market." said Sepia.

"Shut up." said the one who kept winking....Now I recognized them....by their clothing...They were the men from the video...The second set of guys who went inside the Hughes office and came out with plastic bags... and got in the old Ford Fairlaine.


I lunged at him, but the one with the gun on me who kept blinking cocked his pistol and said- "I wouldn't do that if I was you partner...No need in dying sooner than you have to." he said.

"But we are going to die ? You came here to kill us?" I said.

"Pretty much. but we want to know the location of the girl first" said the one who kept blinking.

"What girl?" I asked.

''Don't play dumb...We know the receptionist gave you some folders she took out of the office...Tell us where she is and get her over here..It'll go easier for you if you do....Otherwise..We'll have to torture you a little bit....I could start with your pretty wife and make you watch." said the one who blinked a lot.

"Just like you did Lisa and Gary Hughes? huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, just like we did them....Cause they asked too many questions." said the one who kept winking.

''And Brother you talk too much." said the blinking one...Obviously the leader and the smarter of the two.

"Hell, we gonna kill em anyway, what's it matter?" asked the one who winked.

"Yeah, you're right...but don't say anymore than you have to." his brother said and blinked.  This was getting on my nerves more than them having a gun drawn on me and my wife, I thought.

"Where is the girl?" asked the one who blinked a lot and had a gun trained on Sepia.

"I don't know..I told her to get gone...I didn't ask her where she was going." I said, which was the truth!

"Oh.....I see you're going to make this rough...maybe I should shoot you in the kneecap first..I heard that smarts." said the one who blinked a lot and had a gun trained on me.

"Hey the two of you ever consider going to an optometrist about that thing with your eyes?" I said.

Sepia giggled...The one that winked cocked his pistol and aimed it at Sepia's temple.

"SHUT UP!  OR I'LL BLAST BOTH OF YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!" he yelled.

"Relax brother, don't let him rile you...We'll get our shot eventually." he said and blinked twice.

" Just like Gary and Lisa got their shots huh?. Did John Scurlock send you here?" I asked...

"There you go again...asking questions..." he said..

"Brother..I heard something..Somebody else is in here." said the one who winked.

"Anyone else live here?" he asked.

"No...Maybe we are being robbed." I said. Sepia laughed out loud this time..

"You  two got  smart mouths for two people who are about to die." he snapped..".Go sit down on that couch next to your wife..." he said ,Blinking.

I did as I was told.

"Somebody else is in here." said the one who winked a lot.

"You're hearing things.You got problems with your ears too...Damn..you guys are messed up" I said.

"SHUT UPPP!" he snapped...Sepia giggled , which seemed to enrage him even more.

"Brother stop letting him get into your head..ignore him ." said the one who blinked a lot...

"Yeah,listen to your brother..  Seriously though...I know a doc who could cure that problem you both have..For real." I said.

"WHYYY YOUUUUU!" screamed the one who winked ,before his brother calmed him down and looked at me sternly....

"You know Kevin...I'm gonna enjoy shooting you...and before I do..I'm gonna make you watch us both rape your pretty wife..Got anything smart to say now laughing boy?" he yelled.

"I think your brother is right, somebody is definitely in here..I heard something too.Oh and damn man, a Tic Tac wouldn't hurt...your breath is wicked." I said.

"Ohhhhh, you aint gonna make it out of this house alive smart guy." he said as they both looked out of the back window into our driveway.

While they were momentarily turning their attention elsewhere, I quietly unstrapped my .22...just in time for Kool Kat to appear in the kitchen!!!..He had come up from the back entrance...


He looked at me...I nodded. He aimed his .44 mag at the one who blinked a lot and fired...His gun was loud ! and the hole it made between the eyes of the man who blinked was huge!!!...He left his feet and fell against the wall and then slid down to the floor. He was dead before he hit the floor!

I pulled out my little .22 and fired two rounds at the man who winked a lot...One hit him in the side and the the second one hit him in the chest...he tossed his gun up in the air...and yelled -''Wooooouuuuuuuuuu..."like a woman!! Kool Kat watched him spin around like a top and couldn't hold back his laughter!

"AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I don't believe it..I've been shotttttt!" he screamed as he fell to the floor bleeding profusely....

I stood over him and smiled-

"Man...I sure wish you had of let me give you the address of that eye doctor....Oh well, you won't need it now." I said.

He spit blood and gurgled...."You ...You...You...you.....You go straight to hell..."

"Uhhh not before you do PARTNER!   I've sent a few people there...Give em my regards...Will you?" I said.

"I'm all shot to hell..." he muttered...Those were his last words in this life.........
He died right there on my living room floor! Eyes wide open!!

''Well, at least he aint winkin anymore." I mused

Kool Kat laughed...He grinned like a cheshire cat...I looked at him and I have to admit...I laughed too...I had been hanging around the big man too long. Sepia cracked up laughing....Here we had almost been killed and the three of us were laughing..This was a bizzarre day.

Kool kat untied Sepia...He shook his head-

"Why are they always so surprised when they get shot?" he laughed...

"I don't know..you'd have to ask someone else that." I said.."Thanks for the save man." I continued...

"No problem...I needed some practice anyway." he said.

"Sepia...call the police..." I said.

"What? You're gonna leave me here with two corpses?...Uh Uh..No you aint." she said.

"You got a point." I laughed.

Kool Kat laughed too and shook his head.

III-




Sepia, Kool Kat and I stood outside with Homicide Lt.Sissy Van Buren and several policemen and detectives as the bodies of the two gunmen identified as Fred ''Winky"Angel and Arthur "Blinky" Angel were carted away...


"Wow Kevin, you caught two big ones... Those two are high priced hitters...Suspects in close to 25 murders in Philly,Baltimore,D.C..." she said.

"Them?  They couldn't even see." I said.

"Don't let their affliction fool you...They are pretty efficient..We have never been able to get anything on them." she said.

"Yeah and now they are dead and I'll never find out what happened to the Hughes." I said.

"Oh well, win some ,lose some." she said "Let's pack it in boys." she said as they pulled off....Sure enough...The Ford Fairlaine was two blocks away....The police towed it.....


I held Sepia in my arms...Kool Kat stood there too......

"We ought to go pay Scurlock a visit Kev." he said.

"In time Big Man..In time...." I said.

(Conclusion Next)

7 comments:

SLC said...

Kevin, y'all need to go to church. This killin' and corpse thing is getting to be too comfortable for y'all. And to think this started as a relationship between a blogger and a follower of the blog from New Jersey. Now they teasing eye twitching hit men and laughing when they get shot up. Y'all need to go to church.

I'll see y'all in the next episode. You know, so I can pray for ya

SLC

Toni said...

LOL @ SLC.....

Swaggie said...

Hot Damn...Just what I like, Guns Blazing....Loved it...Glad to see Kool Kat in action again!

Tate 2 said...

Loved it....Kevin and Kool Kat make a great one two punch!

Sean said...

I laughed through the entire sequence with Kevin and the two eye twitching hitmen... I knew that Kool Kat was on the way to bring the pain, so I was never worried about Kev and Sepia's survival...Great story.

sunflower said...

Once again, you brought the ruckus! LOL!...But these two rather deserved what they got!

Brenda said...

Priceless! When Kevin said-"Maybe we are being robbed." I screamed with laughter....And I found myself cheering when Kool Kat got there and the guns started blazing...Actually liked this!