Thursday, February 23, 2012

Brandi Returns


Nicole Butler and I were out at a new bar, a spot called the "Aqua Bar"...with our friends..Paris, his date, Nadine Green...Blake, his girlfriend, Cherish...Chance Howard , his girlfriend, Anita Jenkins..and Sean Jackson and his wife, Sheila...

''Wow this place is nice!" I mused as we all were seated in our booth, which was shaped like a clam shell... The entire bar was one long aquarium with aquatic life floating around in it...while the top was pure marble...It was beautiful....There were black flat screen television sets above us with music videos from BET or Sportscenter..depending on what side you were sitting...

''Nice and High"said Blake... Sean Jackson seconded him- ''I hear that"  The girls all laughed...

''Stop being so cheap...if it were up to you we'd go to Josies everytime we went out."said Cherish.

''What's wrong with Josies...It's clean and plus they have live music?"said Paris..

"Josies is great...I got nothing against Josies, but we go there all the time...This is different." said Cherish..

"Cherish, it's fine." said Nicole Butler...

Paris bought the first round...Blake bought the second and Sean bought the third round... We all laughed and talked and drank for the next two or three hours....

"Hey guys..let's go get some grub ,it's almost closing time... Breakfast is on me.." I said.

"That'll work"  said Sean Jackson...

"I'm in" said Paris.

"You know I'm down." said Blake.

As we were leaving, we saw the trumpet player, Downtown Rob Brown and his girlfriend Debbie...They had been seated at the bar....It had been so crowded that we hadn't noticed they were there..

''Heyy Rob, what's up baby?" I said.

''You know Rob?"asked  Nicole.

"Yeah...I used to go see him when he played D.C." I said.

"Hey Cole, Paris, Blake, Sean, ladies....So I see you discovered the new hot spot in the area huh?  Don't tell Gus I was in here..." he laughed.

''We won't tell if you won't."laughed Blake.

"Deal...Hey look...I'm playin Josies next Friday...and I got a hot new singer..." he said.

"Singer?  You sound like Reed Nelson ...I never figured you for the pop type." said Sean Jackson.

"I'm not...She sings straight Jazz...Get this..She's some type of International Lawyer...She just moonlighting as a singer...She was married, got divorced and now she's here in town...She auditioned for me..She's quite a singer. Come check me out." said Rob Brown..

"Deal..we'll be there." I said...

''Where you guys off to?asked Delores.

"We goin to get something to eat...why don't you join us?" asked Nadine...

"No thanks..we tired and we drunk....We on our way back to my place." said Rob.

Delores just smiled...but Nadine, Nicole, Cherish and Anita all gave her the side eye...She just giggled...We all KNEW what they were going to his place to do and it didn't involve sleeping.

II-


A week later, we were all at Josies... It was a full house...They had a comedian on who opened up for Rob...He was hillarious! He did a set and then Downtown Rob Brown came on....

''Ladies and gentlemen...it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you...my new soloist...Ms. Brandi Wells!!!" he said....

I thought I would fall through the floor!!! Brandi Wells was my ex-girlfriend...Nicole's sorority sister....and next door neighbor in the dorms back in college!!!

Nicole looked at me in shock.....

"Oh my God...Cole...it's Brandi..." she said.

"Yeah,I see.." I said..

"What are we gonna do?" she asked.

''What do you mean what are we gonna do? We are going to sit here and watch the show..We aint done nothin wrong...We are all adults." I said.

"I feel so bad...oh my God." said Nicole.

''What do you feel bad about?" I asked.

''I feel like I've betrayed my friend."she said.

"How???...We never did nothin in college..You wouldn't let me." I said.

"Yeah, but we sure have done a lot since college." said Nicole..

"Just pipe down...It'll be alright." I said...  I sure wished I believed that!

Paris ,Blake and Sean all turned and looked at me and began laughing...Dirty niggas!!
Neither Anita, Cherish or Nadine understood what was going on..but they did..They knew that Brandi and I were a couple many years ago....and now here I was with her
soror and best friend....who I was enthralled with....Not very comfortable...

Brandi came out...She looked incredible!!! She started singing and Rob Brown and his band began playing and the sweat began pouring down my back...I think Nicole felt uncomfortable too!

She was actually quite good...She always did have a great singing voice...even in college!  The crowd loved her and when Downtown Rob Brown did his trumpet solo, the crowd went wild...Even Gus , the bartender and owner of Josies was snapping his fingers and moving and grooving to the music...

Over in the corner...I saw Kevin Morris and his wife ,Sepia, Robert Foxworth, my boss and his foxy wife, Bonita and Clerow and his wife, Corrie sitting together,digging the music...It was a full house tonight...Chris Thompson and Chess, who I had rented my condo from, were also there with their ladies...

It was a good night! Nice crowd.....For awhile, I just relaxed and enjoyed the show...and then  it was over..they finished their set.


"Okay...Okay...Thank you...you're too kind...Okay, we are gonna take a break now...remember, be good to your waitresses and bartenders." said Downtown Rob Brown..

III-


I tried to squirm down in my seat, but Brandi saw me and blew me a kiss...I was so embarrassed, but what could I do?

After her set was over...Brandi came down into the crowd and mingled with the guests..She spotted us and walked over to our table..

"Oh My God...You Kappas are still hanging together...I don't beleive it!! Oh and they got you with them Nicole?/Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeeeeee.." she said.

"What's up soror?" said Nicole as she embraced Brandi...

She walked up to me and gave me a long sloppy wet kiss..she even stuck her tongue in my mouth...I felt myself getting hard, but I broke our embrace and eased away..

"Hiiiii Coley Cole..How you been?" she said seductively...

"I've been good.."I said.

"I heard you lived in DC ." she said.

"I did...but I moved up here a few months ago...I work with Chance at his law firm.." I said...

"Ohhh that's nice...Chance ,I hear you're practically a partner." she said.

"Yes..I'm Mr. Foxworth's right hand man...That's how I was able to get Cole the job...
This is Paris's lady friend...Nadine Green...She works at our firm too." he said.

"Pleased to meet you...I'm an attorney myself." she said.

"Really? Oh my God...you sing so well." said Nadine...

"I practiced International Law with my ex-husband...but when we split up...I decided to put the law practice behind me and do something I really wanted to do...sing." she said.

"Blake, Sean...Chance, don't be rude...introduce me to your friends.." said Brandi.

"Brandi...This is Cherish.." said Blake..

''Cherish..that's a beautiful name." said Brandi...

"Thank you." said Cherish.

"Brandi, this is Anita..Anita Jenkins..Anita, this is Brandi..We all went to college together." said Chance.

"Brandi, this is my wife, Sheila." said Sean Jackson...

"Your wife??? Sean...you married??" she said.

"Wow!! Of all of you..You're the last one I thought would be married....and here you're the first of the crew to get married." said Brandi who high fived Sheila..."Gurlllllll...there are stories I could tell you about this one, but since he's my homie..I won't...Congratulations girl." said Brandi...

and then....came my turn!!!! The entire room got quiet....

"So Nicole, you still seeing that Que named Joe ?" she asked.

"No Brandi, that ended years ago..." said Nicole as she looked down towards the ground...

Brandi then eased up to me and whispered in my ears...

"I hope you aint puttin that big horse you got in your pants in anybody on a steady basis because I been dreamin about sampling that again ever since I got back in the states." she said.

"Ugghhhh Brandi.... I am seeing someone.." I said.

"Oh you are?" she said.... ''Well why didn't you bring her?" asked Brandi.

"I did..she's here." I said.

(Conclusion Next)

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Uh Oh...Somebody is in deep doo doo!LOL!

Vanessa said...

Oh man...Cole is in a corner now, can't wait to read the next part of this story!

Cheryl said...

I just have to read the next part of this!

Tate 2 said...

All I'm gonna say is that I'm glad I'm not in his shoes!

Angie B. said...

I hope Cole mans up and doesn't come off like a jerk!

Toni said...

Wow! You continuously top yourself Keith!

Sunflower said...

Nice storyline...Love this!

Anonymous said...

"I hope you aint puttin that big horse you got in your pants in anybody on a steady basis because I been dreamin about sampling that again ever since I got back in the states."- Ouu that made me want to toss my panties up in the air!

Halo said...

LMBAO! @anonymous

James Perkins said...

Anonymous, you're killing me-LMBAO!