Friday, February 17, 2012

Reconsideration


I presented all of the documentation I had considering the financial rape of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Workers Pension Fund Board by Kenny ''Silk"Wooten and Jack Clemmons... If Jack wasn't going to make a stand ...I had to...Now that Marilyn was dead. I no longer cared anymore. I hadn't seen Jack since the murder of Marilyn Scott and that had been about a week now...I had heard that he had been drinking heavily.  He had resigned his position on the pension fund board.

"Mr. Morris...I appreciate your research very much...I had no idea this kind of foolishness was going on..." said the Board Chairman...Farley Mathis...

''Yes...Yes..Kevin is a close, personal friend of mine and when I got wind of this foolishness going on...I called him in on it."said Rollie Rollerson, which was a lie...but I let him get away with it.

"Good work Rollerson...Alright...Helga...Get Mr. Wooten in here right away." said Farley Mathis..

Kenny "Silk" Wooten strolled into the office with a tumbler of coffee..He had a bit of chit chat with one of the female administrative assistants...She laughed at whatever it was he said...And he chuckled...I wanted to knock that silly smile off of his face.

"Hey boss..what's going on?" he said...He then looked at me and Rollie Rollerson...

"Wooten....I've been going through these records...and I don't like what I see." said Mathis...

"Huh...What?" said a startled Kenny Wooten..

"These records go back over two years....You and Jim Madison have been bleeding our pension fund dry and covering it up...Then after he died, it appeared that you and Clemmons have been doing the same thing....Five defaulted loans...Millions of dollars..ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" said Mathis angrily!

"Huh...Now wait a minute...my name isn't on anything...I-I had nothing to do..." he sttuttered..

"Your influence and your dummy company that doesn't exist is all here in these documents....Oh and we found your accountant and your bookkeeper friends, Yeah....Before I fired  both of them, they verified everything that is in these files involving fraudulent loans and cooked books..sound familiar?, Whats more, on a DVD ,Marilyn Scott left , she corroborated everything the accountant and the bookkeeper told us ,before she met her untimely death last week.....I want you to clean out your desk....We are going to be pressing legal charges against you..." screamed Farley Mathis....who looked like he was just seconds from beating the crap out of Silk.

"Wait,wait.. this is all a mistake...All a big misunderstanding Mr. Mathis I'm asking for reconsideration..." said Kenny Wooten.

"I'll say it is...a two year mistake that we made allowing you on this board...Get your things and get the hell out...You'll be hearing from our attorneys.NOWConsider that!" said Farley Mathis.

Rollie Rollerson looked at me and smiled.....I wanted to enjoy this moment,but I couldn't...He still wasn't getting what he deserved for murdering Marilyn Scott...But at least he was off this board....I told both the accountant and the book keeper to pack a bag and get out of town for a few weeks.  I didn't want them to suddenly wind up in the river..They both thanked me and left Philadelphia promptly..I was the only person who knew their whereabouts!

"You're not even a lawyer...Apparently you lied about that and mis-represented yourself completely...Did you tell the truth about anything?, Just get the hell out Wooten...youuuu disgust me! " added Farley Mathis...

I had done some research and had pulled his application and then had done further checking and had discovered that he lied about going to college and he lied about being a lawyer as well...I presented this to the board also....But I still wasn't satisfied...I wanted him in jail!!

Just as Kenny Wooten was about to leave....Jack Clemmons burst into the office...He looked like he had been drinking...He walked up to Kenny Wooten and punched him in the jaw, knocking him down...

"You rotten son of a bitch...you murdered Marilyn...You murdered her...I shoulda listened to Kevin...I shoulda...." he screamed...

Kenny got to his feet and stared at Jack.....

"NOBODY HITS ME AND JUST WALKS AWAY"he screamed!!!

"I'm going to the FBI and I'm gonna tell em about you and your punk boy, Buck..I'm gonna tell em everything you damn crook..." he yelled...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." said Silk.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" screamed Jack.  People were crowding around...They apparently heard all of the yelling.

I grabbed Jack.....

"Jack...Jack...you're drunk...Come on...Come on..." I said , as I hustled him out of the room...

"You were right Kev...You were right...I shoulda listened to you...Now my sweet Marilyn is dead....deadddd..deadddddddddddddddddd.." he cried.

Kenny "Silk" Wooten followed us into the hall.....He was still staring...He looked at me with pure white hatred in his eyes...

"This was YOU...Your doing....You're gonna pay for this." he said.

I pushed Jack aside and walked up to Silk....My hand was on my gun....It was shaking....He saw it and he backed up...

"What did you say ?" I asked him.

Silk said nothing....He just rolled his eyes........Rollie Rollerson and Farley Mathis got in between us...

"Wooten...Get out of here before I call security!" said Farley Mathis.

I turned around and Jack was gone....

II-


That night, Clerow, Owen Todd ,Kool Kat and I sat in Josies...Having a few beers...Gus came over to where we were...

''So you got Silk fired huh?" he laughed...

"Yeah....I don't have enough to put him in jail for murder like he belongs...but at least he won't be raping that pension fund anymore...You know he had the nerve to threaten me?" I said.

"I wouldn't take that lightly kid...He's a dangerous guy." said Gus.

"Gus...I'm dangerous." I said... Gus smiled...

"Yes you are kid...yes you are..." he said.

Kool Kat, Owen Todd and Clerow laughed .....but our laughter was soon to be short lived..

My Android went off....It was Sean Jackson!!!

''What's going on Sean?" I said.

"Kev...it's Jack!  He's dead....Get over to his apartment complex....Man..it's bad..He either jumped or was pushed out of the 22nd floor window." he said.

''I'm on my way." I said.

"What's up Kev?" said Kool Kat.

"Come on guys...It's Jack Clemmons.....He's dead." I said...

"What the hell?" said Gus..

III-


Gus went with us...he left Honey Brown in charge of the bar...Sean Jackson waved us over....Lt.Sissy Van Buren and several Homicide detectives and policemen were already there...a crowd of people had gathered in the street....Jack's body was covered!

Kool Kat, Owen Todd,Clerow ,Gus and I walked up.....Lt. Sissy Van Buren looked at me....

"Your friend ,wasn't he?" she asked...

"Yeah...he was my friend..." I said.

"He worked at that pension fund didn't he? Just like that girl last week and like that man who's body we found in the park....What's going on there?" she asked.

"More than I can prove." I said.

"We checked the security cameras...Nothing.....and nobody seems to have seen anything....From the looks of his room..We don't know if he jumped or was pushed." she said.

"He was thrown out." I said.

"You know this?" she said.

"I can't prove it..." I said.

"Give me a name" she said.

"It doesn't matter." I said...

I looked at the body......I remembered one of our last conversations.




"Aww Kevin, you're crazy...Stop with the private eye jive okay...There is no conspiracy here...This is a business deal...Things happen in business." said Jack.


"...Silk is a drug dealer....Everybody on the streets in Philly knows who and what he is..Everybody except you." I said.


"What does he do with his money?...With the money you give him?" I asked.


"He's investing in some properties...a big real estate deal in New York...It's going to make us a pile of dough.."said Jack...


"Is that what he told you?.....It's going to make Silk a pile of dough...It's not going to make you a dime...Have you made any money yet? These guys are bad people and you don't make contracts with them...Once they don't need you, Once they can't use you anymore...the contract expires and when the contract expires...So do you...Ask James W. Madison." I said.


''Aww Kev...this is just business...MY BUSINESS...NOT YOURS." screamed Jack

Then I thought about our conversation, a week ago at another scene just like this-




"Marilyn.....Oh my God...Marilyn.....She's ......She's....:"


"She's dead, stupid..Still think your business partner is on the up and up?" I said.

I just stood there looking at his dead, broken body, feeling like I didn't do enough to save him....Hard to believe that it was only weeks ago we were all eating dinner....

"You gonna be alright kid?" asked Gus...

"Yeah...I suppose." I said.

"You know that he's coming after you next?" said Kool Kat.

"I worry about that like I worry about the sun coming up the next day." I said.

"Well...Look...he's out at the Pension board...so whoever he works for in New York has got to be pretty pissed at him right now...and he's about to be brought up on charges...What do you think he's doing right now?" asked Kool Kat.

"Trying to find a good lawyer." I said. "And a hitman!"  I smirked...

"So...why don't we give him a good lawyer?" said the big man...

''What?"....Then I began to smile...."Ohhhhhhhhhh...I got'cha...You've been hanging around me wayy too long big man...I like the way you think..." I said and smiled.



(Conclusion Next!)

3 comments:

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I thought Kevin was going to shoot Silk for a minute...He should have...Now Jack is dead...Can't wait to see how this ends.

Swaggie said...

Awww man...It's time for this fool Silk to fall...

Toni said...

Awwww suki suki now...It done got deep!