Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sweet Smell Of Death

Early in the morning...There came a knock on my door...It was a uniformed policeman.....I got up, put on my bathrobe and walked into the hall...Several cops were knocking on Duke and Tyriq's doors and on Sissy's door...

"ADA Wallace...Something is going on in there!!!....They called down to the command center for help!" he said.


I heard a woman screaming for help...I heard glass breaking and the sound of bodies falling in the honeymoon suite...By now,Duke and Tyriq were in the hallway trying to knock the door in....but to no avail...it was too thick...

Sissy came running down the hall in a very short nightgown...Lord have mercy she was a sexy woman!!! I was amazed that I even took the time to notice that at a time like this...

"I've got the key...I've got the pass key...stand back..." she said....By now, Carlotta had gotten up and put on a pair of tights and one of my shirts....I could see her black bra through my shirt...She looked so sexy,I wanted to pull her back into my room...but I didn't..

As soon as we opened the door, I recognized the odor.....It was Cyanide and it was gushing from a bottle of champaigne....!!!!

Carlos Losada was lying on the bottle ,trying to cover it with his body.....On the floor over near the window lie Stella Brown-Losada....unconscious!!

''Get em out into the hallway...cover your nose?"said Sissy as she and Carlotta dragged Stella Brown out into the hallway..
Duke and Tyriq lifted Carlos Losada and pulled him out into the hallway also...

I took a towel and plugged the bottle up...ran a tub of water and stuffed the bottle into the tub of water....

An officer pulled out his shotgun and blasted the window of their suite,allowing fresh air to come in....
By now, Dr. Hazel Hunter and Detective Sirena Pile was awake and out in the hallway...Both had on short and sheer night gowns...Lawd have mercy...I'm sure they never planned for me to see them like this and I at once felt guilty ,ogling women at a time like this...but what could I say?






"Oh My God...I smell Cyanide..." said Hazel... She knelt down and checked both of them for vital signs...

She took Carlos's pulse.....Tears streamed down her face.. She looked at Carlotta and Sissy...

"He's dead!!! He's gone!" she said....

"Aye Mios Dios... What about Stella?" asked Carlotta...

"She's still alive...We need an ambulance and quick..She needs medical attention.." said Sirena...

II-

Detectives Jimmy Barlow and Tony Hopkins came running down the hall with about ten uniformed policemen and some plains clothes cops...

"What Happened? What the hell happened?" screamed Jimmy....

"Awww man.." said Hop...

"The Champaigne...The champaigne bottle was a delivery device with Cyanide in it... Losada is dead...The girl is hanging on for dear life..."I said punching the wall angrily!!!

"I knew it...I knew Cat Daddy was going to make a move...I knew it!! This is the move he made..." I said.

Carlos Losada's body was removed from the hotel....an ambulance came and picked up Stella Brown... In death ,this hood who had probably taken a few lives in his day had actually saved a life and sacrificed his own....The irony of this hit me hard!

One of the plains clothes cops walked over to me...

"ADA...I don't know how this could have happened...We checked all of the food and all of the personell ourselves...It was impossible." he said.

"It's not your fault...You guys did a fine job....This monster is very smart...Smarter than me apparently. Pull your men...It's been a long day." I said.

II-

I arrived at the Hospital some hours later... Sissy, Carlotta, Sirena and Hazel were there..

They all crowded around me when I came in......

"Are you alright Keith?" asked Sissy...

''No,I'm not." I said.

"This was not your fault." said my wife Carlotta...

"It was...I overplayed my hand...I should have never arrested him...Never let him on that we were planning to charge him...Now a man is dead because of me..."I said.

"Keith, that's so not true..." said Tyriq's wife...Sirena...

"The good news is that Stella is fine...She's going to make it..."said Dr. Hazel Hunter..

''And the bad news?"I asked.

"She lost the baby!" she said...

Carlotta and Sirena were crying visibly....

Sissy walked over to me...

"This wasn't your fault....I'm not going to allow you to blame yourself Keith...He out smarted all of us..." she said.

Just then ,Detective Antonio Hopkins and two police officers walked down the hallway...

"Maybe not...Jimmy ,Duke and Tyriq studied film footage and they went through every employee with a fine tooth comb...We discovered this cool cat....working in the foundry......Nobody knows who he is and there is no record of him being employed there....So I ran it through decks and I called my sweetie up at the FBI..Guess what?  His name is Nasir Ali....better known as "Chemical Ali" a high priced hitman who uses chemical and biological weapons....He's on the FBI's urban terrorist watch list..." said Hop...

"You get a warrant counselor and we'll get him...we'll bottle this city up." said Sissy...

"I'll have a warrant in no time.." I said.
III-

We put an all points bulletin out...For Nasir "Chemical" Ali....Cops all over the city had his photo...and we put the heat on everybody....So much heat that it took a little over 48 hours before one of Jimmy and Tyriq's informants called us and gave us information on where he was holed up...

We had the Airports, the train station, the bus station and Penns Landing saturated...He had no choice but to lay low....

Early in the morning...We approached a duplex...

Tyriq and Duke and 16 shot gun toting police officers knocked on the front door....

''Chemical Ali...come on out...We have a warrant for your arrest." said Tyriq...

Sissy got on the bullhorn...

"Don't make this difficult ,come out with your hands up or we are coming in." she said.

Jimmy and Hop looked at Sissy...

"Lou...Let's toss in tear gas and then soften him up with stun grenades..." said Jimmy..

"Wait first...We don't know if women and children are in there." said Sissy...

Meanwhile...Chemical Ali was busy slipping out the back exit...Thinking we were all in the front...He walked right into the double barelled shotgun of my wife...Detective Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace and the glock of Tyriq's wife, Detective Sirena Pile...

They, with three police officers handcuffed and walked Chemical Ali out front...

"All Clear guys...We got him!" said Carlotta proudly as she and Sirena brought him out...Sissy beamed with pride... Jimmy smiled and high fived Carlotta ,his former partner...and Tyriq's wife..Sirena...

''Good pull ladies." he said.

Duke just grinned... ''My girls, Top and Sirena!..."he laughed...



I smiled and I looked at Tyriq...

"Who did we marry Rico?" I asked ,laughing...

"Man, I don't know...but I'm hella turned on looking at my wife right now." he said Laughing..

I looked at Chemical Ali...

"You're in a lot of trouble pal....Two murders...A man and an unborn baby."I said.

"I didn't kill no baby!!!!..What are you talking about?" he snarled...

"The woman was three months pregnant....she lost her baby....I'm planning to charge you with two counts of homicide..."I said.

"He no tell me pregnant woman was involved...I told him, I don't kill women or children...I tell him that...SOMOVABEETCH!!!" said Chemical Ali..

"Who's he?" asked Sissy...

"CAT DADDY!" he snarled and then spit...''SOMOVABEETCH!"

Sissy looked at me...

"This case looks like it's still got some legs counselor." she said.

"I'll say." I said smiling...

IV- 
Sissy, Carlotta and I went to visit Stella Brown in the hospital where she was recovering...We handed Chemical Ali over to the FBI...We also kept news of his arrest a secret....We also kept news that Stella Brown survived the chemical attack a secret...The papers carried the story that both she and Carlos had met their deaths in that hotel... Stella was in the hospital under an assumed name..Debra White! We kept at least two police officers on her door at all times.

When we got there...Stella was awake...She was glad to see us, which was surprising, considering what happened...

''Heyyy ADA Wallace, Ms. Carlotta, Ms. Sissy." she said.

"How are you doing Stella?" asked Sissy...


"I'm fine...Fine...I'm glad to be alive..."She said.

''I brought you some fruit mami." said Carlotta...

"Oh Thank You Ms.Carlotta." said Stella...

''Stella, I can't tell you how sorry I am about what happened to you. This wasn't supposed to happen" I said.

Stella smiled...

"Don't you even feel guilty about this ADA Wallace...This was not your fault!!!....You guys more than held up your end...You gave me the happiest day of my life...I married the man I loved, the father of what would have been my child...You gave me a nice honeymoon in a suite I could have never afforded.....I'll always have those good memories....This wasn't your fault.....But I sure am gonna make sure that the person who is at fault pays..." she said.

"You mean Cat Daddy?  You don't have to do this...We can get him another way." I said.

"No!!...We had a deal!!!...You held up your end...I'm gonna hold up mine." she said and smiled...

Sissy and Carlotta rubbed her arm....I smiled....This time....Cat Daddy was going to go down hard and for real.....I couldn't wait!


CONCLUSION NEXT!



5 comments:

Sunflower said...

Great Story...Loved the drama,Loved the capture of Chemical Ali (What a name?) without mayhem and violence.Can't wait until the conclusion.

Lisa said...

lAUGHING MY ASS off at ADA Keith Wallace, ogling Sissy, his wife Carlotta and Hazel and Sirena in their night gowns at a time like that when they are trying to rescue survivors of a chemical attack!! It was funny but so indicative of the male mind...Definitely realistic!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

@Lisa- Yeah it was realistic...I would have done it too had I been him, but not for song considering the situation.

George S. said...

I'm glad these guys actually crack cases...because they sure spend a lot of time in bed with each other..I'm just saying.

Angie B. said...

@George S.-Stop being a hater...Allow yourself to suspend reality a bit...This is adult fiction...And in reality..You think these guys minds are on solving murders twenty four seven?