Friday, February 7, 2014

Shoes For The Baby

I got up one morning a few weeks later and checked the baby...He was awake...Sepia was still sleeping soundly...So I bathed him and changed him and dressed him...I turned around and looked up and there was Sepia ,standing in the doorway smiling..

"You're good at that." she said.

"Yeah...so are you."I said smiling...

She passed me a warm bottle...I gave it to the baby...This was a good baby..He cried very little...Very laid back...My kind of guy...

"Kevin you know what I want?" said Sepia..

"No what?" I asked..

"I want you to put a baby in me." she said...

I embraced her...

"Alrightttt...that's what I'm talking about."I said...

She felt my erection...

"MY GOODNESS...I DIDN'T MEAN RIGHT THIS MINUTE!...I meant eventually ." she said laughing and shaking her head...

I pulled her to me and kissed her long and passionately...

"Okay...not in here, Not in front of the baby!" she cooed as we walked into the next room...

All we had time for was a quickie..

I laid Sepia across the bed...We didn't even bother to get up under the covers...I softly parted her legs and pulled her night gown up and entered her softly...slowly...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhh my goodness...ohhhhhh Kevin..." she moaned as we began making slow,sweet love on that bed for about thirty minutes...That wasn't enough for me..but it would have to do..We had had quite a night together.. I was fortunate to be getting it twice..Sepia and Bonita had to show a house to somebody today and I had work to do myself.

II-
"Thanks so much for coming to watch little Alvin for me Josie." I said to Josie Boyd, who was kind of like a surrogate daughter to me... I had promised her dying father, the dead gangster,Joe Boyd that I'd look out for her...Which I had been doing...She had a good job ,working for a lawyer friend of mine,Olivia Bennett.

"Ohhh No problem Mister Kevin..he's such a cutie." said Josie who ,along with Olivia and Beverly watched the baby at their law office during the day while Sepia and I worked.


To My surprise..They had come along with her to pick the baby up today..
"Loook at the baby...he is such a cutie patootie.We just love him Kevin ..."said Beverly West...Olivia's sexy niece and also an Attorney..I smiled.

"Hi Kevin...Ohhhhh he is such a cute baby..Let me hold him Josie." said Olivia...This was the first time I'd actually seen her since she returned from New Orleans ,where she had gotten married to my new friend and fellow private investigator,Donnie Ray Alexander.

"Congratulations Ms. Lady on the wedding...Where is Donnie Ray?" I asked.

"Thank you Kevin...He's out on a case for me..." she said.

"Well,tell him I said hello." I said.

"I will, I will...awww We might not want to give him back to you." joked Olivia as she caressed the baby in her arms...

''Liv, you look too natural doing that." I joked..

"Oh I love babies....I used to hold Bev like that when she was a baby." joked Olivia, who was only about 8 or 9 years older than her neice.

"Oh you did not Auntay..."laughed Beverly as the three women got in their car and pulled off..

III-
I went to Sam Mother's diner and had breakfast....The place was surprisingly empty today...Usually my cop friends and the ADA were in here...but they were pretty busy with all these murders and trying to build a case against Curtis Black...


Two men  sat down on opposite sides of me...

One of them grabbed my arm...

''Hey." I said.

''Shut up...Pay the man and let's walk." he said.

"I haven't had my coffee." I said.

"How would you like it with a bullet?" he asked.

I felt the cold steel of his gun in my crotch area...If I was going to have a child with my wife,I certainly couldn't afford an injury there so I paid Sam Mother and I walked out of the diner with the two men...

As I was walking out, I saw their car...
An old Caddy, from the 50's...


''Damn man, can't your boss give you guys a decent ride to cruise in?" I said.

''Shut up and get in."said the man with the gun...I peered in the mirror and I saw the reflection of another man, a big man with sunglasses and an even bigger gun..I smiled..

"Fellas..I'm afraid I can't go with you." I said.

"WHAT?" said the one man...

And then I heard his voice...

"It's gonna be a short trip fellas." he said...

"Who said that?" said one guy...

I hauled off and punched one guy in the jaw...

KOOL KAT let his .44 magnum do the rest of the talking..

The other man ducked and tried to return fire..but Kool Kat's mag knocked him off of his feet...

"ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I don't believe it...I've been shot.." he moaned..

I punched the other man in the stomach  and he dropped his gun and then in the jaw and he fell up against the wall and fell to the ground...

"Thanks Big Man." I said.

"It's a good thing I was coming to breakfast this morning." he said laughing...

"Call the cops...That guy you shot is in pretty bad shape." I said.

"Okay, but I aint hanging around to wait for them...Guess I'll go and eat at Mabel Jenkins joint.."said Kool Kat.

"Good enough...Help me tie this one up..I'm taking him with me.."I said.

''Where you goin?" he asked.

"To see his boss....Call Lt. Sissy Van Buren, tell her to meet me at this address." I said.

"If I'm making all these calls...I'm goin with you..." said the big man..

I smiled.

"You know what Kools...That's a good idea."I said.

"Yeah" said the big man.

IV-
We drove to the Meat Packing plant...I wasn't surprised.

I instructed the goon to knock on the door. I stood behind him and Kool Kat held his gun on me as if I was his prisoner...

Curtis "Big Poppy "Black answered the door himself...

He saw us and he frowned..

''Soooo, you're the private dick that's been stickin his nose all up in my business and askin questions about me and talkin to the cops eh?  Well you aint gonna be in my business no longer...Moe, take him in the back and kill him...Hey...where's Eddie?"he asked.

At this point ,he realized that his goon had his hands tied and Kool Kat and I had our guns pointing at him!!

"I'm afraid he couldn't make it Big Poppy...But you have an appointment to make...In Central Booking..doing the perp walk!" I said.  Kool Kat cracked up laughing.

Several cars drove up and three police cars drove up...ADA Keith Wallace ,Lt. Sissy Van Buren and her detectives and several shotgun toting policemen all drove up...

"Good Work Kevin...We are in your debt." said Sissy..

"Thanks Kev" said ADA Wallace..

Carlotta and Jimmy handcuffed him and Sirena ,Tyriq and Hop went in and arrested his remaining goons..

"You got nothin..nothin."screamed Curtis Black..

"Ohh I have more than you can believe little fat man...Not just murders...but a whole lot more...When I get through with you...You won't remember what sunlight looked like ."said ADA Wallace...

Curtis Black looked at me...

"You're a dead man." he said.

Kool Kat looked at him...

"What did you say?"

Curtis Black ,who knew of Kool Kat's fierce street reputation hesitated and then said...

"I didn't say nothin..."

Carlotta cracked up laughing...
"Big Poppy just got straight punked...

Duke and Tyriq cracked up...So did I....Then Jimmy walked up to him...
"Hey man look, before you uh go up the river and all...Do they still have that discount on rump roast here? My dad loves your meats...I was uh just wondering if I could uh get that discount..."he said..

Curtis Black looked at Jimmy like he wanted to strangle him....Hop cracked up...


I walked up to him...

"Pork and rump is going to have a whole new meaning where you're going, big fatty." I said.  Detective Sirena Pile cracked up...

"Ouuuuuu Kevin, you wrong....You wrong for that." she said..She had the sexiest laugh..



Everybody erupted in laughter...

Sissy just shook her head...She cracked up laughing...

"See what I have to deal with?" she said and kissed me on the cheek.."Let's go guys..Thank you again friend." she said.

''Thanks again Kev."said Keith Wallace as they took Curtis Black into custody.

EPILOUGE:

Thanks to the recordings ,both video and audio that I collected and anonymously delivered to the authorities and a few things pulled from the police's own wiretaps as well as the ledgers I gave them... 39 of Curtis "Big Poppy" Black's associates were arrested...His attorney tried to cut a structured plea deal for them, but many of them began cutting deals themselves and talking and turning in evidence of Loan sharking, illegal gambling, protection, drug trafficking and of course murders...17 to be exact...Sissy and her guys had to be happy.

Curtis "Big Poppy" Black wound up with 3 life ,no parole convictions in the State of Pennsylvania and a whopping 99 year Federal sentence...His associates didn't get less than 25 years for their crimes...Like I said.. He was done...Gone!

Sepia and I finally returned little Alvin to his father, Alvin Kennedy....

''Kev...I can't thank you enough...You and your friends took care of my baby and you got that scumbag, Big Poppy off the street." said Alvin..

"It was my pleasure man." I said.

"We are going to miss him...He was such a good baby." said my wife ,Sepia..

"Well if you're available to baby sit...I'll always bring him around.'' said Alvin who passed me an envelope.

I gave it back...

"Nah friend...take it...The little guy might need something." I said.

"Oh wait!" said my wife Sepia who ran into the house and came back with a little box...

"I bought shoes for the baby." she said and passed Alvin a little box with some baby shoes in it... Al looked like he was about to cry...He hugged Sepia..

"Thank you....Thank you so much...For everything." he said as he took his baby and strapped him into the car seat and got in his car and pulled off...

Later that evening...Sepia and I stood nude in our bedroom....

"Kevin you know what I want?" said Sepia..

"No ,what?" I asked..

"I want you to put a baby in me." she said...

I embraced her...

We kissed....

"Now you can do it...take your timeeeee....Take all of the time you neeeeed." she moaned as I continued to kiss her...

"Well alrightttttttttttttttt." I said...

Now this was how I liked to end a case.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Later that evening...Sepia and I stood nude in our bedroom....

"Kevin you know what I want?" said Sepia..

"No ,what?" I asked..

"I want you to put a baby in me." she said...

I embraced her...

We kissed....

"Now you can do it...take your timeeeee....Take all of the time you neeeeed." she moaned as I continued to kiss her...

This had me standing and applauding and throwing my panties and my bra up to the damn ceiling!

Brenda said...

@anonymous- You need help, seriously!

Great story...You used practically every charactor in the Escapades Universe in this..I liked that..

Cheryl said...

Kevin and Sepia are going to have a baby...I just know it!

Toni said...

Kevin is the only charactor from the golden age of this blog that you still write a storyline for...

Chris and Chess, Paris and Blake, Mabel jenkins, Robert Foxworth,Ralph Scallion and even your musicians appear in the stories, but haven't had a seperate storyline in awhile..

It's all Sissy ,Carlotta et al and
now Olivia and Donnie Ray. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Angie B. said...

Another great storyline Keith..Keep em coming!