Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Breath Taking Guy


Josies was packed tonight...Detective Angie Belton was hanging out with her girlfriend, Bridget Jones, who owned two lingerie shops...
"Gurrrll...it's so good to see you..We haven't hung out since the summer...Where you been?" asked Bridget..

''Ohhh you know...Fighting crime...." laughed Angie as she sipped her drink..

"Fighting Crime?  You?  You're an Internal Affairs Detective....What crime do you fight?" she laughed.

"I lock up dirty cops.." she said..

"How often is that?" asked Bridget...

"More often than should be...you'd be surprised.." laughed Angie..

"Speaking of crime fighters..where is Sissy and the gang?" asked Bridget...

"You know my girl lives with Eddie C. now...She aint coming out...They're like newlyweds...without the rings.." laughed Angie....

"Wow!  All of your friends in Homicide are married now, Carlotta and Keith, Duke and Hazel, Tyriq and Sirena and Hop and Sharon..." said Bridget..

''Yeah must be making your boyfriend, Jimmy pretty antsy..He's either going to be asking you to move in with him or be giving you a ring soon." said Bridget...

Angie Smiled when she thought of her boyfriend...Homicide Detective Jimmy Barlow...
Never in a million years did she imagine herself seriously dating a white guy and even more, being in love with him.. but she was ...She'd even introduced him to her family....It took some getting used to..but they eventually began to warm to him...She'd met his father and his black step-mother...and the rest of his family...She imagined it was the same thing...Not the love fest that Carlotta's family had with Keith Wallace, but not a condemnation either...

"Jimmy is out tonight with some of his friends.....The others are as you can imagine, all booed up.." said Angie.. "By the way..Where is your man, Chazz?" she asked..
"He's over in Camden ,playin a gig tonight..." said Bridget...

"Looks like we are stuck with each other girlfriend." laughed Bridget.
II-
"Hey ladies...that fella down there just sent you these drinks." said Gus as he refilled both of their glasses....
''And Detective Belton...He especially would like to talk to you." said Gus..


Angie looked down at the other end of the bar and she saw a well dressed African-American man, short haircut, suit and tie raising his glass and smiling..
"He's cute" said Angie..

''And you're hooked up..besides...I thought you was all about the swirl." joked Bridget

Angie smiled at her friend...

"Just because Vanilla Ice -Cream is in the fridge, doesn't mean I still don't like the chocolate ice cream ocassionally." she joked..

"Ouuuuuuuu girlll, you is a mess.." said Bridget..


The D.J. played a song that Bridget liked...

"Ouu girl, that's my jam..." she said...She grabbed a young brother....

"Dance with me..that's my song.."

He looked her up and down and smiled devilishly...

"Then it's MY song too baby.." he said and they began to dance...Angie laughed and continued to drink...

The man at the end of the bar ,as if on cue walked down and sat next to Angie...

"How are you doin tonight lady?" he asked.

Angie smiled..

"I'm doin fine" she said..

''Yesssssss lawd...Yes you are..." he said ...Angie smiled...She'd been through this before....

"My name is Pete...Pete Williams..."he said.


"My name is Angela...Angela Belton..." she said..

"I like this club...It's nice.." he said.

''So you're not from around here?" said Angie.

"Nah...I'm from Jersey...Willingborough." he said.

"Oh from over the bridge." she said.

''Yeahhh, but if you let me get to know you...I could see myself moving here to Philly." he said with a smile.

"Awwww, that's so inviting...but I have a man." she said.

''Damnnn,all the fine ones do...Is it serious?" he asked.

''Pretty much." she said.

"Yall live together?" he asked.

''Aren't you the inquisitive one....No not yet.." she laughed...

"Then I still got a shot." he said.

"A shot at what?" she asked.

"You, precious." He said.

Angie blushed a little bit...He was cute and his cologne was intoxicating...and if she were single, she could definitely see herself going home with this guy...but it wasn't going to happen ...

"Come on...Dance with me." he said.


"That's a slow song." she said.

''And.....??"he said.

''And I have a man...." she said.

"He's crazy not to have you handcuffed to him...If you were my woman, I couldn't see myself spending a minute without you." he said.

"Ohhh you are quite the charmer..." laughed Angie..

They didn't slow dance, but they did dance the rest of the night....and talk well into the night...She introduced him to Bridget...
And he ordered more drinks for them and they eventually wound up in a booth...


"So Pete, what do you do for a living?" asked Bridget...

"I'm uh what you call a...ahhh ,how do I put this?...A collector of historic artifacts." he said.

"You work at a museum?" asked Angie...

"I work for museums...I'm an independent collector and salesman." he said with a smirk..

"I own two lingerie stores." said Bridget...

His eyes lit up...He looked at Angie...

"Is she serious?" he asked.

"Yes...she does." said Angie..

"Ouuuu, I can think of a few things I'd like to see you in.." he said eying Angie...

She smiled shyly...

"I have a man, so like I told you...That's not going to happen." she reiterated.

"You keep saying that....but I want to change your mind.." he laughed...

Angie smiled and looked at him...

"If I was single sugar, you sure could...and I'm flattered that you appear to like me,but I have a guy,like I been sayin and I'm not the cheatin type." she said, still smiling..

"That's indeed a virtue Ms. Angela." he said smiling and ordering more drinks.

III-


Two O'clock came and both Angie and Bridget left Josies and walked towards their cars....Pete walked them into the parking lot...He had a BMW....Angie looked at it, She had to admit, she was impressed...

"Hey look...I know you got a man...but take my number and my address anyway...Just in case .." he said.

"Just in case what?" asked Angie, her smile betraying her resolve...

"Just in case you change your mind." he said smiling..

"You're very persistant Pete. But I got a good thing...For real...I'm not going to blow it." she said.

"I like that about you...Good Night Angie...Nice meeting you Bridget." he said as he got in his car...

Once he was gone...Bridget looked at her friend..

"Girl...He's trouble...You know that right?" she said.

"Damn sure do...but he was one sexy man." said Angie...

"He sure was....but you got a good guy who loves you...Don't mess that up...A love like that don't come around everyday." said Bridget..

"I know and I have no plans on doing that." said Angie..

''So? Why did you put his number in your pocketbook..?"asked Bridget, giving her the side eye...

"Always good to know that you have options.....Just in case." laughed Angie...

"Ouuuuuuuu you is a mess girl." laughed Bridget...

IV-
The next morning was a Sunny Saturday Philadelphia Morning....Detective Angela Belton was in the bank...

She hadn't been in the bank a good 15 minutes before she saw a familiar face from the night before...
''Damnnn girl...even on your day off you look sexy as hell." came the voice..  Angie turned around...It was Pete Williams...The sexy guy she had met in Josies...

''What are you doing, following me?" she asked ,laughing shyly...

''Nah...I'm just lucky as hell to run into you again...."he said.

"I guess you are." said Angie...

"Want to go and get some coffee?" he asked.

"Nah,I can't...I got to get this meeting with this loan officer..."she said.

"Yeah,I got pressing business to take care of in here too today." he said. "Perhaps some other time." he said.

''No...I have a man...It's not going to happen."she said, still smiling at him.

''Well damn, he sure lets you operate alone..What does he do for a living?" he asked.

"He's a cop!" she said.

"Ohhhhhhhh...I seee....That explains a lot...." he laughed....He touched her arm softly....

''Well...let me get in this line over here...It was indeed a pleasure to run into you again Angela."he said.

"Likewise." she said...She giggled...She loved the way her name melodically ran off his lips..


She was waiting for the loan officer to see her...She decided to call her best friend, Lt.Sissy Van Buren..She was also off today...
"Heyyy Sissy, what's up?" she said.

"Angie? Heyy girl..." said Sissy..

"I'm in the bank.." she said.

"On a Saturday?" asked Sissy...

"Yeah...I'm going to get a loan...I need to do some major improvements on my kitchen and bathroom.."she said.

''Oh..You go out last night?" she asked.

"Yess..Me and Bridget went to Josies...There was this cute guy in there...Sissy, he made my knees weak..but I was strong..I held him off....I told him I had a man,repeatedly and that it was serious...All I did was dance with him,but girl, I swear ...If I was single...He could have got it."said Angie..

"Girl, you are crazy....you better watch yourself..."said Sissy laughing....

"I aint going nowhere, but with Jimmy at this point...This guy was handsome, but he smelled like trouble, you know what I mean girl?" said Angie..

"You know I do.."laughed Sissy....

"And check this out...He's here in the bank now."laughed Angie.

"What?" laughed Sissy...

"Co-Incidence....Nothing's up....The only man I want to talk to right this minute  is the loan officer."said Angie.

''You sure?" laughed Sissy.

"Hold Up Sis.....Four people just came in here in long trenchcoats....They have on trenchcoats and  medical masks covering their noses and mouths." said Angie..

"Girl, are you that bored that you gotta make up stuff?" asked Sissy..

"No Sissy...I'm not making this up...It's four people!!...A female, a black guy and two white guys...I'm serious..something is about to go down." she said.

Just then...The female fired a shotgun she had concealed under her coat into the air...Everybody gasped...One woman screamed...

The Black man locked the front door and disarmed the two security guards...

One white man jumped over the counter, while another one fired his glock up in the air!!

"NOBODY MOVE!!! THIS IS A STICK UP!! EVERYBODY GET ON THE DAMN FLOOR!! DO IT NOW!!!!" he yelled..

"You hear that Sissy?" asked Angie...
"I heard it." said Sissy...

"I don't have my gun with me Sissy..." she said.

''Where are you?" asked Sissy.

"I'm hiding behind a partition, they can't see me yet...but it's only a matter of time..I'm in the Wells Fargo...the one near where I live.."said  Angie...

"Sit tight girl...I'm calling the guys ."said Sissy..

"Okay, hurry...this looks serious!" said Angie.

(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments: