Thursday, August 5, 2021

Mild Tampering

This case was hardly the crime of the century....It was actually just a routine murder case..The city has hundreds of them...But anything involving James"Jumpshot Jim" Taylor and Lt. Arthur Tragg is bound to be blown out of proportion..
Jumpshot Jim and Lt. Tragg despite the tension between them appeared at a press conference in the eve of the preliminary hearing into the murder of Attorney Mike Stevens.. There was a lot of rumors floating around about an illicit affair between Stevens, who had hired Mary Flowers as his para-legal for two of the three years she was in law school and had reportedly tuturoed her on taking the bar exam..which she aced...and had helped her get a job at his firm...She was being falsely portrayed as an "ungrateful and spurned lover.."

''Come on Guys...All of the facts will come out in the trial..."assured Jumpshot Jim, who was appearing without a beautiful young woman on his arm..


Lt. Tragg spoke about how it was so easy to capture her because she was caught in a "web of lies" that he easily saw through...None of which was true.
Judge Margaret Robinson refused to answer any questions about the case at all.. When asked about her past relationship with Jumpshot Jim she replied.."Who? I did?" and laughed before walking away...

Ms. Yvette had gained new noteriety since successfully defending Olivia and Beverly in that huge civil suit..She was now photographed and pillored with questions everywhere she went. She once said jokingly..

"I liked it better when nobody knew my name."

She said of the statements made by Lt. Tragg that there was no truth to that and that Mary had been nothing but transparent with everyone involved.. She said that the truth would come out in a shocking and bold fashion during the trial..






We stood by, watching the interviews.. We had done most of our work..We had prepared Mary's defense..


Mary tired of hanging around her house... She ventured out in the days leading up to the preliminary hearing..She was wearing an ankle monitor..



Which was becoming a common sight around Philadelphia now of days..People were used to seeing people with them on..It was like a fashion statement.. The police knew where she was at all times..

She didn't have to worry about being harrassed by Lt. Tragg

He had other things on his mind...He couldn't wait for the press conference to be over.
He headed straight to Assistant District Attorney April Taylor's Condo.. She had just finished her 8th straight courtroom victory and had texted him...
a photo of her in a yellow lace bra and thong and asked him to come over and "celebrate" with her..
"OH MY GODDDDDD!...OHHHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDD!" he moaned as he kissed her and ran his hands down into her panties, squeezing her buttocks...\

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm" he moaned.

"Horn Dog!" she laughed..
"OUUUUUUUUUUU ARTHURRRRRRRR!!! OH MY GOD!!" moaned April..as she atop him on her bed and rode like a surfer rides the waves... Lt. Tragg's eyes rolled into the back of his head..So did hers..
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW APRIL, I'm losing my damn mind...GEEEEEEEZ" he moaned..
As April sat on top of him and moved up and down slowly and kissed him..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARTHUR ,JUST DO IT TO ME...OUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

Once again, the bedsprings were squeaking and the headboard was rattling.....

"YESSSSSS...YESSSSSSSSSSSS..UMMMMMMMMMM MEOWWWWWWWW!!!!" she cooed..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ...OUUUUUUUUUUUU.." he moaned..

NINE TO TEN HOURS of pure bliss slowly slipped by..

Ms. Yvette , Myself and Kahlil appeared in court to argue the right to present testimony through affadavits from Mike Stevens former employers and associates and Kelly Green's testimony as to his charactor..




we had cases and predicates on our side...


Jumpshot Jim argued that Mike Stevens was not on trial and that by demonizing him, it took the jury's mind off of the crime done to him, the taking of his life..


Sofia and Bee Bee argued that by allowing this testimony..We were showing a pattern in his behavior that while not justifying murder, showed the jury what type of person he was and what led to at least some of Ms. Flowers actions on the night in question...


Judge Robinson sided with us...

Jumpshot Jim was visibly angry at losing this battle and even more furious that Lt. Tragg was not present..

"There is really no need for him to be here.. He's not an attorney..."said Judge Robinson....

"Peg this is personal...You sided with the defense again...Maybe you should recuse yourself.." said Jumpshot Jim..


"If I was siding with you, I could see the defense asking that...but I don't even know them."she said looking at us..







"Every decision I made was by following the strict application of the law...They were prepared...you obviously were not...They did their research...They anticipated all of your objections..I suggest you get back in the law library and get serious about this case." said Judge Robinson..

"You want me and you know it...This is your way of getting revenge.."snarled Jumpshot Jim, who did not like being told how to run a case...He had passed the bar two years before she did and certainly was a practicing attorney with seemingly more experience...Yet she had risen to the point of being Judge a lot faster..


"Get over yourself Jim...Everyone else has. including your ex-wife." laughed Judge Robinson, who walked away... That hurt.

II-

AT CURLEY'S BAR-
''Saw you on Television earlier today, you looked good.."said Gary

"Thank You..I don't like all of the attention, but I guess it comes with the territory...Olivia told me that after they defended suspected murderer Richard Graves in California, they were met by the press at the airport and have been in the spotlight ever since..I gotta admit..That's how I found out she and Beverly had their own law firm.. Now how ironic...I defend her and Beverly and I'm famous.." laughed Yvette.
"Yeah, funny how life works out...How'd you guys do in court today?" asked Gary.

"The Judge sided with us..We had a very good argument drawn...The kids were great...I didn't have to do much...I told you they're becoming fine lawyers."laughed Yvette.
"That Judge has sided with you guys twice...You can't claim bias...but uh she did used to date Jumpshot Jim.. I swear, I need a scorecard to keep up with all of his women." laughed Gary..


"I don't want to take credit away from our argument...but she has gone out of her way to be fair..The thought of asking her to recuse herself has never entered my mind..I think she'll be an alright judge..I don't think Jumpshot Jim is too happy with her rulings..He probably thought at least one would go his way.. Also...I noticed that Lt. Tragg was nowhere to be seen today. ..And he's not here."said Yvette.



as their drinks arrived.
"I can give you three guesses where he is right now!"said Gary.
"Assistant District Attorney April Taylor's house." laughed Yvette...




We were having dinner at Jessica and Chip's house tonight..



They had a beautiful and colorful kitchen...





Jessica was an excellent cook and with help from Sofia , fixed a very tasty Pot roast...



Bee Bee and I brought Wine..



"Thanks for coming everybody...We saw your Boss lady on TV today...How did you guys do in court?" asked Chip...


"The Judge ruled in our favor."said Kahlil..


"Your homes are beautiful." said our client, Mary Flowers , who decided to dine with us tonight..

''Thank Youuuuuuu!" said Jessica.
"Everything smells delicious." said Jade.

We all chowed down....We didn't discuss the impending case at all...

Downtown at the Law Library, Assistant District Attorney James "Jumpshot Jim" Taylor..


had taken Judge Robinson's advice and was hitting the books hard and writing a prosecution strategy for the upcoming preliminary hearing..He was frustrated at having been ruled against twice and the preliminary hadn't even started yet..

He looked up at the clock...It was 9:45 pm.. He decided to call it a night.. As he was leaving..He spotted a familliar face..

"Kelly? Kelly Green?" he asked.


"Jim!! How are you??" she said..


"What are you doing here?" he asked...and then realized what a dumb question that was..


"I'm an attorney like you...I'm preparing for a court case next week." she said..


"That was a dumb question....Listen, you hungry? Let's call it a night and grab some dinner, a few drinks." he said.


"Ouuuuu sounds good." she said.




III-


CURLEY'S BAR-



They had two open faced Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy..


"I saw you a few days ago in Sam Mother's Diner..You didn't see me..You were having an argument with Lt. Tragg."laughed Kelly.


"That was you eating with Yvette Jones and her team...I didn't know you knew them..."said Jumpshot Jim.


"I used to work at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt before I started my own firm ,remember?"said Kelly Green.


"So uh what was that, a reunion breakfast? heh heh heh?" he asked.


"Yeah you might call it that."laughed Kelly Green ,who did not want to talk about her case at all..


''So uh ,ruh what were you guys talking about?" asked Jumpshot Jim.


"Ummm you know...A cop told me that you won't find a better Corn Beef or Hot Roast Beef Sandwich anywhere in the city other than Curley's ..Kudos to his cook."said Kelly, artfully changing the subject...

"Yeahhh and to think...Curley's was a cop bar at first..Now I think more Attorneys eat and drink here than cops or just as many."laughed Jumpshot Jim, who had forgotten his question...

They chowed down and downed three beers a piece..


"Wellll thank you Jim...this was nice.."said Kelly, who got up..



gathered her things...


"Uh Kelly? Mind if I uh stop by for some coffee?" asked Jumpshot Jim..

"Coffee?" asked Kelly with a sly grin on her face..


SOMETIME LATER-
"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW KELLY, HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?" he asked as he ran his hands down into her panties and they kissed passionately...

"Tooo long  Jim..Tooo Long..." she moaned as he slipped her panties off..

"OH MY GODDDDDD!!! KELLY!!!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Jimmmmmmmmmmmm... .UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OUUUUUUUUUU TAKE IT TO THE HOLE JIM...GO HARD IN THIS PAINT...WOUUUUUUUUUUUU OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUUU"moaned Kelly Green ,riding him on top of her bed...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... I NEEDED THIS ,OHHHHHHH" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUU , you horny devil.." she cooed.. 

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JIMMMMMMM, YOU NEVER SCORED LIKE THIS
ON THE COURT...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GOOD LAWWWWWWD!" she moaned.

They made  sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS!  Jim like always never seemed as if he wanted to stop..

She hadn't had sex in a few months....She needed this too!




"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Jim....JIM......OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWOUUUUUUUUUU! TAKE IT TO THE DAMN HOLE....UMMMMMMMMMMM PUT IT IN!" she cooed..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWD!" he moaned....

She began riding him slow and kissing him slower and slower....She could feel his body beginning to twitch and tremble..

"YEAH...YEAH..YEAHHHHHH..YEAHHHHHHHHHH OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'M CUMMMIN HOME TO YA BABYYYYYY!" he screamed as he began to cum like a  gusher..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWDDD!" he moaned..
''Still want some uh coffee?" she asked jokingly....

"No..I don't think I need it.." he said, smiling."

She cuddled up under him..Soon they both were sleeping peacefully..

The next morning..


They both took a nice long shower together.. They got dressed...

"Wanna go to Breakfast?" he asked.


"Nooo, but thank you...I never go to breakfast..I grab a coffee and a bagel on my way to work."said Kelly.

"Same ole Kelly...Heh heh...Well don't be a stranger.." he said as he left..


She smiled and sighed... He had really rode her last night...He must have not had much sex either in the past few months, she mused.


LATER THAT MORNING!


The office was having a retirement party for attorney Victoria Craig...

She smiled as champaigne glasses were lifted and toasts were made..

"I'm so happy to see that this firm is now racially diverse and they have more women as well...I know that it is in good hands." said Victoria Craig.

"I just want to thank you for always making me feel welcome and for the favor you did for me 
earlier this week!" said Ms. Yvette.
"Get an acquittal for that young lady Yvette...I know you and your very brilliant young attorneys will get the job done." said Victoria Craig.

"Thank You...Good Luck Ms. Craig." I said.
"Best wishes Ms. Craig." said Bee Bee.
"Yes...Best wishes."said Sofia as she raised her glass.
"Good Luck in your retirement." said Kahlil.
"Good Luck and Best Wishes." said Ms. Jade.
"Best of luck to you Victoria." said Patty Reynolds, one of our newest hires.

"I didn't really get to know you, but thank you for all of your help...and good luck to you." said Mary, in the office for the first time since she had been indicted for murder.

Kelly Green was there also.....





So was all of the partners...Mr. McCluskey, Mr. Connor, Mr. Pratt and Mr. Cozen.

All of this, the day before our hearing..

"Hey guys, let's get out of here..We've got a hearing tomorrow, it would be best if we went home and got some rest."said Ms. Yvette.
"That's a good idea Ms. Yvette."said Sofia.
"Come on Husband...Let's go home.."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah that's a good idea."I said.
"Lead the way."said Kahlil..
"I'm coming home too... I have an idea about something...Something I want to check out..Then I'll be home."said Jade.

We began filing out...



"I'm going home too...See you guys in court tomorrow." said Mary as we filed out..


IV-

We had all slipped out..The Retirement party was still going on..
Victoria Craig approached Kelly Green..

"I saw you with Assistant District Attorney James Taylor in Curley's Bar last night..He went home with you...You do know he's the prosecutor in the Mary Flowers murder trial..don't you?" she asked..


"I know that...but I don't think he knows I'm testifying for the defense.. He did see me having breakfast with Yvette and the crew in Sam Mother's Diner a few days ago..








He wanted to know what we were talking about, but I wouldn't tell him, I changed the subject...He then asked me the connection between me and them..I said I used to work at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt, which after all is the truth."said Kelly Green.

"You left long before any of them was employed here, including Yvette.."said  Victoria Craig...

"I know that, you know that...but he doesn't know that.."laughed Kelly Green. "If he could have, he would have pumped me for information, I'm sure..but I told him nothing."said Kelly Green.

"If he knew you were testifying for the Defense and he tried to get information out of you, that's Mild Witness Tampering..He should know better than that." said Victoria Craig.


"I don't think he knows...At least not yet...He will know tomorrow." said Kelly Green.

"Just be careful....I won't be around much longer..I'm leaving Philadelphia..Going to a  nice island.. I've saved a lot of money...and I have a nice pension..I've got no husband, no children..but I'll have a nice life somewhere where the drinks are cold and the water is warm. You take care of yourself Kelly." said Victoria Craig.

"You too Ms. Victoria." said Kelly Green, who embraced her mentor.



The Parking lot, across the street from Bottom Of The C.




The lot uses the 'Smart " Parking meter....

"This Smart Parking Meter logs in the License Numbers of every car in the parking lot.. It records when you pay and when you leave..It takes Debit Cards,Credit Cards and Cash...Standard fee is $10.00  which is good the entire time you're in this lot." said the attendant.
''So it has a log...I could conceivably get the license number of a car that was here on a certain night and know what time it clocked out?" asked Jade.


"Yupper!" said the attendent...

Jade smiled..

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: