Friday, November 11, 2022

The Telltale Bra


 ONE WEEK LATER-COURTROOM B

The Trial of Josie James was beginning on Courtroom B


Judge Newton Cowley was preciding.

Ms. Yvette, Bee Bee, Sofia, Myself , Kahlil and Jade were at the defense table as we had been all week

with Josie James, accused of murdering Producer, Tommy Ashford..









The Preliminary Hearing had lasted a week...



The Two Assistant District Attorneys, Brooke Kennedy and Natalie Tennison were more than up to the task...They held us off during the preliminaries despite having a very weak case...


Lt. Tragg was not in court at all last week.. He was completing "Sensitivity Training" to keep from being labeled a "Sex Offender"  He had to complete 100 hours ...He had completed 60 hours to date,,,He needed 40 more hours, which meant he wouldn't be in court this week...Nobody missed him.It kept him from having to go on the boat...but it effectively kept him out of our hair.

Natalie Tennison was very good at sizing up and picking jurors...but she wasn't as up on them as Kahlil and I were..  This gave us a slight advantage...


In the end, we got a 7-5 split in our favor.....Not bad...Not bad at all...




Bee Bee and Sofia had been on their laptops, helping us out the entire time..Advantage..Us...



Judge Newt Cowley said...

"OKAYYYYYY, We have a Jury.....It's Friday.....Trial will begin Monday Morning at  10:00 AM..As always I ask my Attorneys be on time and be ready for trial...Have a great weekend folks...Court is adjourned." he said and struck his gavel.

"I was hoping we wouldn't have to go to trial..."said Josie James quietly..
"I was hoping we wouldn't too, but those two ADA's are very good...even with this weak case."said Ms. Yvette.
"Kathy Lee Johnson left town...but she's got to come back soon and when she does, she's going to be served with a subpoena..."said Jade.
"We have some very serious questions to ask her..."said Bee Bee.
"Questions I don't think she wants to answer." I added..
"Their case is weak...Very Weak and we are going to play up every weakness and knock holes into it..They needed Lt. Tragg to go back over his case.. He refused...and we are going to use that against him." said Sofia.
"Don't worry...We got you and we got this."said Kahlil.


"I trust you....I've seen how hard you guys have been working on my case." said Josie.
LATER ON THAT NIGHT AT JOSIE'S BAR AND GRILLE
"Oh My God, The Prodigal Son returns....How are you Kenny Freeman?" asked Honey Brown as she set drinks up at our table.
"Hi Honey....I've been back for about a year now....Just haven't been up this way....I've got my own practice...I have four attorneys, a para-legal and an investigator I keep on call. Got a small office in town and I uh serve as Chief Counsel for the local cable affiliate although that is probably gonna change soon."said Kenny Freeman , who treated the table which consisted of Yvette, Gary, Olivia, Donnie Ray, Virginia, Jetty, Alfreda, Rockland and Zoey and Lem.


"WOWWWWW, Thanks for all the drinks...You're feeling good tonight Kenny." said Yvette, who was sitting on her husband, Gary's lap..
"He's not the only one feeling good right now. Ummmmmmmmm" whispered Gary....
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, I can tell....Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm" moaned Ms. Yvette, who could feel her husband's erection through his trousers.

"Thank You Kenny...It has been awhile....I heard you'd gotten married and moved to the West Coast..."said Olivia Bennett-Alexander. Kenny had once liked her and courted her hard, but she was going through a divorce and a recent miscarriage, and it just didn't work out.
Olivia was sitting in her husband , Donnie Ray's lap... She looked incredible in that dress, thought Kenny.
He couldn't take his eyes off of her. Donnie Ray was a very lucky man, he thought to himself




Kenny looked at Virginia and Judge Jetty Dukes sitting next to him... He had so much history with the women at this table, Yvette, Olivia and Virginia.  He was glad that they all were still friends. He was happy to see them happy.
"Thank you for the drinks Kenny." said Virginia, who like the others was sitting on her significant other's lap.
"Yes Thanks for the drinks... The next round is on me." said Jetty.
"Awwwwwww look at all these big spenders... I may get drunk tonight without spending a dime."joked Alfreda, who was sitting in her husband, Rockland's lap..
Rockland laughed .......He squeezed her tight and hugged her. She smiled..
"You laugh, but she's right."said Zoey...who was drinking only Water and Club Soda.
Her husband Lem held her on his lap and hugged her.
"So As I said.. My tenure as Chief Counsel for that television station has ended."said Kenny.
"What? Why?? What happened?" asked Olivia.
"Yes, why?" asked Yvette.

"I can't represent the Network and be romantically involved with one of their employees...I don't know if she told you, but Josie James moved in with me last week..We are a couple..It happened suddenly."said Kenny.

"Nooooo, she didn't tell us....Oh wowwww that's great...I mean I'm sorry you lost your gig, but that's great for you two." said Yvette.

"Yes..and  like I said.. I have a pretty successful practice..and I'm on the Board of several other companies.."said Kenny... He looked and said -" Oh Olivia, here comes the rest of your staff and their friends and your staff too Yvette." he said, smiling.

"Yes, they frequent the other clubs, Aqua Bar, Stoleys...and then finish up their night here.." said Olivia.


There was no live entertainment tonight.. Just two D.J.'s spinning..

Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Paris, Bresha, Tony, Jazzy Dabnis,Kayla ,Ray ,Jessica , Chip and us, Me, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil walked in... Jade and Danny walked in with us.. They hadn't been with us.. They had been out to dinner alone and was joining everybody here..  This was usually our last stop of the night.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Guyyys" said a cheery Beverly..
She sat down in her husband, Nelson's lap.. Nelson put his arms around her and held her tight.
"Heyyyyyy"said Josie , waving
"What's up everybody."said her husband, Paris..

Bresha sat in her husband, Tony's lap..

Jazzy and Dabnis took a seat, they looked exhausted..

Kayla and Ray

And Jessie and Chip all came in and took seats around a big table right in back of Ms. Yvette,Liv and the rest.

Me, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade and Danny were able to find a small table for the six of us near them..
"Wow what a night huh?" I said.
"We danced enough for everybody.."said Bee Bee.
"I'm sleeping in late tomorrow."said Sofia.
"I heard it's going to rain anyway..."said Kahlil..
"Wowwww...I can't wait to get home and get out of my clothes....Don't say anything." said Jade.
"Whatttttt? I didn't say nothing."said Danny, laughing..




We had all been at Stoleys and then Aqua Bar. We were chilling out with everyone else at Josies.

which was packed.just like everywhere else we had been tonight.

Bar owner, Gus was ecstatic.

''So Kenny, where is my client tonight? I thought she'd be out with you."asked Yvette.
"She's at my place....In fact...I'm headed out....I'm calling it a night... It was nice hanging out with you guys."said Kenny.
"You gonna make her an honest woman Kenny?" asked Olivia.
"If she'll have me, I will."said Kenny,
"Awwwwwwwwwww that's sooo nice."said Virginia.
"Another man turns in his players cards..."laughed Yvette.
"I want to have that satisfied look all of your husbands have."laughed Kenny... "Good Night girls." said Kenny as he left Josie's.

II-


COURTROOM B-MONDAY MORNING 10:00 AM


Natalie passed Brooke a Hot steaming tumbler of coffee..

"Here ,you look like you need this." she said.


"I do, I was up all night..  I went back over the crime scene... I spoke to people in North Bowl, South Bowl and The Atlantic Bar.... I looked over the Autopsy Reports...I got nothin.. I hate to be faking it and put an innocent person behind bars." said Brooke.


Josie James sat looking very contrite in a very conservative skirt , with sheer pantyhose.. and a nice Blouse that matched. Her face didn't betray the fear that should be convicted and do a number of years behind bars..

Across the room from them... We sat... Ms. Yvette whispered to me...

"Look at em...They got nothing...She looks like she's been up all night...Lt. Tragg gave them a weak case and I can see it in her eyes...She's worried that she might be putting an innocent person away...I can see the guilt in her eyes." said Yvette to me..
"I see it too!  We've got to pounce like Barracudas and take that worry from her." I said smiling.
"I think they showed us all they had during the pre lims....I don't expect to see much more ."said Bee Bee.
"Me neither , but I've been talking to Jade constantly....Just to make sure we aren't surprised...Jade has talked to people in Atlantic Bar, North Bowl , South Bowl and Crepes To Go...She's looked over the crime scene photos and the autopsy reports , just like Ms. Yvette, Keith and Yvette have...Except for Ms. Kathy Lee's testimony...There is nothing new.."said Sofia.
"I think we have enough for reasonable doubt and I really like this jury." said Kahlil.


" Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.."Friday Night and Early Saturday Morning Thomas Ashcroft, a Producer a local Television Station Producer, stopped at CREPES TO GO, a popular all night restaurant to grab an early morning breakfast...Pancakes, an Omelette, hash browns and breakfast sausage and coffee to go. Unfortunately, he never got to enjoy that meal...Instead, he was gunned down cold bloodedly by Josephine James....because of the cruel and brutal nature of this crime..I ask you to find her guilty of First Degree Murder... I don't know why she did this...This has been confusing us since day one...but she did this..She cold bloodedly shot and killed her boss..After he agreed to move her show to the desired spot."said Brooke.





She showed the Jury huge photos of the crime scene, The Murder weapon and the bra as well as the 

chalk outline and the dead body of Tommy Ashcroft. It was all for shock effect and it was working..



"These charges are ergregious...and totally ridiculous... There is no proof that our client was even at the scene..These ridiculous charges brought on by an overzealous and lazy detective who did not look for any other suspect and has dubious evidence based on anonymous phone calls..We will prove all of that to you before this is over..." said Yvette..


Natalie brought out first several eyewitnesses from that night...and then uniformed police officers who were first on the scene...She was very good, emotional, dramatic ,knew how to connect with a jury...





We were prepared...The four of us had studied the witness statements...Every single one of them,including the police officers... and we questioned every single witness...Not one could say for sure that they saw Josie James at the scene of the crime..Not one.. We were cold and analytical...but we were connecting with the jurors just the same..


Natalie looked frustrated.....and a little angry that we had once again gotten to her..



Naturally on the third day...Brooke London called people from  the Medical Examiner's Office and CSI personell as well as  more officers at the scene...



Ms. Yvette with Sofia and I dissected their testimony...They all sorrowfully admitted that they had no fingerprints and no forensic evidence placing our client at the scene at all.

Ms. Yvette and Kahlil asked about the murder weapon..

"Not a single fingerprint , no sweat or DNA....and found in a trash can behind Ms. James's building where Lt. Tragg was conveniently led there by an "anonymous phone call"said Ms. Yvette.
"I don't know about you...but if I had just killed someone...I certainly wouldn't have discarded the murder weapon so close to home....Would you?"Kahlil asked the jury and would you allow someone to see you putting it there?   Sounds fishy to me!" he added.  The Jury picked up on this...




Then there was the matter of the Bra. Bee Bee Addressed it..

"This is her bra.. It's got her DNA in it and it was found in Mr. Ashcroft's dressing room... The Arresting detective was led to that by once again, an anonymous call....Now I ask you... What does a bra, on the floor of a dressing room have to do with murder?  What does it have to do with anything?? All it means is someone undressed in a dressing room.." said Bee Bee.

She put the bra back in the plastic bag and shook her head, laughing almost...


At this point, Four days into the trial.. Brook and Natalie found themselves at a place they had never been before..Losing the jury....and with no way to repair the damage done...

They had been beaten at every step of the way by Yvette and her well trained young attorneys..






We hadn't even begun our defense yet...We were just carving up their prosecution.. It was on them to prove guilt..Not only could they not prove guilt...They couldn't prove she was at the scene or why she would kill her boss..They still never provided a motive and we were killing them with that... Neither we nor they had even mentioned that they had had a sexual relationship prior to the murder!


In desperation on day five...Brooke nearly went for Jury nullification in her closing argument to convict and send Josie James to prison for the brutal murder..Her impassioned plea to the jury was impressive, but I don't think it was getting her anywhere..

She closed and she looked exhausted, harried..

"THAT JACKASS LT. TRAGG!! I BEGGED HIM TO GO OVER THE SCENE, TO FIND ME SOMETHING, ANYTHING...HE REFUSED TO DO IT!" said Brooke Angrilly..


"He didn't even produce a motive... A why she would do this... We should have never taken this case.. Maybe you should have gone out with the guy....Gave him a kiss or something.."joked Natalie..



"That's not funny Nat." said Brooke. They had worked 25 cases together..winning convictions in all of them and now for the first time, they might lose a case....Brooke thought about it...


"You guys did good...I was a little worried, but I'm not worried now..."said Josie James..



"I told you to trust us...I told you we got this.."said Yvette.

"I could use a cold one."said Sofia.
"Yeah me too!" I said.
''We kicked ass in there, we deserve it." said Bee Bee.
"I agree..Wanna go to Curleys? It's close." said Kahlil.

"Yeah...I'll call Jade and ask her to pick us up." said Ms. Yvette.




III-

It was weird being in here without the whole gang from our building and our block.....but we found a little table and sat down..


"You guys are alright... Kenny said to trust you...He was right."said an exuberant Josie.

''We are almost done...Now we are up next... It was on the prosecution to prove your guilt...They failed miserably to do that..."said Ms. Yvette.


''We've got the jury in our pockets...They don't know why you would have done this...Nobody, not the cops...Not the people from the Medical Examiners Office, not the CSI can even place you at the scene."said Kahlil.


"And they know this..We didn't even mention that you two had sex the day before...They couldn't even offer the most basic synopsis of what happened that night.."said Bee Bee.

"You know we could have argued that it was a mugging gone wrong except that his wallet was found untouched with Credit and Debit cards in there and money...."said Sofia.

"They got the dates and the timelines and events wrong...Not their fault...That's how Lt. Tragg wrote it up and I don't think even he realizes the mistake he made...I kept waiting for wither one of them to bring that up during the preliminaries." I said.


"Yeah and I was certain they were going to bring it up during the past week... but they never caught it."said Kahlil.

"Now we are going to smack em with it..."said Bee Bee.
"Oh Look, there is Jade." said Sofia.
"Good news guys...I caught Kathy Lee at the airport, returning from Los Angelas and I dropped a subpoena in her lap...She was not pleased." said Jade.

We all clapped and laughed...but our little celebration was  dampened by the appearence of someone we hadn't seen in three weeks.. Lt. Tragg... He had completed his 100 hours of "Sensitivity Training" and had gotten his certificate.  Naturally, he made a bee line to our table.
"Welllllll look who it is... Yvette and her youngins....Where is Olivia and the rest of the gang?" he asked.
"They're obviously not here.. You know...you've put together some pretty weak cases lately...but this has to be the worst one ever....We are humiliating those two poor ADA's and it's a shame because they are sooo good, they deserve so much better than this case you dropped on them and yet...They managed to take us to the limit with a case we should have won in the preliminaries...provided our number one witness hadn't skipped town." said Yvette.
"The Jury will utimately decide...They'll see that the evidence all points to your client, Ms. James...By the way...I saw your show last week..It was very good... I'm gonna miss it when you go to jail.."sneered 
Lt. Tragg.



"I see your "Sensitivity Training" hasn't improved your demeanor at all.." said Attorney Kenny Freeman, who had just arrived..
"Heyy baby, don't worry about him."said Josie..
They kissed slowly and passionately...


"Olivia and the rest of the gang isn't here.. I didn't see her buses outside...So I suppose you high fallutin attorneys are going to be driving home after you leave here UNDER THE INFLUENCE eh?" he sneered.. He'd love nothing better than to write us up for driving under the influence.

"You know, EVERYBODY IN HERE is drinking and going to be driving home after they leave..Are you going to follow them and write them up too or is it just going to be us?" asked a slightly annoyed Sofia.

"I thought you were Homicide man, When did you become a traffic cop too?" asked Kahlil.

"Guys, Guys...There is no need to argue with him... Jade is here and she hasn't had a drink...She's our designated driver.."said Yvette..
"But I am having Fajitas."joked Jade.




We all ordered Fajitas along with Jade and enjoyed them...


While Lt. Tragg stood there staring balefully at us... He eventually got tired of being ignored and walked away , taking a seat at the Bar.










He sat by powerless to hassle us as we drove off in Jade's Pathfinder...

Our client, Josie James had drank a lot...And even though her boyfriend, Kenny Freeman was there to take her home..He too had now drank over the legal limit..Despite the fact they had both eaten Fajitas..
"Let's Get out of here Kenny... I'm Horny." she whispered in his ear..
"CHECK PLEASE!" he said.
Lt. Tragg watched them
They got into Kenny's new car,  a sky blue, 2023 Porshe...

He had his new 2022 Sky Blue Corvette Sting ray.. He was going to follow them and arrest that jive talking fancy ass Attorney Kenny Freeman for DUI... He was going to love it.
The chase was on..


"That clown Tragg is following us..I guess he thinks he's going to charge me with DUI... Well he'll have to catch me first."said Kenny..
"Kenny baby, no... I can't afford to get into anymore trouble.." said Josie who was frightened..

"It's all good baby..hang on.. Lock your seat belt." said Kenny..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed..
"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I LIKE IT WHEN YOU MAKE THAT SOUND." He said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU ARE SOOO NASTY!" she said,laughing as her hair blew in the wind!
Kenny shifted into high gear and pulled off, slightly above the speed limit.
He took Lt. Tragg on a wild ride through the city streets..
Lt. Tragg smiled and headed after him..

Kenny darted in between several cars and buses...and around corners.. with Lt. Tragg now on his tail..

He went through the light just before it changed from Green to yellow.


Lt. Tragg went through the light and right smack dab into another car...



Totaling his car...!!!!! and the other car as well.


The Policeman that arrived on the scene gave Lt. Tragg a Breathalyzer... He was way over the legal limit..Even though he didn't want to.. He had to arrest Lt. Tragg.. He just couldn't catch a break.

And at Kenny Freeman's Loft..


"Oh My God, that was soooooo much fun....You've got me sooooo excited.." said Josie..

"I've been excited since I saw you in the bar tonight." said Kenny.
"I knowwww, the way you were practically droooling over me was embarrassing...."laughed Josie..

They were kissing passionately by the door..
He gingerly slipped her panties down..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I LIKE THESE! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he said.

"I JUST BOUGHT THEM A WEEK AGO! You like these huh?" she giggled..


"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS." he said.
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned as she rode him like a surfer rides the waves.. She had an intense orgasm! She was embarrassed that she was cumming so fast!

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KENNNNY!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?" He asked.

"WHAT AM I DOING TO YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE?, WHOUUUUUU!"she cooed. She was having her second intense orgasm!!
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD Kenny BABY!...OUUUUU! YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS..OUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" she screamed as Kenny lifted her up and long stroked her.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD ...OUUUUU!  ayyyee, aye yi yiiiiii" she screamed.

He placed her on the bathroom sink and plowed into her..

She couldn't believe this man...He didn't get enough.. He had incredible stamina...She was having her third and fourth orgasm.

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned. ,

"YOU ARE A BEAST!" she  cooed .


They made love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS in the bedroom...


Josie wound up catching her breath ,lying on Kenny's chest, breathing heavily, totally satisfied sexually...

''WOW, you need to bottle up what's in your pants and sell that.. WOUUUUUUUUUU!" she said.Her body was still trembling. 

Kenny had a sheepish grin on his face.


Poor Lt. Tragg ended his night in the cooler, for DUI, his second time...His brand new car, totaled.


Poor Guy just could not catch a break.!

IV-


MONDAY MORNING- COURTROOM B-

Ms. Yvette was in the courtroom with our client, Josie James, flanked by myself, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil and Ms. Jade. Our Defense began today...









Assistant District Attorneys, Natalie Tennison and Brooke London sat across from us with newly released Lt. Tragg.  Nobody had missed his presence for most of this trial.. He had been released from jail yesterday... His brand new car totaled was towed to the junk yard.. and he had to take 60 hours of 
Alcohol and Drug training...He not only was the laughing stock of the police department, but every attorney in the courtroom was snickering as he walked in...including the two ADA's who had heard about his mishap over the weekend..



Lt. Tragg sat furious as he stared daggers at Attorney Kenny Freeman..

who sat in the visitors section laughing everytime he stared at him....


Even Judge Newton Cowley snickered a bit when he entered the courtrom and looked at Lt. Tragg... He simply shook his head...

Our defense began....

Yvette argued.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, they have told you that my client, Josie James, who you all know from her Podcast and her popular TV show has shot and killed her boss, Thomas Ashbrook...for what reason, we don't know...They have never theorized why she would do this...what they are using for evidence is a bra....Hers, discovered in Mr. Ashbrook's dressing room on the floor in a corner.. And a gun, the murder weapon, with not a print...no DNA...nothing....found in the trash can conveniently behind her apartment complex...All of this.. gleaned from an "anonymous phone call" , All of this..
lazy police work...but they want you to believe that our client, just up and killed this man with no justification...We intend to prove that not only did our client not kill this man, but had no reason to do this..." said Ms. Yvette..


Covington Barrington was called to testify....

I asked him did he know what kind of arrangement had been made the day before by his Associate Producer, Tommy Ashford and our client, Josie James..

"He told her that he was going to move her show to the 9:00 pm prime slot that the popular Hard Bottom show is now in. He did this without my Knowledge of or approval. " said Mr. Barrington.

"How would you say the relationship between Mr. Ashbrook and Ms. James  was?" asked Kahlil.
"It was very friendly... Very cordial... They liked each other...She always went to him when she needed a favor ...and he , uh he liked her... He basically wanted to sleep with her." he said, smiling.
"Mr. Barrington...You were out of town on business most of the week...When was the last time you saw either Ms. James or Mr. Ashbrook?" asked Natalie Tennison on cross.
"I last saw Tommy Ashbrook, the Tuesday before last when I left for Los Angelas... I last saw Ms. James, the day she got arrested." said Covington Barrington.
"So you weren't around to see any of the goings on of the prior week leading up to the murder, correct?" she asked.

"No, I uh was not." he said.



"No further questions." she said and smiled..



Bee Bee called several witnesses... Witnesses who testified seeing Josie James on the day of the murder, which she specified was different from the original time table given...

She called The Gynecologist, Dr. Herbert Sims, who she met with from 1:00 pm -3;30 pm..She called the Cashier and another employee from Lady Chatterlies Lover-Panties and Bras for the Discriminating woman, where she was from 4:00 pm-5:15...They testified to seeing Josie there and Bee Bee showed on a 64 inch screen copies of her debit card and credit card receipts..


Sofia called the employee from Wawa, who sold her the hoagie and the soup... She also called another customer who saw her there and got an autograph, which she brought with her... She had video footage and a debit card receipt timed at 6:15 that afternoon..
She called the neighbor who had flirted with her at 7:00 pm that afternoon when she arrived at her home.
Lastly she had the photo of her car ,taken when she parked it in the lot at 7:15, and reacting again when she left at 9:00 am the next Morning..

After the third day Ms Yvette called our final witness... Kathy Lee Johnson...the fiance of Tommy Ashbrook.


She should have been a hostile witness...She clearly didn't want to be here because she hadn't been present the entire trial.
"Ms. Johnson, when and where was the last time and place you and Mr. Ashbrook made love?" asked Yvette.
"WHAT? I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!" said Kathy Lee.
"OBJECTION!!! RELEVANCE!" protested  Brooke Kennedy.
"Your Honor..I am trying to tie location and motive here...I am going somewhere with this your honor!" Yvette pleaded.
"Objection Over ruled...I would like to hear the answer to this question."said Judge Cowley..
"It was , It was in his dressing room, the day he died..." she said.

"That's right and you left the Television Studio at 10:00 pm...The Night guard is here and will testify to that... You gassed your car up and you went to Atlantic Bar right around the corner from the Crepes to Go Pancake House... While you were in the dressing room, did you by chance notice the bra on the floor in the corner?  "asked Yvette.



"WHAT? NO!!!" she said.



''Perjury is a serious crime.." said Bee Bee. Who showed the jury a photo of the office and the bra lying on the floor.

"That bra was on the floor , under this table.. The Police hadn't been to his office just yet... Lt. Tragg's phone shows that he got a call from a blocked number...that told him exactly where to find the bra.... You saw it there...While you and Mr. Ashbrook were making love in his office." said Bee Bee.


"You knew it was Ms. James's bra,





 because you saw it the day before when you two were in the ladies room changing and you remarked to her how pretty it was.. When you saw it on the floor , you knew exactly whose bra it was... "said Sofia.

"You had an appointment to meet Tommy for drinks that night at Atlantic Bar...but he was exhausted after an afternoon of sex with you...He called you at 11:59 and told you he wasn't coming out to drink, but that he was going to Crepes to Go for some breakfast....That's how you knew exactly where to be, isn't that so?" I asked..


"And this is only speculation....but if you made an anonymous call about the bra...You more than likely made an anonymous call about that gun too, which just conveniently was found in a trash can behind her apartment complex..."said Kahlil.


"I'd like a lawyer....I'm not answering anymore questions." said Kathy Lee Johnson.

"I think that is a good idea." I said softly...




"OBJECTION! GROSS SPECULATION!" screamed Brooke.

"No Further Questions." said Kahlil, smiling slyly...

"The Defense Rests Your Honor." said Yvette.

"You gave us the wrong day!  The wrong day!!!...You gave us the day before...We should have picked it up!!" screamed a visibly livid ADA Brooke Kennedy at Lt. Tragg..
Lt. Tragg was beet red, He realized the mistake he had made..but damned if he was going to admit it to them. He said nothing..
ADA Natalie Tennison just shook her head in disgust!...


ONE HOUR LATER-

"This is real quick Ms. Yvette...I'm worried." I said.
"I'm not...They didn't have a case to press, they proved nothing."said Ms. Yvette , who was hugging  Sofia...and rocking her back and forth ..

"I'm with Ms. Yvette...I'm so sure we got this...I'm not worried.."said Bee Bee.
"I agree."said Kahlil..
Josie looked a little pensive.., She said nothing..

"Girrrrrl, all good things come to an end.. They just broke our streak."said Brooke Kennedy who had accepted the fact that she and her partner had finally come up short.
Natalie said nothing..She looked at Lt. Tragg and shook her head. Because she and Brooke didn't have the seniority the other ADA's had, they couldn't turn down Lt. Tragg.
Lt. Tragg shook his head... He was certain he had brought in a good case...but thinking these two prosecutors were just too green to deal with a seasoned pro like Yvette and her "snot nosed youngings.


"Has the jury come to a conclusion asked Judge Newton Cowley..


"Yes your honor...We have."said the Jury foreman..

"Bailiff bring me the verdict." he said.

The Bailiff brought him the verdict...He smiled and chuckled a bit upon reading it and shook his head.

We didn't know how to take that...

"Read it!" he said.

"IN THE MATTER OF COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS. JOSEPHINE JAMESINA JOHNSON on the charge of MANSLAUGHTER - NOT GUILTY!!!

SECOND DEGREE MURDER- NOT GUILTY

ON THE CHARGE OF USING AN INSTRUMENT OF VIOLENCE TO COMMIT A CRIME- NOT GUILTY

AND ON THE MOST SERIOUS CHARGE OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER...NOT GUILTY!"

"OHHHHH THANK YOU JESUS! THANK YOUUUUUU! MY NIGHTMARE IS OVER!" said Josie James.
"I'm soo happy for you baby...Now I know your government name..Heh heh heheh."laughed Kenny Freeman.
"I told you...This was one of the easiest defenses I've ever had."laughed Ms. Yvette.
"I suppose it was.. but it didn't feel like it for a minute."laughed Sofia.
"I knew we had this in the bag all along." I said.
"Surrrrrrre you did!"laughed Bee Bee.
"Welll back to boring litigations outside of court."said Kahlil.
"Hey in this case...Boring is good." said Jade.


Brooke hated to lose...She lashed out at Lt. Tragg..

"YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST!" she said.

and quickly left the courtroom....She was in tears!



Lt. Tragg looked at Natalie Tennison..

"DON'T YOU SAY A WORRRRD!" he bellowed.



"DUDE!!! LIKE I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" said Natalie, walking out of the courtroom....


ONE WEEK LATER- A THURSDAY NIGHT!!


We had a nice respite in our office for Kenny and Josie , who announced they were engaged to be married shortly after the trial.


Virginia did an excellent job of catering the event... We had all kinds of meats and cheeses and hard rolls for sandwiches



as well as condiments ,mayo and mustard for sandwiches..

Plenty of sodas
Pasta Salad
and Cole Slaw
And Champaigne..Lots of Champaigne.





Josie showed off her engagement ring...

Our Conference Room was crowded... Me and Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil, Ms. Yvette and Gary, Jade and Danny hosted the shindig in our conference room..
"This is a nice party...Remember when we had a party in here years ago, before we worked here?" I asked Bee Bee.
"I sure do..I never imagined we 'd have a suite in this building and actually work here." said Bee Bee.
''Me neither, this is soooo nice."said Sofia.
"It is. I'm proud to be the host." said Kahlil.
'So am I." said Ms. Yvette.
"You guys really knew how to throw a party." said Gary.
''We do don't We?" said Jade.
"I'll say." said Danny Ho, her husband.

Our building mates, Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla , Ray, Jessica and Chip were there along with Jetty, who supplied the Champaigne and Glasses.

"I'm so glad to be invited to  this." said Jazzy.
''Me too!"said Dabnis.
"This is so nice, so well put together." said Kayla.
"Kinda like you."said her husband, Ray, smiling and looking at her form fitting white net skirt.
"I'm so glad to be invited to  this." said Jessica.
"I am too!" said Chip.
"Well why wouldn't you all be invited...You work in this building too! You socialize with all or most of these folks."said Jetty, smiling.

Olivia  was there with her husband, Donnie Ray, her niece , Beverly and her husband, Nelson and the rest of her staff and their husbands, Josie, Paris , Bresha, Tony,Alfreda and Rockland.

"This is so nice, so well put together." said Olivia.
"Yes, it is."said  Donnie Ray.
"My Mother's Caterer  never fails."laughed Beverly.
"No he doesn't...Look at all the things he's done for us." said Nelson.
"This is great.. I had nothing to do on a Thursday Night." said Josie.
"I'm glad to see you in your new dress..It looks great."said her husband, Paris.
"Another great event we are privy too eh Hubby...Two years ago when we were in our final year of law school we couldn't imagine this could we?" asked Bresha.
"I sure couldn't...I knew meeting and hooking up with you was good luck for me."said Tony.
"Awwww you two are so cute."said Alfreda..
who was removing her husband's wandering hands from up under her skirt.


And rounding out the guests was of course, 

ADA Karen Page, TV Host, B.L. Benz, who had buried the hatchet with Josie James and Covington Barrington.

"I'm so happy for Kenny." said Karen..
"I'm happy for both of them." said B.L.
"I told Kenny that he's still our head counsel.. he just can't rule on anything concerning Josie." laughed Covington Barrington.

It was a nice way to end a case...





EPILOUGE-

Kathy Lee Johnson was eventually arrested and charged with Tommy Ashbrook's murder......Both of her trials ended in hung juries....

She resigned from her position at the Television Station...

She was tried a third time.. She pleaded guilty to Manslaughter and was sentenced to 10-15 years in prison...Far less time than she deserved..



True to her word.. Natalie Tennison agreed to meet with us at the Atlantic Bar  and bought the first round of drinks..



"You guys were good, damn good...I raise my glass in a toast to you."said Natalie...

''Thank You." said Ms. Yvette.

"Thank You!"  I said.

"Thank You Natalie...You were good too!" said Bee Bee.

"Yes...You both were very good.." said Sofia.

"Thanks, two of the best we ever went up against."said Kahlil..

"Thank You" said Jade.


"Thank you for including me." said Virginia.


"You're part of the team too."laughed Natalie ..."My partner took this loss very hard...She's not mad at you guys...but she really hates Lt. Tragg....She wrote a scathing after case report which was signed by the District Attorney and given to the Deputy of Operations. I think , in lieu with his recent problems, Being locked up for DUI, Being arrested for being a peeping tom over in Jersey...He's headed back for the Marine Boat."said Natalie..

"Doesn't look like he'll be getting into her panties anytime soon."laughed Yvette..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!" laughed Natalie.


Indeed Lt. Tragg 



wound up back on the Marine Boat....for 30 days.. He was as expected , LIVID!!!!


He hated Brooke Kennedy and was determined to get revenge.


It was a good night for all.

FOR DANYL

No comments: