Thursday, November 17, 2022

Nightmare Road


 A Lonely road in upstate Pennsylvania.. Midnight...

Olivia's Lexus had a flat.....

"Ohhhhhh and I'm all alone out here on this road....."said Olivia.

She pulled out her smartphone.
"I don't believe this...I can't get a signal.." she said..

She was in the middle of nowhere...


She popped the trunk!

"My daddy taught me and Bev how to change a tire...Thank you daddy for teaching me and Bev to be independent..and not damsels in distress."she said,.




A old white man with a bald head and bib overalls  came out of the woods with a shovel who startled Olivia..

"Howdy Little Lady, need some help?" he asked.

"Oh, no thank you....I'm just about finished..."said Olivia as she tightened the spare tire and put the tools back in her trunk. What was this man doing out this time of night and with a shovel, she wondered..  He looked like he had just finished digging something up....or burying it!!!! she mused.
''Not many fancy ladies I know, know how to fix a spare tire like that." said the man..
''My daddy taught me and my niece how to fix a spare tire when we got our first cars...It comes in handy on nights like tonight." said Olivia, smiling..
"Yes it does!!You sho is pretty....And that's a fancy car... How do you afford that kind of car? What kind of work do you do?" asked the man.. She hated questions like this and from people like this man!
Admiring Olivia's Lexus..
"I'm an Attorney, a Lawyer...I'm from Philadelphia...I was visiting a client at the State prison up the road...I'm on my way home..." said Olivia , who was beginning to get nervous...She'd of felt much better if her husband,

Donnie Ray
or her niece ,Beverly
or even her niece's husband, Nelson...had been with her...and even better, all three...What was she doing alone like this on a night like this??? What was she doing visiting a prisoner this late at night?
Visiting hours were usually up by 6:00 pm!! This was strange..and further more what client was she visiting??

She hated being alone on this road at this time of night with this strange man..





"I sure wish you hadn't driven along this road tonight.. See, you bein a lawyer and all, you might remember seeing me here with this shovel and all... See , AH JUST KILLED MY WIFE AND HER BOYFRIEND , BURIED THEM BOTH OUT HERE!!! AND NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO KILL AND BURY YOU TOO!!!!" he said non-chalantly...

"NO!!! NOOOO!   NOOOOO!!!" screamed Olivia.


"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" screamed Olivia....


"OLIVIA!!! WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP, You were having a bad dream!!" I said.

"OHHHHH! Donnie Ray!!!!I dreamed I was out on this scary, lonely road somewhere in upstate Pennsylvania and I got a flat...I was changing the tire and this creepy man with a shovel came out of nowhere...he asked me a lot of questions and then when he found out I was an attorney...He said he was going to have to kill me ,because I might tell that I saw him in the area and he had just killed his wife and her lover and buried them both not far from where we were...He was getting ready to kill me too, when I woke up screaming!"said Olivia, who was still trembling.
''WOW...that was some dream, you might want to write that down...It might make a good screenplay for a horror movie." I said, laughing and hugging her.. I ran my hands up her babydoll and squeezed her butt a little..I kissed her on the cheek and the neck...I lifted her baby doll and sucked on her breasts a little bit...
"My goodness...You have a one track mind don't you? All you think about is sex.."said Olivia.. "At least when you're around me alone."she said.
"I think about it with you, when we are not alone...Especially with you wearing these tight fitting Black dresses and fishnet pantyhose now of days...I find it very relaxing, especially after a stressful dream..."I said.
"Well...............It is a de stresser and I uh am glad to be safe in bed ....in your arms.. You are too smooth Donnie Ray Alexander...You know just what to say and just how to say it.." she said..
We kissed slowly and softly.......

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you feel good Olivia.."I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU,so do you." she said.
I slipped her panties down and off..

"These are really nice and really pretty." I said.


"Ouuuuuuuuuu..I thought you would appreciate them. Smoothie..." she cooed and giggled..

She still smelled like a newborn baby and had skin as soft as one..I kept kissing her neck and her earlobes.... 
We kissed some more..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I could kiss you all night."I whispered..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.
Olivia straddled me and for the second time tonight , We began making love...Her moving up and down on me, while I held her tightly and her kissing me..nearly driving me bananas.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray...I love you soooooo much!" she cooed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia, you are driving me crazy.. I love you too!! OHHHHHH" I moaned..
and the two of us making love for the next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS!

"Oh my goddddd!..."she moaned softly as we crashed on the bed and we began to make sweet love....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm…" I moaned as the bed began to squeak beneath our combined weights...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY SWEET SWEET HUSBANDDDDD!" she cooed.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I moaned...



After we were done Olivia crawled up on  my chest...

"I should have sweet dreams now." she said.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!" I said rubbing and squeezing her butt softly...

"Husband, you are Heaven sent." said Olivia ,just as she drifted off to a peaceful sleep.


II-


The Next Morning. Olivia sat in the conference room talking to Brooke on the portal...




Giving her an update on her upcoming trial...which was in a few days..




Nelson and I were in the Media Room..He was studying prospective Jurors and I was studying the crime scene photos, the crime scene report, a psychological make up of the killer and Bull Bailey's notes...

And next Door in the Law Library...



Beverly, Josie and Bresha were in the law library, researching predicates, Laws pertaining to a case like this, Former cases and looking at Luke Fuentes's cases and how he ruled...His courtroom style...

And in our kitchen, Our Office Manager, Alfreda had received another mid day visit from her husband, Assistant District Attorney, Rockland Cambridge, fresh off a win in a major case... "Celebrating by kissing her passionately and trying to cajole her into taking at least some of her clothes off.
''Nooooo Rockland, I'm not taking any of my clothes off...Everybody is here today..." said Alfreda...

"Awww Come onnn....The Girls are in the Law Library and Nelson and Donnie Ray are in the Media Room...They aren't even in the building.."He cajoled..

"Olivia is in the next room..."said Alfreda..

"I don't remember what color your panties and bra were today.." he said.

"You should have paid attention this morning when I got up and was getting dressed." said Alfreda..

Just then the doorbell rang!
"OHHHH WHO THE HELL IS IT?" said an angry Rockland...Thinking it might be Lt. Tragg!

It wasn't... It was A Delivery guy with our lunches and a young man we weren't expecting, Attorney Sean Marks.
"Wow...Looks Like I arrived at the wrong time. Hey Beverly." said Sean Marks..
''Heyy Sean, it's been awhile."said Beverly.
"Yes it has....Glad to see you're doing okay....I was at the Bridge Building Recently...I saw your cousin Kayla and her husband, Ray..." said Sean..
''We just got off the phone with your uh ex-wife...You know we are defending her in her federal trial in a few days?" said Olivia.

"Yes, I know...I won't take up your lunch time...I'm actually here to see Mr. Donnie Ray." he said.

As our food was delivered...
There was an Italian Hoagie for Olivia, Beverly and Josie...






And Cheese steaks for me, Nelson, Bresha and Alfreda.





"I'll share with you Horny Toad."said Alfreda to Rockland.
''No that's okay...I'm on my way back to work, you all enjoy!" said Rockland..

We had all been working all morning...We chowed down...

"What can I do for you young man?" I asked Sean..
"I hear that you are a man of many talents...In addition to being a crack Investigator..You are a talented Musician...You Play the Trumpet and the Piano..and you are also a Broker of sorts of rings...Engagement Rings and Wedding bands.. I need Matching Engagement rings and matching Wedding Bands...I am prepared to pay your price."said Sean Marks , who gave me a piece of paper that had the ring sizes on them...
''Wowwww you're very organized....I like that....Okay...I'll talk to my guy and I'll see you in a week or so... Give me your number and address.."I said.

He pulled out his phone and I pulled out mine.



and we exchanged information.....


"Thank You sir...You'll be hearing from me." said Sean as he got up.. "I'll let myself out...You all enjoy your lunches." he said.

"Looks like somebody is planning on making somebody an honest woman."said Olivia.
"I think that is sooo nice... I've known Sean for years...I had no idea he was married before." said Beverly..



"Liv, you and Brooke still having that sit down tonight with Bull Bailey And Fuentes?" asked Nelson.



"Yes...It's just a formality...I want them to present their deal to her one last time and I'm going to appeal to Fuentes to drop these ludicrous charges... Nobody wants to go to court behind this, but if he insists...He's going at his professional peril. I'm taking Bree with me..We can handle this."said Olivia.


"I'm going to be around.." I said. I had an idea I had run by Olivia and one other person.
Tonight was going to be interesting.



III-
Night Time
Night time in Philadelphia, Fall...a balmy 69 degrees....

A Tony Wine Bar...

''You think they'll show?" asked Brooke.
"They'll show..." said Olivia...

Like Clockwork the two men walked in... Lucas Fuente and William "Bull"


"Good Evening Ladies."said Lucas Fuentes..
"Good evening Ladies." said Bull Bailey...


All four of them ordered a glass of wine...

"Gentlemen...I proffered this meeting to be fair, to allow you to make your pitch to Brooke and for Brooke to make up her mind what she wants to do...How she wants to proceed."said Olivia.

"Don't you mean how YOU want her to proceed Liv.???. You're getting a lot of press from this , "said Bull Bailey...

''As are you...The difference is.. I'm not suspected of any wrong doing..."said Olivia.

"Now...Now Now...We are here to make a proffer...Here is our proffer...More Wine please!" said Lucas Fuente..


"YES...MORE WINE!" said Bull Bailey, who looked like he was already getting a buzz.
as more wine was poured.

"Brooke, here is the deal...You issue a public apology for planting evidence...You say it was the only way to take this monster Harley Hayden, killer of three known women and suspected of a fourth off the streets and you are very sorry...People will understand that, even sympathize....And this all goes away..No Jail time...You are free and clear.. You may get disbarred, you may not...You may just get a censure. Your attorney Mrs. Bennett-Alexander has helped at least three attorneys I know , who were disbarred get their licenses back, including one name Soloman, who did time....You could be practicing law within a year or two.. It's a good deal..You should  take it..No one wants to go to trial behind this." said Lucas Fuente.


"You mean you don't wish to go to trial with this...You don't want the bad publicity this shines on YOU... You want me to cop to something You and I both know, I didn't do! Even if I don't get disbarred, you know that my boss, your opponent in the D.A.'s race will fire me on the spot..and there is no guaruntee that Olivia can get my license to practice back if I'm disbarred...That's a crap shoot and you know it. If all I get is censured...It's still on my record that I was fired from the D.A.'s office for prosecutional mis conduct and censored....It will be difficult for me to get with a good firm or a government law job...Taking one for the team means ruining my life...I'll be lucky if I get a job process serving. Absolutely NOT....Now you are hearing it from me...No deal.. I'm taking this to court...I can't wait to fight these charges."said Brooke.


"Is that You talking Brooke or your lawyer?  She's getting good press..She'll be on talk shows after this..She wins either way. This will generate business for her either way..." said Lucas Fuente...


"And with your deal, I lose either way...No deal.....Now you're hearing it from me.."said Brooke.

"I seem to remember some years back when my niece was a young Public Defender, you offered two of her clients a so called "sweet deal" They both took it ,got convicted and the Judge gave them more time than they would have originally have gotten.. I stepped in and got one guys charges dropped eventually, but that other guy went to prison and I found out...He just got released last year...So So much for your sweet deals...We are going to court...We can't trust you and your deals."said Olivia.


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! SUIT YOURSELF!!! THIS ISN'T GOING TO GO GOOD FOR YOU MRS. BENNETT-ALEXANDER...YOU'VE MADE A REPUTATION beating lesser talent, but I'm the best at what I do...I am going to eviscerate you!! OUUUUUUUU!" snarled an angry Lucas Fuentes.
"Let's get out of here." said Bull Bailey...."SO STUBBORN, SO DAMN STUBBORN...GOTDAMNIT!!" gtumbled Bull Bailey/...He was livid. "TAKE THE DEAL BROOKE, DON'T BE UNREASONABLE, GOTDAMNIT!!! PLEASE!" he screamed and stomped his foot


Both men finished their wine and walked out of the Wine Bar..

Brooke laughed long and hardy....
Olivia smiled.
Bresha had been sitting across from them , totally un noticed by the two men..She walked over and took the three glasses that William "Bull" Bailey had been drinking out of and placed them in a plastic bag...
She smiled and walked out to the car ...



''Here you go.. Piece of cake." said Bresha..

She passed me the bag....and I passed it to Dr. Hazel Baylor, who had come along with me.

"Good Girl." I said.

"I'll make this priority...I have the contact lense.." said Hazel. She got out of the car and got in her car and waved to us as she left...

Brooke and Olivia came out and got in the front seat with me..

"The Nerve of both of them, The Nerve." said Brooke.
"Well let's see if my husband's hunch was right...Don't you worry...We're going to get you out of this.

Beverly, Nelson and Josie were in the back seat... They would have been recognized by both men, had they have been in the bar, but Bresha, still new was not recognized or noticed by either man..
"Somebody might be getting the shock of their life if they go to trial.." said Beverly.
"I can't wait."said Nelson.
"Me Neither."said Josie.

"Let's Take Brooke home...so we can get everybody home...It's late.."said Olivia.

We all pulled off.... I signaled to  Paris and Tony..


who were in the jeep behind us to follow us..



They followed us...
over the bridge to Cherry Hill.




IV-


SOUTH PHILADELPHIA MIDNIGHT-



"This place has been closed for nearly a decade.." said a Crime Scene Investigator...

"A couple of kids discovered this body in the freezer..."said another investigator..


"This is a woman.. from the looks of the body...and the decay...I'd say she's been in here for about 10 years...or a little less."said Dr. Marcy Martin..


"She has a purse...it's frozen shut....but I think I can pry it open...ummmph....Look, there is a drivers  license.. It says her name is Marcia Hennigan..."said another CSI man..


"I was just out of the academy....I was a uniform officer , assigned to Detective "Bull" Bailey...She was one of the four women who vanished off the streets in thin air during that period when they were investigating that freak Harley Hayden....They found three badly decomposed bodies...They NEVER FOUND HER...Until now.....He was convicted and sentenced to die....I understand his lawyer is trying to get him released on a technicality. Well hahahahaha, he won't get off on this one... His Old man used to own this Ice House...Co-incidence?? Huh?   He's not going to get off on this."said Detective Sgt. Brice of Homicide.


Dr. Marcy Martin, the coronor was glad that Lt. Tragg was not on this case.. He spent his days taking 50 hours of Drug and Alcohol training,  due to his recent DUI arrests..He wasn't on the streets working cases much....To everyone's releif.


The body was removed.... The final victim had been found...8 years after she went missing.... By morning, new murder charges would be filed against Harley Hayden...



 A Lonely road in upstate Pennsylvania.. Midnight...

Olivia's Lexus had a flat.....

"Ohhhhhh and I'm all alone out here on this road....."said Olivia.

She pulled out her smartphone.
"I don't believe this...I can't get a signal.." she said..

She was in the middle of nowhere...


She popped the trunk!

"My daddy taught me and Bev how to change a tire...Thank you daddy for teaching me and Bev to be independent..and not damsels in distress."she said,.




A old white man with a bald head and bib overalls  came out of the woods with a shovel who startled Olivia..

"Howdy Little Lady, need some help?" he asked.

"Oh, no thank you....I'm just about finished..."said Olivia as she tightened the spare tire and put the tools back in her trunk. What was this man doing out this time of night and with a shovel, she wondered..  He looked like he had just finished digging something up....or burying it!!!! she mused.
''Not many fancy ladies I know, know how to fix a spare tire like that." said the man..
''My daddy taught me and my niece how to fix a spare tire when we got our first cars...It comes in handy on nights like tonight." said Olivia, smiling..
"Yes it does!!You sho is pretty....And that's a fancy car... How do you afford that kind of car? What kind of work do you do?" asked the man.. She hated questions like this and from people like this man!
Admiring Olivia's Lexus..
"I'm an Attorney, a Lawyer...I'm from Philadelphia...I was visiting a client at the State prison up the road...I'm on my way home..." said Olivia , who was beginning to get nervous...She'd of felt much better if her husband,

Donnie Ray
or her niece ,Beverly
or even her niece's husband, Nelson...had been with her...and even better, all three...What was she doing alone like this on a night like this??? What was she doing visiting a prisoner this late at night?
Visiting hours were usually up by 6:00 pm!! This was strange..and further more what client was she visiting??

She hated being alone on this road at this time of night with this strange man..


A Black Tow Truck drove up just then......


Donnie Ray was driving..

"We got worried when you didn't show up and we couldn't get a call through...So I got a tow truck...but I see you don't need it." He said..




Beverly, Nelson, Josie, Paris, Bresha and Tony drove up in the SUV...

"Hey Auntay...I'm glad we found you." said Beverly..
"I'm glad we found you too...A road like this is no place to be on a night like this."said Nelson.
"For Sure." said Josie.. "I see you already changed your tire."observed Josie.
"Yeah, this road is creepy.." said Paris.
"Yeah, let's get out of here."said Bresha.



"Say, where is that guy with the shovel you were talking to?" asked Tony...

Olivia looked around..

"I don't know....He's gone!" said Olivia.

Beverly got out and got in the car with Olivia.

"I'll ride back with you, they can follow us.." she said.

Olivia felt much better.
"I'll take this tow back..."said Donnie Ray...

Everyone else followed us in the SUV.....


Olivia woke up again with a start, but this time she didn't wake me up... This dream had ended much different than the one she had the night before..

She smiled..


She laid back across my chest and went back to sleep...A Peaceful sleep this time.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: