Friday, July 24, 2026

Show Trial

TRIAL DAY- EARLY IN THE MORNING-
Assistant District Attorney Jason Prince was in the Judges Chambers...

He had lipstick smudges on his lapel and the side of his face...


Those kisses came from Assistant District Attorney Yvonne Harris...
 

"OHHHHHHHHHHH JASON...OUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned in between kisses....
WE SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS IN HERE...WE COULD GET CAUGHT!" she said, giggling like a teenage girl..

"WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET CAUGHT...IT'S EARLY IN THE MORNING....THE CLEANING STAFF ISN'T EVEN HERE YET." he said.

"MMMMMMMMMMMM, YOU HAVE SOFT LIPS!" he said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, SO DO YOU!" she said as they continued to kiss passionately...

He reached under her dress and began to slip her panties down!

"JASON PLEASE!!! NOT IN HERE!!! COME ON NOW!" she pleaded...

"I'VE GOT TO...I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he moaned.



He slipped her panties down and turned her around, spread her legs...


and entered her doggie style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed out...her body trembling..

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Keep it down before someone does hear us.."he said quietly.

"OH MY GODDDD!" she cooed.. Her entire body was trembling...her head was turning from side to side...Tears were running down the side of her face...She was having an intense orgasm...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BABYYYY!" he moaned.

"DARLING!" she cried out!

A few blocks away at Sam Mother's Diner....it was a homecoming of sorts....All of our friends came to see us at trial today... Sam Mother hadn't seen all of us together like this in his diner in ages..
Including us, The Diner was packed...He loved it...

And the hot food and coffee was coming out!!!









 


"WOWWW!  This is almost like when I was a Public Defender and an ADA...."gushed Jazzy, remembering many breakfasts in Sam Mother's....
 

"Keep that food coming Sam.."laughed Dabnis....

"Ouuuuuu the memories...The Memories of when I ate breakfast here every morning before work,or nearly every morning."said Kayla.
"Good Times..."said her husband, Ray...

"Wow, reminds me of when we worked at the Public Defenders Office...huh?" said Jessica.

"Yeah, practically every morning, except when we had an early trial." said her husband, Chip..

"Reminds me of my days as an ADA."said Karen..


"The Food was always good and hot...and I loved this atmosphere...Real homey."said B.L.

"WOWWW!  This is almost like when I was a Public Defender and an ADA...."gushed Jazzy, remembering many breakfasts in Sam Mother's...."said Natalie...
"I certainly enjoyed many a meal in here as a Public Defender.."said David.
"You had a few with the two of us...remember?" said Brooke.
"I didn't have the history with this place you guys have, but I certainly see why you like it so much." said Sean.
"I ate all three meals in here at times."said Zoey...

"Really?   I had breakfast here and occassionally Dinner...Always loved this place." said Lem.

"Me too!  This was always my lunch spot..." said Renee.

"Mine too! When I was a Bailiff.. I recall seeing you in here a few times before I knew you."said her husband, Tyrell.


"After I transferred my credits to Philadelphia from Bayside....I used to eat Lunch and occassionally dinner here." said Lee.

"I didn't eat here every day...but I remember meeting my sister here for lunch a few times." said Matthew.
"Reminds me of my days as an ADA."said Nina.
 "We had places like this in New York, every three or four blocks." said her husband, Carlos.

OUR CLIENT WAS ASTOUNDED-

"These are all your neighbors and friends Olivia....So many Attorneys who I have seen before...Incredible...and they all ate here....WOWWWW!" said William Lehmann.

"We all did...I had many a meal here."said Olivia with a smile.
 
"So Did I when I first came to Philly, with you and Bev." I said.


"Me and you too Boo as Public defenders..."said Beverly...
"I remember you treating me a couple of times when I was short of cash." said Nelson..

"You were my friend....Not my boyfriend yet, but my friend...I wasn't going to let you starve."said Beverly, hugging her husband.


"Awwwwwwww that's so sweet." said Josie.
"I proposed to you in here, remember."said Paris.
"Of course I do.." said Josie, smiling at Paris.

"AWWWWWWWWW! WE ALL HAVE SWEET MEMORIES OF THIS PLACE!" said Bresha.
"We haven't all been in here like this in ages..."said her husband, Tony...


"You know why don't you...?" said Alfreda..
"He Just walked in."said her husband, Rockland.



Lt. Tragg walked in...He was shocked to see all of his "Favorite people" in here..
"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" he said looking around....
 

 "I knew he was coming in here...but I was hungry..."said Yvette.

"I'm just glad I get to have breakfast with you."said her husband, Gary...

"I'm glad too!  I'm glad he has nothing to fuss at us about." said Yvette...

"Wow this brings back memories doesn't it babe?"said Keith Jones.
Bee Bee smiled and leaned her head into his shoulders...

"Yes. Good memories!" she said.
"Good Memories in here..."said Sofia, hugging her husband.
"Yes..."said Kahlil.

"I remember meeting you here and having a late night meal with you when you got off duty one night."said Jade.


"That was nice....We should do that again...Just for the hell of it." said Danny.






"We had many dinners here after I first got out of prison." said Virginia...

"Yeah those were mellow nights.."remembered Jetty....


''So you guys came to see Olivia and crew try this bozo in court huh?  You're going to be sorely disapointed..."said Lt. Tragg..

''We'll let a jury decide that in a court of law." said Olivia.

''Don't argue withn him auntay."said Beverly.


''Little Nieces should be seen and not heard." said Lt. Tragg.


Sam Mother sighed from behind the counter....

Just like old times , he thought.

II-

The Lobby in the courthouse waiting area was crowded with Press...
Snapping photos of everybody involved and asking questions..
B.L. was there with his television crew from his show- HARD BOTTOM.



Lt. Tragg arrived..He was in heaven... He gave a spirited interview in which he said Lehmann was a "victim of his own celebrity.... ""But we live in a land of laws and even a celebrity like Lehmann is not above the law." he concluded as the cameras snapped.

William Lehmann against our wishes spoke to the press, He told them to ignore Lt. Tragg's pompous and often wrong conclusions....He declared that he was innocent and that it would be proven...


Lt. Tragg was livid at being upbraided by William Lehmann... 

Seeking to stop the bleeding...Olivia and I grabbed William
 


and hustled him into the courtroom....









Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha followed us into the courtroom. None of them said anything to the press...They didn't even acknowledge the press.


Assistant District Attorney Jason Price arrived and addressed the press..He was a rising superstar in the D.A.'s office having never lost a case.. (29-0)so far.

"We expect a very spirited battle this week... I think Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her team, who are very celebrated and very good attorneys have picked a bad client and are going to face their first loss in a long time.. I'm just glad fate gave me a case I can win over them" he said.



Assistant District Attorney Casey O'Rourke, who was second chair..She didn't respond to any of the reporters questions....She noticed that Jason's suit was wrinkled and there were lipstick smudges on the collar of his shirt and the side of his face and the smell of a foreign perfume was on his clothing.

She was livid!


COURTROOM E-


"ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE MICHEAL KING! DOCKET 707, People of The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. William Lehmann on the charge of First Degree Murder" said the Bailiff.


"Be Seated... I am Judge Micheal King...Some of you know me...We will begin with the introduction of Attorneys.." he said.

"ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY JASON PRINCE, REPRESENTING THE COMMONWEALTH YOUR HONOR." he said.

We had never heard of him!

"Assistant District Attorney Casey ORourke, Second Chair, Representing the Commonwealth." said Casey. She looked disgusted and she couldn't hide it. 

Her? We knew...We had faced her in court before.

"Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Lead Attorney for the Defense your honor."said Olivia.
"Beverly West-East, Attorney for the defense your honor." said Beverly...
"Nelson East- Attorney for the Defense your honor." said Nelson.

"Josie Boyd, Attorney for the Defense your honor." said Josie.

"Bresha Billips, attorney for the defense your honor." said Bresha.

I sat quietly next to our client ....


He kept looking at the people in the visitors section......and smiling....Especially at our friends and neighbors..This was indeed a show trial.

 

 














 


 





































"Alright , we will now have juror selection..."said Judge King.



ADA Jason Price was good....He had done his homework...


But so had Nelson, who was determined not to let what had happened to him in the last trial happen in this one...





Bresha and Josie were sitting behind him whispering questions and information about jurors to him.

Jason picked the jury foreman and three other jurors...


But Nelson got Eight jurors that he wanted...Giving him an 8-4 victory....
Beverly hugged him.....


Casey sat quietly...Seething...Jason had been over her apartment just the night before humping and sweating on top of her and was here with his suit wrinkled and another woman's lipstick smudges on his suit...


Jason slyly ran his hands up her skirt, feeling her legs and rubbing her buttocks....

"ARE YOU WEARING A THONG TODAY?" he asked slyly...


She slapped him so hard, he fell out of his chair... We all saw it!  The courtroom was stunned.

She then stood up..grabbed her legal roller.


"Your honor I am respectfully withdrawing myself from this case." she said and she walked out!!!



Lt. Tragg was shocked.. This usually happened to him....

"GEEEEEEEEEZ!" he said in shock.

"What the hell is going on over there?" asked Judge King..


''Er Uh Nothing your honor....I'm sure I can clear this up." said a visibly shaken and embarrassed Jason Prince.

''Well at any rate...We have a jury....Trial will begin tomorrow morning at 9:00 am sharp...Attorneys and Jurors, be on time and be ready for trial.....Court is dismissed." said Judge King...

"Did you see that? She slapped the hell out of him." said Nelson.

"He had his hand up under her skirt...I saw that!!!" said Beverly...
"He had Lipstick on his shirt collar and his suit was wrinkled....That wasn't the same shade of lipstick she was wearing,."said Josie.


"You think maybe something was going on between him and Ms. Casey ahead of the trial?" asked Bresha.


"It must have been....Why else would she be so irritated?" said Beverly...


"Whatever....Our focus is on our defense and we've got to use every advantage we have to press this case." said Olivia.


"Spoken like a true attorney Olivia...well said." said our client, William Lehmann.


"We don't want you making any statements to the press.You hear?" I said.

"That's right...Something you say might be used against you....So don't say anything...Wait until after the trial." said Olivia.


"Okay!  Okayyyy!" said William Lehmann.




III-


COURTROOM E-

The trial began....


ADA Jason Price was good.. Very good.. He hadn't lost a case yet...He was 29 -0..He showed us why...He came prepared...with receipts as they say....

But so did Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Bresha. They came with receipts also, objections based on laws pertaining to a case like this, general law and predicates... For the next few days they frustrated him and tied him up constantly....

It was starting to get to him....




These four were unafraid and unimpressed by him...Prior to this trial they hadn't heard of him and weren't aware that he had up until now, never lost a case.


ADA Casey O' Rourke Never returned to the courtroom...She was done with the case and with 
Jason Prince...She blocked his phone number and kept her office door locked...



Josie and Olivia turned out to be a team that was even more frustrating to Jason Prince in the coming days.


His Cockiness, Arrogance and Self Assuredness was being taken down a notch...and he was making several mistakes he hadn't previously made against other attorneys....


Judge King found himself having to rule against him numerous times...He was secretly enjoying all of this ...Jason Prince had practiced in his court before. He found him to be very arrogant and self assured...This was the first time he saw him a bit off of his game, a little less self-assured...He was facing attorneys who were young like him...(He was Two years older than Beverly, Nelson and Josie)who were unafraid of him and unimpressed by him as well.. Judge King secretly loved this.
Jason Prince being tested for the first time and in front of a huge audience.

"Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie and Bresha are handing that cocky little bastard his ass and he knows it.."laughed our client William Lehmann.

Tensions were starting to rise over on the prosecution bench...


"You really screwed the pooch with this one Tragg...So many loose ends you didn't tie up...You left too many openings and they lead me into each one....You shoud have investigated this case a lot more thoroughly." said Jason Prince.

"Oh so this is my fault you're getting out lawyered?  You tried to be too slick...You were too cocky...and you were dealing with lawyers just as cocky and as smart as you....I'm willing to say they're a bit smarter than you.." said Lt. Tragg..


"WHYYYY YOU DUMB KEYSTONE COPPER!" said Jason Prince, socking Lt. Tragg in the jaw.

Lt. Tragg socked him in the jaw and the two grabbed each other and fell down, knocking their table over and a pitcher of water that splashed all over the floor..They were rolling back and forth throwing punches at each other...It was kind of like old times..


"BAILIFFS, BAILLIFS!! PULL EM APART, GET EM OUTTA HERE!! CLEAR THE COURT!!! CLEAR THE DAMN COURT!!!" yelled Judge King..

This trial had turned into a three ring circus...



"The Tension is getting to our boys huh?" laughed William Lehmann.... 

"Yeah and we haven't even begun our defense yet.." said Olivia.
 
"Let's get out of here...Lert's exit through the side door." I said.


"We haven't even begun our defense yet." said Beverly.
"We've done enough damage during his prosecution....He hasn't convinced a single juror of our client's guilt."said Nelson.

"He's been having his hard times...Slapped by his second chair, who walked out and then a loud argument and fight with Lt. Tragg." said Josie.

"Dont'cha just love all this drama?" joked Bresha.


COURTROOM E-THE NEXT DAY!

The next morning we began our defense..


ADA Jason Prince was there...He had a Black eye and a swollen cheek....

He sat by himself.. Neither Lt. Tragg nor Casey O'Rourke was present. 

We began our defense... Our defense was simply that our client didn't commit this crime...He wasn't there, Olivia argued,.
Beverly testified that we were at the Rooftop Restaurant /Bar LUPOS that night and we saw him there.
She produced photos taken by the bars stop action camera of William Lehman there downing a bottle of Tequilla by himself.. The photos were time stamped.
Nelson produced Credit Card receipts that showed the exact time he was there and what he ordered
and the UBER receipt...This covered the time from 11:00 pm- 2:30 am. Nelson even had the Uber Driver testify who picked him up... "He was sloshed... I had to help him to his door." he said.

Josie produced a neighbor who saw him stumble into his apartment complex at 2:30 am...
She also produced the coroner's report that stated the estimated time of death was between
11:30 pm and midnight...meaning William Lehmann was miles away..

Finally Bresha showed he received a phone called from Mrs. Flabberghast who discovered her husband's body at around 2:45 am...She had been out drinking with friends... 


Laura Flabberghast testified that William was "Out of it..Too out of it to even continue the call." she said.

I smiled at William.

"I think they proved their case." I said.


"You did an excellent job....You know any other out of work cops who need an investigators job?" he laughed.


I laughed too!

Olivia rested her case.....


ADA Jason Prince looked exhausted....He had just been given a masterclass in lawyering...and feared he just may have lost his first case...He wasn't sure..



William Lehmann walked past him and smiled...

ADA Jason Prince didn't look so cocky and self confident now...He slumped down in his chair...


"Alright Jurors...This case goes to you...Discuss this only amongst yourselves...We'll see you here in the morning...10:00 Am." said Judge King..

IV-


COURTROOM E- 10:00 am  The Next Morning...


"ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE MICHAEL KING!
" said the Baillif..


"BE SEATED! Has the jury come to a decision?" he asked.


"Yes we have your honor!" said the Jury Foreman...

Jason Prince looked at the Jury Foreman...Who he had picked..hoping by some chance he had persuaded the other jurors to vote guilty....A Hail Mary of sorts....
The Jury Foreman passed the envelope to the Bailiff..


The Bailiff passed the envelope to Judge King.


He read the verdict and almost looked like he was laughing....He passed the envelope to the bailiff..

"Will The Defendent and his lawyers please stand." he said.


Talk about cocky ...You could argue that William Lehman was equally as cocky as Jason Prince...He stood up , smiling.. He was certain he had been acquitted. 

Olivia stood next to him smiling slightly...
 

I held one of her hands..
Beverly and Nelson held hands.
He told her the night before he had scanned the jury and he believed they had an acquittal. He had seldom if ever been wrong.

Josie was nervous..

So was Bresha....


"We the jury , representing the Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania find the defendant ,William Lehmann
NOT GUILTY of the charge of First Degree Murder." read the Bailiff. 


"I NEVER HAD A DOUBT IN MY MIND!" said a jubilant William Lehmann.


"Come here lover!" said Lauren Flabberghast...

They kissed passionately...
They no longer had to sneak around!


Olivia and Beverly leaped in the air and high fived as they usually did after a victory..

"WHOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE!" they squealed..


Jason Prince hung his head...He had lost his first case...His streak had ended at 29...

 He looked over at Olivia and her team...He had the utmost respect for them...They were great lawyers he concluded..Wayyyy out of his league.

"Come here my knight in shining armour." said Olivia.
 
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Oliviaaaa..." I moaned..


Olivia and I kissed passionately as we usually did at the end of a case..

Even more passionately in a corner....

So did Beverly and Nelson...
"Ouuuuuuuu I can't wait until we get home.."said Beverly..
"Me neither."said Beverly..
as they kissed slowly and softly 
and even more passionately....

Today was different, Josie and Bresha's husbands were here to see their victory...


"I'm so glad you guys made it down here.."said Josie..
Paris took her in his arms...

"I'm glad we made it too." he said.
"Give me a kiss baby!" he said.
And Josie gave him a passionate smooch....


"Ouuuuuuuuuu give me a kiss Tony."said Bresha..

"You don't have to ask again." he said ,taking her into his arms...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I can't wait to get home..." she said.

"Me neither." he said as their kissing got more passionate.

And for once...They got a kiss after the ending of a case....


"I think these folk need hotel rooms." whispered the Bailiff.


"INDEED!"
said the Judge.




EPILOUGE-


Newly Exonerated Attorney William Lehmann appeared on numerous talk shows on TV and Podcasts...
He wrote another book about this case  and shopped it to Hollywood where it was picked up and a Limited TV series was ordered on a streaming station...He was quite happy...


ADA Jason Prince wasn't happy at all...The two actors portraying him and Lt. Tragg played them both for laughs, making them both look like buffoons...For awhile, he was the laughing stock of the D.A.'s Office..


Just as Lt. Tragg was the laughing stock of the police department....

Both men are considering suing William Lehmann.



In Atlantic City , The FBI arrested 39 of Panama Brown's associates on RICO Charges (Drug Trafficking, Loan Sharking, Protection, Gambling, Wire Fraud, Money Laundering) Panama Brown himself was found shot to death near the Boardwalk..with a gun near him that was a Ballistics match to the gun that killed both Lenny Flabberghast and his partner, Tony Gleason. Thus the mystery of their murders was at last solved or somebody wanted law enforcement to think so.


We all celebrated our courtroom victory with a quiet dinner at Emily's Soul Food restaurant in Cherry Hill, New Jersey...

Fried Chicken with Greens and Candied Yams...
Hot Cornbread..
Fried Fish with Potato salad ,and Greens...


And Ice Tea to Wash it down....


For Dessert there was a Sweet Potato Pie... 

"I love this place and what a great place to celebrate.."said Olivia.
 
"Especially after winning a big case like that..."Did you see the limited series they made out of the case on NETFLIX?" I asked.

"I saw it...It was a bit convoluted and exagerated,,,,They really made Lt. Tragg and ADA Prince look like a couple of buffoons.. They could almost have a case for defamation..."laughed Olivia.


"They didn't use their real names or ours either. I did think the actors that portrayed them were a little over the top, but they were funny." I said.


''Ummmmmm this food is delish, isn't it baby?" said Beverly..
"Yes it is...Just like you..."said Nelson..

"Awwwwwwwwww!" said Beverly, smiling....


"This is sooo nice...Another night out with our very best friends.." said Josie.
"Can't beat it...Good Food, Good Fellowship..."said her husband, Paris.

"A nice respite after a big case.." said Bresha.
"Yeah, most definitely.....We should dine here more often."said Tony...

"I love this place."said Alfreda.

"I love it too!" said Rockland...


 "I'm glad that business with William Lehmann is over Livy.....I saw that mini series on Netflix..It was a hoot.. They made Lt. Tragg and that prosecutor, Jason Prince look like imbeciles...I thought I was watching the three stooges."laughed Yvette.

"Yeah ,I thought it was a bit over the top."laughed Olivia.

"You know Jason Prince is  a rising star in the D.A.'s office, all jokes aside.. He won 29 straight cases....You guys handed him his first and only loss...He is a bit cocky and arrogant..and he thinks of himself as a womanizer." said Gary.

"Him and Bruce Greene."laughed Keith Jones as he made his plate.
"Hah, Bruce Greene is no womanizer...I don't know how to describe him."said Bee Bee.
"Hey do you think Lt. Tragg and ADA Prince will sue William Lehmann for defemation?" asked Sofia as she began to eat her food..
"On what grounds? Their real names weren't used...I mean they could, but I don't think they'd have much of a case." said Kahlil.

"You're right they'd get laughed out of court...Just like I laughed my ass off after I watched it." said Virginia.


"I thought it was accurate..." said Jade..

"Stop! Poor Lieutenant Tragg is the laughing stock of the department...Of course this isn't the first time."laughed Danny Ho.


"You didn't laugh your ass off....It's still there and quite prominent..."said Jetty..





"Oh Hush up, you are sooooo nasty." said Virginia, laughing.
 
"This food is out of this world good!" said Jazzy.

"You think this place would give Mabel Jenkins a run for her money?" asked Dabnis...
"Yessss and I love Mabel's food, but this place is tops." said Kayla.


"I have to agree with my favorite cousin on that....This place is the best soul food in the region."said Beverly.

''Well if the Bennett Girls say that...Then I'm inclined to agree." said Ray.
"Ummm everything is delicious."said Jessica.
"You've become quite the connoisseur since you hooked up with me."laughed Chip. 
"Olivia and Vettie took me to Mabels while we were in Law school and I became a connoisseur." said Karen.
"I've always been a soul food connoisseur." said B.L.
''Did you get an interview with William Lehmann before he went off to L.A.?" asked Natalie.

"I got two...He taped one during the trial, which I didn't broadcast until after the trial and then he gave me an exclusive on my podcast.."said B.L.

"He has a law firm here in Philly you know." said David.
"Yeah he has about 5 or 6 attorneys who handle a lot of cases... He doesn't handle very many." said Brooke.
"He's busy flying to L.A. and doing Book deals and Movie and T.V. Deals....Must be nice, being him."said Sean.
"Must be...I wouldn't want him for an attorney or for him to be my client."said Zoey.
"Tell us how you really feel doll!" said her husband, Lem.
Renee cracked up laughing....
So did Tyrell as they ate their food.
"Poor Lt. Tragg, everybody's laughing at him.." said Lee.
"He has brought a lot of this on himself.."said Matthew ,helping himself to some Fried Fish and some cornbread..
"Ouuu Pass me some of that Cornbread.." said Nina...
"I'll take a slice of that pie babe.."said Carlos....


Sitting a Distance from us...Unnoticed by us and enjoying his meal was Attorney James Solitz..

His date for the night was Assistant District Attorney, Casey O'Rourke...Whom he had just met days ago at Curley's Bar...


He was satisfied...Everything had worked out as he planned... He smiled and they continued eating.


FOR SLC




No comments: