Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Comely Woman


Mike White sat in the backseat of my car...We were a distance from The Pennsylvania Correctional Institution for women at Muncy....We were here because of the legwork I did days before....I had used the services of my good friends,Lockpick Johnson and Peeping Tom. We had bugged the homes and phones of Ola's Brother, Sister and Aunt....I had spent days with them listening to phone calls and picking up cell phone calls and text messages... I found out when Ola was being released and who was picking her up. It turns out her brother, Bud Brown was picking her up.

The night before..I put a gps tracking device on his car. That made it easy for me to follow him to the prison. I took my wife, Sepia with me and called Mike White ,who also rode with us. Sepia had went to get us coffee.

"Thanks for calling me Kevin.....Nice ride you got here....A BMW....What year is it?" asked Mike White.

"This is a 2009" I said.

"Wow, you do pretty good in this Private Investigator hustle you got going...Nice car, your wife is a stone cold fox if you don't mind me saying so...you aint doin bad at all." laughed Mike White.

"Thanks man." I said. Sepia returned to the car with the tumblers of coffees.

"Thank you kindly Mrs. Morris." said Mike White.

We drank coffee and talked some. In about thirty minutes , we heard a horn blow and saw an electronic gate open...Walking outside in a drab gray prison jumpsuit was a petite but comely woman..... Ola Lacey walked with the dignity of a runway model...She had on makeup and lipstick and even in that drab gray
prison jumpsuit...she still had quite a figure on her...That suit just could not deny those curves, that rack... 17 years hadn't taken anything away from her!

"There goes your girl." I said to Mike as he eyed her walking over to her brother,
A handsome young man who resembled singer Brandy's brother..Ray J. We were too far away to hear their conversation...but we saw them embrace and saw them get in the car and pull off.

We followed them from a distance to Philadelphia. He drove her to the Aunt's House. The Aunt and her sister embraced her and she went inside. I turned and looked at Mike White.

"Okay...that's where she is laying her head." I said.

"For now...I'm tellin you..she's gonna make a bee line for that money." he said.

"Okay...I'll keep tabs on her...You want me to drop you off at your hotel?" I asked.

"Yeah...And thanks Kevin...You do good work...Here's half of what I owe you.." he said. He gave me an envelope with lots of hundreds in it...lots...Not the kind of money a mere claims adjuster would have on him....There was more to Mike White than what met the eye....Just like Chess ,Chris and Donald Smooth had said.

We dropped him off and then we headed home. Sepia looked at me and then smiled.

"Kevin...You sure he's just a claims adjuster?" she asked.

"No...He works as that..but it's just a front...He's into something else..I'm almost certain of it.." I said.

"What do you think it is?" she asked.

"He used to move X a long time ago...I think he may be back in the business...If he gets his hands on this money, perhaps he can retire from that life." I said.

"We all got something we do extra....By day, you're a writer and editor of a magazine...but you're actually a private detective." said Sepia.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right babe.." I said.

My Blackberry went off just then....It was Peeping Tom.

"Kevin!" he said.

"What's Up Tom?" I said.

"Your girl just called Noble Clayton...They are supposed to meet at his house tomorrow." he said.

"Wow...She just got home and called him right away huh?" I said.

"Yeah man.." he said.

"Thanks a lot Tom."

"Okay my friend." he said and hung up.

Noble Clayton worked for Mike and Lance's company.....Then this same Noble Clayton goes into the drug business with Mike White...Lance dies, Ola goes to jail, the company goes belly up and Mike goes to jail...Noble Clayton comes out of the entire thing smelling like a rose....This guy needed some looking into...Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

(To Be Continued...)

1 comment:

Terri Newsome said...

You have me on a hook. I can't wait until the next part!