Thursday, April 29, 2010

Always Call First


My Other Ex-Wife Corrine actually drove me to the airport.....I had told her,just like I had told My first wife, Sissy about Brooke and how much in love I was and how I might be getting married and looking to move to San-Francisco...She wished me well and like Sissy, seemed genuinely happy for me. I had been married to two wonderful women..I hoped with the third wife, she would be just as wonderful and this time...this time...I would not mess it up. My days of chasing skirts was over. I guess I should have told Bonita....She would find out soon enough...Word travels fast in Philly and in Josie's Bar...even faster!

My plane took off a little after 8:00am (I wanted the earliest flight available...I couldn't wait to see the look on Brooke's face when I got there..)
Sitting Next to me was a very attractive and shapely Black woman....She had honey brown skin that was flawless and was dressed in some very tight jeans and what we called stripper heels and a nice white blouse. If I was still the old Robert, She's the type I would have definitely put the moves on...But not today,
I was in love mode.

"Hey" she said as I sat down.

"Hey yourself." I said with a smile.

"I know you...Aren't you Robert something or other...the attorney?" she asked.

"Yes, I am...We've met before?" I asked.

"Well kind of...You represented my girlfriend...Alice Pinkston." she said.

"Oh Yeah....Alice...Yes I did..." I said.

"That aint all yall did..She told me about the two of yall in the afternoons and how yall broke the legs off of the bed one time...ummmm, hmmmmm, you is a
mess..." she laughed.

I blushed.."Uh How is Alice? I haven't seen her in awhile." I said.

"She got married....Moved to Atlanta...Got a good job...and her man has a good job...I hear she's pregnant too." she said.

"Ohhh good for her....I'm on my way to San-Francisco to surprise my honey....
I'm gonna make that marriage move too." I said, showing her the rock I got from Tiffany's.

Her eyes got wide when she saw it....

"WOW! She's a lucky girl ,or she's gonna be...." she said.

"I'm a lucky man..." I said.

"I'm going there to surprise my honey too." she said.

"Oh yeah..Well he's a lucky guy." I said.

"Welllll uhhh, she's a lucky girl...it's uh...kinda different for me." she said.

"Heyy it's kool...it's 2010....Whatever floats your boat. Anybody, male or female is lucky to have someone as fine as you." I said.

"Awww thank you...Alice said you were sweet...I'm sorry...I'm talkin to you and haven't even told you my name...It's Georgia...Georgia Brown." she said.

"Pleased to meet you Georgia." I said.

"I met my honey while we were in jail together....We had a moment and I think it meant something to her as much as it did to me....She was in Philly last week,but I didn't get to talk to her." said Georgia.

"Wow...I hope it works out for you." I said.

Three hours later,I was in San Francisco and walking around downtown....I entered a Flower shop and began walking around looking at different combonations.

"Tulips are always nice this time of year....I'm just saying....People always send roses...I try to change things up a bit..." came the voice behind me. To my surprise it was a tall muscular Black brother with huge hands...He held his hand out to shake mine.

"Hi...I'm Warren Alston....I play Bass....." he said.

"Hi, I'm Robert Foxworth...I'm an Attorney." I said.

"You're not from out here are you?" he said with a smile.

"Nah...I'm from Philly....but I'm thinkin of moving out here." I said.

"Yeah? My girl is from Philly....She came out here and was hooked....She thinkin about buyin a house here now." he said.

"Yeah...the West Coast is where it's at." I laughed....

I bought a Tulip display.....Warren ordered one too and the two of us then went to a nice restaraunt in Chinatown and had some good chinese food and a couple of beers....He seemed to be a cool dude.

"I was in Philly a few months ago with my girl....Then I got a gig out here and brought her out here......She went back a few weeks ago....You know a guy named Reed Nelson?" he asked.

"Yeah...I know him well...He's partially responsible for me meeting my girl." I said.

"Reed is a good dude...He stays at my place when he's in town.....Hey you need a
place to crash?" asked Warren.

"Oh I'm in a hotel...." I said.

"Well, My band is playing at this club tonight...Here is the address..If you get a
free moment, come on down and bring your girl." he said.

"Thanks man...I'll do that...If I aint pre-occupied...you know what I'm sayin?"
I laughed...

"Oh! I hear that." he said with a laugh.

I went to my room, Showered and shaved and then rented a car. I got directions
to Brooke's place from a friendly guy on the front desk and then got in my car
and drove off...Brooke was going to be so surprised, I thought! She sure was!

It was around 3:00 pm in the afternoon...My adrenaline was running so high that I didn't even have a hint of jet lag. I drove up and parked and then walked
up the steps of her apartment complex....The door was slightly ajar...I could hear Brooke's sweet voice.

"Ohhhh Thank you for the flowers baby.....You got tulips...You know what I like." she said..

"Yeah Baby...I study you like algebra." came a voice...a familiar voice..

"Close the door baby...." she said.

"I aint worried about nobody watching this." came the voice.
"ummmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuu baby your hands feel so good."moaned Brooke
"I got somethin else that feels good too baby and it's all for you." came the male voice.
"Ouuuuuuu,let me pull it out and feel that thing.....ouuuuuuu..." cooed Brooke.

To My horror, I watched a pair of huge hands lift up her skirt and ease her panties down around her ankles.......She moaned ......She unzippered his pants...
He leaned over and began kissing her passionately....I couldn't believe what I was seeing.. More so, I couldn't believe who I was seeing...

"HEYYYYYY, Warren...What the hell?" I screamed as I shoved the door open.

It was Warren ,the Bass player I met in the flower shop!!!!

"ROBERT???? What are you doing here?" screamed Brooke as she pulled her panties back up.....

"I came here to surprise you." I said.

"THIS is the girl you were talking about brother?Oh My God...If this don't beat all ,I shoulda figured it out when you said you was from Philly...I thought she went out there to see some guy...Hmmmph, a gig with Reed Nelson." said Warren.

" I did have a gig with Reed baby...Robert, you should have called first!" said Brooke.

"Yeah ,I see. What's this Baby mess? What's he doin feelin on your butt?" I said..
"Look,I can explain....I told you I had some things to work out...before I made a decision...Robert ,you shoulda gave me time..." she said.
"Things to work out? I was a thing to work out?? WHAT???" screamed Warren.

Just then ,I heard another voice... A female voice!!!

"Oh My God Brooke, what is this? You in here with two dudes, got your drawers down...What's goin on, is this an orgie or something?? Oh My God..I didn't count on this...You wild girl!" It was Georgia Brown, the pretty young woman I met on the plane.

"Georgia??? What are you doing out here?" said Brooke...

"I wanted to surprise you.....We had a moment, you know back in prison and I thought that meant something.. but I didn't know that you roll like this..You're a little too alternative for me...I'm a respectable girl." she said.

"Prison?? You been in Prison?? What else you aint told me? Lawd Have mercy." asked Warren.

"Georgia..that was one night...one night when I was alone and vulnerable....I'm
not into women like that..that was one night honey...I still love men...You should have called first." said Brooke.

"Ohhhh lawdddd!" screamed Warren, who began fixing his pants.

Georgia eyed Warren and then smiled...

"Wow...If I was still into men, I'd definitely be into you...Whoa...You got quite an impressive package Mister.." she said.

" Thank you very much , Lesbians, Prison, Lawyers...Oh my god...too much for me...I'm out.I don't get down like this, You Philly people are wild..I'm a respectable man" said Warren.

"Robert...You should have called first....I told you I hadn't made up my mind yet." said Brooke.

"Yeah..Well I've made up my mind .I might be a lot of things, but I'm a respectable whatever I am..I don't roll like this." I said...as I dropped the flowers on the floor and walked out.
"Robert wait..Let me explain.....waitttt, please baby...." said Brooke as she attempted to run after me.

That night I stood on the Golden Gate Bridge....There was a white man with white hair standing on the bridge smoking a cigarette... I did a double take...
It was Tony Bennett! ,The singer.

"Heyyyy Tony Bennett.....Oh man, my dad was a big fan..Used to play you and Sinatra around the house all the time...If he was alive now and could see me and you on the Golden Gate Bridge....ohhh wow." I said.

"It's nice out here...Good breeze, A man can think, clear his head." said Tony.

"Yeah..That's what I was doing..." I said.

"Who was she? Someone Special?" asked Tony Bennett.

"Yeah...I came out here all the way from Philadelphia to surprise her." I said.

"And you got surprised, right?" he said.

"Yeah...You got it." I said.

"That's life kid.....That's what the people say...Riding high in April..Shot down in May..." he said.

"Yeah...you got it..."I said ,laughing....

"Pick yourself up kid...get back in the race.....Shit happens......Have a nice night." He said as he patted me on the back and began walking back toward the city and into the night...

I smiled....After a couple of hours....I walked back to the edge of the bridge, got in my rental car and drove back to my hotel....It was daybreak!

(Conclusion Next)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn Brooke was getting it from everywhere. I'm interested to see how this all ends.

Brenda said...

ROTFLMAO-This was the funniest story I've read in ages....damnnnn!

Sean said...

ROTFLMAO- Keith, you are insane!LOL!

Angie B. said...

Tooo Damn funny !

Toni said...

I laughed so hard early this morning,I know my neighbors were wondering what was going on.

Sunflower said...

Keith.....Keith....Keith....That imagination of yours is off the chain...Tony Bennett? Tony Bennett giving Robert advice just floored me!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Man, I am speechless...I laughed so hard ,I am hoarse...Great job!

Vanessa said...

You aint got no sense man....None at all! ROTFLMBAO!

Halo said...

Hillarious!

Lisa said...

You stooopid! LOL!

James Perkins said...

My Mother Always told me,Never just pop up on a woman,always call first.
Here is why!

Simon Bastion said...

Incredibly Funny, Incredibly well written!

Swaggie said...

You was high man, when you thought this up..come on admit it!

Jazzy said...

crazy story fam!

Tate2 said...

ROTFLMAO! Hella funny story...Oh my God!

Captain Jack said...

You done just lost your natural mind...This was hella funny Keith!

Cheryl said...

ROTFLMBAO....and still laughing...The tears were rolling down my face as I read this Keith!

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and tossing my panties at the rafters!

Anonymous II said...

Hell of a funny story Keithmeister!
I'm sure some drawers will be flying!

Anonymous II said...

oops, spoke too soon...They already are!lol!

Blu Jewel said...

That was too funny Keith!!! I could see this playing out as I read it.

SLC said...

This was good. So good, Ima pray for you. Soon as girl said prison and sasquatch said gig I knew it was going to get crazy. After the conclusion you should do a poem.

You should have called first