Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heavy Duty


For the next few days, I intensified my surveillance of Jamaica Jim and his crew. Sean and I would rent a different car each day and follow Jim and his goons from place to place...Snapping photos of his every move...In the afternoon...Clerow and Cock Robbins would be following them in yet another car doing the same thing. I even got Big Nasty and Gus's two guys, Eddie and Albert to follow them around in different cars...All in all, they were oblivious to everything. Our big stakeout of Jamaica Jim was garnering us nothing we could use.

Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson had his home, his clubhouse and some woman's house wired for sound and video and that was bringing us nothing but meaningless conversations about anything and nothing... We got a little talk about placing bets on sporting events and horses and even some fights...but nothing that would get him more than a light fine....and then one day...We heard something coming from a cell phone that peaked our interest..

"Hey Boss... Those two guys that uh did that thing for us, you know.....the Sailor Mike job?? They got themselves knocked a few days ago."

"What? Arrested?? How could they??...I told them to keep a low profile.."

"Yeah, well it's pretty bad....Cops got Fahim on two murder charges.....Sailor Mike and some store owner in Port Richmond that he robbed and killed last month...they got his gun with his prints on it.....It matched ballistics.....My guy down at the Police station told me....He's done...
and that other kid, "Egghead"...He's runnin his mouth off a bit...He's goin crazy in stir."

"Ahhhhhhh, I don't believe it.....Okay listen....I gotta meetin with the fat man today.......Pull that kid Egghead out of there.....Bail him out......and call in "Ghost"...Have "Ghost" quiet him.....
For good!"

"Okay Boss..."

"I used Ghost to "quiet" my wife in 1995 ,when she threatened to turn in State's Evidence against me...He'll make that kid disapear..He's heavy duty and efficient...that's what I need....I should of got him to take out Sailor Mike instead of those two damned idiots...but , it's the economy...they came cheap....but you get what you pay for..."

''Aint it the truth? Okay boss...I'm on it."

Sean Jackson, Clerow, Eddie, Albert,Big Nasty, Lockpick Johnson and Peeping Tom Constanoble
all looked at me.....I smiled the broadest smile I'd ever had in days.....

"We got him my friend...Not only do we have him ordering a murder..We got him admitting to having Sailor Mike killed and confessing to a murder we didn't even know about...It's time to reel
this fish in." said Peeping Tom as we all high fived and cheered....We broke out bottles of wine and some wine glasses and toasted.

A few hours later, Sean, Clerow and I followed Jamaica Jim and one of his thugs to Penns Landing , where he met with the fat man ,I'd seen in the photos taken a few days earlier. This was Frank "Big Daddy" White. He was impeccably dressed in an Italian designer suit with aviator shades and shoes so shiny, you could see your reflection in them...He was light skinned
and with a chubby face that made him resemble a black Oliver Hardy, more than a gangster.

I could tell he was the boss ,just by the way Jamaica Jim and the guy who was with him cowered
and defered to him...He didn't seem pleased...Since neither of them knew us..It was easy for us
to blend in the crowd and take seats near them at the outdoor cafe.

"There is still the problem of my money Jamaica Jim.....I lost a pile on a fight you assured me was a sure thing....My associates in New York bet big and lost big on this fight." said Frank White.

"Frank..Frank...We hit the boxer who wouldn't take the dive...he's gone." said Jamaica Jim.

"I don't give a damn about him...He's not my problem....I want my money....I had to pay New York and Atlantic City...and you're gonna pay me....I want a 70% cut out of all you bring in
until I'm re-imbursed." he said.

"Seventy percent?? Frank!!..I got people I gotta pay." said Jamaica Jim..

"That's YOUR problem...."said Frank White. He then got up and turned his back on Jim and walked away.

"
Sounds like our boys aint cool with each other." said Clerow....

"I'll say." added Sean.

"Come on guys..Let's head back over to Peeping Tom's house...See if he's heard anything else."
I said.

When the three of us got there, Lockpick Johnson was jumping around like a kid on the night before Christmas..

"Kev, Clerow, Sean...yall gotta hear this....Tom play it for them." He said.

"Kevin ,my friend....There is some deep going's on...listen." said Tom.

"What's up Boss?"

"Listen....Tell Ghost to clip Egghead tomorrow and after he's finished..I want him to hit Frank
"Big Daddy" White."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Who pays your salary huh? I want White hit....got it?"

"Okay boss..I'm on it."

"Good."


I couldn't believe what I had just heard.....Then Lockpick Johnson smiled again....

"Wait Kevin...you aint heard nothin yet....check this out..." he said.

"Hello."

"Is this Frank White?"

"Yeah, who wants to know?"

"I just thought I'd tell ya.....Jamaica Jim just put a contract out on you....He wants Ghost to take out one of the shooters tomorrow and then hit you."

"What? The balls on this jamolk...Okay, listen here....Get word to Ghost that after he does the
kid...to do the guy that bails him out....then tell him...I'll pay him double whatever Jamaica Jim
is offering him to do me to do Jim."

"Okay.....I'm on it."

"Good lookin out kid..."

"Thanks Mister White.."

Click!

"Hello?"

"Melvin...This is Frank White....."

"Hey Frankie...what's up?"

"Call in the Atlantic City boys....I want em to take out our friends in South Philly..All of em,
includin Ghost.....I'll replace them with some folks who know what they're doin... That's why I don't like it here in Philly, these guys are treacherous...you can't trust none of em...a bunch a
cowboys."

"I'm on it Frank. You know...I'm from Camden myself...I just grew up here."he said.

"The nerve of that Jamaica Jim....Gonna put a contract on ME...Big Daddy!!! I'll show him...
Sheeeeeeeeeeeet! "

Click!


"Can you believe these guys? Can you believe how careless they are?" said Peeping Tom, the ex CIA operative...He would have never talked like this on the phone... Of course..he was a spy..These were gangsters who had no reason to think that they were being spied on!!! We all laughed and called it a night.

I had enough to put Frank "Big Daddy" White and Jamaica Jim behind bars for a long time...but the only wild card was this hitman named "Ghost" I had no idea who he was or what he looked like....but I knew someone who probably did.....I had to find him and bring this show to a close.

(Conclusion Next)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah they aren't too bright, revealing all that info over the phone. They deserve what they get.