Friday, April 1, 2011

Bad Credits



The Shoes matched the bloody footprints in the hallway. They also had Bobby's Brain matter , Blood and DNA all over them... The Police picked Thelma up.. She didn't know anything about any murder...but she was able to enlighten us about just what had happened.

"Bobby was tellin everybody who would listen that he was about to come into some big money..About 200 g's because he had gotten hurt on the job and the union appointed lawyer he got had proven that it was the factory's fault...Ray has been out of work for close to a month and then I lost my job a few weeks ago..

"
"Anyway Ray started making sandwiches and taking them to him and he talked me into vacuuming the place. Soon I was cooking Bobby dinners and Ray and I were driving him to the Sixers games and to the market and everywhere... "

"Bobby got that check and guess what? After all we done for him...He refused to break us off a cent...Can you believe that?? I just left...but Ray...Ray just couldn't let it go...He kept arguing with him....I left and came on upstairs...Ray came up a little while later barefooted(which I thought was odd) and tossed his shoes into the corner...I didn't even notice them...We spent the rest of the afternoon and the night making love." she told us.

The police had the pipe with the bloody palm print and fingerprint smudge that I'm sure matched Ray. They had his bloody shoes that had Bobby's blood and DNA all over them.. That was enough for a warrant to be sworn out for his arrest.

II-

Kool Kat and Clerow stood outside of the row house...Lockpick Johnson was in the back of the house with me working on the locks ...I had my .38 smokeless cocked and ready...Sepia rang the doorbell..

A shapely attractive woman came to the door...She was chewing gum....

"Hello....Who are you?" She asked.

"Oh I'm here for my man....Ray." said Sepia. "What? Ray is my man..." she said.

"No he aint...If he was your man....hahahahaha....he wasn't last night.." laughed Sepia.

"RAYYYYY! Why you cheatin lyin bastard....first you cheat on my sister, then you cheat on ME??OUUUUUUU..." she screamed.

"Baby...what are you talkin about??...I don't know her!!! Heyyy wait a minute...Haven't I've seen you before..." he said....just before he felt cold steel on the back of his neck...

"It's all over Ray." I said. Kool Kat and Clerow walked in...Guns drawn...Lockpick Johnson stood behind me laughing.....

"Yeah...I figured it was...Minute I saw your wife at the door." said Ray.

"Ray what's goin on? Who are these people?" asked the woman.

"Nobody you need to know about." shrugged Ray.


Epilouge-

Ray Thornton was convicted of second degree murder and sentenced to 25 years in prison...Thelma divorced him soon after he went off to prison to begin serving his term....She and her sister still haven't reconciled. I sat in Josies with Sepia, Robert Foxworth, Bonita, Sean Jackson, Sheila, Kool Kat, Chelsea, Clerow, Corrie and Skillet....

"Kevin..I sho wanna thank you for gettin me outta that jam and catchin the real killah." he said as our drinks were delivered to our table...

''Don't mention it Skillet ...but you really should thank Gus...He was the one who got Robert and me involved." I said.

"Gus said that all of your drinks are free tonight" said the waiter...

"Oh wow thanks " we all said in Unison as Gus smiled at us ....

"Gee that was swell of Gus." said Robert Foxworth...

"Uhhh, that is everyone but you sir....Gus said that your bar tab is expunged..but that you have to pay for whatever drinks you have tonight." said the waiter..

''What??" said Robert Foxworth....

I looked at Gus...He looked at Robert Foxworth and laughed, then turned away... Robert grimaced and looked at me... "Kev...are there any loose pipes around here?" he asked...

Skillet and I looked at each other and laughed our heads off!

3 comments:

Toni said...

That was funny!

Angie B. said...

A nice little murder mystery Keith!

Sunflower said...

You know what...I loved this story..
Nobody (except of course the murder
victim) got killed... Kevin solved it
the old fashioned way...deductive reasoning and there was a little humor...Great job, Great storytelling!