Thursday, April 7, 2011

You'll Never Find The Rest Of him!

Assistant District Attorney Keith Wallace and Homicide Lt. Sissy Van Buren took a team of detectives and plain clothes policeman and a digging team to the spot out by the Airport where I instructed them. I didn't tell them that Tony Dio had given me the information.

What they found was horrifying.....It was the torso of a young African-American male...aged around 23...The head was missing as well as the hands and feet...Also missing was the penis!!!! Veteren Homicide Detectives were horrified by what they had witnessed as was I.

"Kevin....Who gave you this information?" asked Sissy Van Buren.

"A source who wishes to remain anonymous....I can tell you this...My source isn't the killer." I said.

''And you know this how?" Asked Keith Wallace. It was a reasonable question. Fact is, I didn't know if Tony Dio was telling the truth or if he was feeding me a bill of goods. I was just going on a hunch. This was something cops had gone on for years. I wasn't a cop, I am a moonlighting private investigator! I like the way that sounds.

"Thing is, I don't know sir, but my informant says that he came upon the body after the murder and was ordered by the murderer to dispose of it." I said.

"Did your informant tell you who committed this murder?" asked Sissy Van Buren.

"He sure did...The man we been trying to make a case on for two months now. Frank "Monster" Watkins." I said.

"WHAT????" they both said in unison."

"I know...I know...I'm meeting with him again this afternoon to get the details...My source says he can give me the place the murder was committed and another witness to the murder....If what my source says checks out...We can put Monster away on a murder charge." I said.

''A Murder charge?" scoffed Keith Wallace.

"Look...We been working the drug angle for months and we got nothing...He doesn't talk on the phone, he doesn't text...and we haven't so much as caught him associating with any of the main players in the drug ring...You've arrested and convicted close to 70 people and not one of those people will mention his name. That's how afraid of this guy they are...They'd rather do time than put him in..You'll never get him for drugs...but if you trust me..I'll make this murder charge stick and then you got him." I said.

"We already got his number two on ice...Dice. He tried to kill you...If we can flip him, we got him for conspiracy to commit murder." said Keith Wallace.

Sissy Van Buren looked at the young barrister.

"Never Happen...Dice is a soldier, he'll never give "Monster" Watkins up...He'll take the rap like all the others before he does that...I think we ought to give Kevin some string." said Sissy Van Buren.

"Okay...I trust your judgement Sissy and the fine work Kevin has helped us with in the past...but Kevin...play it fast and close to the vest...I want some results on this." said Keith Wallace.

"Okay...and I need you guys to keep this out of the paper for a few days." I said.

"We'll do what we can." said Sissy Van Buren.

II-

We were keeping Tony Dio in Fathead Newton's safehouse. Roscoe, Fathead's chief enforcer and Ralph Mole, his number two were allowing me to keep Dio there as a favor to me. Both of them knew Tony Dio and neither of them liked him.

"I feel like calling Monster and letting him take that punk out Kev...but because it's you askin..I won't." scoffed Roscoe.

Kool Kat, Clerow and I took some Steak sandwiches ,French Fries and a couple of cokes out to Dio at the safehouse a few hours later...

"Okay Tony....We found the body, just where you said it would be." I said.

"Yup, that's him ,his name was Brad Rivers...He was just twenty three..just a kid..He wasn't a player...Just a guy who was a bit too flirty with Monster's girl..He had no idea what he was gettin himself into." said Tony Dio.

"Yeah, well a few of his uh parts were missing...his head, his hands ,his feet and uh ..."

"Yeah, I know...his johnson....Monster is sick...and what he did to that kid made me sick on my stomach....Listen..I aint no saint....I sell drugs...I've done heists, boosted stuff...but I aint no killer...I aint never killed nobody...I got no problems if a guy aint kickin back or if he's stealin from us...or what have you ,seein that guy get whacked....but killin a young kid that aint in the game just because he porked your girl?? That aint part of the game...That aint the way it's played...That's personal..That aint business....That aint cool." said Tony Dio.

"Spare us the noble crap." scoffed Kool Kat, who definitely was not buying Tony Dio's sudden moral outrage.

"Look Kool Kat, you been around...you used to be in the game..You know the unwritten rules...No civilians....No personal crap...If a guy gets got..it's behind business and business only...not over no woman and not some cat that aint even in the game...you know that!" said Tony Dio.

Kool Kat nodded...He did know that and he agreed with Tony Dio.

"Man, these new jacks have no code, no honor now of days." he scoffed.

"Exactly!" said Tony Dio.

"Okay man, but I need more...Where is the rest of him?" I asked.

"Man, that's all there is...you'll never find the rest of him...." said Tony Dio.

"What exactly happened?" I asked.

"Kevin...I'll wait til you guys finish eating...because what I'm about to tell you will turn your stomach." said Tony Dio.


(Definitely To Be Continued....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn it Keith!! I wanna know what happened to him NOW!!!! *stomping my feet like a toddler* LOL

I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this one.