Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Like Musicians Do



Magic Sam Copeland really turned out to be a godsend...He played Keyboards on my remaining tracks and Guitar....and quite well I must add...I was growing to like this kid more and more...It had been a few days since I'd seen Debbie and been ceremoniously tossed out after a night of lovemaking...She hadn't done that since we first got together..Guess she was mad...I promised myself that I would make it up to her.

He also played a little Bass and Drums and percussion as well....Bone Hampton smiled broadly....just checking this guy out in the studio.

"Hey kid...is there any instrument that you can't play?"I asked as Meek Rollins looked on..

"Well...I can't play the trumpet." he said.  Me, Bone and Meek laughed our heads off...

"Well thank God for that..I guess I'd be out of a job.." I said... "Can't thank you enough kid....you really saved this session...I'll certainly be calling on your services again...And I'm gonna reccomend you to downtown Rob Brown, Symphony Sam and a few of my other friends." I said.

"I already did some session work for Ingrid Rhodes and Brooke Taylor." he said.

Bone Hampton winked and looked at me and Meek Rollins...We both smiled...

II-

Just then, Meek's neice, who I found out was named Corrine came in...She had hot steaming tumblers of coffee for all of us...All of us, but Sam!


She didn't know he was here..But he didn't care...Once he layed eyes on her, All was forgiven...I can't say that I blame him...

''Oh I'm sorry...I didn't know you were here when I went out to get coffees." she said.

Sam was all smiles...

''Oh that's okay darlin..I didn't know someone as beautiful as you would be deliverin them....Myyyy lord..." he said...Not even trying to hide the fact that his tongue was  practically hanging out of his mouth...

"My name is Sam...Sam Copeland...My friends call me "Magic"  He said...

"Oh? Magic huh?" she said with a laugh.

"And what is your name?" he asked.
She appeared to be taken with him too..She smiled and batted her eyes the way young girls do...

"Hi...I'm Corrine...Corrine Rollins...." she said.

''Your friends call you an angel don't they?" He said, still smiling...

She blushed!

"Ouuu you really know how to turn on the charm when you want to, don't you?" she laughed.

"Well what can I say...It's not everyday that I run across someone as fine as you...I sure hope you don't have a man...because I'm gone tell you right now...I would be heart broken if you did." he said.

She just cracked up....

"No...I date off and on..but I'm not serious about anybody." she said.

"I'd like to get serious about you." he said.

"Stop it..." she said ...laughing..

"I'm serious." he said, showing his pearly whites..

''You don't even know me." she said.

"Well I'd like to get to know you." he said.

This kid was layin the sauce on rather thick! I thought to myself.

Meek Rollins hit the ceiling....

''Heyyyyy...Heyyyyyy...hold up ace..That's my neice.." he said.

"Excuse me?" said an understandably confused Sam.. "I was just talking to her." he continued.

"Well aint you got to pack up some of this equipment?" he asked.

"Uncle Meek, chill..We just talkin." said Corrine.

"Aint you got a job to go to?" he said.

"Tomorrow..Stop treating me like I'm a teenager..I'm grown...I'm twenty three." she reminded him...

I grabbed his arm...

"Meek...Meek...What's wrong with you man?" I said.

"Sam over there tryin to hit on my neice." he said.

"So what?" I said.

"Next thing you know...he gon have her draws off and be tryin to pour liquor down her throat." he snapped.

"She don't seem like she minds at all....I've heard you say and do far worse to women." I said.

"Yeah, but that's my neice."he said.

"She's a grown woman and from what I've seen she has handled herself quite well..Finished college, got a job, got her own place..." I said.

"How you know all that?" he asked.

"I was talking to her this morning when she came in." I said.

"Oh you was talking to her huh?" said Meek..

"Relax Meek...Just casual conversation...waitin for you and your beat up car to get here." I said.

"Reed..We are musicians...You know how we do...on the road..with women...I don't want Corrine to get messed up over no musician...Waitin up alone for weeks while he's on the road or in the studio...Worrying and limiting herself at home while he in some town all up in some woman..You know how musicians do." said Meek.

"You're crazy man and you know what..you're a hypocrite....Okay for you and me to do that to some other woman, someone else's neice or daughter, but not good for YOUR neice...You need to dig yourself man." I said.

"Okay Reed...Okay...but you know what I'm sayin is true." he said.

It made me think about Debbie....I can't lie. I thought about how she looked the last time I saw her...  I had to call her!

To my surprise...Deb answered on the second ring....

"Heyy Reed, this is rather early for you....Isn't it?" she joked.

"Deb...don't be like that....I'd like you to stop by my place this weekend...I have a surprise for you...and some things I'd like to tell you." I said.

"Okay...but I thought you were coming by here." she said.

"No..I'd rather you come by my place." I said.

"What ,so you can throw me out after sex and get me back?" she joked.

"Oh you got jokes....No..I'm not like you...I just want to talk." I said.

"Just talk huh? That doesn't sound like you." she smirked...

"You comin or what?" I asked..

"Yeah..Should I bring an overnight bag?" she asked.

"Of course.." I said.

"Any new lingerie?" she asked.

"That's up to you." I said.

"Hmmmm, this sounds deep..Okay...." she said.

"Good...I'll see you around eight." I said.

"Okay." she said.

Meek Rollins had heard the entire conversation...he walked up to me...

''Everything alright ace?" He asked.

"Yeah...Something you said got me to thinkin..." I said.

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah...thinkin bout changin some things in my life." I said.


(To Be Continued...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Musicians are some hound dogs!