Monday, May 7, 2012

The Sideman


My name is Reed Nelson....I play trumpet.  My regular Keyboard player, Kerry "88" Moore only plays for me part time now.. He teaches music at the local high school now and only sits in with me sometimes..He's getting ready to get married in a few weeks...He's had less and less time to even sit in.  He hasn't been on the road with the band in about six months...When a musician falls in love and gets hooked on a woman..this is what happens...

He's got a good woman...Mabel Jenkins... One of the sexiest women around....And she cooks too...Owns two restaurants in the area..Got three sexy sisters that help her run the restaurants too...The band eats at her joints often....I kind of envy him...He's found happiness!

His happiness is causing me a little trouble...My longtime girlfriend, Debbie has been hinting that I'm on the road a little too much and that she'd like something a little more permanent in our relationship.Changing the subject isn't working much anymore..

My days lately have been spent in Bone Hampton's studio , working on a new CD..."The Sensuous Survivor.."  "88" has sat in on a few tracks...but it's hard to catch up with him now of days... Singer Ingrid Rhodes has sang on four cuts, but now she's on the road.. Then my regular Guitarist, Freddie "Catfish" Collins got arrested!... Yeah...He's in Debtors Jail....He owed too many parking tickets...The cops actually pinched him when he was coming out of the studio the other night.


Sexy Guitarist, Brooke Taylor was in town and playing Josie's for a few nights...so my Producer, Meek Rollins got her to sit in with us on a few cuts....Then she had to leave town for another gig...My album was only halfway finished...

Bone Hampton to the rescue....The Trombonist-producer introduced me to a talented young man named Sam Copeland one afternoon..

''Reed...This is Sam Copeland....He may be just what you need."said Bone Hampton to me and Meek Rollins...We were busy tearing up some barbecued hot wings and french fries and drinking some cold beers...It had been a long day in the studio..

"Pleased to meet you." I said.

"What's up man?" said Meek, who continued eating...

"My friends call me "Magic"...Magic Sam Copeland" he said.  He was tall, about six foot four, brown skinned and about 25 years old...He had that cockiness that young men often have....Neither Meek ,nor I was the least bit impressed.

"He plays the Guitar Reed." said Bone..."He could fill in for Catfish until he makes bail." he said.

"Let me hear you play," I said.

He plugged his Guitar in....

He began playing and Meek and I stopped what we were doing and took notice!! This kid played like someone a half a century older....I mean he was good...better than good...great...He played that Guitar as though it was a piano....Playing different songs  and not missing a note or a beat....I thought of giving this guy a permanent job in the band!!

'Wow!  He's good man....." said Meek.

"Kid...You're hired....but Bone...I need a Keyboardist man....I'm missing that too." I said.

"They don't call me Magic Sam for nothin." he said.. He went over to the Piano and began playing that with equal aplomb...He played beautifully....Meek, Bone and I were bobbing our heads as he played......

"Damnnn... I see why they call you Magic Sam son.." I laughed.....

"You can use him to finish off the rest of the sessions." said Bone...

"Good lookin out Bone." said Meek.

We all shook hands.....

''See you here tomorrow kid...5:30 sharp..." I said.

"Thanks a lot Mr. Nelson." he said.

I tapped Meek Rollins on the shoulder....

''Look at that...kid's a gentleman." I said.

II-






As we left the studio and headed for my car ,Meek said to me..

"Hey Reed could you do me a favor man?"


''Meek, I'll be glad when your car gets out of the shop...What man? Where you need me to take you?" I asked.

"Man it's my niece...My sister's kid....She's at the bus station." he said.

''What?" I asked.

"Yeah man...She comin back from Baltimore and I said I'd pick her up..She called me while I was in the bathroom..." he said.

"Oh really?" I said.

'Yeah man...she got a job here and she just got an apartment a few weeks ago when she come up..She's all moved in...It's just her and her suitcase." he said.

''And you want me to pick her up?" I asked.

''Come on Reed...I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important." he said.

"Ahh, quit whinin..."

We drove to the Bus station and waited for about an hour....

"I thought you said she'd be here waitin?" I asked.

"Her bus should be comin in soon." he said.

"Bus comin in?  I thought she was already here." I said..

"Nah....She timed it so I could get here just in time." said Meek.

"Good timin man." I said.

When her bus arrived and she got off  the bus...I was sorry I had been cross with Meek...His niece was drop dead gorgeous!

''That's your niece Meek?" I asked as she saw him and walked towards us....

"Hey man, get your mind out of the gutter...she's only 23...Too young for your perverted ass, ya cougar." he said.

"Cougars are old women who troll for young men." I retorted with a smile.


"Hi Uncle Meek." she said.

'Heyy sugar girl...This here is Reed Nelson..." he said.

"I know who he is...Mommy listens to his music on Pandora and she told me that you produce his records." she said.

I smiled...

"I like her." I said with a laugh...

"Just take us to her apartment..." said Meek with a laugh...

We all had a good laugh...I drove her to her apartment....

''So I'll meet you tomorrow for breakfast right Unc?"  she said.

"Right...if I can get up at that time..." he laughed.

"I'll get up." I joked.

"I think I have Debbie's number in my phone." he joked as  we pulled off.

III-




I checked my watch...It was almost 1:00 in the morning....Not too late I thought...I called Debbie....Hopefully, she wasn't asleep...

"Hello..." said Debbie..

"Hey baby, it's me...I was in the neighborhood and..." I said before she cut me off..

'And you needed to come by....Been busy lately haven't you Reed?  I haven't seen you in two weeks and you haven't been on the road." she said.

"Nope...I've been workin...In the studio...on this new CD...You know that...We broke early tonight." I said.

"Uhhh,I don't even feel like going into it Reed..Come over....but hurry up...I was just gettin ready to go to bed....alone....again.." she said.

"Awww Deb,don't be like that." I said.

''Just hurry up." she said.

I drove as fast as I could....I'm sure I went through a couple of lights to get to Deb's place...but I did.

I rang the doorbell..Debbie came to the door in a leopard print babydoll .....

"Wow...expecting someone?" I said slyly..

"Reed, you wouldn't even be here.....if it wasn't for the fact that I'm as horny as a cat in heat and well, you got me all hot and bothered callin m.."

''Ummmm, well let me do something about that."  I said as I kissed her and tossed my hat in the corner and began to undress... I followed her into the bedroom...

."This is , what it is...a booty call.... I don't feel like I'm your woman anymore." she said.

''Come on Deb, don't start."  I said as I took my trousers off and my boxers...She took one look at me and shook her head...

"Wow..Well, at least I know you've been loyal.....whooooo.." she said and laughed...

I cupped her buttocks with both of my hands...She wasn't wearing any panties..We kissed deeply on the bed...



I entered her slowly and began to move even slower..wanting to get deeper and wanting to savor every minute, every sensation....Debbie wrapped her legs around me and  allowed me to thrust even deeper...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD REEEEEEEEEED, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...you feeel sooo gooooooooood.." she moaned as I continued going slower....

We kissed and slobbered on each other like kissing was going out of style and her fingers bore down in my back enough to draw a little blood...but I felt no pain...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Debbie...Ohhhh Debbie...I neeeeeeeeeeed you...OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I need you...OHHHHHHHHHHHH.." I screamed as we continued...

The bed rocked from side to side...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.." she moaned...

We went at it like this for close to two hours.... Debbie straddled herself on top of me... and  I turned her over and plowed into her doggie style.....

She moaned and grabbed her pillow and bit it...while I continued...until finally we both exploded with a fury...both of our bodies shaking with ecstacy!


"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm......" I said...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned finally....

"Phew..that was something." I said.

"Okay Reed...get your clothes on...you've got to go home." she said.

"Huh? What?" I said.

"You can't stay the night.." she said.

"Deb..we just made sweet love.." I said.

''We just screwed....I was horny...You were horny..we've scratched that itch...Get your clothes now..I'm sleepy."she said.

"Aw come on...Let's take a shower and have some champaigne." I said.

''Maybe this weekend...but not tonight...Come on Reed, get your clothes now." she said.

I got up, and slowly put my clothes on...She walked me to the door... I attempted to kiss her...but she turned her head...

"Bye Reed" she said.

I left her apartment....I checked my watch...It was a little after 4:00 in the morning....A cool wind blew across my face...What a revolting development.

(To Be Continued....)

4 comments:

James Perkins said...

Nice Story..Glad to see Reed Nelson in a story!

Samuel Bastion said...

I really liked this... Love Reed Nelson..

Lisa said...

From your past stories..I figured it would only be a matter of time before Debbie started to get fed up with Reed's lifestyle.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Standing and applauding and throwing my panties and bra at you!
That last scene was hot!