Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In The Wings

''Thank You ADA Wallace for taking me to pick up my car." said Dr. Hazel Hunter ....
I had dropped by C.I.D. at the same time she had and had found none of the people there I usually see...

The Desk Sergeant told me that Sissy, Carlotta and Jimmy were out interviewing patients in those files we had gotten from Dr. Queen's office with the warrant that Judge Freeman had signed for us...
"Oh It was nothing Hazel...I don't really get to spend much time with you...or talk to you...I'm happy for your company." I said.

"Oh thank you..." she said.

Jimmy had taken half and Carlotta was off interviewing the other half.... Sissy was helping out by interviewing all of the employees, family members and close friends of both the slain Tamika Collins and Dr. Benjamin Queen...This had taken up close to two days of work... In the afternoon they were back to watching videotape from the crime stoppers video and the private company...

Carlotta would come in so dog tired that she'd collapse in the bed and go right to sleep...She would always wake up for a minute and give me a juicy kiss...She was gone the past two days by the time I woke up....She would leave me a nice sweet message.

I imagine it was the same for everybody else too.. We were working difficult cases.

At any rate, It was keeping Sissy busy and out of the office and away from the advances of Lt. Eddie Cantrell.. Who I understand was still stopping by....

 

Detectives Tyriq Pile and Edwin "Duke" Baylor were busy rousting and questioning all of their underworld and street contacts about the murder of the late James Shunk, a heist guy and box man who was found shot to death a few days ago...

From what they told me, they were getting nowhere with this case...Nobody knew anything, Nobody had any beef with Joey Shunk, Nobody could think of a reason why anybody would want to harm him...

They were out working their murder case and Carlotta, Sissy and Jimmy were out working theirs...I missed them...Such was their lives...Murder Police!

So Dr. Hazel Hunter was my companion for the day....I didn't really talk to her much or know too much about her...Only Duke really knew her...


"I would have asked Duke to drive me over here , but he's out working a case.. "

"Believe me, it's no problem.." I said.

"Where'd you do your undergrad?" she asked.

"Howard University.....Then I did my grad school at Penn..."I said.

"I went to Fisk for undergrad and I went to Penn also." she said.

"You pledge anything?" she asked...

"I'm a Kappa." I said.

"Ohhh, a Nupe!...I'm an AKA." she laughed.

"A Prissy Missy." I laughed....She smiled..!

"I suppose you know Paris, Blake, Cole and Chance Howard?" she asked.

"I sure do...I "made" all of them." I laughed...

" Cole's girlfriend...Nicole Butler is my soror..." she said.

"I know her too!" I laughed.

"Small World huh?" she said.

"It is." I laughed.

"Oh wow...Nice!" I said. "You from Philly?" I asked.

"Born and raised...Graduated from Girls High..." she said.

"Oh My God!!!...So did Sissy and Carlotta." I said.

"Ms. Sissy was a little ahead of me..I didn't know her, but I remember Carlotta.. She was a few years behind me...Her older sister Carmen was in my graduating class...So was Detective Angie Belton...I remember seeing her...I just didn't know her...I suppose you went to Central?" she said.


''Nope....I went to Overbrook." I said.

"Really?" she said, her eyes sparkling...

"Yup." I said.

"No wonder you're so down to Earth.. Carlotta is a lucky woman." she said.

"Thanks" I said blushing...

''It's so cute ,the way you love her so much and blush so much when her name is brought up...I hope you stay that way and don't get bored with her or take her for granted." she said.

I smiled.

"My ex husband took me for granted." she said sadly....

I couldn't imagine any man getting bored or taking a woman with a body like hers for granted...

II-
A tall handsome, brown skinned young Black man walked up and tapped Dr. Hunter on the shoulder...

"Hazel Hunter is that you?" he said smiling...

"Oh My God ,Lawrence Granger...How are you?" said Hazel Hunter...

"I'm doing good...I'm back at the stock market...working.." he said.

"The stress isn't bothering you? I thought you were going to leave that alone?" she said.

"Too much money to be made Hazel....I'm good...I hear you work with the police department now..."he said.

"Yes...I do Forensic Investigation..." she said.

''No psychological work?"he asked.

"Very Little...I had a double major...Psych and Criminal Justice and Forensics.." said Hazel...

"Love a woman with a brilliant mind...and a body to boot." he said and nudged me..."

"Hi...I'm Lawrence Granger..." he said.

"Oh Forgive my manners...This is ADA Keith Wallace...I work with him."she said.

He shook my hand...

"Oh I know who he is...I see him in the paper.." he said. "He gets the big cases....and speaking of..Are you guys working on the horrible murders of Dr. Ben Queen and Tamika Collins?" he asked.

"Yes, we are, but as of now, we don't have any suspects." I said.

"Oh, such a shame....You and Ben Queen were an item once weren't you?" he said to Hazel...

"That was a long time ago." she said...she looked uncomfortable....

"Well , I know this sounds crass, but now that he's gone...and it was a long time ago...How about giving me a shot?...I have been in the wings waiting." he said.

Wowww, this guy got right to the point didn't he? I couldn't believe he would say a thing like that.

"You were never in any wings Lawrence... I told you I couldn't date you..because you were my patient..."she said.

"Well,I'm nobody's patient now...Not Queen's ,not yours... Why don't we talk it over over some wine...a nice New York Strip Steak , soft music???...I know a great restaraunt..." he said..

"Lawrence...I'm seeing someone...." she said.

"Oh!" he said.

''I'm sorry."he said.

"Don't be...That's just how it is..." she said.

"Is it serious?" he asked.

''It's getting to be." she said.

"What does he do for a living?" he asked.

"Lawrence...I'm seeing someone okay? It's not your concern." she said.

"Well, I can't believe that after all this time...All this waiting , you just disregard my years of wooing you ." he said.

"Lawrence what are you talking about? I haven't seen you in seven years...I've been married and divorced in that time..."she said.

"Oh..well alright then!" he said and just walked away without saying goodbye or anything.

"That was odd." I said.

Hazel looked very embarrassed...

"He was a very successful stockbroker at one time...Then he became my patient....He had delusions of grandeur and serious problems with rejection and stress. ...I shouldn't be talking about him like that." she said.

"It's okay...What you say to me stays with me." I said.

Her car was ready...She paid her bill and she walked over to me...

"Thank you ADA Wallace..." she said.

"Oh no problem...no problem....Hey Hazel look...wait a minute." I said.

I walked to my car and took a GPS unit out....I installed it in the bottom of her car...

"What's that for/" she asked..

"We have one on all of our cars... Sissy's ,Carlotta, Tyriq,Duke and Jimmy and I know our smartphones all have GPs's in them...It's just a precaution ...For your safety. I was kidnapped by a serial killer once...The GPS unit in my phone led Sissy ,Carlotta and Tyriq right to me, and they saved my life...Do you have Duke on speed dial?" I asked..

''Yes." she said.

"If anything ever happens to you like that...hit his number...The phone will be on...He'll hear everything and we'll be able to track you." I said.

Hazel smiled and kissed me softly on the cheek...

"You really are a sweetheart of a guy ADA Wallace... Carlotta is a lucky woman. I'll remember that." she said.

"Good...I want all of my people to be safe...and you are one of us...a very important part of our team." I said.

Hazel smiled...

"Thank You ADA Wallace.....Oh before I forget....My overnight bag is in your car ADA Wallace." she said.

"Staying with Duke tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah...it's his turn...I'm sure you are used to that." she said and smiled.

"I was... Carlotta and I live together now.." I said.

"You do? That's nice." she said.

''For about a month and a half now, since we got engaged..You are coming to our wedding in a few weeks aren't you?" I said.

''Wouldn't miss it. Carlotta asked me to be one of her bridesmaids." she said.

"Great!. That's good." I said.

"You know something ADA Wallace.. You're alright..." she said.

''You're not bad yourself." I said smiling.

I waved as she pulled off and drove away...

III-

It was late...I wasn't going back to C.I.D. or my office...I was tired..I was going home...Carlotta had her car!

I drove home...To my surprise.. Carlotta's car was parked in the garage...I walked in my door and there she was ,sitting on the couch in her panties and a wife beater...


I dropped my briefcase......Carlotta laughed and peeled a banana seductively.....

"Pinch me..I'm dreaming..." I said.

''Come sit over here with your fiance."she said and patted a place on the couch for me to sit.

I sat next to her and kissed her for a good long time...She tasted like bananas....

''So any break in the case?" I asked as I took off my shoes, socks and trousers , my shirt and tie and tossed them on the floor..

''Pick those up, don't be a slob...and no..We interviewed all but two people and we got goose eggs..Duke and Tyriq didn't do much better either...So back to looking at tape tomorrow. What did you do?" she said.

I picked up my clothes and hung them up...She already was sounding like a wife...I loved it though...Carlotta kept me straight around here...Kept my place clean and neat!

''I took Dr. Hunter to pick up her car in the shop...We had a nice long talk...I didn't know you two knew each other in high school " I said.

''Vaguely.. She was in my sister's class.. I remember seeing her...but I was a little younger.. She and I talked about it." she said.

"I met one of her clients...A Lawrence Granger...A real odd sock." I said.

"He's one of the two clients of Dr. Queen that we haven't interviewed...Him and Judge Freeman.." she said.

"Judge Freeman?  Well we know what his issues are.. He'll be racing you to Victoria's Secret.... Something about Granger  though gave me the creeps...I'm glad Hazel was going to Duke's tonight." I said.

''Well enough shop talk ..Come here....We haven't made love in three days..." she said.

I kissed her and rolled her wife beater up and began to suck on her breasts softly....

"It's been three days, six hours and twenty minutes to be exact...but who's counting?" I said.

"Oh My God..you are something else..."She said as I eased her panties down and slowly eased myself inside of her on my couch...

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...this feels goood ......ouuuuuuuuu....."she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss...." I moaned...


I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time......


 I stared  into Carlotta's  gorgeous brown eyes  and I continued to make love to her like nobody's business...I wanted to savor this experience, So I took my time...

I made slow, steady sweet love to Carlotta the rest of the afternoon and into the night...

Too bad neither of us heard a desperate call on either of  our phones from Duke!

(TO BE CONTINUED...)



6 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice Little Installment, Hope to see more of Dr.Hunter...She sounds like she's got a very mysterious past!

Angie B. said...

I could see this coming...Hazel's been kidnapped hasn't she?

George S. said...

I hope ADA Wallace and Detective Rodriguez can find the time to get out of bed and help poor Duke...I fear something has befallen the lovely Dr. Hunter... All in all, good story...I'm hooked!

Swaggie said...

@George S._Why do they have to get out of bed? They worked a full day...Technically they are off duty!

Tate 2 said...

I've certainly got no problem with them being in bed...It had been three days...

Toni said...

LOL! Men...Figures all they're talking about is sex...They totally missed how well ADA Wallace and Dr. Hunter, the two members of our group who aren't cops and who are professionals bonded so well...