Friday, May 17, 2013

Land Of Make Believe


Later on that night...I met Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and Sean Jackson in the van, which was parked six blocks away...

I bought them all tumblers of coffee and pastries from a nearby all night Bakery...

''Gee Thanks Kevin." said Peeping Tom...

"Man,it got pretty nasty in there for a minute...I thought you was about to buy the farm...Good thing those coppers showed up." said Lockpick Johnson..

"They were listening too Lock....They were always in play." said Sean Jackson...

"Ohhh...Damn Kev, you always stay one step ahead of the bad guys." said Lockpick Johnson...

"That's how I stay alive." I laughed..."Plus, I'm wearing a vest and a plate and I'm double strapped..."I said.

Peeping Tom smiled...He knew the deal...He and I both were former members of the intelligence community...That was just how we played the game.

My three friends all laughed...

"How was that address I gave you?" I said,

"It was perfect Kev...That's Coker's spot alright...We had more than enough time to get in and wire that spot for sound and video...We cloned his smartphone too....Anything he does or says...We'll see and hear." said Peeping Tom...

"Good Job guys as usual..."I said.

"Clerow is on Larry "Baby" Santana  and Owen Todd is on Ludi...." said Sean Jackson...

"Good...because I'm going to go up there and move Lynette out later on today....Clerow said that I can use some of his storage rental units to keep her things in until she can ship them back to Brooklyn.."I said.

"Man...This guy Coker is connected to everything but the neon...He aint gonna just let you do that." said Lockpick Johnson...

"Hopefully, he 's not going to be around much longer..Go home, get some sleep guys and thanks!" I said as I waved to them and got in my car and pulled off..

II-



I went home, showered, shaved and then got in the bed with my wife, Sepia....She was sleeping good....She woke up breifly and cuddled up with me....

''Hey Sepia?"I asked.

"Hmmmm.." she moaned...

"Could I get another down payment?" I said..

"Tomorrow...I'm tired honey." she said and went back to sleep...

I kissed her cheek softly....Her hands began to run down my legs..her hands were so soft, she gently began to fondle and massage me....Naturally,I responded...

"Ohhhhhhh...Ohhhhhh my godddddddddddd.." I moaned....

It didn't last long...Soon she was sound asleep again...I smiled.. Hopefully this case would be over and I'd be home at night again.

I was asleep no more than two hours when my smartphone began to vibrate.... I picked it up...It was PeepingTom...

"Hey Kev...we are outside of your house...You need to hear what we just picked up." he said.

I threw on my Trousers and my shirt and some slippers and walked outside of my house...The van was across the street...



''What'cha got guys?" I asked.

"Listen, said Tom...Who had now been joined by Clerow and Owen Todd!

"Hello..."

"Lynette?"

''Oh My God is this Eddie?"

"Yes...We need to talk!"

"It's two in the morning Eddie!"

"What are you wearing?"

"I'm hanging up.."

"No please....Look...I can't sleep...I need to see you tonight."

"No..absolutely not...That's over..It's been a year and a half.."

"Please...I need you...I can't sleep...I can't eat...All I do is think about you Lynette,baby I love you...I'm gone over you,please let me come over."

"No!...I don't love you Eddie...I don't want you....And a booty call is definitely out of the question...I can't stand the sight of you now..."

"I didn't hurt your friend...The Private Investigator...He's fine...He's probably home bangin his wife....Doin what I'd like to do to you."

"You killed my fiance..."

"It wasn't me...Baby killed him, because he disrespected him."

"You ordered it...Nobody does anything unless you say so."

"Okay...I ordered it, but he wasn't for you...He didn't have enough in his pants to be for you...I'm the only man for you...You know it...I know it, the world knows it!"

"You're crazy...You're insane....You kill people....You're a monster..."

"Look...Yeah I've had people killed...Twelve to be exact, but that was business baby, Those were gangsters....That's business, that's got nothing to do with me and you...When I'm with you I'm different,I'm so much better as a human being, I'm pure..
I need you baby...I need you...I love you."

"Listen at you, you're crazy...I saw you and Baby kill little Frankie Flowers in that restaraunt in 2010 remember, Up in Northern Liberties??"

"He disrespected me...I couldn't let that just go...What would people have thought? My name don't ring out on these corners because I let things go."

"You got everything, you got the city on lock...You own everything,everybody, What you need with me?"

"I'd give all this up, All this gangsta mess...For you baby...I'd give it all up..I love you baby! I swear...I got more money than I'll ever live to spend...We could leave Philly, go live somewhere else...Me and You...Me and you girl.."

"Eddie, you're living in the land of make believe...I just want to get as far away from you as possible...I don't love you, I never will...You and Baby killed the only man I ever loved...Tyrone "Buddy" Dwyer...You'll never replace him in my heart."

"He wasn't the man for you...I'm the man with clout that everybody is yappin bout..I'm what's hot in the streets...If I can't have you...Nobody will....I'm serious Lynette...Anywhere you go...I'll know it...Anybody who looks like they tryin to holler, I'll slump em..I swear,I'll kill em all."

"Why don't you kill me Eddie and set me free?"

"I can't do that...I love you baby..Please...Let me come over...We don't have to have sex...Just let me talk  to you, just let me look at you, please...please...."

"You're living in the land of make believe Eddie.You're never going to get next to this again...Never!"

(Click!)

"Don't hang up on me... Lynette...I love you baby,please...I-I-I can't live without you,babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I neeeed you, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawdddddddddddddd, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"



I slapped palms with PeepingTom, Sean Jackson,Lockpick Johnson, Clerow and Owen Todd.....I wondered if his boys Baby and Ludi would have respected him if they had heard him pleading and crying over a woman like that over the phone...I doubted if they knew how messed up their boss was over Lynette...

"You guys are my dudes!!!.....We got him!!...We got him talking about murders...Admitting to having Dwyer killed...We got him and Baby!!....Clerow, you know what to do...Copy this....Get a copy to ADA Keith Wallace and get one to Lt.Sissy Van Buren...Tell her to meet me at this address..."I said and gave Clerow a piece of paper..

"I'm on it boss." he said.

"Hey man, Where you going?" asked Sean Jackson...

"I'm going to move Lynette out of there...She could be in danger..."I said.

''Shouldn't you take Kool Kat?" asked Owen Todd.

"Kool Kat and Chelsea are in the Bahamas on vacation." I said.

We all busted out laughing....

"Yeah man...No way the big man wouldn't have been in on this if he was in town...Him and Ludi had a falling out some years back...He'd jump at a chance to get at that guy!" said Lockpick Johnson.

Ludwick "Ludi" Nelson was a murderous thug himself who was feared amongst a lot of people...He had at one time been high priced muscle in New York ,before moving to Philly to offer his services to the highest bidder. Like Baby Santana, he didn't mind killing if it served his purposes.

"Owen, stay loose...I'm going over there in an hour...I'll call you if I need your help. "I said.

"Cool, that will work." he said.

III-


I called Lynette and told her that I was coming to get her out of that apartment now..

"Pack a small bag and be ready when we get there." I said.

"Kevin...I thought they killed you." she said.

"Nah, not at all....but I've bugged his phone...I heard that last conversation he had with you...He might do something crazy, that's why I'm coming over now....Just be ready..."I said.

"Okay...Kevin ,I'm scared..." she said.

"Don't be...We gonna work this out." I said.



Within an hour, I was headed toward her apartment complex...My wife, Sepia was with me..So was Owen Todd...I have to admit...This was a time I wished I had Kool Kat with me..but it was okay...It would work out...

I parked the car two blocks away...

"Sepia, Owen...Wait here...In 15 minutes, pull up to the front of the apartment..I'm going to be coming out hard and fast..."I said.

"I'm on it Kev." I said.

"Be careful lover." said my wife as I left the car.

I only hoped that Sissy and ADA Wallace got my little package and got warrants issued in time..

I ran into the building and took the steps rather than the elevator.. I knocked on Lynette's door..


She answered the door on the first knock.. She had one bag packed...I looked around...

"Come On Lynette. Sepia and a friend of mine are parked down the street.. Let's go." I said.

"Oh My God...Be careful Kev...I have this feeling that they're already here." she said.

"Let's take the elevator down." I said. I didn't want to risk taking the steps and running into them coming up.

We ran to the elevator...


We got on the Elevator...Somewhere between the 5th and the 4th floor the Elevator stopped...

"What happened?" she said...

Then we heard a  thump!  A loud thump!!!

"Oh My God!" said Lynette...

"Didn't Buddy get shot in this elevator?" I asked..

"Yes..." she said, shaking like a leaf!

I looked up, somebody was removing the panel at the top!!!!!

It was Larry "Baby" Santana...He was already in the building...He had his pistol with a silencer on it...He looked at us and smiled and aimed!!!!...

I pulled out my .38 smokeless and fired three shots....Two hit him square in the chest, the third one went right between his eyes and out the back of his head!!!...

He said nothing, he  pitched forward and fell through the hole....His dead body smacked on the floor of the elevator!!! He was still holding his pistol as his blood ran like a river all over the elevator floor....

I shielded Lynette's eyes!!!!

The elevator started moving again and stopped on the ground floor...It opened up and
Lynette and I stepped over Baby's dead body and headed toward the front door...


Out in the street sat a Silver 2013 Mercedes Benz....It belonged to Eddie Coker, who was sitting there with his driver, the murderous, Ludwick "Ludi" Nelson at the wheel...

"I heard shots Boss...Baby might be in trouble.. I'm goin in...I'll drop that Kevin charactor." he snarled...

"Yes...Don't give him a break, shoot him on sight, but don't hurt Lynette...Bring her to me." said Eddie Coker.

Ludi cocked his .45 and got out of the car, but just then two cars pulled up, One on both sides...!!!!

''Ludi, drop it, you're under arrest!!!" came the voice of Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor...


Ludi fired three shots at Duke that missed...But Detectives Tyriq Pile and James "Jimmy" Barlow fired five shots a piece at Ludi....He was struck with ten bullets...He spun around like a top, yelled -"Whoooooooooooooooooo.." like a woman, tossed his gun up in the air and fell to the pavement...very, very dead! His blood was running like a river into the street.....He was on his back, his cold gray eyes staring at the sky!





And then to my surprise...Someone I hadn't seen in a few weeks came running up with a riot pump shotgun and trained it at the window of the car , right on Eddie Coker!!!...
It was Detective Carlotta Rodriguez!!!!...He was startled...



"Eddie...Throw it out the door!!!...Throw both pistols out the door...DO IT NOW!" she barked!!! and she cocked the riot pump shotgun...

The window of the car came down and Eddie Coker dropped two .45's out of the door.. into the street...

"You got him Top?" asked Duke, who was headed towards the car with his Glock drawn...

''I got him covered Duke!" she replied...


Lt. Sissy Van Buren walked up to the other side of the car and smiled at Eddie Coker...

"Get out of the car Eddie, keep your hands where I can see em.....It's a wrap...." she said...She had her glock aimed at his head....He was no fool!

Eddie Coker opened the door and quietly got out of the car... Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor handcuffed him....


"You're under arrest for the murder of Tyrone "Buddy" Dwyer." he said.  Eddie Coker said nothing..A huge crowd had started to gather in the street.. They had heard all of the gunfire!

Owen Todd and Sepia drove up in my car and I walked out of the building with Lynette....


''Where's Baby?" asked Carlotta..


"He's in the elevator in the front lobby....I put Baby to sleep....Forever!" I said.

"Damnn , Remind me never to piss you off." joked Detective Jimmy Barlow...Detective Tyriq Pile smiled.. "My man Kev" he said...



Carlotta smiled that sweet smile of hers....So different from the tough detective that had just jammed a riot pump shotgun in the face of a killer..

''And how are you Little Sister?" I said.

''I'm just fine Kevin.."she said and laughed..

Eddie Coker looked as Owen Todd and Sepia helped Lynette get in my car... I walked over to him....I stared at him for a minute ,then I said softly....

"All you tough guys talk about how different you are....And in the end, you all fall so hard ....It's over for you, you cheap punk!." I said....

He ignored me...He was looking at Lynette....

He began to sob....Uncontrollably....Carlotta, Sissy and I were stunned....

"Lynette, I loved you baby....I would've given all of this gangsta stuff up for you...I would have...I loved you...I swear to God...I loved you...Lawd Jesus knows I loved you...I had the whole world...I had it all, but all I wanted was you...I was different..I swear baby..I was a better man when I was with you...Oh my god...Oh my god...I loved you baby..Why couldn't you stay with me...Whyyyyy?Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,lawddddddddddddd,,arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh  "he sobbed...

''Oh My God.." said Sissy.

"Get a hold of yourself ." said Carlotta...

Tyriq, Duke ,Jimmy and Owen Todd looked disgusted at the sight of Eddie Coker, crying uncontrollably and slobbering....Carlotta handed him a few tissues to blow his nose and Sissy rubbed his back...Sepia and Lynette wouldn't look at him, they turned their heads..

Suddenly, all the hatred, all the disdain , all the contempt I felt for him was gone...I suddenly felt sorry for him ....This big gangster, this man who had sent 13 people to their deaths was now reduced to mush by the woman he loved ,but couldn't have...

Sissy motioned for Duke, Jimmy and Tyriq to take him away.....I looked at her...

"I guess Love is the most powerful emotion." I said.


"You and Keith Wallace are so alike....He said the same thing after a big case once..."said Sissy.

"My boo is so deep." said Carlotta.. Talking about her fiancé, ADA Keith Wallace.

"You guys find a house yet?" I asked.

''Yes.. We did!!!...It will be ready in two months!!!...Let me go and say hello to your wife." said Carlotta, who ran over to my car....She and Sepia hugged each other and exchanged pleasantries like they had known each other for years...

Sissy smiled and  waved at Sepia, who waved back...

''Hey Sissy." said Sepia...

"Hey girl...How you doin?" said Sissy.

"Well Kevin, once again...you helped us bring down a major playa...I guess I underestimated you..." said Sissy.

I smiled...

"Hopefully the bad guys will continue to under-estimate me too." I laughed..





EPILOUGE-

Eddie Coker was convicted of ordering the murders of Buddy Dwyer and 12 other people....He was sentenced to die by lethal injection...He has been put on suicide watch at the prison...He wrote to Lynette a few times ,but she never returned his letters...Chances are ,she never got them!!

She moved out of that apartment building....Clerow allowed her to store her things in his storage rental spaces that he rented out...He didn't charge her...And within a month, She was back in Brooklyn...Free of her bad memories of her time in Philly.

Philadelphia was safe and free from the likes of Eddie Coker and the recently deceased Larry "Baby"Santana and Ludwick "Ludi" Nelson.

Sissy and her detectives had 13 cleared murder cases and once again got commendations from the Police Commissioner for a job well done...Both Sissy and ADA Keith Wallace as well as Duke, Jimmy, Carlotta, Tyriq and Dr.Hazel Hunter insisted that I be present also to receive a special award ....

''Without the help of Private Investigator, Kevin Morris...We could have never of made the case." said ADA Wallace.
So I received an award from the Police Commissioner and The City of Philadelphia also!

The Little Norway Business Association  gave me an award a week later.....

Chris Thompson and Chess bought all of the Apartment complexes that Eddie Coker used to own and dropped the tenants rent by 10% for the first year....The tenants were pleased...Clerow bought the Tearoom in Chinatown and rehired the previous manager to run it...

The Sad Lady Bar and Club was bought back by the previous owner also and at last the huge stain of Eddie Coker had finally been lifted...I felt good...



Sepia has been making good on giving me the uh "Balance" of my uh payment for cracking this case!

If you know what I mean ....

And I figure you do!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and hurling my panties and bra at you!

James Perkins. said...

Loved this....A love sick gangster...Now there is a twist...Loved the way Sissy and her troops came riding in just in the knick of time...They work well with Kevin and his guys...

Swaggie said...

Great ending...Loved this storyline!