Saturday, May 18, 2013

War Of Roses



I woke up and stared at Carlotta...She was looking at herself in the mirror...I smiled...She saw my reflection...and she waved at me playfully from the mirror.... It had been a month since she'd moved in with me...I was still tickled pink and still having to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"What are you doing up so early?" I asked...

"Couldn't sleep....Just nervous energy...No issues or nothing....I just get like that sometimes..." she said.

"And I didn't know this already??...As long as I've known you?" I mused..

"You haven't known me that long.. I mean...Known me known me..." she said...

"I guess you're right...Do you sometimes think that we are moving too fast?" I asked.


"Sometimes....but ,then again...I waited for you for a long time...Someone like you...I kept hittin and missin with guys and then you came and you felt just right..." she said.


"Yeah, that's how I feel about you Lotta." I said.


"Oh,I'm Lotta now?" she laughed....

"Yeah..I thought I'd try that out." I laughed...

" Duke and Tyriq call me "Top" and Boss Lady calls me "Chica", ...Jimmy is the only one that calls me Carlotta...and who doesn't have a nickname for me.." she mused..

"Would you rather me just call you Carlotta?" I asked.

" I like the way you sound when you say Carlotta..I love the way it rolls off your tongue..and the huskiness of your voice when you say my name.. It's sexy." she said and smiled..

"Then Carlotta it is..." I said....I gave her a side eye and said-"That was passive aggressive of you."


Carlotta busted out laughing and got back in the bed... She rubbed my legs with her soft hands and gradually found her way to my stiff erection.

She looked at me...Her eyes got wide...

"Oh My God!!...Were you sitting over here like this the whole time we were talking?" she asked.

"I can't help it...You look so good.." I said.

"You are soooo good for my ego.You can call me anything you like.." she said and we began kissing..slowly, softly...deeply... Which led to me slowly mounting myself on top of her and entering her....

''Always glad to be of service.." I said... Carlotta giggled...

"Ummmmmmmmm....papi, you feel soooo good.." she moaned...

"Sooo do youuuu, ummmmm." I moaned myself...

Carlotta was warm, moist and most of all soft....I began to move in and out of her very slowly...savoring every minute , every second of the experience....She wrapped her legs around me and continued French kissing me as I continued to enter her even slower..


Two hours into the morning and we were still making sweet love...unaware that the alarm clock was ringing...

By the time we had both climaxed......another half hour had gone by...

We lay in the bed in each others arms....

"Damn, I wish I could call out today." I said.

"Me too, but duty calls." said Carlotta...

I pulled her to me and kissed her again...

"Yes, it does....Damn it." I said.

Carlotta just stared at me and laughed.


"The weekend is coming boo...and remember.. We are going to Baltimore  for three days..." she said.

"Yeah...I'm looking forward to that...Me and You ,alone and in another city, where we don't know the playas..." I said.

II-



I decided to use one car...Carlotta's car...I drove her to C.I.D.  I decided to stop in and say hello to Sissy...Once inside her office I thought I had made a wrong turn...

"Excuse me...Am I at the flower shop?" I asked...

There was three huge bouquets of Red Roses everywhere!!!



"Whoa...What did you do to Eddie C. last night?" I joked...
Sissy looked like she wanted to cry....All of a sudden, I felt bad...


"I'm sorry Sissy ,Did something happen?" I asked.

"Wow, Boss Lady...what is this?" asked Carlotta.






There was roses everywhere....



"You guys have got to help me" said Sissy...."These here on the left are from Rollie Rollerson....ewwwww..He must have bought half the store...and those on the right are from Lt. Edward Cantrell..." she said.

"Oh My God...He must have bought the other half." said Carlotta.

"That's not funny Chica....Those over by the window are from Eddie C.  Oh My God...what is going on? I can't keep all of these roses.." said Sissy.."How come they all came today?"she asked no one in particular.




"It's simple..All of these men were thinking about you last night." I said, trying hard to hide my amusement.


"Eddie C. ,I can understand...but Cantrell?? , Rollie Rollerson?? Why? Why Now??...I haven't seen Rollie in two months..." said Sissy.

"Well maybe he's seen you." I said.

"Chica...Send your future hubby to work, He's getting too much of a kick out of this."said Sissy, looking at me and trying to hide a laugh herself.

We drank coffee and talked for about an hour....Sissy tore up the cards from both Rollie and Lt. Cantrell and got on her computer and typed out two labels and attached them to two index cards....Then she made two phone calls...


"Yes...they came here....I guess he was too bashful to send them to you directly girl...you know how he is....Just come down." said Sissy...

Carlotta and I looked puzzled...


Then she made another call-

"It was soo sweet, I thought they were for me at first...and then I saw that they were for you...What? I don't know why he had them delivered here....Bashful I guess...but they're definitely for you girl..yeah...okay...I'll be here." she said and hung up.

Sissy went to the intercom and summoned Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow into her office...


"What's up Lou?" he asked upon entering the office...Then he looked around at all of the flowers and then looked at Lt. Sissy Van Buren...

''Whoa...You sure made someone happy last night. They bought the whole flower shop!!" he mused with a wry smile...

Carlotta giggled and held her head down...


"Detective...I'm going to forget that last remark....Listen...How would you like to do your favorite Lieutenant a big favor?" she asked...



"Uh Ohhh...This sounds like a trick question." he said.

Carlotta and I couldn't contain our laughter at this point...Sissy ignored us...

"Here...These roses....They are from you to Detective Belton." she said.

"Huh?" said Jimmy...

"I already called her..She's on her way down here now." said Sissy...

"Huh? What??"said Jimmy....

Sissy had cut the card that had come from Rollie Rollerson off and had replaced it with another card...a typewritten card that read... "To my favorite Detective in the whole wide world...Love always, Jimmy Barlow."



Detective Angie Belton walked into the squad room and looked around at all the flowers and was astounded...

"Damn Sissy, what did you do to Eddie C. last night??He bought  the  entire flower shop!" she exclaimed...

Carlotta and I cracked up laughing....

"These aren't mine....they are yours." said Sissy..."Isn't that right Detective Barlow?" she said looking at Jimmy....


"Yeah..Uh..Yeah Ang...I uh hope you like them...I was too bashful to uh er ruh bring them up to your office." he lied looking at me and Carlotta....Carlotta shrugged her shoulders...I laughed my head off...



"Wow! Really?? No guy has ever bought me roses before...and this many?? You bought half of the store Jimmy...Wow..." she said....

She walked over to him and gave him a long,slow,sensual soul kiss....He looked like he was about to faint...

"This is soo sweet....I'm going to do something really nice for you this afternoon after work." she said and she winked at him as she and Jimmy took the roses out ...He looked at Sissy as they were leaving and Sissy innocently smiled back at him....


Sissy was back on the phone again...

"Detective Baylor...Could I see you in my office a minute?" she said.



Duke strolled in and looked around....

"What's up Lou....Dang, someone bought half the flower store...What did you do last night Lou?"

At this , Carlotta and I busted out laughing again...Sissy just shook her head and looked pleadingly at Duke.







"What's Up with the lovebirds?" laughed Duke..

"Oh nothing that's not always wrong with those two...They're in love...Listen...Hazel is on her way over here..." said Sissy.

"She is?" said Duke..

"Yes ,to get these roses you bought her?" said Sissy...

"I didn't buy her any roses.." said Duke.

''Sure you did...These!" said Sissy giving Duke the serious side eye!...

"Huh?" said Duke..

Just then...Dr. Hazel Hunter walked into the office..

"Hi Sissy, Guys!" she said. "Oh My..Look at this...Somebody made somebody happy last night. They bought half of the flower shop!" she mused...

An interesting observation!

Carlotta and I fell up against the wall laughing...Dr. Hazel Hunter looked at us puzzled...and so did Duke..

"Hazel...My detective here is still very bashful around you." said Sissy.

"He is? He certainly wasn't bashful a few nights ago. Calling me up at 2:30 in the morning and keeping me up until 6:00." said Hazel who smiled slyly at Duke..

Carlotta, Sissy and I looked at Duke, who obviously, embarrassed laughed sheepishly.

"He bought these roses for you and had them delivered here...but I don't have room for them in my office." said Sissy..

Hazel looked at Duke...

Sissy passed her a typewritten card that read...To my favorite Forensic Investigator in the whole wide world...Love always, Edwin "Duke'' Baylor."


Hazel smiled... "Aww Duke, you shouldn't have...I love these, Come here you big lug." she said and planted a kiss on him that had me getting excited myself just watching...

Duke played along....


"Heh, Heh,Heh....well you know me...I'm a bashful romantic..." he said.

I cracked up and slapped my palm against the wall.

"Awww...You don't have to be bashful Duke, we are practically living together." she said.

Again, Sissy, Carlotta and I stared at both of them with surprise.

Duke motioned for her to shush....She looked around, smiled and said nothing else...Duke smiled sheepishly, put his arms around Hazel and began helping her move the roses out of the office...He looked at me...I shrugged my shoulders...He just grinned....I'm betting I knew why!

III-



I looked at Sissy and smiled....She looked surprisingly relieved.....

I picked up the lone vase of Roses....She took that from me and placed it back on her desk..

"Those are mine...They're from Eddie C." she said.

"Dag Sissy, you hooked up everybody except me and Carlotta..."I joked.

Carlotta was back in the office now....She had her arms around me...She was smiling...

"Sorry ADA...you make more money than anybody in this office...You're going to have to hook my girl up yourself...Eddie C. is coming down here today to take me to lunch...If he had seen all of those roses and from two different men, it would have been very hard to explain.." said Sissy...

"So Boss Lady, You've got three men all vying for your attention at once huh? Wow!! I want to be just like you when I grow up." said Carlotta.

"Aww  Chica..Not you too? I thought we was girls.." said Sissy...

"You know I love you like a big sister ,Boss Lady...but you gotta admit...This is funny." said Carlotta laughing...Sissy laughed too!

"Girl, I don't wish this kind of attention on anyone...See how Keith slobbers all over you and follows you around like a puppy dog? Imagine that and two guys you have zero interest in doing the same thing? Not the best situation to be in." said Sissy.

Carlotta playfully passed me a tissue...

''Wipe up your slobber."she laughed.



"Heyyy,I don't slobber over Carlotta or follow her around like a puppy dog." I protested...


''Then why are you still in my office??...My girl here might have a murder to investigate...We are murder police!" joked Sissy.



"Okay Sissy...I'm leaving.." I said.



"Oh stop being so sensitive Keith..I was just kidding...Stay as long as you want." laughed Sissy.


Eddie C. walked into the office just then... He kissed Sissy in the lips...



"Hey Counselor, Heyy Carlotta. Sissy ,Did you like the roses I sent?" he said pointing to the vase that had six long stemmed roses and a little water in it...

"I loved them baby." said Sissy , who winked at us as she and Eddie C. walked out of the office..

"Watch the shop Chica.." said Sissy as she and Eddie Left..



Detective Tyriq Pile and his wife, who is also a detective...over on the fugitive squad...Detective Sirena Pile came by the office...

''Heyyy Carlotta...Hey ADA Wallace...this is the first chance I got to congratulate you two on your engagement."she said.

''Oh Thank you..."We said.

Tyriq pulled me to the side and said-

"Hey man...My wife got a huge bouquet of roses delivered to her over at fugitive squad.. yesterday from me!" he said.

''Hey Tyriq, that's great!" I said, trying not to laugh...

"Only thing is, I didn't send em...She got some typewritten letter saying it was from me...." he said.

I couldn't contain my laughter....

''What's up?" he asked.

"Listen...this is between me and you....Sissy sent em." I said.

"Huh? Lou?? What?? Why? " asked Tyriq...

"Rollie Rollerson and Lt. Cantrell have been trying to out do each other sending her roses for the past two days....She gave some to  Detective Angie Belton ,said it was from Jimmy and she gave some to Dr. Hazel Hunter..said it was from Duke..Don't let on that I told you.Neither Duke ,nor Jimmy  know what's going on." I said.

"Wow, that's funny. That's hillarious. Lou is fine as hell, I certainly understand why Rollie and Cantrell are hot for her." laughed Tyriq... She didn't send none to you and Top?" he asked.

"Nah...it wasn't our turn." I laughed.

"Yeah, well Sirena has been all over me...Gave me some in her bosses office just this morning when I was over there..I can't tell you how many times I've tried to do that and she wouldn't let me." he said..

I knew the feeling.

"Yeah?" I said...

"Yeah man..and tonight...Mannnn sheeeeeeeeeeeet....I might not make it to work tomorrow." he laughed
slyly...


"Hahahahaha." I laughed.

"Man ADA, this could work out to be a good thing...Let em keep on making a fool out of themselves, sending Lou flowers...You and Top are up next.....Sheeeeeetttttt..Man, Me, You, Duke and Junior...we could have it made..." laughed Tyriq...

I laughed some more and patted Tyriq on the back as he left the office...

He looked at me and smiled..."Mannn look,I'm tellin you Keith...This could be a good thing."



I shook my head...

IV-



Another Bouquet of roses was delivered within the next half hour!!!...It had a message that read...

''Sissy, I can't stop thinking about you...Hope you like.. Ed Cantrell"

Carlotta signed for them...

Within Minutes....Sissy and Eddie C. entered the office....

''Whoa, look at these roses!!!!!....Looks like somebody bought half the store." said Eddie C.

Sissy's mouth dropped...

Carlotta picked up the card and slipped it in her purse...


"Boss Lady...look what my future hubby bought for me.. Isn't he something?" she said and walked over to me and gave me the kiss of life...





Sissy played along....

''Wow..He really loves him some you, Chica." she said.

"Uh, I uh just wanted to surprise her.." I said...

''Wow man,looks like you woke up with a smile on your face this morning." laughed Eddie C.

"Yeah man, I sure did.." I laughed...

"Well,I gotta get back to work...I'll see you tonight babe." said Eddie C. who placed a wet sloppy kiss on Sissy's lips and walked out...



"Whoa, that was close...Good lookin out Chica..I owe you." said Sissy.

"These are from Lt. Cantrell...They arrived just before you all came back."said Carlotta.

"Oh my God...What does he want?" said Sissy.

"Oh I can think of what he might want...hahahahahaha." I said.

"Carlotta, can I punch your future hubby?" asked Sissy who playfully punched my arm..



"By the way Sissy, who sent the flowers that you sent to Tyriq's wife?" I asked.

"Oh...They were from Rollie Rollerson.."she said...

''So both of them have sent roses twice?" I asked.


"Yes....and I'm not the least interested in either one of them...Though, if I was single,I might have given Eddie Cantrell a play...That is until I discovered what a egomaniacle
hound dog he is...but he is handsome and he does have that swag about him." said Sissy.

''Yeah he does have swag." agreed Carlotta.



"I just hope he doesn't send anymore flowers...Rollie  neither..He's got NO shot...At least I'd consider Eddie Cantrell under other circumstances." said Sissy.

I shook my head and smiled...

Women!

EPILOUGE:


A few nights later ,Carlotta and I were at the Aqua Bar enjoying drinks and listening to some Salsa music that they were playing...



I left for a minute and then walked in with a bouquet of roses....They were white, red,blue and yellow...

"For you baby." I said.


The women sitting around us who witnessed clapped and went -"Awwwww, that's so sweet.."

Carlotta blushed....

''Keith, you didn't buy these because of what happened in Boss Lady's office did you?" she asked.

"Well yeah Carlotta...Everybody was giving their girl roses and I felt bad because I've never sent you flowers...All this time I've liked you.. Even before I made it known...I could have sent you flowers a long time ago...now here we are engaged and I'm just getting around to it." I said.

''Awww that's alright... You've done other nice things...but thank you, they're beautiful.." she said and she kissed me.

"I'm going to send you flowers at least once a week...I swear." I said.

She looked at me ....

"No...Please don't!!...I'm serious!!!...This is fine..Rollie and Lt. Cantrell are just trying to out do each other...It's all about them...some crazy competition they have going on..It's not really about Boss Lady..And if she hadn't of given Tyriq, Duke and Jimmy those flowers, who knows when or if  Sirena, Hazel and Angie would have gotten flowers from them?  It's better when it's sincere and from the heart..." she said.

"You think Sissy knows that Cantrell and Rollie are competing?" I asked.

Carlotta just smiled...


"Of course she knows...that's why she gave all of their roses away....because she's not impressed.....Eddie C. sent one small vase with six roses...but his were from the heart, his were sincere...He wasn't trying to impress or outdo another guy...That's why Boss Lady kept his..." she said.

I looked at her and smiled myself...

"You know something ,Future Mrs. Wallace? You're a very smart woman...and I'm a very lucky man to be marrying you." I said.



"Awwwwwwwwww,Thank you baby" she said and kissed me softly...




7 comments:

James Perkins said...

Funniest story you've written to date!

Toni said...

LMAO! I loved this story Keith!

Angie B. said...

Loved this story, Love Keith Carlotta ,Sissy and all of the other charactors...

Sunflower said...

Laughed out loud at this story...Nice to have a nice respite after all the mayhem and murder..

Brenda said...

Loved it,Loved it, Loved it! Still Laughing!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and slinging mad panties at you!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

This was a longgggggggggg short story...but I dug it!