Thursday, October 24, 2013

Come Again?



Owen Todd walked down the steps and got into our van, which was sitting across the street from the apartment complex...

"She's in 409 Kev." he said.

"Good work Owen." I said.

Peeping Tom, Sean Jackson and Lockpick Johnson sat with me...Clerow was at the wheel...

The "she"  in question was Ms. Kimberly Wilkins...my client, who passed herself off to me as "Kim Anderson"....


As soon as I'd had my talk with Kool Kat earlier in the day...I began to do a work up on Kim Wilkins... She was born and raised in Philadelphia PA.  Had been educated in Philadelphia public schools and had did two years at Howard University.

She dropped out after getting pregnant....She had an abortion in Virginia and returned to Philadelphia where she worked a number of office jobs...She got involved with an up and coming hood named Johnny Nyles..."Green Eyes"...They were even engaged for a minute...Then , she got involved with his close friend...Reese Wilkins, a year later and married him...

Sometime around this time...These two, Reese Wilkins and Johnny "Green Eyes" Nyles hooked up and robbed that armoured car...I wondered how that worked out, considering she was now married to his boy....

Reese Wilkins went to prison for the heist and the shooting of the guard....and Johnny Lyles supposedly died in a mysterious car explosion....

I now believed that she set her husband up.....The cops got an anonymous call that not only led to Reese, but put the gun used in the shooting in his hands...He went away and
Johnny Lyle's car exploded....There was someone in the car...who was so badly burned that they were never identified...Maybe someone else was in his car and got killed accidentally in an explosion meant for him....

I'm betting she didn't know he was dead until now...Now that he's surfaced and is asking around about that money....

I checked her bank records....There is no large amount in her bank and it doesn't look like she has any off shore accounts...So the only place that money could possibly be is in a safe deposit box...

We watched as she walked out of her apartment...She looked around and then got in a car and pulled off...

Sean Jackson, Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and I then went into her building...and broke into her apartment and wired it for sound and video...We cloned her cell phone and her laptop....

We searched for any information on a safe deposit account...we found nothing...So with that, we left!


"Our work is done here boys...Now I can listen and watch her movemants and see if she gets a visit." I said.

"Yeah and you can trace Green eyes" said Clerow...

"Exactly, let's head to Josies for drinks." I said and we pulled off and headed to Josies.

II-



The next morning I met with Attorney Olivia Bennett and her neice, Beverly West...

"Hi Kevin...This is my neice, Beverly West.." said Olivia...

She was a very pretty and pleasent looking young lady...Just like her aunt...

"Hello...You're the private investigator my aunt told me about?" she asked.

"That would be me..." I said.

She opened up an envelope and showed me the contents.....Several photos of her in the nude or in just panties....She was a very attractive girl...I felt embarrassed seeing these photos of her.....She could sense that... She showed me an unsigned note printed from a computer...

"It would be a shame if these photos got on the internet....especially since you're trying to get a government job...Why don't you stop playing and give me what I want?"

It wasn't signed...

"His name is Larry Geter....We took a few classes together when I was at Community college...We were friends....I went out with him for drinks a few times...He took me to breakfast and to lunch and to the movies a few times too...But it never got sexual or physical....I didn't see him that way and I told him on numerous occassions..Finally,I stopped going out with him....He began calling me incessantly....Then when I moved...
He moved into the same apartment complex...  I happened to mention that I'd taken photos for an old boyfriend years ago and he found the old boyfriend...put a gun to him and absconded the photos...He said if I sleep with him just one time..he'll give me the negatives..." she said.

"He's probably scanned the negatives...Don't believe that...." I said.

"This is his address, and this is where he works..." she said.

"He works at Happy Photo huh?" I said.

"Yeah...does that mean anything?" she asked.

"I know his boss...Perhaps his boss can do me a solid." I said.

"Sit tight cutey...I might have some good news for you." I said.

Olivia smiled...

"Kevin is good people ,he'll fix this for you." she said.

"I sure hope so." said Beverly.

III-


I stopped by "Happy Photo" and got a good look at this Larry Geter......Definitely not a playa or a dangerous looking sort...I waited for him to go on his lunch break and I talked to his boss, a friend of mine named Hugh Lennox..

"Yeah Kev...He works for me...I'm gettin ready to fire him....Always late, always foolin around with the girls here..." he said.

"Where does he work?" I asked..

"Over at that station..." he said.

We accessed his computer and we found not only nudes of Beverly, but of several other women!!!! Hugh printed all of them and then erased them from his hard drive...
I got a call on my phone from Clerow...

"What's good Clerow?" I asked.

"Jackpot Kev...Sean and Peeping Tom found your girls photos and others on his hard drive on both of his laptops and his main computer...They erased all of em..." he said.

"Great...are they out?" I asked.

"Yeah, Lockpick, Tom and Sean are gone...Me and Owen and Kool Kat are down the street from his spot waitin for him to come home..." he said...

"Good...wear masks so he can't identify you...Take him to the water tower....I'll meet you there."I said.

"We on it." he said.

I smiled.

Larry Geter strolled into the office just then and Hugh called him....

"What's happening Hugh baby?" he said.

Hugh showed him the glossies of naked women....

His eyes got as wide as saucers...

"You're late...thirty minutes late from getting back and I discovered these on your hard drive...THIS is what you do on my time? You'reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FIRED!!!!" he screamed..

"Well uh..uh..Hugh can I have my photos?" he asked..

"NO.GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE HELLL OUT!" he screamed....

Larry Geter wasted no time getting out of the office...amid chuckles from the young ladies working there.....

When he got to his apartment he ran into Kool Kat, Clerow and Owen Todd!!!!'



NOT his day!

IV-


When I got to the water tower...Kool Kat and Owen Todd had Larry Geter hanging by his ankles from the water tower...He was clearly frightened to death...

They were wearing masks...Clerow who was at the bottom of the tower passed me a mask before I went up.....

I took his smartphone from him...

I went inside and erased all of his photos of nude women...then I slipped it back in his
pockets...

"Larry.." I said.

"How do you know my name?" he screamed...

"Oh you and I have a mutual friend...Her name is Beverly West....You know her don't you?" I said.

He wimpered....

"Yes.."

"Alright...We've erased all of your nude photos...We got your laptops, we got your computer and we got your smartphone...Somewhere you've got negatives though...and I want them....This is not negotiable.."I said.

"Okay...Okayyyyyyyyyyy, just cut me down..." he said.

"You are not to call her or try to make contact with her again...do you hear?" I said.

"Yes........." he said.

We cut him down and drove him back to his apartment where he turned over the negatives...

"If by chance you have some copies that we didn't get and they show up....You had better find a new city to live in...You hear me?" I said.

"Y-Yesss, Yes sirrrr....That's it...that's all the negatives..." he said.

"Bye Larry...."I said...

With that Kool Kat, Owen, Clerow and I left...  Larry had had a bad day....He had lost his job and his bargaining tips...He couldn't blackmail Beverly or anyone else now..

V-





I dropped the negatives on Olivia's desk....

"We got em out of his smartphone ,his two laptops and his computer at work...and we put the fear of God in him...I don't think you'll have any trouble out of him anymore." I said.

"Oh Auntay ,Mr. Kevin...I don't know how to thank you." said Beverly...

"Don't take anymore nude photos.."I laughed...

Olivia Bennett hugged me and kissed me on the cheek...

"Kevin ,you're a life saver..."she said...

I smiled...

I headed home...With that little piece of business done...I now had to finish up my original business with my "client" Kim Wilkins and Green Eyes....

By now...he had figured out that he was snookered...and I imagine he was hopping mad..

By now she must know that I'd escaped with the bag...I wouldn't have to look for them, one or the other would be looking for me...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Loving this story so far...So many twists and turns and once again , a glance at the lovely Olivia Bennett....Can't wait to read her series....I know it's coming...

Sunflower said...

Good storyline so far...Loved the side story with your new charactors..Surprisingly...There was no mayhem in this..

Swaggie said...

Nice to see Kevin and his n"operatives puttin in work in both cases.

Toni said...

This was Beverly's first appearence!