Friday, October 11, 2013

Don't You Worry Bout A Thing

So here I was in a brand new tailored suit, out for a peaceful night with two very beautiful young ladies...and about to be entangled in some drama...Here I thought was a  pretty open and shut ,easy case...Somebody wanted me to find someone, a non-playa...I found the person...The person appeared to be alright...But here this person was mixed up with a juice man...

I looked at Carlotta....

"I recorded that entire exchange on my new iphone." I said.

''So did I." she said and showed me hers..

"So you can jack these guys up on  a loan sharking charge tonight...You get some prints and DNA and maybe Jimmy can close his murder case." I said.

"We are on the same wave length Papi...I already sent Jimmy a text...He's on his way..." she said.

I smiled...

"Okay Carlotta...Just follow my lead." I said.

"I'm right behind you Kevin." she said.

Frizz Johnson and Knuckles Thompson were dragging Spanish Fly around the back away from the street so that people couldn't see them...

Fred "Frizzy" Johnson was actually an Insurance Agent with a major insurance company by day...By night he was a loan shark...Everybody in the neighborhood knew who he really was...The police suspected it, but no one living could ever prove it and those alive that did know it were too afraid to say anything for fear of their life or as it would be...their immediate death.

His flunky, Bobby "Knuckles " Thompson was an old bust out boxer...Used to be pretty good, but had become a punch drunk old rummy over the years...but was still said to be a pretty rough customer..When he was sober...He was cheap muscle for hire...

II-
"Heyyy man...please don't hurt me...I told you I'd get the money...Just give me a few days...Here's $750.00 dollars , that's all I got...I can get you the rest..You'll have a G by tomorrow, I swear." said Spanish Fly...

Knuckles belted him in the stomach and then punched him in his jaw...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuummmmph..." he groaned as he fell to the ground...

Carlotta and I laughed out loud and pretended to be a drunk couple stumbling...

"Heyyyyyy mami, that's a sexy dress you got on..." I laughed...

"Ouuu doddy, I love it when you talk like that." laughed Carlotta.

Frizzy Johnson snapped at us...

"Hey you two...Get the hell from behind here..." he said.

I held my iphone up and snapped his photo...He reached for it and I pulled it back.

"Heyyy...I'm gonna bust that phone up.." he said...

''Nah Frizzy, your bustin days are through...and you can kiss your job at the insurance company goodbye too...I filmed you beating up a guy who owes you money....The cops call that uh...Loan sharking...Isn't that right Mister Juice man?" I said.

"You aint drunk!" he snapped...

"And you aint sexy...Smile, you're on Candid Camera..."I said and snapped another photo of him...

"Knuckles! Teach this punk some manners and smash that phone." he snapped...

"Yeah Boss." he said and swung at me...He missed...

I hit him with three lefts and three rights to his jaw..I backed him up and caught him with an upper cut and a right cross... He swung again and missed wildly and I nailed him with a left hook...He kept swinging, kept telegraphing his punches and kept missing..and I kept nailing him with lefts and rights...It was almost laughable how much of his skills he had lost...I cracked him again and his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell into a trash can and then fell into the street..Stretched out!

Frizzy went to go for a gun ,only to feel the cold steel of Carlotta's glock on his chin...

She spun him around, threw him up against the wall and handcuffed him....

"It's tank time papi." she said with a smile...

"You're a cop?" he said.

"Aint you the smart one tonight?" I said.

"I know who you are...You're that private investigator!!...." he snapped..

I looked at Carlotta...

"He's three for three tonight." I said.

She cracked up laughing....

"You set me up Fly?" he snapped..

"No he didn't...You set yourself up by coming in here tonight." I said.

There was no need to handcuff Knuckles....He was out for the night!...

Carmen had seen the entire thing.....

"Aye Mios dios...You guys were great...My little sister, the tough Detective...I'm so proud of her.." she said...

She helped Spanish Fly up off of the pavement...He was holding his jaw....

"Ughhhhhhhh ,thanks Carm....Thank you Carlotta, Kevin..." he groaned...

"Don't mention it..really, don't mention it." I said.

I had managed not to damage my suit and it was a quick fight..Lucky me...

Carlotta looked at me and smiled...Then she high fived me...

"We work together quite well Kevin.." she said.

"Don't we though?" I said and we both laughed..

III-

Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow arrived with three uniformed policemen and  picked up Frizzy Johnson and Knuckles Thompson... Knuckles was just waking up when they arrived...

"Damn Kev...you put this big gorilla to sleep? Remind me never to piss you off." said Jimmy...

Carlotta, Jimmy, the three cops and I all laughed as they hustled both of them into the squad car...

Jimmy looked at them both...

"I've been waiting a long time for you two cool cats...Thanks Carlotta..." he said..

"Jimmy...I have someone I want you to meet...This is Carmen, my older sister...Carmen..This is one of my co-workers...Detective Jimmy Barlow..." she said.

 
 "Pleased to meet you.." she said.

"Damn Carlotta...You got a sister this fine?? And you?? You aint no slouch yourself..Wow...I know your father kept his shotgun on the front porch....!!" exclaimed Jimmy...

"We've heard that all of our lives." said Carlotta...Carmen laughed in agreement..


"It was nice meeting you Carmen...Carlotta, Kevin...Thanks again." said Jimmy as he and the policemen loaded the two felons in the back of a squad car and pulled off.

Carlotta looked at Carmen and me..

"Well, the night wasn't a total loss...Let's split this place and go get some Fajitas and some beers...I know another place, a quieter place not far from here." said Carlotta.

"Sounds like a plan to me." said Carmen...

Spanish Fly looked at Carmen...He managed a weak smile...It was as if he knew that his day of being her hero had come and long gone...

"It was nice seeing you again baby...I'm glad you didn't get mixed up with me...You went on and made something out of yourself...I hope maybe...one day...I get smart and do something better with my life...
See ya around kid....Have a good life Carm....Carlotta...always a pleasure seeing you baby...and you, Kevin...Thank you for saving my life man..." he said.

"Not to mention $750.00 dollars." I said.

We both busted out laughing...He shook my hand..

"Thanks Kev." he said..

He straightened his clothes out and walked back into the club...Carlotta, Carmen and I went to the place she told us about and had Fajitas and beers and talked quietly...

"Did you get your closure Sister?" asked Carlotta.

"Yes...I don't know what I ever saw in that guy." said Carmen..

"We were young...." said Carlotta.

"Young and dumb." said Carmen..

Carmen looked at me and smiled..

"Christmas...I'm coming back...I'm bringing Mercedes with me...I want you and your wife to come and have dinner with us...at least one night during the holidays.." she said.

"That's a date...we certainly will keep." I said...

''Ayyyyeee..What a night.."said Carlotta.

"And you thought it was going to be boring." I said.

The three of us broke into gales of laughter.

EPILOUGE:

Jimmy got fingerprints and DNA from both Frizzy Johnson and Knuckles Thompson which linked them both to a 2012 murder...They were both tried and convicted of 2nd degree Murder ,Felonious Assault and Extortion..and sentenced to close to 60 years a peice in prison...

My wife Sepia and I lie across the bed, relaxing some hours later...

''So how was your girls night out ?" I asked...

"It was fun...but all of us starting missing our guys after awhile." she said.

"Awww you're just saying that." I said.

"No..It's true..Josie was the only single girl there...and since you were out with Carlotta and her sister, She and I were the only two who went home alone..."said Sepia.

"Well, you're not alone now babes.." I said.

"How was your night?" she asked.

"Well you know...That club was pretty loud and it was basically for kids...Not my type of place...Carlotta's neither...It's just that her sister wanted to see that guy again.." I said.

"Well...How did that go?" she asked.

"Not at all like she thought...Sometimes you just can't rehash the past." I said.

"Yeah, you're right about that." said Sepia as we just lie in bed and drifted back to sleep.




2 comments:

Sunflower said...

Thourougly enjoyed it!

James Perkins said...

Good Story!